2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: 2020 Elections - Led to Impeachment?

Post by old salt »

Thanks for the brief bill. It's helpful & convincing. I won't re-quote it & stretch the page.

If it plays out that way, it will be Elba before (maybe) St Helena, will dominate Biden's Presidency & further divide the country.

Is that what Joe really wants, or is he just along for the ride ?
njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:22 pm Yep. Impeachment will light the fuze, only be symbolic in the end, disrupt the country for months, & make Trump a hero-martyr to his followers.

Mitch & Lindsey have to convince him they'll have 17 votes to convict unless he resigns & agrees to never serve again, in exchange for a pardon.

Andy McC was right. It's all about the math.
It may end up being largely symbolic, but it is essential that the Congress create the precedent that a president who advocates and incites the violent overthrow of our government will be impeached.

It won't disrupt the country for months. Chuck will allow a couple of days of argument (who could stand having to watch Rudy for longer than that?), then it will go to a vote. And just as happened last year, impeachment will be quickly forgotten.
njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:41 pm Thanks for the brief bill. It's helpful & convincing. I won't re-quote it & stretch the page.

If it plays out that way, it will be Elba before (maybe) St Helena, will dominate Biden's Presidency & further divide the country.

Is that what Joe really wants, or is he just along for the ride ?
It remains to be seen the extent to which T**** post presidency will dominate the news or further divide the country (is that possible?). I'm out of the business of making T**** predictions. (I thought he would drop out in 2016 before the deadline for filing financial disclosures. :oops: )
old salt

Post by old salt »

Matnum PI wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:27 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:24 pm Yep. He made Twitter what it is.
Really?! No. That is laughable...
Twitter's share price tripled during his term. Who had more followers ?

That's why Google & Apple are trying to strangle Parler in the crib. Selective censorship is not the answer.
Last edited by old salt on Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Any GOP leader can easily tweet a call for trump to resign today and pledge never to seek office today. Very simple and very country over party.

Would take five minutes. Would be nice to do that first before talking about unity and moving on.

Ain’t about trump at this point. It is about you and your party.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Some significant developments today

Video circulating of crowd beating a CP officer and dragging him down the exterior steps (very ugly). There are reports that this is the officer who was killed but no confirmation of this as yet. How ironic that some of the items used as weapons were American Flags on poles.

Also reports today that major corporations including Citibank, Marriott, Anthem Blue Cross, Commerce Bancshares will be suspending PAC donation to Republican lawmakers who voted objections to the vote certification. There is a longer list of companies seriously contemplating same action including Boston Scientific, Bank of America, AT&T, Bayer and Ford Motor.

Kudos to Capitol Officer Eugene Goodman who stopped a mob of white rioters from entering the chambers of the United States Senate by retreating up two flights of stairs and away from the Senate entrance. The stupid rioters bought his ruse hook, line and sinker and followed him away from the Senate entrance. Check out the video of him saving lives of legislators
Last edited by Kismet on Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:01 pm Some significant developments today

Video circulating of crowd beating a CP officer and dragging him down the exterior steps (very ugly). There are reports that this is the officer who was killed but no confirmation of this as yet. How ironic that some of the items used as weapons were American Flags on poles.

Also reports today that major corporations including Citibank, Marriott, Anthem Blue Cross, Commerce Bancshares will be suspending PAC donation to Republican lawmakers who voted objections to the vote certification. There is a longer list of companies seriously contemplating same action including Boston Scientific, Bank of America, AT&T, Bayer and Ford Motor.
Those folks just want voting irregularities looked at.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:00 pm Any GOP leader can easily tweet a call for trump to resign today and pledge never to seek office today. Very simple and very country over party.

Would take five minutes. Would be nice to do that first before talking about unity and moving on.

Charlie don't tweet.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:15 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:00 pm Any GOP leader can easily tweet a call for trump to resign today and pledge never to seek office today. Very simple and very country over party.

Charlie don't tweet.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/09/politics ... index.html

1st Amendment!
“I wish you would!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:54 pmTwitter's share price tripled during his term. Who had more followers ?
Trump is one tweeter of a *lot*. Trump helps all media. But to think he's driving these businesses is simply untrue.
Last edited by Matnum PI on Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:12 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:22 am
Matnum PI wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:08 am CNN@CNN
16 hours ago
News outlets are publishing more videos, photos and testimonials from the pro-Trump riot on Capitol Hill. And it's becoming clear that as heinous as the attack looked in real time, on live TV and in our social feeds, it was even worse than we knew then.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/09/media/re ... %3A45%3A02
Thankfully it didn’t happen but it’s easy to see how it could’ve gone from simply what it was to 10-50 people being killed including legislators.

And thinking of the reporter who was on the ground having been thrown down: this is exactly why calling a mid 20s reporter girl “nasty” and making the idiotic, specious argument that they are public figures and deserve this is so
problematic but that our out of touch former service persons comments bigger than he thinks they are.

Otherwise we can all go around just fighting each other. Physically just fighting and taking of words have no value like this person and so many others believe.
Were Nicolle & Natasha there ? Perhaps you're confusing them with real journalists like Laura Logan.
I love Laura Logan and have for a long time. This crowd didn’t exactly behave better than the one she was assaulted in over in Egypt though. Consider that.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:18 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:12 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:22 am
Matnum PI wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:08 am CNN@CNN
16 hours ago
News outlets are publishing more videos, photos and testimonials from the pro-Trump riot on Capitol Hill. And it's becoming clear that as heinous as the attack looked in real time, on live TV and in our social feeds, it was even worse than we knew then.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/09/media/re ... %3A45%3A02
Thankfully it didn’t happen but it’s easy to see how it could’ve gone from simply what it was to 10-50 people being killed including legislators.

And thinking of the reporter who was on the ground having been thrown down: this is exactly why calling a mid 20s reporter girl “nasty” and making the idiotic, specious argument that they are public figures and deserve this is so
problematic but that our out of touch former service persons comments bigger than he thinks they are.

Otherwise we can all go around just fighting each other. Physically just fighting and taking of words have no value like this person and so many others believe.
Were Nicolle & Natasha there ? Perhaps you're confusing them with real journalists like Laura Logan.
I love Laura Logan and have for a long time. This crowd didn’t exactly behave better than the one she was assaulted in over in Egypt though. Consider that.
Lock 'em up. There will be SWAT snipers on the rooftops from now on.
calourie

Post by calourie »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:16 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:15 pm

Charlie don't tweet.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/09/politics ... index.html

1st Amendment!
Removal from twitter is the new punishment for actual treason and sedition. Good work Republicans (you can still right this outrageous stupidity but the clock is ticking, or do people like Senator Collins think this time Trump has learned his lesson even more profoundly? )
ggait

Post by ggait »

Seems like small stuff given the current shirt tornado, but the WH forced that US Atty in Georgia to resign because Trump was displeased with his efforts to overturn the GA election.

There's like a Saturday Night Massacre every day these days. And it doesn't even register.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:45 pm Seems like small stuff given the current shirt tornado, but the WH forced that US Atty in Georgia to resign because Trump was displeased with his efforts to overturn the GA election.

There's like a Saturday Night Massacre every day these days. And it doesn't even register.
“At least Trump fights for something”
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Charlotte Clymer 🏳️‍🌈 @cmclymer
1h
They dragged Officer Sidenick into the crowd and beat him to death. Look at the doorway and everything they're doing to get in. This is terrorism. These are terrorists.

https://twitter.com/VicStoddard/status/ ... 4471233536
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

PGA will be cancelling all tournaments and instituting a lifetime ban of ever holding events at Trump Courses including stripping Trump of hosting the 2022 PGA Championship, insider says. A sport governing body doing more than Congress.
Caddy Day
calourie

Post by calourie »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:22 pm
calourie wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:38 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:43 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:33 pm
calourie wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:13 pm Unless enough Republicans can muster the cajones to carry through on impeachment the Trump crowd will continue to crow that he is still their president and should be the one sitting in the oval office after Jan. 20 and not Biden which would essentially render this country ungovernable. Time to step up Repubs and honor your oath of office.
On January 20th at noon, Trump will no longer be POTUS. Soon after, he will be a media personality with little to no media. Twitter and Facebook have done us an enormous favor. Soon, very Soon, Trump will be speaking to a small choir.
+1 I have saying the same thing for awhile. Dump will soon be the last person in the NFL draft.. Mr Irrelevant.
Calls for a million people pro Trump rally in Washington on inauguration day and what transpires therefrom is likely to be a precursor as to what we can expect going forward. Unlikely to cast America in a particularly positive light, but I suppose we will just have to wait and see.
Yep. Impeachment will light the fuze, only be symbolic in the end, disrupt the country for months, & make Trump a hero-martyr to his followers.

Mitch & Lindsey have to convince him they'll have 17 votes to convict unless he resigns & agrees to never serve again, in exchange for a pardon.

Andy McC was right. It's all about the math.
What good does an agreement from Trump to never serve again do. The man lies as easily as most people breathe. He will remain a hero-martyr to his followers no matter what the outcome, so making a point of publically politically punishing him looks to me like the best of a number of unpleasant options. It is time for the country to exhibit strength in defense of virtue as opposed to the strength in defense of dishonest, self serving ambition that Trump has been promoting.

Return to “POLITICS”