CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by foreverlax »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:37 am
foreverlax wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:30 am Not the message I got....The lying the past 4 years, from the Rs, is unprecedented....imho.
Specifically from Trump. And then Rs following his lead. Trump is and has been truly unique in his ability to fabricate reality. Politicians lie. People lie. But Trump is and has been in a completely different stratosphere. Trump is literally a pathological liar. Not a great guy to be running our country.
Agreed.

Next comes the #1 guy in the House....he has no excuse. Traitor.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:39 am
foreverlax wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:30 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:15 am
foreverlax wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:13 am
"We need people who will speak the truth, who will remember that we are here for our fellow citizens, they are here for our country. They are not here simply to be re-elected again," the former longtime Republican added. "Right now we need you to be real Americans who we can trust, who will tell the truth, who will argue on the basis of facts, and not just argue on the basis of what their primary looks like."
Colin Powell.
So, what he is saying is we are royally effed, b/c we both know them baztids lie to our faces quite often.
Not the message I got....The lying the past 4 years, from the Rs, is unprecedented....imho.
Epic levels of such. Definitely no comparison with any other period in my 60+ years of life, though the lying during the Vietnam era from those we trusted to represent the country, including military brass, was similarly consequential.

This period is definitely the worse from the the POTUS and right wing media, and this has created a 'political market' to which the majority of elected national R's tragically chose to acquiesce.
Every elected person in DC who supported The Big Lie is culpable.

If you only listen to Fox and Trump....and the rest of the echo chamber, how are his supporters supposed to get the real facts?

We are f'd if we can't agree on facts.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I forget the exact tweet that i posted yesterday but it was something like, Right now, to be a Patriot, you need to be anti-Trump. Strikes me as very powerful words. It's not even not pro-Trump. It's anti-Trump. And it's very true. Trump, far beyond Nixon or any other other modern president we've demonized, has moved beyond the pale. I'd argue, he did this many years ago and then did it repeatedly many times after this. But, right now, it is particularly clear in the eyes of most every american (and otherwise).
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:43 am If you only listen to Fox and Trump....and the rest of the echo chamber, how are his supporters supposed to get the real facts?
forever, to be fair, they get the facts. They know that the rest of the country believes that Biden won the election fair and square. The issue isn't the media or people needing more diverse media sources. The issue is the people. 9 out of 10 times, in these situations, the problem is the people. most things are good. Humans... not so much. :)
Caddy Day
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:39 am
foreverlax wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:30 am Not the message I got....The lying the past 4 years, from the Rs, is unprecedented....imho.
Specifically from Trump. And then Rs following his lead. Trump is and has been truly unique in his ability to fabricate reality. Politicians lie. People lie. But Trump is and has been in a completely different stratosphere. Trump is literally a pathological liar. Not a great guy to be running our country.
Agreed.

McCarthy.

I've actually been pleased with Cheney. The GOP would be wise to elevate her, but the gerrymandered House GOP won't do that.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:48 am
foreverlax wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:43 am If you only listen to Fox and Trump....and the rest of the echo chamber, how are his supporters supposed to get the real facts?
forever, to be fair, they get the facts. They know that the rest of the country believes that Biden won the election fair and square. The issue isn't the media or people needing more diverse media sources. The issue is the people. 9 out of 10 times, in these situations, the problem is the people. most things are good. Humans... not so much. :)
They aren't getting facts from their trusted sources.....Ingram, Hannity Rush.....

Brett Baier and John Roberts are about the only folks that even try to be fair and balanced.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:54 am
Agreed.

McCarthy.

I've actually been pleased with Cheney. The GOP would be wise to elevate her, but the gerrymandered House GOP won't do that.
Of course she is now persona non grata with DOPUS, et. al.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:58 am They aren't getting facts from their trusted sources.....Ingram, Hannity Rush.....
Brett Baier and John Roberts are about the only folks that even try to be fair and balanced.
Agreed. and if their "trusted sources" didn't echo what their (ironically) trusted leader is saying, they'd turn off the TV completely.
Caddy Day
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:48 am
I agree re your post to be a Patriot one needs to be actively anti-Trump.

And I certainly don't absolve the responsibility of individuals who choose to ignore available information...of which there is plenty.

But I can also say with confidence that many people literally don't know lots of key information. My mother-in-law is an edge case, dementia, only hears Fox. But my nutcase, but otherwise functional brother-in-law in my basement, computer scientist working for an NSA contractor, constantly tells my wife (and me when we were still speaking) that he literally hasn't seen, hasn't heard, key information...for example, not knowing who the Proud Boys are, not understanding QAnon's core conspiracy theory, not understanding various symbolism and flags flown...look at this thread and people choosing to argue about the meaning of even the most obvious such.

And just as importantly, "I've seen with my own eyes" logic about stuff like the ballot boxes under the table, which has been very thoroughly debunked on other media and the election officials, including again last night on 60 Minutes. He hasn't read ANY of the cases, instead thinks he's learned all about how the "courts failed to do their jobs". These people actually believe it's CNN that's lying constantly, so no matter whether they've been exposed to the ideas/facts presented, they've been effectively brainwashed into believing "my own eyes".

Responsibility, IMO, starts at the very top and then down through all those with major platforms from which to influence others, whether politicians or media or other. The bigger the megaphone, the more responsibility to use it honestly. And those in elected office who've taken an oath to the Constitution, all the more so...of course, who hasn't said the pledge of allegiance??? Carlson, Hannity, Ingraham, and whole bunch of other a-holes have been hugely irresponsible and still are doing so. It's all reprehensible.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:58 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:54 am
Agreed.

McCarthy.

Of course she is now persona non grata with DOPUS, et. al.
Key test for me!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:21 am And I certainly don't absolve the responsibility of individuals who choose to ignore available information... The bigger the megaphone, the more responsibility... It's all reprehensible.
There are similarities between media and illegal drugs in that you have a drug addict who needs crack or heroin or whatever the case is. The truth is that the drug addict doesn't need the drugs. Matter of fact, the drugs are killing him. The drug addict needs a better solution. But, for now, there's a drug dealer who's making good money from his addiction so they partner with each other. And good luck separating them. The drug addict is at the heart of the problem. He needs to find a better solution for dealing whatever drove him to crack, heroin, etc. in the first place. With this said, the drug dealer is... reprehensible.
Caddy Day
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

antisemitic terrorist identified:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/10/politics ... index.html

A rioter who stormed the US Capitol Wednesday wearing a sweatshirt emblazoned with the phrase "Camp Auschwitz" has been identified as Robert Keith Packer of Virginia, according to three sources who spoke with CNN.

An image of Packer inside the Capitol, whose sweatshirt bore the name of the Nazi concentration camp where about 1.1 million people were killed during World War II, has evoked shock and disbelief on social media. The bottom of his shirt stated, "Work brings freedom," which is the rough translation of the phrase "Arbeit macht frei" that was on the concentration camp's gates.

Such hatred and desire for genocide does not surprise me in the least as I have been called the K word by trumpists on other websites for daring to stray from the pro tRUMP cultism insanity that is infecting the USA today.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Advice borrowed from a friend of a friend.

Huge numbers of our population believe in a complete alternate reality. Alternate facts as it were.

But just as intensely as I believe they are deluded, they think I am the one who is deluded. Maybe I am. So how can I be confident in my perception? It can be quite difficult.

But, I have found that in times of political confusion, particularly when emotions are running high and creating tunnel vision, the presence of Nazis can be an extremely helpful indicator.

If I am attending a local demonstration or event and I see Nazis…neo-Nazis, miscellaneous-Nazis, master race Nazis, or the latest-whatever-uber-mythology-Nazis, I figure out which side they are on.

And if they are on my side of the demonstration? I am on the wrong side.

It is tough to argue moral equivalence when I am standing next to a Nazi. Look to my right. Is there a guy wearing a 6MWE (6 million wasn’t enough) t-shirt? I am on the wrong side.

Look to my left. If that guy is wearing a Camp Auschwitz t-shirt? Wrong side.

Are Speakers being applauded for referring to things that Hitler got right? Wrong side.

Team-spirit face paint and hat with animal horns? This is actually an unclear indicator that could mean anything, but safest to keep my distance from that guy anyway, even at a football game.

However, I can always, always, always rely on the presence of Nazis as a guiding light through a fog of disinformation.

Some things are relative, and politics can absolutely have it’s opposing sides and grey areas.

But evil and good are absolute. As are the lessons of history.

So, just look for the Nazis, and make your own decisions.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU88 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:38 am Advice borrowed from a friend of a friend.

Huge numbers of our population believe in a complete alternate reality. Alternate facts as it were.

But just as intensely as I believe they are deluded, they think I am the one who is deluded. Maybe I am. So how can I be confident in my perception? It can be quite difficult.

But, I have found that in times of political confusion, particularly when emotions are running high and creating tunnel vision, the presence of Nazis can be an extremely helpful indicator.

If I am attending a local demonstration or event and I see Nazis…neo-Nazis, miscellaneous-Nazis, master race Nazis, or the latest-whatever-uber-mythology-Nazis, I figure out which side they are on.

It is tough to argue moral equivalence when I am standing next to a Nazi. Look to my right. Is there a guy wearing a 6MWE (6 million wasn’t enough) t-shirt? I am on the wrong side.

Are Speakers being applauded for referring to things that Hitler got right? Wrong side.

Team-spirit face paint and hat with animal horns? This is actually an unclear indicator that could mean anything, but safest to keep my distance from that guy anyway, even at a football game.

However, I can always, always, always rely on the presence of Nazis as a guiding light through a fog of disinformation.

Some things are relative, and politics can absolutely have it’s opposing sides and grey areas.

+1
“I wish you would!”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

CU88 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:38 am Advice borrowed from a friend of a friend.

If someone wears a shirt that implies 6 million Jews being slaughtered wasn't enough, I'm certain I wouldn't support a politician they would support.

Birds of a feather, etc.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:34 am
tech37 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:04 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:40 pm
tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:12 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:51 am
Bart wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:33 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:22 am
Bart wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:57 am
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:15 pm Image
wow. I hope you don't get paint on yourself with that extremely broad brush.
Really? You think that image goes too far as a metaphor for what we saw this week, what we can see online, and what (hopefully) most of us don't bother to see on the dark web?

This faux outrage from tech is downright laughable.

What's been revealed this week is an ugly truth, the Trump cult is in large part undergirded by a white supremacist, fascist ideology, complete with the most radical such adherents.

The black and white flag is a representation of that dark truth, the peeling back the revealing of what's really underneath, hidden purposely to those who it has seduced.

To be clear, there are Trump cultists who do not understand this reality, they've been seduced into it with all sorts of blatant lies, with the ground prepared over numerous years. But that's what they now find themselves part of, and being revealed.

The question is what those who did not understand this reality do, will they break their fever and disassociate themselves from the lies and violent, fascist intent?
I do. The peeling back of the blue stripe suggests to me that police, signified by the blue stripe, in general are nazi sympathizers.

Were there some off duty police involved in the bs this week? Certainly. Should they be be held accountable? Certainly. To me the image paints all police in that manner, hence the broad brush comment.
Perhaps you can explain to me the genesis of a flag that's black and white with a blue line. Is this a symbol of the Trump cult variety or is it an image promoted by Antifa or BLM etc? I am under the impression that it's the former.

Assuming the blue line is intended to represent the police, I don't think that the peeling back of that line or any other to reveal what's underneath all of the lines necessarily means ALL police or "in general" are white supremacist fascists. Just the Trump cult adherents.

But I may be mistaken. Don't think so: https://www.themarshallproject.org/2020 ... rican-flag
From the article you linked:

Those who fly the flag have said it stands for solidarity and professional pride within a dangerous, difficult profession and a solemn tribute to fallen police officers.

That is the truth regarding the flag's origin and intention and why, IMO, the posted bastardized version is a lie. The flag is also a symbolic foil to the absurd notion of defund and/or abolish the police. Reform is in no doubt needed and I am quite sure the vast majority of cops would agree with that.

In the originator's own words:

Now, Jacob is the president of Thin Blue Line USA, one of the largest online retailers devoted exclusively to sales of pro-police flags,
T-shirts, neckwear and jewelry. “The flag has no association with racism, hatred, bigotry,” he said. “It’s a flag to show support for law enforcement—no politics involved.”

I would bet thousands of black and brown (unfortunately I need to be specific here) policemen and policewomen would disagree with your hyper-sensitive and distorted interpretation of their flag.

“When I see that flag as a sticker on a car or flying in someone’s yard, I know that there is someone there that knows what I’m going through. They know because they are a part of the family,” Bishopp said. “I don’t really care if it bothers people or hurts their feelings to see that flag. I absolutely could care less. I am proud of what I do, the people I work with, and the ones who have died defending the rights of strangers. I will continue to fly that flag until my very last day.”

Well said.

And of course I never mentioned anything "Trump" regarding the flag... you on the other hand can't seem to help yourself. Your continuing compulsive need to define anything and everything as Trump-related and racist is sad. Almost feel sorry for you...
Funny...you have selected only the positive connotation excerpts...what it also says is "Those who fly the flag have said it stands for solidarity and professional pride within a dangerous, difficult profession and a solemn tribute to fallen police officers. But it has also been flown by white supremacists, appearing next to Confederate flags at the 2017 ‘Unite the Right’ rally in Charlottesville, Virginia."
Funny? To you perhaps... Obviously I chose sections of the article you posted that are accurate to the truthful origin and intention of the flag. My initial point. Why would I include sections that fall into areas of assumption/conjecture? That's your narrative not mine.

And other examples of its usage by these a-holes.
So it seems that a minority of "a-holes" have coopted/hijacked the flag? Perhaps. But instead of recognizing the minority of
a-holes for what they are (this is where accurate, honest reporting is imperative), your typical impulsive reaction is to cry, Trumpist!, racist!, Nazi!, alleging that anyone, including the well-intentioned majority of those who fly the flag, as evil. Seems pretty prejudicial to me.

And it detailed the troubled history of the phrase and concept of "thin blue line".
An easy connection to make or conclusion to draw for anyone with imagination and motive.

Again, blame the white supremacists for having adopted it as an counter to BLM, not me. Blame those in history who originated and developed the phrase and the attitude it represents towards blacks in specific, not me.
History?... history that may not apply to this day and age but can easily be contrived to support motivation/narrative?

And again, what specific blacks are you referring to? The thousands who happen to be in law enforcement and/or whose family members wish to fly the flag in support, the initial and accurate intention of the symbol?

This is not a matter of hypersensitivity, it's a matter of who has used it and why. The particular meme is a commentary of what is revealed in such usage.
So what to do MD? Do you plan to stand with the "woke mob" and ban the flag?... a ban based on a minority of a-holes who have utilized it for the false reasons, or based on a cherry-picking, deceitful media whose agenda is to further divide the country?

BTW, 2 hours ago:
2 Virginia police officers are on administrative leave after attending event at Capitol last Wednesday
From CNN's Chuck Johnston
Two Rocky Mount, Virginia, police officers are on administrative leave after attending an event in Washington, DC, last Wednesday, according to the Rocky Mount Police Department.

The two off-duty officers were present at an event in DC on Wednesday, a statement the department released on Sunday said.

“The Town of Rocky Mount fully supports all lawful expressions of freedom of speech and assembly by its employees but does not condone the unlawful acts that occurred that day. Based on the available information, the Police Department has notified federal authorities and the individuals that were present at the event are on administrative leave pending review.”
Rocky Mount is located about 25 miles south of Roanoke, Virginia.

On Friday night, the Seattle Police Department had placed at least two officers on administrative leave while officials investigate whether they took part in Wednesday's deadly riot at the US Capitol in Washington, DC, the department's chief, Adrian Diaz, said in a statement.

I suspect there will be more.
Painful reality. Yes, bad apples...they need to go.
Ban the flag???

I haven't even called for banning the Confederate flag or Nazi symbols. As my buddy told me years ago, "when I see the Confederate flag I'm grateful, now I know who the person is".

The Ross flag had a very important rallying purpose, at the time of its creation, and as such I revere it. HOWEVER, I'd never wave it at a political rally today because it sends a very different message TODAY (and I don't want to be associated with that insurrectionist, anti-government message)...Is what you seem to be bothered by that you actually support that message?

There were many, many Ross flags flown at the insurrection...these misguided a-holes think they're rallying "Patriots" to revolt against their government.
So are you saying that all those people at the rally-turned-insurrection, were misguided a-holes?

The balance of your post at this point doesn't interest me.

The thin blue line phrase and its history is exactly that, and it continues to be understood by communities of color to represent, in part, a confrontation with those communities, the racism runs deep. And, unfortunately, it does. Do you want that to continue? Or do you want the racists out?

You realize that supporting the police doesn't mean having to defend racist police and policing, right?

By "Funny" I simply meant you are sadly so...you clearly chose to ignore the full context of what you excerpted.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:54 pm
Really? You think that image goes too far as a metaphor for what we saw this week, what we can see online, and what (hopefully) most of us don't bother to see on the dark web?

What's been revealed this week is an ugly truth, the Trump cult is in large part undergirded by a white supremacist, fascist ideology, complete with the most radical such adherents.

The black and white flag is a representation of that dark truth, the peeling back the revealing of what's really underneath, hidden purposely to those who it has seduced.

To be clear, there are Trump cultists who do not understand this reality, they've been seduced into it with all sorts of blatant lies, with the ground prepared over numerous years. But that's what they now find themselves part of, and being revealed.

The question is what those who did not understand this reality do, will they break their fever and disassociate themselves from the lies and violent, fascist intent?
I do. The peeling back of the blue stripe suggests to me that police, signified by the blue stripe, in general are nazi sympathizers.

Were there some off duty police involved in the bs this week? Certainly. Should they be be held accountable? Certainly. To me the image paints all police in that manner, hence the broad brush comment.
Perhaps you can explain to me the genesis of a flag that's black and white with a blue line. Is this a symbol of the Trump cult variety or is it an image promoted by Antifa or BLM etc? I am under the impression that it's the former.

Assuming the blue line is intended to represent the police, I don't think that the peeling back of that line or any other to reveal what's underneath all of the lines necessarily means ALL police or "in general" are white supremacist fascists. Just the Trump cult adherents.

But I may be mistaken. Don't think so: https://www.themarshallproject.org/2020 ... rican-flag

Those who fly the flag have said it stands for solidarity and professional pride within a dangerous, difficult profession and a solemn tribute to fallen police officers.

That is the truth regarding the flag's origin and intention and why, IMO, the posted bastardized version is a lie. The flag is also a symbolic foil to the absurd notion of defund and/or abolish the police. Reform is in no doubt needed and I am quite sure the vast majority of cops would agree with that.

Now, Jacob is the president of Thin Blue Line USA, one of the largest online retailers devoted exclusively to sales of pro-police flags,
T-shirts, neckwear and jewelry. “The flag has no association with racism, hatred, bigotry,” he said. “It’s a flag to show support for law enforcement—no politics involved.”

I would bet thousands of black and brown (unfortunately I need to be specific here) policemen and policewomen would disagree with your hyper-sensitive and distorted interpretation of their flag.

“When I see that flag as a sticker on a car or flying in someone’s yard, I know that there is someone there that knows what I’m going through. They know because they are a part of the family,” Bishopp said. “I don’t really care if it bothers people or hurts their feelings to see that flag. I absolutely could care less. I am proud of what I do, the people I work with, and the ones who have died defending the rights of strangers. I will continue to fly that flag until my very last day.”

Well said.

And of course I never mentioned anything "Trump" regarding the flag... you on the other hand can't seem to help yourself. Your continuing compulsive need to define anything and everything as Trump-related and racist is sad. Almost feel sorry for you...
Funny...you have selected only the positive connotation excerpts...what it also says is "Those who fly the flag have said it stands for solidarity and professional pride within a dangerous, difficult profession and a solemn tribute to fallen police officers. But it has also been flown by white supremacists, appearing next to Confederate flags at the 2017 ‘Unite the Right’ rally in Charlottesville, Virginia."
Funny? To you perhaps... Obviously I chose sections of the article you posted that are accurate to the truthful origin and intention of the flag. My initial point. Why would I include sections that fall into areas of assumption/conjecture? That's your narrative not mine.

So it seems that a minority of "a-holes" have coopted/hijacked the flag? Perhaps. But instead of recognizing the minority of
a-holes for what they are (this is where accurate, honest reporting is imperative), your typical impulsive reaction is to cry, Trumpist!, racist!, Nazi!, alleging that anyone, including the well-intentioned majority of those who fly the flag, as evil. Seems pretty prejudicial to me.

And it detailed the troubled history of the phrase and concept of "thin blue line".
An easy connection to make or conclusion to draw for anyone with imagination and motive.

Again, blame the white supremacists for having adopted it as an counter to BLM, not me. Blame those in history who originated and developed the phrase and the attitude it represents towards blacks in specific, not me.
History?... history that may not apply to this day and age but can easily be contrived to support motivation/narrative?

And again, what specific blacks are you referring to? The thousands who happen to be in law enforcement and/or whose family members wish to fly the flag in support, the initial and accurate intention of the symbol?

This is not a matter of hypersensitivity, it's a matter of who has used it and why. The particular meme is a commentary of what is revealed in such usage.
So what to do MD? Do you plan to stand with the "woke mob" and ban the flag?... a ban based on a minority of a-holes who have utilized it for the false reasons, or based on a cherry-picking, deceitful media whose agenda is to further divide the country?

BTW, 2 hours ago:
2 Virginia police officers are on administrative leave after attending event at Capitol last Wednesday
Two Rocky Mount, Virginia, police officers are on administrative leave after attending an event in Washington, DC, last Wednesday, according to the Rocky Mount Police Department.

The two off-duty officers were present at an event in DC on Wednesday, a statement the department released on Sunday said.

“The Town of Rocky Mount fully supports all lawful expressions of freedom of speech and assembly by its employees but does not condone the unlawful acts that occurred that day. Based on the available information, the Police Department has notified federal authorities and the individuals that were present at the event are on administrative leave pending review.”

On Friday night, the Seattle Police Department had placed at least two officers on administrative leave while officials investigate whether they took part in Wednesday's deadly riot at the US Capitol in Washington, DC, the department's chief, Adrian Diaz, said in a statement.

Ban the flag???

I haven't even called for banning the Confederate flag or Nazi symbols. As my buddy told me years ago, "when I see the Confederate flag I'm grateful, now I know who the person is".

The Ross flag had a very important rallying purpose, at the time of its creation, and as such I revere it. HOWEVER, I'd never wave it at a political rally today because it sends a very different message TODAY (and I don't want to be associated with that insurrectionist, anti-government message)...Is what you seem to be bothered by that you actually support that message?

There were many, many Ross flags flown at the insurrection...these misguided a-holes think they're rallying "Patriots" to revolt against their government.
So are you saying that all those people at the rally-turned-insurrection, were misguided a-holes?

The thin blue line phrase and its history is exactly that, and it continues to be understood by communities of color to represent, in part, a confrontation with those communities, the racism runs deep. And, unfortunately, it does. Do you want that to continue? Or do you want the racists out?

You realize that supporting the police doesn't mean having to defend racist police and policing, right?

By "Funny" I simply meant you are sadly so...you clearly chose to ignore the full context of what you excerpted.
Yes
“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

JUST IN:
Two capitol police officers have been suspended and one arrested for their role in the attack on the capitol. One seen taking selfies and one seen wearing a MAGA hat and directing insurrectionists. Additionally, at least 10-15 officers are under investigation.

Anyone find it odd that there have been ZERO briefings from DHS, Capitol Police, FBI or DoD?

Where the EFF is the Federal Government? Is anyone in charge?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:54 pm

Well said.

BTW, 2 hours ago:

Ban the flag???

Misguided, definitely.
Deranged, many.
Traitors? Most.

a-holes? yes as to the traitors. And I said most are traitors.

Not necessarily to the just misguided, though I consider this all willful ignorance in even the least extreme cases. I'm sure many of these people don't kick their wives, beat their spouses or children, and many, like my brother-in-law would stop on the side of the road to help a stranger...but when they go near this stuff, they do become flaming a-holes in their behavior.

You're not interested in the racist part of the history of "thin blue line"?
Then why the outrage over this flag meme representation?

How about answering my question, do you want the racists out of the police?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:22 pm

If someone wears a shirt that implies 6 million Jews being slaughtered wasn't enough, I'm certain I wouldn't support a politician they would support.

Birds of a feather, etc.
This logic is indeed quite powerful.

Return to “POLITICS”