2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: 2020 Elections - Led to Impeachment?

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:08 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:00 pm
Kismet wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:54 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:38 pm
Who cares what you require. Every member is entitled to their 5 min of debate to speak on behalf of the voters they represent. Members who disagree can take their 5 min, scold them & state their disagreement & why. That's the way these objections have always been done before.

You may be right about the future of Cruz & Hawley. Their voters will decide.

You're just jealous of MO because we've won so many World Series & the hunting, fishing, boating & water sports are so good, at a fraction of the bi-coastal cost of living.
Up yours Sailor. Last time I checked my favorite baseball team has 16 more World Series championships than the Cardinals.
Must be such a nice place that pro basketball and football could not be supported there after MULTIPLE tries.

Call me when you can sport fish for striped bass and tuna in Missouri. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember 1964 ?

My lax star niece just sent me a pic of her lax star hubby with the Stanley Cup.
His family is part of the ownership group. :mrgreen:
Now this is the kind of back and forth and vitriol that I can get behind!

Our long time bar manager in Ann Arbor was Bob Forsch's daughter, OS......
i remember you saying that, but I thought she was your wife...oops, should I not have mentioned that ?

I was in attendance when Forsch pitched in the '85 World Series.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:15 pm
Who cares what you require. Every member is entitled to their 5 min of debate to speak on behalf of the voters they represent. Members who disagree can take their 5 min, scold them & state their disagreement & why. That's the way these objections have always been done before.

You're just jealous of MO because we've won so many World Series & the hunting, fishing, boating & water sports are so good, at a fraction of the bi-coastal cost of living.
Up yours Sailor. Last time I checked my favorite baseball team has 16 more World Series championships than the Cardinals.
Must be such a nice place that pro basketball and football could not be supported there after MULTIPLE tries.

Call me when you can sport fish for striped bass and tuna in Missouri. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember 1964 ?

My lax star niece just sent me a pic of her lax star hubby with the Stanley Cup.
I prefer 1928 (4-0) and 1943 (4-1). My favorite hockey team (which is not known for winning them) has three more Stanley Cups than the Blues.
You're still full of shirt. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A good friend of mine was line mates with Travis Roy’s father.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:22 pm i remember you saying that, but I thought she was your wife...oops, should I not have mentioned that ?
:lol: That's an honest mistake. Funny thing, is that she is a stunning, and very tall redhead......Lax Fidelis would ask about her every single time we spoke, even years after we had left Ann Arbor. She made quite an impression on him! :lol:
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:22 pm I was in attendance when Forsch pitched in the '85 World Series.
Met him a few times. Really nice man. Pity I'm not a baseball guy, as I'm sure I would have asked him a ton of questions about his playing days.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:56 am
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:52 pm
Nothing new in that article other than CNN's wishful headline. The StL Post & KC Star both endorsed 2 term incumbent McCaskill in '18. He easily unseated her. She's now the resident crab on Morning Joe. They criticized everything Hawley did even before this.

5 of 6 MO House Reps joined Hawley in objecting, in the midst of the siege of the Capitol. Hawley's not up for reelection until '24. Keep doxing him. It makes him a sympathetic figure back home. The (D)'s & their media proxies want to make sure he's not Trump's successor. He scares them for '24.
Frankly, I don't require Senators from states where they don't reside to influence (or even have an opinion on) what elected officials in my state do with regard to election process. Said process is delegated to the states by the Constitution - the document their oath requires them to support and defend.

If I wanted to live in Missouri I'd move there -- but, to tell the truth, having been there many times it is not nirvana.

IMHO both Hawley and Cruz are TOAST as future candidates. The last thing this country needs is another a-hole as big as DOPUS running things. Of course, DOPUS is not running much of ANYTHING currently except his mouth.

You're from Missouri, Salty?

Didn't know that. I've been there on business bunch of times, but I think my best insight into that state's rural group was a quail hunt down in Texas to which a bunch of top distributors of pet food, horse food, etc were invited by Purina...I don't think I've ever experienced the sort of full-throated racism as the guys from the Missouri distributors spouted throughout those three days. A little liquor and wow. Extremely uncomfortable.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Remember 1964 ?

I prefer 1928 (4-0) and 1943 (4-1). My favorite hockey team (which is not known for winning them) has three more Stanley Cups than the Blues.
Your ball park, even the new one, is a dump, in an unsafe part of town. ...as is your hockey rink.
...& you don't have to paint the bottom of your boat.
Last edited by old salt on Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:34 pm ..I don't think I've ever experienced the sort of full-throated racism as the guys from the Missouri distributors spouted throughout those three days. A little liquor and wow. Extremely uncomfortable.
I've lived in over a dozen places all over our nation----you'll come across that stuff in every State. All of them.

Lived in Kansas City before starting our business in the 90's. Loved it. Neat place.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:44 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:34 pm ..I don't think I've ever experienced the sort of full-throated racism as the guys from the Missouri distributors spouted throughout those three days. A little liquor and wow. Extremely uncomfortable.
I've lived in over a dozen places all over our nation----you'll come across that stuff in every State. All of them.

Lived in Kansas City before starting our business in the 90's. Loved it. Neat place.
Now that's a scientific sampling.

Were any of them from AWG in Springfield, MO ? That's my brother's co-op. Supplied our family store for > 100 years.

https://www.awginc.com/locations3.html
Last edited by old salt on Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:55 pm
That's the way these objections have always been done before.
Salty is correct. Exact same thing as in 2005:

1. John Kerry maintained for two months that he had won in a landslide.
2. John Kerry filed and lost 5 dozen lawsuits contesting the election.
3. John Kerry held a rally on the day the EC votes were opened in Congress and counted.
4. John Kerry incited his supporters to storm the Capital.
5. Kerry's supporters forced the counting to be suspended while members of Congress fled the chambers for their lives.
6. After several people died and the Capital was cleared by SWAT teams, the joint session resumed.
7. Then Senator Boxer decided it was appropriate to continue with her objection.

I don't see any material differences. Do you?
:lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DMac

Post by DMac »

MDlaxfan76 wrote

Didn't know that. I've been there on business bunch of times, but I think my best insight into that state's rural group was a quail hunt down in Texas to which a bunch of top distributors of pet food, horse food, etc were invited by Purina...I don't think I've ever experienced the sort of full-throated racism as the guys from the Missouri distributors spouted throughout those three days. A little liquor and wow. Extremely uncomfortable.
That's one benefit of being in the military, MDlax, you get a little taste of the differences in people and how different attitudes are depending on where they came from and how they think. Had a couple of buddies from Mississippi (family was a plantation owner when that was a thing) and Georgia (pretty much every other state too), those folks didn't think like I did. You'll get some of that in other places too, but I don't think as much as you do in the military. It's quite an education....you also learn to put those differences aside and work together to accomplish the mission.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:46 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:44 pm

Now that's a scientific sampling.

Were any of them from AWG in Springfield, MO ? That's my brother's co-op. Supplied our family store for > 100 years.

https://www.awginc.com/locations3.html
No, that's a grocery co-op. Can't speak as to them, though I think I've met some Price Chopper folks.

This was in a former life in which my wife and I turned around an ailing specialty pet food distributor and chain of stores, and founded a nationwide co-op of independent pet food stores and distributors, 12 manufacturers making private label with Ralston Purina (we were also a Purina Mills distributor) as our largest sponsor. Akin to True Value in the hardware business. We sold our interests to the largest distributor in the group, who were contiguous in territory. The concept died some years later under the onslaught of the big box stores, well after we'd left.

Most of the distributors were also Purina Mills (which had split from Ralston Purina), so were in the animal feed (as contrasted with pet) business, so typically a more rural bunch.

The Missouri guys, who I otherwise enjoyed, gregarious, funny...but then the racist jokes started and more...ugly stuff they actually believed.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:57 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote

That's one benefit of being in the military, MDlax, you get a little taste of the differences in people and how different attitudes are depending on where they came from and how they think. Had a couple of buddies from Mississippi (family was a plantation owner when that was a thing) and Georgia (pretty much every other state too), those folks didn't think like I did. You'll get some of that in other places too, but I don't think as much as you do in the military. It's quite an education....you also learn to put those differences aside and work together to accomplish the mission.
I'm 100% behind that benefit of military service.

Though that wasn't part of my own experience, given the accident of timing when I would have most likely served, I've had quite a lot of exposure to all sorts of folks, urban and rural. So it's not as if I don't understand "those folks didn't think like I did" reality.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Not sure if anyone posted this already, but it looks pretty straightforward (unless you are in the bag for the Trump Family Circus):

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/ ... a/full.pdf
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:57 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote

I believe a stint in the military or some sort of civil service for 1 year would do wonders for many people in the country. It would resolve many issues that we have.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:12 pm I believe a stint in the military or some sort of civil service for 1 year would do wonders for many people in the country. It would resolve many issues that we have.
Agree 1000%. I would have done me a WORLD of good in my youth.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:34 pm

...my best insight into that state's rural group was a quail hunt down in Texas to which a bunch of top distributors of pet food, horse food, etc were invited by Purina...
When I was growing up in rural/exurban MO. Quail hunting was great. Farmers would let you hunt their harvested fields. Everybody had a bird dog. Sadly, not so much anymore.

https://www.fourstateshomepage.com/news ... -60-years/
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:05 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:55 am
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:30 am Looks like Nancy's going to rush through articles of impeachment then sit on them, at least until Biden has his first 100 days, get's his nominees confirmed, & diversifies the national covid vacc plan.

Maybe she can stretch it out until the 2022 campaign starts, just like she did last time.

More political theater.
Citation for the “then sit on them” portion of your comment, please.

I can understand why one train of thought would be to get the Biden administration agenda priority, but I agree postponement would show a lack of seriousness to the charge.

The probability of a guilty judgement is also reduced, as possible Republican senatorial support will fade; partly because of America’s penchant for having a short memory.
Clyburn & Manchen both said Pelosi could hold the articles of impeachment & not immediately forward them to the Senate.

They both mentioned Biden's nominees & first 100 days initiatives, including his vaccination plan.

Send your objection to Clyburn. Are you in his district ? I'm just reporting what they said.
You've jumped to the conclusion that SC refers to a state.

The congressman representing my district is Rouzer, and I have written him on two occasions telling him he's a Trump sycophant and this lifelong republican will never vote for any candidate who has EVER supported the worst president in our country's history.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:41 pm

Remember 1964 ?

Your ball park, even the new one, is a dump, in an unsafe part of town. ...as is your hockey rink.
...& you don't have to paint the bottom of your boat.
You have not been to the new ballpark obviously. Like most out-of-towners you're also delusional about the neighborhood currently surrounding the new stadium. As for MSG, you're also clueless about that location as well but about what I'd expect from a two bit clueless hayseed from Missorah. :P :lol:
Now we know why Yogi and Joe left town.......it wasn't bad Italian food either. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:12 pm Not sure if anyone posted this already, but it looks pretty straightforward (unless you are in the bag for the Trump Family Circus):

Yup, pretty straightforward.

I think they need to present it to Mitch at earliest possible date (ie., before Trump leaves office). The ball is then in his court. The fact that Mitch wants to delay is on him and the republicans. One count is not going to take more than one week to adjudicate, even if it is an early week in the new administration. The republicans are doing everything they can to try to convince the democrats how bad this will be for a) the democrats, b) the country, etc. They are protesting too much, the republicans are arguing for no accountability, especially if it is associated with the republican party. If they want to censure Trump, let them knock themselves out. Every democrat will vote for it. It carries no force of law, slap on the wrist. Seems to me it is a trap the republicans are setting for themselves if Nancy still decides to move forward with impeachment.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ggait

Post by ggait »

Emily Rainey, a 30-year-old psychological operations officer stationed at Fort Bragg, told the Associated Press she led 100 members of a conservative advocacy group in North Carolina to Washington, D.C., on Wednesday "to stand against election fraud."

“I was a private citizen and doing everything right and within my rights,” Rainey told the Associated Press on Sunday.

Rainey resigned after military officials said they would investigate her participation and whether any other enlisted military joined her for the Washington events, CBS News reported on Monday.

This gal certainly has 1st Amendment rights as a private citizen. But JFC -- how is she qualified to do her job??????

She's a psy ops professional. But couldn't detect that she had been successfully psy op-ed by Trump's obvious Big Lies and BS?????

What the heck is wrong with all these military folks involved in this?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:43 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:12 pm Not sure if anyone posted this already, but it looks pretty straightforward (unless you are in the bag for the Trump Family Circus):

Yup, pretty straightforward.

I think they need to present it to Mitch at earliest possible date (ie., before Trump leaves office). The ball is then in his court. The fact that Mitch wants to delay is on him and the republicans. One count is not going to take more than one week to adjudicate, even if it is an early week in the new administration. The republicans are doing everything they can to try to convince the democrats how bad this will be for a) the democrats, b) the country, etc. They are protesting too much, the republicans are arguing for no accountability, especially if it is associated with the republican party. If they want to censure Trump, let them knock themselves out. Every democrat will vote for it. It carries no force of law, slap on the wrist. Seems to me it is a trap the republicans are setting for themselves if Nancy still decides to move forward with impeachment.
Would that allow Mitch & the (still) (R) majority to set the rules of the trial ?

Return to “POLITICS”