2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: 2020 Elections - Led to Impeachment?

Post by CU88 »

Matnum PI wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:13 pm
CU88 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:08 pm If you have a spare 2 minutes and 18 seconds...

https://twitter.com/ChattJazz/status/13 ... 0517532683
Pretty good, pretty clear...
Found the whole video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRuZgRGgtDg
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

6x6 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:43 am I might feel sorry for some people who voted for Trump, buying into his BS in 2016. However, if after 4 years they still showed up and were part of this, they deserve no sympathy.
100%. The election is over. The country is a mess. There are too many, to be kind, "mess-ups" to count and... The election is over. And there are people still standing by him?! It's well past midnight of December 31st for the doomsday cult and the doomsday promises did not come to fruition. The cult followers on January 1st, January 10th for that matter, look very different than they did in December.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

calourie wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:13 pm Unless enough Republicans can muster the cajones to carry through on impeachment the Trump crowd will continue to crow that he is still their president and should be the one sitting in the oval office after Jan. 20 and not Biden which would essentially render this country ungovernable. Time to step up Repubs and honor your oath of office.
On January 20th at noon, Trump will no longer be POTUS. Soon after, he will be a media personality with little to no media. Twitter and Facebook have done us an enormous favor. Soon, very Soon, Trump will be speaking to a small choir.
Caddy Day
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Matnum PI wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:33 pm
calourie wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:13 pm Unless enough Republicans can muster the cajones to carry through on impeachment the Trump crowd will continue to crow that he is still their president and should be the one sitting in the oval office after Jan. 20 and not Biden which would essentially render this country ungovernable. Time to step up Repubs and honor your oath of office.
On January 20th at noon, Trump will no longer be POTUS. Soon after, he will be a media personality with little to no media. Twitter and Facebook have done us an enormous favor. Soon, very Soon, Trump will be speaking to a small choir.
+1 I have saying the same thing for awhile. Dump will soon be the last person in the NFL draft.. Mr Irrelevant.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:38 am

Although you might quibble with the source it is worth your time to listen to Arnold's message - He has some first-hand experience both in terms of swordmaking and also growing up in post-war Austria.
Thanks for sharing. loved it.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

“He told Kelly Loeffler before he landed in Georgia for a final rally on Monday that if she didn’t back the Electoral College challenges, he would ‘do a number on her’ from the stage, according to a source familiar with the events.
Caddy Day
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

No question it was as big a screw up as Benghazi
In what world?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
calourie

Post by calourie »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:43 pm
+1 I have saying the same thing for awhile. Dump will soon be the last person in the NFL draft.. Mr Irrelevant.
Calls for a million people pro Trump rally in Washington on inauguration day and what transpires therefrom is likely to be a precursor as to what we can expect going forward. Unlikely to cast America in a particularly positive light, but I suppose we will just have to wait and see.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Matnum PI wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:33 pm On January 20th at noon, Trump will no longer be POTUS. Soon after, he will be a media personality with little to no media. Twitter and Facebook have done us an enormous favor. Soon, very Soon, Trump will be speaking to a small choir.
Boy, do I disagree with this. Triply so if Trump gets indicted anywhere, for anything. He is not going to go quietly. And neither is TinFoilHate Nation.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:22 am
Matnum PI wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:08 am CNN@CNN
16 hours ago
News outlets are publishing more videos, photos and testimonials from the pro-Trump riot on Capitol Hill. And it's becoming clear that as heinous as the attack looked in real time, on live TV and in our social feeds, it was even worse than we knew then.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/09/media/re ... %3A45%3A02
Thankfully it didn’t happen but it’s easy to see how it could’ve gone from simply what it was to 10-50 people being killed including legislators.

And thinking of the reporter who was on the ground having been thrown down: this is exactly why calling a mid 20s reporter girl “nasty” and making the idiotic, specious argument that they are public figures and deserve this is so
problematic but that our out of touch former service persons comments bigger than he thinks they are.

Otherwise we can all go around just fighting each other. Physically just fighting and taking of words have no value like this person and so many others believe.
Were Nicolle & Natasha there ? Perhaps you're confusing them with real journalists like Laura Logan.
old salt

Post by old salt »

calourie wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:38 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:43 pm
Calls for a million people pro Trump rally in Washington on inauguration day and what transpires therefrom is likely to be a precursor as to what we can expect going forward. Unlikely to cast America in a particularly positive light, but I suppose we will just have to wait and see.
Yep. Impeachment will light the fuze, only be symbolic in the end, disrupt the country for months, & make Trump a hero-martyr to his followers.

Mitch & Lindsey have to convince him they'll have 17 votes to convict unless he resigns & agrees to never serve again, in exchange for a pardon.

Andy McC was right. It's all about the math.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Was Mike Flynn there? I'll bet he was.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:11 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:33 pm On January 20th at noon, Trump will no longer be POTUS. Soon after, he will be a media personality with little to no media. Twitter and Facebook have done us an enormous favor. Soon, very Soon, Trump will be speaking to a small choir.
Boy, do I disagree with this. Triply so if Trump gets indicted anywhere, for anything. He is not going to go quietly. And neither is TinFoilHate Nation.
Yep. He made Twitter what it is. He'll do the same with his next platform.
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:22 pm Was Mike Flynn there? I'll bet he was.
He was in the Command Center directing the guys with radios.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

a fan wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:11 pm He is not going to go quietly. And neither is TinFoilHate Nation.
Without a microphone nor without POTUS power, he will be a *much* smaller entity than he is right now.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:24 pm Yep. He made Twitter what it is.
Really?! No. That is laughable...
Caddy Day
njbill

Post by njbill »

As to Andy McCarthy’s idea of a deal to get T**** out of office, I would think T****, Pence, Pelosi, and Biden would need to agree. Maybe Schumer. Possibly Garland. I think the biggest hold up would be T****. Second Pence. At least from the portion of the article excerpted, McCarthy doesn’t say how broad the pardon would be. Just the insurrection or all crimes T**** may have committed (election interference, tax fraud, OOJ, bank fraud)? Obviously T**** would want the pardon to cover everything. Would he agree if it were limited? I’m skeptical. T**** is likely thinking he isn’t going to be indicted by the feds on anything. Plus he thinks he can pardon himself. So he’ll think “what’s in it for me?” Also even if T**** agreed to the “no 2024” term (doubtful as it cuts off a source of funding), how would that be enforced? Who is the plaintiff? Some court is going to enjoin T**** from running for office based on some “contract”? I have my doubts. Lastly, T**** resigning (quitting) doesn’t seem to be in his DNA.

And then there is Mr. Mother. After the way T**** has treated him of late, I’m thinking he wouldn’t be so hot on the idea even with resignation being part of the deal. Most importantly, if Pence has any notions of a political future (seems doubtful to me), pardoning T**** would drive a stake through the heart of that idea. And it would harm Pence’s legacy. Who wants to go down in history as the guy who pardoned T****? (And it would really screw up Joe’s merch sales. All the 46th POTUS stuff would need to be dumped.)

While McCarthy certainly did great work for the country in prosecuting terrorists, I don’t think those prosecutions are particularly relevant to a prosecution of T****. Yes, some aspects of the crimes have similarities, but there are very fundamental differences. McCarthy had exceedingly unsympathetic defendants. If he was able to get his evidence admitted at trial (there were some serious hurdles there) and if he could survive the defendants’ motions practice (he did), and if he could get to the jury, he was going to win. (I’m not in any way diminishing the difficulty of those prosecutions. But convincing the jury was comparatively easy.)

T**** is a different cat. As much as he is detested by many people in the country, he is idolized by others. I think a successful prosecution of T**** would come down to jury selection. The prosecutors would have a huge advantage with a DC jury, but since federal jury verdicts must be unanimous, all it takes is one holdout. And you won’t know if you have a holdout until after the jury returns its verdict or announces it is hung.

I think there would be heavy pre-trial motions practice from T****, arguing First Amendment blah blah blah, but I suspect Judge Sullivan (or one of his fellow jurists) would by and large reject those arguments and would let the case go to the jury.

And, of course, there would be great risk to T**** for such a trial. It would seem to be contrary to everything we know about him to think he might cut a deal, but if faced with serious jail time, I wouldn’t be surprised if he did.

A lot of federal prosecutors are very conservative in terms of the indictments they seek. They only want to bring sure winners. A T**** prosecution would not be a sure winner, but it would be a strong case (with possible juror holdout being the biggest potential weakness). But I don’t think you should avoid indicting T**** simply because some juror might ignore the evidence. While T**** no doubt would want to buy or otherwise unduly influence a juror, just like the mob in days of old, hopefully he would be talked out of that.

As I have previously written, it is essential to our democracy that people who try to violently overthrow the government be prosecuted. Yes, it will enrage his supporters some of whom may engage in acts of violence (hopefully not), but just like Congress returned on the night of the revolt to finish their job, we as a country can’t let the criminals dictate or veto the righteous prosecution of T****. Then the terrorists win. Similarly, would it be a sideshow for a period of time? Sure, but probably only sporadically with the key high points of interest being the indictment and the trial.
njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:25 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:22 pm Was Mike Flynn there? I'll bet he was.
He was in the Command Center directing the guys with radios.
Which guys? Which side?
old salt

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by old salt »

DMac wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:15 am
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:32 am
DMac wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:26 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:05 pm
The fact that she got out after 14 years might be a tell. At 15 years, if promoted, she should have qualified for a reduced pension, & at 20 years for a 50% of base pay pension. Maybe she failed to promote or was asked to leave for other reasons.
Yup, 14 and out is a very odd move, doesn't make much sense.
I've seen reports of her total time in service varying from 11 to 14 years. The first 4 on active duty, then 2 yrs AF reserve, then her last 6 yrs in the DC ANG when she lived in SoMd then Annapolis & worked at Calvert Cliffs nuc plant until 2018 or '19. She then appeared to go (further) off the rails, hooked up with a married guy (now her husband) in SoMd, where she had an alleged road rage ramming incident with his ex. They moved to SD & bought a pool cleaning company. She left an interesting trail on social media (lots of hottie selfies) & in legal filings. In all that service time, she only advanced to Senior Airman (0-4). She served as a USAF security guard with some law enforcement training. Described by a fellow airman friend as a "boisterous firecracker". I bet her deployments were interesting. You could see this coming.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/b ... story.html
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ds-ex.html
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... pitol.html
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... sheet.html
Figured that "high level" security was BS (pretty sure you mean E4).
Guess the patriot got what she wanted, died a real hero (or phukin
idiot, depending on how you look at it).
Good catch DMac = E4. I bet she was busted to that at NJP.

We're checking our well pet clinic records to see if she, either of her husbands, or his ex were customers.
Surprised we didn't hear about the road rage incident.

Return to “POLITICS”