2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2020 Elections - Led to Impeachment?

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“They were extremely dangerous and they were extremely prepared. I have a hard time calling this a demonstration,” he said.
“I’m a firm supporter of First Amendment. This was none of that,” he added. “This was criminal riotous activity.”
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:05 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:03 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:26 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:18 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:12 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:22 am
Matnum PI wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:08 am CNN@CNN
16 hours ago
News outlets are publishing more videos, photos and testimonials from the pro-Trump riot on Capitol Hill. And it's becoming clear that as heinous as the attack looked in real time, on live TV and in our social feeds, it was even worse than we knew then.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/09/media/re ... %3A45%3A02
Thankfully it didn’t happen but it’s easy to see how it could’ve gone from simply what it was to 10-50 people being killed including legislators.

And thinking of the reporter who was on the ground having been thrown down: this is exactly why calling a mid 20s reporter girl “nasty” and making the idiotic, specious argument that they are public figures and deserve this is so
problematic but that our out of touch former service persons comments bigger than he thinks they are.

Otherwise we can all go around just fighting each other. Physically just fighting and taking of words have no value like this person and so many others believe.
Were Nicolle & Natasha there ? Perhaps you're confusing them with real journalists like Laura Logan.
I love Laura Logan and have for a long time. This crowd didn’t exactly behave better than the one she was assaulted in over in Egypt though. Consider that.
Lock 'em up. There will be SWAT snipers on the rooftops from now on.
Hey for all the dung we’ve smug at each other we’ve found some common ground for a rare occasion here. I’d don’t know if snipers tactically is the right approach but the sentiment I share.
Cheers !
It may be a small thing but it’s actually one of them IRR fun things to get out of these boards. Getting some of these nice more constrained older folks exposed to some light degeneracy.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:08 am
16 hours ago
News outlets are publishing more videos, photos and testimonials from the pro-Trump riot on Capitol Hill. And it's becoming clear that as heinous as the attack looked in real time, on live TV and in our social feeds, it was even worse than we knew then.
Thankfully it didn’t happen but it’s easy to see how it could’ve gone from simply what it was to 10-50 people being killed including legislators.

And thinking of the reporter who was on the ground having been thrown down: this is exactly why calling a mid 20s reporter girl “nasty” and making the idiotic, specious argument that they are public figures and deserve this is so
problematic but that our out of touch former service persons comments bigger than he thinks they are.

Otherwise we can all go around just fighting each other. Physically just fighting and taking of words have no value like this person and so many others believe.
Were Nicolle & Natasha there ? Perhaps you're confusing them with real journalists like Laura Logan.
I love Laura Logan and have for a long time. This crowd didn’t exactly behave better than the one she was assaulted in over in Egypt though. Consider that.
Hey for all the dung we’ve smug at each other we’ve found some common ground for a rare occasion here. I’d don’t know if snipers tactically is the right approach but the sentiment I share.
Cheers !
It may be a small thing but it’s actually one of them IRR fun things to get out of these boards. Getting some of these nice more constrained older folks exposed to some light degeneracy.
We've just had exposure to a more varied degeneracy for a longer period of time. There is no substitute for experience.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:22 pm Eat this, Salty:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
Eat what ? That's just granular detail of what I've been telling you. The Capitol Police turned down DoD's advance offer of NG troops, then called for them after the riot started, before they even got full support from the DC police & other nearby Fed police.

As the article makes clear, the NG are the last resort for riot control, after the better trained, better equipped police forces, who don't have to get SecDef approval & craft specific authorizations & ROE every time they are employed, because of posse comitatus. If Chief Sund wanted & expected NG riot control troops to be ready, equipped, & on stand by, he should have accepted DoD's offer of that earlier in the week.

The 345 assigned unarmed NG troop's standing orders were to backfill the DC Metro Police when they shifted to riot control. The NG are supposed to be the last in for riot control, after the Capitol Police, DC Metro Police, other Fed agency police, agents, & tactical teams, then the NG. That's the way it played out.

It was the DC Mayor & the 2 Congressional Sergeants at Arms, not the DoD (Sec Def & Army Sec) or Trump who were the obstruction.

Two days before Congress was set to formalize President-elect Joe Biden’s victory, Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund was growing increasingly worried about the size of the pro-Trump crowds expected to stream into Washington in protest.

To be on the safe side, Sund asked House and Senate security officials for permission to request that the D.C. National Guard be placed on standby in case he needed quick backup.

But, Sund said Sunday, they turned him down.

You've been trying to blame the lack of response on the Trump admin (which would be DoD) when the breakdown was in Congress (the 2 Sergeants at Arms) & the DC Mayor's hesitancy to have a heavy militaristic presence. Informally "leaning forward" does not activate the entire DC NG, recall them, equip them in riot gear & obtain the necessary authorization to deploy them as riot police. DoD tried to get Congress & the DC Mayor to adequately prepare in advance, They declined. Now they are blame shifting, trying to blame the delay on DoD. The Capitol Police Chief Sund may have been hung out to dry by his superiors (the 2 Sergeants at Arms). Maybe he should be exonerated & reinstated.

Pentagon officials have emphasized that the Capitol Police did not ask for D.C. Guard backup ahead of the event or request to put a riot contingency plan in place with guardsmen at the ready, and then made an urgent request as rioters were about to breach the building, even though the Guard isn’t set up to be a quick-reaction force like the police.

“We rely on Capitol Police and federal law enforcement to provide an assessment of the situation,” Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said during a news conference last week. “And based on that assessment that they had, they believed they had sufficient personnel and did not make a request.”

Just before 2 p.m., the pro-Trump mob entered the Capitol, sending lawmakers and staff scrambling for safety. D.C. police had quickly dispatched hundreds of officers to the scene. But it wasn’t enough. At 2:26 p.m., Sund said, he joined a conference call to the Pentagon to plead for additional backup.

{Sec Def} Miller verbally authorized the activation of the entire D.C. Guard at 3:04 p.m. It would take two more hours for most of the citizen soldiers to leave their jobs and homes, and pick up gear from the D.C. Armory. ...the first National Guard personnel didn’t arrive at the Capitol until 5:40 p.m.

So if Chief Sund's request had been immediately approved at 2:26 pm, it might have shaved 40 min off of the response time, putting the NG there at 5 pm, rather than 5:40 pm, still after the police had cleared the Capitol, still too late to have made a difference.

All the focus on the NG is a smoke screen by Congressional leadership & the DC Mayor to obscure their lack of adequate prior planning, flawed assumptions & failure to adequately employ the abundant police forces, from multiple agencies, that were readily available to them, with minimal advance planning.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:32 am
16 hours ago

Cheers !
We've just had exposure to a more varied degeneracy for a longer period of time. There is no substitute for experience.
I appreciate the spirit and optimism but I say solemly that i am skeptical in that (excepting your service for various reasons) Ii am a mogokoid cut from my maternal roots willing to try almost anything including manny high risk low reward situation and have this unhealthy high threshold plus some cat like luck where I should’ve died many times but keep moving.

I chalk it up to life price discovery.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:46 am
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:32 am
16 hours ago

Cheers !
I appreciate the spirit and optimism but I say solemly that i am skeptical in that (excepting your service for various reasons) Ii am a mogokoid cut from my maternal roots willing to try almost anything including manny high risk low reward situation and have this unhealthy high threshold plus some cat like luck where I should’ve died many times but keep moving.

I chalk it up to life price discovery.
I'd rather be lucky than good. Although in my line of work, it helped to be both.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Shame on my Gov Larry Hogan for piling on :

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/1 ... ing-457028
Hogan ordered a full mobilization of Maryland Guard forces at 3:47, and at 4:18, acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller gave the go-ahead for out-of-state units to be prepared to deploy. Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy and Hogan spoke at 4:40, and the troops were expected to arrive the next day.

Maryland National Guard troops arrived in D.C. on Thursday at 10 a.m. "These are folks that are doing something else," Hogan told Tapper by way of explanation, "and they have to pack their bags, get their uniforms, show at the armories. We were the very first ones to arrive in the city."

Stop grandstanding Larry. You couldn't get your MD NG troops there until the next day anyway.
You got there before other states NG units, Big deal. You should. You're closest.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... t-tell-you
"It takes about 12 hours for Guard units to mobilize. These are folks that are doing something else. And they have to pack their bags, get their uniforms, show at the armories. We were the very first ones to arrive in the city," Hogan responded.

Hey Stenny, get off Larry's ass & jack up your House Sergeant at Arms. He works for you.

Hey USA, look at me, I'm Larry Hogan & I'd make a great (R) candidate for President in 2024. :lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Looks like Nancy's going to rush through articles of impeachment then sit on them, at least until Biden has his first 100 days, get's his nominees confirmed, & diversifies the national covid vacc plan.

Maybe she can stretch it out until the 2022 campaign starts, just like she did last time.

More political theater.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:00 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:16 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:06 pm Charlotte Clymer 🏳️‍🌈 @cmclymer
1h
They dragged Officer Sidenick into the crowd and beat him to death. Look at the doorway and everything they're doing to get in. This is terrorism. These are terrorists.

https://twitter.com/VicStoddard/status/ ... 4471233536
“Some Blue Lives Matter”....where is the outrage?
A kissing cousin to the hypocrites that make up " Some Black Lives Matter. If you belong to a cause with noble goals nobody will look that closely about what you really stand for. SBLM is like wrapping yourself in a bullet proof vest that makes you immune from any criticism. Because your cause is sooooo noble and valiant. Nobody cares if you really don't give a flying fig about black lives. SBLM is the epitome of symbolism over substance. It is custom tailored to make a bunch of candy ass lily white liberals feel guilty. In that regard it has been a huge success. The vast majority of white FLP people have a never ending need to always feel guilty. Mission accomplished all SBLM folks. Another young black teenager was shot dead on a street in Rochester last night. Nary a single SBLM supporter had a damn thing to say about yet another young dead black teenager. Because the sad ass truth is... only some blacks lives matter to the folks who claim that black lives matter. :roll: I forgot, some of you folks have informed me that black lives matter is only about black lives taken by police officers. I get confused because in my world words actually mean what they say. Black lives matter should mean what it says... That all black lives matter. Some Black Lives Matter is the perfect name for the organization. If you folks don't have the balls to stand up for ALL black lives then tell me who the hell will?
You are right! Some Blue Lives Matter. Maybe we can make a black and white Betsy Ross flag with a blue circle around the stars. I will help fund it, if you want in on it.

Don’t take a knee in front of the flag....it’s ok to beat a cop to death with a flag on a pole.
Right up there with "pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon" Looks like both sides want dead cops? Imagine that, they may have something in common afterall. :roll: Our country is even more screwed up than i thought it was. Ole Joe sure does have his work cut out for him.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:30 am Looks like Nancy's going to rush through articles of impeachment then sit on them, at least until Biden has his first 100 days, get's his nominees confirmed, & diversifies the national covid vacc plan.

Maybe she can stretch it out until the 2022 campaign starts, just like she did last time.

More political theater.
Citation for the “then sit on them” portion of your comment, please.

I can understand why one train of thought would be to get the Biden administration agenda priority, but I agree postponement would show a lack of seriousness to the charge.

The probability of a guilty judgement is also reduced, as possible Republican senatorial support will fade; partly because of America’s penchant for having a short memory.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:52 pm
Nothing new in that article other than CNN's wishful headline. The StL Post & KC Star both endorsed 2 term incumbent McCaskill in '18. He easily unseated her. She's now the resident crab on Morning Joe. They criticized everything Hawley did even before this.

5 of 6 MO House Reps joined Hawley in objecting, in the midst of the siege of the Capitol. Hawley's not up for reelection until '24. Keep doxing him. It makes him a sympathetic figure back home. The (D)'s & their media proxies want to make sure he's not Trump's successor. He scares them for '24.
Frankly, I don't require Senators from states where they don't reside to influence (or even have an opinion on) what elected officials in my state do with regard to election process. Said process is delegated to the states by the Constitution - the document their oath requires them to support and defend.

If I wanted to live in Missouri I'd move there -- but, to tell the truth, having been there many times it is not nirvana.

IMHO both Hawley and Cruz are TOAST as future candidates. The last thing this country needs is another a-hole as big as DOPUS running things. Of course, DOPUS is not running much of ANYTHING currently except his mouth.

Then there's this genius - an active duty Army Captain based out of Fort Bragg - U.S. Army Captain Emily Rainey has resigned her commission,
after leading a group of people from N.C. to the rally in Washington that led up to the deadly riot in the U.S. Capitol. She's reportedly a psychological operations officer - too bad nobody was investigating HER.

Another development on the investigative end
https://gizmodo.com/every-deleted-parle ... 1846032466
Every Deleted Parler Post, Many With Users' Location Data, Has Been Archived
This by a researcher hoping to create a lasting public record for future researchers to sift through and very important as Parler is currently offline after AWS hooked their web access over the weekend.

Also e-commerce payments sites Stripe, PayPal, Shopify and Gofundme have all cut off processiing of DOPUS campaign fund raising and merchandising,

Lastly have to love all of the crying rioters at airports as they discover they have been added to the no-fly list as law enforcement shows up to take them to the slammer directly from the airport gate
Last edited by Kismet on Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Author Headshot
By David Leonhardt

Good morning. The biggest question isn’t impeachment. It’s disqualification from future office.

‘Honor, Trust or Profit’

If the House impeaches President Trump this week, it will still have almost no effect on how long he remains in office. His term expires nine days from now, and even the most rapid conceivable Senate trial would cover much of that time.

But the impeachment debate is still highly consequential. The Senate has the power both to remove Trump from office and to prevent him from holding office in the future. That second power will not expire when his term ends, many constitutional scholars say. A Senate trial can happen after Jan. 20.

And disqualifying Trump from holding office again could alter the future of American politics.

It’s worth pausing for a moment to reflect on how radical a figure Trump is. He rejects basic foundations of American government that other presidents, from both parties, have accepted for decades.

He has tried to reverse an election result and remain in power by persuading local officials to commit fraud. He incited a mob that attacked the Capitol — and killed a police officer — while Congress was meeting to certify the result. Afterward, Trump praised the rioters.

This behavior was consistent with Trump’s entire presidency. He has previously rejected the legitimacy of election results and encouraged his supporters to commit violence. He has tried to undermine Americans’ confidence in the F.B.I., the C.I.A., the military, Justice Department prosecutors, federal judges, the Congressional Budget Office, government scientists, government health officials and more. He has openly used the presidency to enrich his family.

In the simplest terms, Trump seems to believe a president should be able to do whatever he wants. He does not appear to believe in the system of the government that the Constitution prescribes — a democratic republic.

Yet there is a significant chance he could win the presidency again, in 2024. He remains popular with many Republican voters, and the Electoral College currently gives a big advantage to Republicans. If he is not disqualified from future office, Trump could dominate the Republican Party and shape American politics for the next four years.

If he is disqualified, it’s impossible to know what would happen, but this much is clear: A singularly popular figure who rejects the basic tenets of American democracy would no longer be eligible to lead it.

What are the basics of disqualification?

Article I, Section 3 of the Constitution says: “Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.”

The Constitution does not specify whether disqualification requires a two-thirds Senate vote, as conviction in an impeachment trial does, or only a majority vote. The Senate has previously used a majority vote.

The Senate has barred three people, all federal judges, from holding future office: West Humphreys (in 1862, for waging war against the U.S.), Robert Archbald (in 1913, for corruption) and Thomas Porteous (in 2010, for bribery and perjury).

The Senate has tried a former War Department secretary — William Belknap, in 1876 — after he resigned. Both the House and the Senate decided that Belknap could be tried after he had left office.

Disqualifying a president from future office, because of the stakes and lack of precedent, would probably come before the Supreme Court. History suggests that the court would be more likely to uphold a bipartisan congressional vote than a largely partisan one.

For more: “If an impeachment begins when an individual is in office, the process may surely continue after they resign or otherwise depart,” Michael Gerhardt of the University of North Carolina School of Law writes in the online publication Just Security.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:55 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:42 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:32 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:30 pm

A thorough investigation is needed. This may be worse than Benghazi.
This looks purposeful.
Schmidlap blamed it on the mayor.
The DC Mayor only wanted 100 unarmed NG troops to direct traffic because she didn't want a militarized presence on her streets.
She got what she asked for. It was purposeful all right. Congress & the DC Mayor got exactly what they wanted, a light military footprint.
This is why Trump insisted on an adequate military backup when the BLM mob tried to take over Lafayette Park & threaten the WH grounds.
You're right about dumb Americans. You can start with the DC Mayor & the 2 Congressional Sergeants at Arms.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-do ... 1e6ed4abe4

Jan 4. 2021. {DC Mayor} Bowser put in a request on New Year’s Eve to have Guard members on the streets from Tuesday to Thursday to help with the protests. The official said the additional forces will be used for traffic control and other assistance but they will not be armed or wearing body armor. Congress is meeting this week to certify the Electoral College results, and Trump has refused to concede while whipping up support for protests.

Some 340 D.C. National Guard members will be activated, with about 115 on duty in the streets at any given time, said the defense official, who provided details on condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. The official said Guard members will be used to set up traffic control points around the city and to stand with district police officers at all the city’s Metro stops. Contee said Guard troops will also be used for some crowd management.

“Some of our intelligence certainly suggests there will be increased crowd sizes,” said Contee.

Because D.C. does not have a governor, the designated commander of the city’s National Guard is Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy. Any D.C. requests for Guard deployments have to be approved by him.

The defense official said that there will be no active duty military troops in the city, and the U.S. military will not be providing any aircraft or intelligence. The D.C. Guard will provide specialized teams that will be prepared to respond to any chemical or biological incident. But the official said there will be no D.C. Guard members on the National Mall or at the U.S. Capitol.
Un huh.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:52 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:00 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:16 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:06 pm Charlotte Clymer 🏳️‍🌈 @cmclymer
1h
They dragged Officer Sidenick into the crowd and beat him to death. Look at the doorway and everything they're doing to get in. This is terrorism. These are terrorists.

https://twitter.com/VicStoddard/status/ ... 4471233536
“Some Blue Lives Matter”....where is the outrage?
A kissing cousin to the hypocrites that make up " Some Black Lives Matter. If you belong to a cause with noble goals nobody will look that closely about what you really stand for. SBLM is like wrapping yourself in a bullet proof vest that makes you immune from any criticism. Because your cause is sooooo noble and valiant. Nobody cares if you really don't give a flying fig about black lives. SBLM is the epitome of symbolism over substance. It is custom tailored to make a bunch of candy ass lily white liberals feel guilty. In that regard it has been a huge success. The vast majority of white FLP people have a never ending need to always feel guilty. Mission accomplished all SBLM folks. Another young black teenager was shot dead on a street in Rochester last night. Nary a single SBLM supporter had a damn thing to say about yet another young dead black teenager. Because the sad ass truth is... only some blacks lives matter to the folks who claim that black lives matter. :roll: I forgot, some of you folks have informed me that black lives matter is only about black lives taken by police officers. I get confused because in my world words actually mean what they say. Black lives matter should mean what it says... That all black lives matter. Some Black Lives Matter is the perfect name for the organization. If you folks don't have the balls to stand up for ALL black lives then tell me who the hell will?
You are right! Some Blue Lives Matter. Maybe we can make a black and white Betsy Ross flag with a blue circle around the stars. I will help fund it, if you want in on it.

Don’t take a knee in front of the flag....it’s ok to beat a cop to death with a flag on a pole.
Right up there with "pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon" Looks like both sides want dead cops? Imagine that, they may have something in common afterall. :roll: Our country is even more screwed up than i thought it was. Ole Joe sure does have his work cut out for him.
Nah....Some Blue Lives Matter....Stop The Steal!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:33 am
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:55 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:42 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:32 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:30 pm

A thorough investigation is needed. This may be worse than Benghazi.
This looks purposeful.
Schmidlap blamed it on the mayor.
The DC Mayor only wanted 100 unarmed NG troops to direct traffic because she didn't want a militarized presence on her streets.
She got what she asked for. It was purposeful all right. Congress & the DC Mayor got exactly what they wanted, a light military footprint.
This is why Trump insisted on an adequate military backup when the BLM mob tried to take over Lafayette Park & threaten the WH grounds.
You're right about dumb Americans. You can start with the DC Mayor & the 2 Congressional Sergeants at Arms.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-do ... 1e6ed4abe4

Jan 4. 2021. {DC Mayor} Bowser put in a request on New Year’s Eve to have Guard members on the streets from Tuesday to Thursday to help with the protests. The official said the additional forces will be used for traffic control and other assistance but they will not be armed or wearing body armor. Congress is meeting this week to certify the Electoral College results, and Trump has refused to concede while whipping up support for protests.

Some 340 D.C. National Guard members will be activated, with about 115 on duty in the streets at any given time, said the defense official, who provided details on condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. The official said Guard members will be used to set up traffic control points around the city and to stand with district police officers at all the city’s Metro stops. Contee said Guard troops will also be used for some crowd management.

“Some of our intelligence certainly suggests there will be increased crowd sizes,” said Contee.

Because D.C. does not have a governor, the designated commander of the city’s National Guard is Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy. Any D.C. requests for Guard deployments have to be approved by him.

The defense official said that there will be no active duty military troops in the city, and the U.S. military will not be providing any aircraft or intelligence. The D.C. Guard will provide specialized teams that will be prepared to respond to any chemical or biological incident. But the official said there will be no D.C. Guard members on the National Mall or at the U.S. Capitol.
Un huh.
Salty ignores the Pentagon's fiddling and fiddling and fiddling. Yes, Sund's bosses at the Capitol Police blew it upfront.

No, the Mayor and DC police had the right approach to how to handle the streets. And, the DC police were poised and moved swiftly to reinforce when called. The Mayor and DC police are NOT responsible for protection of federal buildings, including the Mall and Capitol.

The DC Guard were asked to 'lean forward'...loos like they didn't, but more importantly looks like they dawdled and dawdled when the pleas for help went out.

But Salty's a LOST CAUSE.

And now, like all these others who turn on GOP leaders who tell the truth, is now turning on Hogan.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:30 am Looks like Nancy's going to rush through articles of impeachment then sit on them, at least until Biden has his first 100 days, get's his nominees confirmed, & diversifies the national covid vacc plan.

More political theater.
Trump is the actor here.
ggait

Post by ggait »

More political theater.
Pretty depressing that so many of the bitter end, lost causers who ate and continue to believe The Big Lie are (like Salty) veterans. The duty/honor/country types are a core demo of domestic terrorists.

I guess we learned this 25 years ago from Tim McVeigh, but we keep forgetting what some of the most dangerous people look like -- white guys with flags and a completely effed up view of what America and patriotism are all about. AG Garland must be having deja vu.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:02 am

More political theater.
Pretty depressing that so many of the bitter end, lost causers who ate and continue to believe The Big Lie are (like Salty) veterans. The duty/honor/country types are a core demo of domestic terrorists.

I guess we learned this 25 years ago from Tim McVeigh, but we keep forgetting what some of the most dangerous people look like -- white guys with flags and a completely effed up view of what America and patriotism are all about. AG Garland must be having deja vu.
He believes White Nationalists should have a home in the US Military. We shouldn’t root them out.

Return to “POLITICS”