CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:59 am
Kismet wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:51 am Methinks the sailor should consider stowing his shovel.....before he awakens in Beijing on the other side of the planet......

To say nothing of how he managed to miss the entire message of Dickens' A Christmas Carol.
We're not discussing the message of A Christmas Carol. Were exploring Scrooge's religion. What occurred to you when you first read it ? This is a survey.
Because when we read books it’s paramount to know what religion and culture the characters are.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:27 pm
Kismet wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:51 am Methinks the sailor should consider stowing his shovel.....before he awakens in Beijing on the other side of the planet......

To say nothing of how he managed to miss the entire message of Dickens' A Christmas Carol.
We're not discussing the message of A Christmas Carol. Were exploring Scrooge's religion. What occurred to you when you first read it ? This is a survey.
Because when we read books it’s paramount to know what religion and culture the characters are.
That wasn't taught in 8th grade English class.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:31 pm

When did you learn about this?
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:44 am
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:15 pm Image
This is a despicable image and a lie, posted by the board moderator no less. It's the second provocative post you've decided to make, the first being, publically wishing death on the POTUS sickened with Covid (I don't care who in this case was POTUS, it was way out of bounds).

And at one point in a post you had the balls to tell me I lacked empathy... unbelievable.

You should decide if you want to be the board moderator or board provocateur, trying to be both IMO, is a major conflict of interest.
Donny you are out of your element.

Faux indignation is a joke
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:25 am
Bart wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:21 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:51 am
Bart wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:33 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:22 am
Bart wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:57 am
wow. I hope you don't get paint on yourself with that extremely broad brush.
Really? You think that image goes too far as a metaphor for what we saw this week, what we can see online, and what (hopefully) most of us don't bother to see on the dark web?

This faux outrage from tech is downright laughable.

What's been revealed this week is an ugly truth, the Trump cult is in large part undergirded by a white supremacist, fascist ideology, complete with the most radical such adherents.

The black and white flag is a representation of that dark truth, the peeling back the revealing of what's really underneath, hidden purposely to those who it has seduced.

To be clear, there are Trump cultists who do not understand this reality, they've been seduced into it with all sorts of blatant lies, with the ground prepared over numerous years. But that's what they now find themselves part of, and being revealed.

The question is what those who did not understand this reality do, will they break their fever and disassociate themselves from the lies and violent, fascist intent?
I do. The peeling back of the blue stripe suggests to me that police, signified by the blue stripe, in general are nazi sympathizers.

Were there some off duty police involved in the bs this week? Certainly. Should they be be held accountable? Certainly. To me the image paints all police in that manner, hence the broad brush comment.
Perhaps you can explain to me the genesis of a flag that's black and white with a blue line. Is this a symbol of the Trump cult variety or is it an image promoted by Antifa or BLM etc? I am under the impression that it's the former.

Assuming the blue line is intended to represent the police, I don't think that the peeling back of that line or any other to reveal what's underneath all of the lines necessarily means ALL police or "in general" are white supremacist fascists. Just the Trump cult adherents.

But I may be mistaken. Don't think so: https://www.themarshallproject.org/2020 ... rican-flag
I read your article. Thanks. I think there is truth that to an extent the flag has been coopted by some sycophants on the extremity.

I do not see it in those around me who chose to fly the flag including friends and acquaintances who are in law enforcement as anti trump as you can be.
Co-opted is the word I was searching for. I thought the editorial cartoonist was suggesting “some” people are hiding behind that flag. Not everyone. Same with the confederate flag but that’s a little different. A noose and confederate flags at the same event is never a good sign.
Unless it’s a speed dating event at a family reunion in certain parts of the country!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:04 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:27 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:08 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:26 am
Bart wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:21 am
Really? You think that image goes too far as a metaphor for what we saw this week, what we can see online, and what (hopefully) most of us don't bother to see on the dark web?

What's been revealed this week is an ugly truth, the Trump cult is in large part undergirded by a white supremacist, fascist ideology, complete with the most radical such adherents.

The black and white flag is a representation of that dark truth, the peeling back the revealing of what's really underneath, hidden purposely to those who it has seduced.

To be clear, there are Trump cultists who do not understand this reality, they've been seduced into it with all sorts of blatant lies, with the ground prepared over numerous years. But that's what they now find themselves part of, and being revealed.

The question is what those who did not understand this reality do, will they break their fever and disassociate themselves from the lies and violent, fascist intent?
I do. The peeling back of the blue stripe suggests to me that police, signified by the blue stripe, in general are nazi sympathizers.

Were there some off duty police involved in the bs this week? Certainly. Should they be be held accountable? Certainly. To me the image paints all police in that manner, hence the broad brush comment.
Perhaps you can explain to me the genesis of a flag that's black and white with a blue line. Is this a symbol of the Trump cult variety or is it an image promoted by Antifa or BLM etc? I am under the impression that it's the former.

Assuming the blue line is intended to represent the police, I don't think that the peeling back of that line or any other to reveal what's underneath all of the lines necessarily means ALL police or "in general" are white supremacist fascists. Just the Trump cult adherents.

But I may be mistaken. Don't think so: https://www.themarshallproject.org/2020 ... rican-flag
I read your article. Thanks. I think there is truth that to an extent the flag has been coopted by some sycophants on the extremity.

I do not see it in those around me who chose to fly the flag including friends and acquaintances who are in law enforcement as anti trump as you can be.
Understood and appreciated. It's entirely possible that they don't realize the flag's history and its usage by the Trump cult and racists. They may also not be aware of the history of the phrase "Thin Blue Line" and its usage by racists. I wasn't, I found that eye-opening as well...I'm quite sure most police don't think of it that way, certainly not explicitly...but some do...they need to go.
Some folks also claim the Betsy Ross 13 star revolutionary war flag is also a new symbol of the white supremacists. I have the flag in my basement. I bought it right after 9/11. Does owning it make me a member of the WS folks because some FLP folks chose to interpret the flag to what they want it to mean? The same it true for the " don't tread on me flag" who decides what the symbolism is here? I'm asking for a friend.
This has already been answered more than once. Nope, owning that flag is a non-issue. You had no ill intent behind it.

Waving it around at an insurrectionist rally, a Neo-Nazi march...ok, you'd be demonstrating intent. But yeah, displaying it in your basement...unfortunately it'd be understood to be intentional at this point. I'd fold it up and put it away, replace with regular flag.
The Betsy Ross flag is still first and foremost an American flag. What group of people empowers themselves to declare that when displayed in a context they disagree with it symbolises something other than what it is? :roll: I only put it out front on the 4th of July. That flag symbolizes our freedom.
Well a bunch of mouth breathers and culturally recidivist people decided that they could take over the Republican Party and folks like myself, George Will, MDL and Mott Romney weren’t part of a party they suddenly found themselves aligned with in the last decade...
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Interesting article on the organization and supervision of the USCP. Does not reflect well on anyone, IMO. including Congress itself.
Lawmakers want accountability from Capitol Police. But for years, they also rebuffed transparency efforts
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/ ... cy-efforts
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Apparently malignant bad faith is in discourse with other though.

Raging against the tide with no life preserver...
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:44 am This is a despicable image and a lie, posted by the board moderator no less... You should decide if you want to be the board moderator or board provocateur, trying to be both IMO, is a major conflict of interest.
I'm not the Board Moderator. I'm a Board Post-er. If you don't like it, report it to Admin. I don't necessarily agree with the image but I do find it interesting. Blue Lives Matter right on the heals of Black Lives Matter always struck me as odd and... I think this image is interesting. Again, don't like it, report it.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Bart wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:57 am wow. I hope you don't get paint on yourself with that extremely broad brush.
For sure true...
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:22 am Really? You think that image goes too far... What's been revealed this week is an ugly truth, the Trump cult is in large part undergirded by a white supremacist, fascist ideology, complete with the most radical such adherents...
Also for sure true. I knew a guy who happened to be a Jew who was a member of the skinheads. He talked about their rallies and bands that were "politically incorrect" and etc. and, when confronted with the blatant antisemitism within the movement, he'd laugh and say, C'mon! There not serious!
It's a strange thing...
Last edited by Matnum PI on Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:34 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:22 am Really? You think that image goes too far... What's been revealed this week is an ugly truth, the Trump cult is in large part undergirded by a white supremacist, fascist ideology, complete with the most radical such adherents...
Also for sure true. I knew a guy who happened to be a Jew who was a member of the skinheads. He talked about their rallies and bands that were "politically incorrect" and etc. and, when confronted with the blatant antisemitism within the movement, he'd laugh and say, C'mon! There not serious! It's a strange thing...
Yep.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:32 pm

From you.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

"Cults and Extreme Beliefs" on Amazon Prime is relevant to and informative about what's going on with the Trump Movement (though it never speaks explicitly to it). I thought.
Caddy Day
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:26 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:08 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:08 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:26 am It's entirely possible that they don't realize the flag's history and its usage by the Trump cult and racists. They may also not be aware of the history of the phrase "Thin Blue Line" and its usage by racists. I wasn't, I found that eye-opening as well...I'm quite sure most police don't think of it that way, certainly not explicitly...but some do...they need to go.
Some folks also claim the Betsy Ross 13 star revolutionary war flag is also a new symbol of the white supremacists. I have the flag in my basement. I bought it right after 9/11. Does owning it make me a member of the WS folks because some FLP folks chose to interpret the flag to what they want it to mean? The same it true for the " don't tread on me flag" who decides what the symbolism is here? I'm asking for a friend.
Everything has a racist origin if you're creative enough.
Cradle, admit it you are a racist, trumpist....you should have never admitted you had such a flag.

MD admitting he needs to stop 'judging others', is like fonzi trying to say he is sorry...it ain't gonna happen. His responses to our back and forth this morning, prove one thing, he is a fighter, will not show weakness, and will pivot ever so slightly to......much like a great goalie. I like that about him, it is his tell, almost like quick head nod after a great shot got by him. ;)
sheesh, I said the exact opposite about cradle and also said quite the opposite of judging a hypothetical, or a person, based on the specifics of the facts or the actual facts. I AM willing to change a judgment when presented new facts or logic I haven't considered.

But you were specific as to cradle and I don't think he has any intent in going to a Trump rally with that flag.

I like your goalie analogy though! :D ;)
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:57 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:32 pm

From you.
:lol: :lol:

Keep fighting the culture war good buddy!
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

From the article you linked:

Those who fly the flag have said it stands for solidarity and professional pride within a dangerous, difficult profession and a solemn tribute to fallen police officers.

That is the truth regarding the flag's origin and intention and why, IMO, the posted bastardized version is a lie. The flag is also a symbolic foil to the absurd notion of defund and/or abolish the police. Reform is in no doubt needed and I am quite sure the vast majority of cops would agree with that.

In the originator's own words:

Now, Jacob is the president of Thin Blue Line USA, one of the largest online retailers devoted exclusively to sales of pro-police flags,
T-shirts, neckwear and jewelry. “The flag has no association with racism, hatred, bigotry,” he said. “It’s a flag to show support for law enforcement—no politics involved.”

I would bet thousands of black and brown (unfortunately I need to be specific here) policemen and policewomen would disagree with your hyper-sensitive and distorted interpretation of their flag.

“When I see that flag as a sticker on a car or flying in someone’s yard, I know that there is someone there that knows what I’m going through. They know because they are a part of the family,” Bishopp said. “I don’t really care if it bothers people or hurts their feelings to see that flag. I absolutely could care less. I am proud of what I do, the people I work with, and the ones who have died defending the rights of strangers. I will continue to fly that flag until my very last day.”

Well said.

And of course I never mentioned anything "Trump" regarding the flag... you on the other hand can't seem to help yourself. Your continuing compulsive need to define anything and everything as Trump-related and racist is sad. Almost feel sorry for you...
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:22 am What's been revealed this week is an ugly truth, the Trump cult is in large part undergirded by a white supremacist, fascist ideology, complete with the most radical such adherents.

Beware of those subliminal Nazi messages. They're all around us.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:22 am Image
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:22 am What's been revealed this week is an ugly truth, the Trump cult is in large part undergirded by a white supremacist, fascist ideology, complete with the most radical such adherents.

Beware of those subliminal Nazi messages. They're all around us.
Like the despicable/criminal trespasser at the Capitol wearing the Camp Auschwitz sweatshirt complete with skull and crossbones logo - your humor, as usual is totally misplaced and misses the point. At least, you remain on brand. Can we assume you are also OK with flags at the WH not being lowered for the CapPolice officer murdered Wednesday? or that you also have a stupid wisecrack about that, too?

Return to “POLITICS”