2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2020 Elections - Led to Impeachment?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:05 pm The Big Lies get told over and over and over by folks calling themselves fair and balanced. Accuse the other side of doing what you do. Another classic propaganda technique.

Goebbels tools were the radios he ordered produced that were cheap enough so that all the volks could afford them. Trump has Fox News and Twitter to distribute his propaganda.

MSNBC is no competition. Because Maddow can’t ever slant at anywhere near the scale that Hannity and Rush can Big Lie at.
Legal counsel perspective requested...

What liability do these networks and their talking head a-holes have in the insurrection, in the deaths?

Seems to me that there's quite a cause of action by the dead policeman's family available. The injured police as well.

Certainly the voting company threatened litigation got the attention of the networks...it's ALL about the Benjamins with them.

Are there other liabilities, causes of action?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Boy, am I enjoying how utterly uneducated my fellow citizens are these days.

Facebook is FILLED with idiots who think that Facebook ,Twitter, et. al. should do what THEY tell them to do.

They think it's censorship if FoxNews doesn't give "a fan" a 30 minute show every day to say what I want to say. They think that they should be able to show up at a local restaurant, and hold a political rally. And if the restaurant doesn't allow them to hold their political rally? Oh, that's censorship.

Infants. Actually, worse----these people are freaking communists, who think that private businesses have to do what they want them to do.

This is the same drooling, moronic reasoning that the Bundy idiot gave us.....where a rancher thinks that Federal land is his personal toy....and if the rancher doesn't get to do what he wants with that Federal land, he's going to hold his breath, and tell mommy.

What the F happened to conservative America that you've all become a bunch of dumb*ss hippies?
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:20 am Hawley, on Nov 6, well before he said he was going to object to PA.

Salty -- Take a look at the screenshot and chyron you posted. There it is -- staring you right in the face. The Big Lie. And you can't even see it yourself.

Hawley was making those comments just as the election was being called for Biden on 11/6 and 11/7. And at that moment, the chyron proves my point -- The Big Lie -- Trump won with "legal votes." And Hawley throws out a bunch of FUD about transparency and polls watchers -- all unsubstantiated and all false. Hawley and Cruz and Crenshaw keep talking for two forking months about audits and fraud and election integrity (all bull shirt) while Trump claims every day that he won in a landslide. They all tell The Big Lie over and over and over again. Because (as Joe G. instructs) if the lie is big enough and repeated enough -- people will believe it.

So those dudes (while not quite the POS that Trump is) aid and abet by supporting The Big Lie. They blather on and on about BS claims and concerns about "election integrity" and certainly not ever telling the truth even once. Which is that from the outset it is clear that Trump lost fair and square, and it wasn't even particularly close. Period.

So they are all responsible. Sure Crenshaw calls BS on Hawley and Cruz's craven and dangerous stunt on Wednesday. But show me when and where he first said Trump lost fair and square. I bet he hasn't said it yet -- even after the Capital has become a murder investigation site. Maybe Cruz and Hawley didn't light the match. But seeing that a huge pile firewood and kindling had been assembled, they had no qualms about sloshing around with some cans of gasoline. It is all fun and games for Cruz and Hawley -- until someone loses an eye. Or their life.

I know you know your history. So I know you know what the original playbook for The Big Lie strategy is. Of course you do -- it's Mein Kampf. So I am quite justified in calling all these guys American Nazis. Anyone who plays along with The Big Lie is too.

So tell us, Salty, did Biden win the election unequivocably fair and square? Was there ever even a whiff of fraud systematic/wide enough that would have ever changed the outcome? Please paste in a date stamped post of yours from early November where you said that. Apologies in advanced if I missed that from you.

Or, like Crenshaw, are you going to pee on our legs again with some FUD BS about poll watchers and junk mail voting?
So now your'e putting the words from FNC's chyron in Hawley's mouth. How 'bout we stick with his actual words.

Maybe, like most of their voters, Hawley & Crenshaw don't believe that Biden won "fair & square" because they think this election was "rigged", by the last minute rule changes & things like multiple unsolicited ballots, non-secure drop boxes with no chain of custody, ballot harvesting, inadequate or non-existing signature matching, & inaccessible or intimidated poll watchers.

Yes. I think Biden won the election, under the rules in effect. It has not yet been adjudicated whether or not all those rules were constitutional -- e.g. SCOTUS wouldn't hear the PA case (which Hawley was arguing again, in his 5 min protest) despite Alito's interest in it. Those sort of cases were declined or deferred due to expediency or the expectation that they would not change the outcome. It's up to the state legislature's, not the courts, to decided if those rule changes carry an acceptable risk in future, non-pandemic,elections.

We don't yet now the extent of fraud or irregularities. It has not been adequately examined in the hasty court cases presented. It is now for each state to examine, based on this election. I doubt that it would have changed the outcome, under these rules, so I accept Biden's victory. Trump's conduct (since Kelly departed) makes it easier for me to accept that outcome

Hawley, Crenshaw & Langford were not repeating Trump's big lie. They were accurately voicing the concerns of their voters, some influenced by Trump's big lie, & many based on their own observations. Crenshaw called out his colleagues who he felt were propagating the Big Lie , but he specifically excluded Hawley & Cruz, even though he disagreed with them making objections.
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:27 am Guess you wont give me the courtesy I give you, by answering your questions.
See my answer above, to gg.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:19 am A very cogent explanation of the tactics of the Big Lie and its connection to the label "American Nazis". All those spreading the Big Lie are complicit. Plenty of 'good' Germans enabled their own Big Lie without actually being brown shirts...all those who did so, who profited from it, were complicit.

Salty seems to think there are 'reasons' why 75 million people hate Dems so much they just had to vote for a known POS of the worst sort.

The combination of white resentment and fear is what undergirds all of this, with 'any and all means' justified. American Nazi is appropriate.
Unlike you, 75 million people don't vote based on hate.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:27 pm https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/01/09/pro ... -riot.html

We need a Benghazi style hearing to determine who knew what and when. We lost 5 people.
Coming soon to CSPAN. Set your dvr now.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"We don't yet now the extent of fraud or irregularities."

So the set up is (1) there was fraud or there were irregularities; and (2) they need to be disproven. This isn't how it works. It was incumbent on the plaintiff in the court cases to produce a theory and/or sufficient facts to get the court's attention. Nothing.

We know what the agenda going forward is: make voting harder for Democratic constituencies. "Make Voting Safe for Republicans!"

And it's not "75 million people." It's 74,200,000 -- the rounding error is fun though.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:20 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:19 am A very cogent explanation of the tactics of the Big Lie and its connection to the label "American Nazis". All those spreading the Big Lie are complicit. Plenty of 'good' Germans enabled their own Big Lie without actually being brown shirts...all those who did so, who profited from it, were complicit.

Salty seems to think there are 'reasons' why 75 million people hate Dems so much they just had to vote for a known POS of the worst sort.

The combination of white resentment and fear is what undergirds all of this, with 'any and all means' justified. American Nazi is appropriate.
I really don’t recall you constantly reminding us that more people voted for Hillary. Trump got 74 million votes and lost.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1251845
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:27 pm https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/01/09/pro ... -riot.html

We need a Benghazi style hearing to determine who knew what and when. We lost 5 people.
Coming soon to CSPAN. Set your dvr now.
Good. Let’s find out who is responsible for that dead police officer. Who knew what and when.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-allies- ... d=75119209
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:15 pm Yes. I think Biden won the election, under the rules in effect. It has not yet been adjudicated whether or not all those rules were constitutional -- e.g. SCOTUS wouldn't hear the PA case (which Hawley was arguing again, in his 5 min protest) despite Alito's interest in it.
You can't even hide your motive well. Neither can your Big Lie buddies.

In what magic world is ONLY the TrumpBiden portion of a ballot in question? You guys can't even clutch the right pearls, FFS.

Take you time, and explain that to me, OS. Show me one single State ballot that's being protested? In other words, Georgia is at issue in your Big Lie world, right?

Do you know how many elections happened in Georgia? Here's a Fulton County sample ballot. https://ballotpedia.org/Georgia_officia ... lots,_2020

Did any of the Republican winners say "gee whiz golly, this election might be fraudulent----I really shouldn't take my seat in the Georgia Legislature?"

F no. Well, why not? Republicans are saying it was fraudulent without any evidence...so then why are the R's taking their seats in the GA legislature in January? Take your time inventing an answer here.

You don't care about fair elections. Or absentee ballots. Or any other made up excuse you can come up with. You're upset that your team didn't win.

Remember your advice after 2016? Quit your juvenile whining, and run better candidates next time. Grow up.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:15 pm We don't yet now the extent of fraud or irregularities.
Right. In other words, you want NASA to prove to you that the moon landing wasn't staged and fake.

Let me show you how dumb this idea of yours is: I allege that the 2016 election was fraudulent, with zero evidence in hand. And it's up to Old Salt to prove otherwise. So go ahead and try and do that for me. Good luck. (you can't do it)

See....how it works is.....YOU have to prove the fraud, OS. You, like so many of your fellow Republicans, have everything backwards.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:35 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:15 pm Yes. I think Biden won the election, under the rules in effect. It has not yet been adjudicated whether or not all those rules were constitutional -- e.g. SCOTUS wouldn't hear the PA case (which Hawley was arguing again, in his 5 min protest) despite Alito's interest in it.

In what magic world is ONLY the TrumpBiden portion of a ballot in question? You guys can't even clutch the right pearls, FFS.

Take you time, and explain that to me, OS. Show me one single State ballot that's being protested? In other words, Georgia is at issue in your Big Lie world, right?

Do you know how many elections happened in Georgia? Here's a Fulton County sample ballot. https://ballotpedia.org/Georgia_officia ... lots,_2020

Did any of the Republican winners say "gee whiz golly, this election might be fraudulent----I really shouldn't take my seat in the Georgia Legislature?"

F no. Well, why not? Republicans are saying it was fraudulent without any evidence...so then why are the R's taking their seats in the GA legislature in January? Take your time inventing an answer here.

You don't care about fair elections. Or absentee ballots. Or any other made up excuse you can come up with. You're upset that your team didn't win.

Remember your advice after 2016? Quit your juvenile whining, and run better candidates next time. Grow up.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:15 pm We don't yet now the extent of fraud or irregularities.
Right. In other words, you want NASA to prove to you that the moon landing wasn't staged and fake.

Let me show you how dumb this idea of yours is: I allege that the 2016 election was fraudulent, with zero evidence in hand. And it's up to Old Salt to prove otherwise. So go ahead and try and do that for me. Good luck. (you can't do it)

See....how it works is.....YOU have to prove the fraud, OS. You, like so many of your fellow Republicans, have everything backwards.
Culture warrior.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:24 pm "We don't yet now the extent of fraud or irregularities."

So the set up is (1) there was fraud or there were irregularities; and (2) they need to be disproven. This isn't how it works. It was incumbent on the plaintiff in the court cases to produce a theory and/or sufficient facts to get the court's attention. Nothing.

We know what the agenda going forward is: make voting harder for Democratic constituencies. "Make Voting Safe for Republicans!"

And it's not "75 million people." It's 74,200,000 -- the rounding error is fun though.
Typical lawyer perspective. Everything is not decided in court, by judges (thankfully)
That's why legislative bodies exist, to write the laws.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:25 pm

I really don’t recall you constantly reminding us that more people voted for Hillary. Trump got 74 million votes and lost.

You're a big boy with a D III education in tv watching. You don't need me to remind you.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:35 pm

Blah, blah, blah. Don't let the (D)'s rig the game before the next election.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:55 pm Blah, blah, blah.
And there it is. When boxed into a rhetorical corner, where you can't refute the points, you run away. You do it every time.

You can't prove to me that the 2016 election wasn't fraudulently obtained. You're stuck, and you know it.

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:55 pm Don't let the (D)'s rig the game before the next election.
And by "rig", you mean: "State's running their elections the way that they see fit, and winding up with some Democrats winning races".

Why have elections at all, OS? Let's just give all our governments to the Republicans. I have to say, it would almost be worth it to get you to stop whining about losing a dumb election.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:53 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:25 pm

You're a big boy with a D III education in tv watching. You don't need me to remind you.
Privately paid for too.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:06 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:55 pm Blah, blah, blah.
And there it is. When boxed into a rhetorical corner, where you can't refute the points, you run away. You do it every time.
Your posts are too disjointed & rambling to reply to in detail.
Particularly when you chop them up or purport to speak in my voice.
You want a respectful reply, challenge me in kind.
You can't accept that people may disagree with you.

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:55 pm Don't let the (D)'s rig the game before the next election.
And by "rig", you mean: "State's running their elections the way that they see fit, and winding up with some Democrats winning races".
I mean 185 lawsuits filed in the weeks before the election. I mean the consent decree agreed to in GA. I mean the decision made by Stacey Abram's sister which was subsequently overturned.

Why have elections at all, OS? Let's just give all our governments to the Republicans. I have to say, it would almost be worth it to get you to stop whining about losing a dumb election....or let lawyers & Judges decide.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:19 pm Your posts are too disjointed & rambling to reply to in detail.
:lol: Well, you got me on that point. But....so are yours.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:19 pm You want a respectful reply, challenge me in kind.
Cool. Here you go:

Prove to me that the 2016 election results weren't fraudulently obtained.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:19 pm You can't accept that people may disagree with you.
Of course I can. What I can't accept is half-wit logic, coupled with intellectually dishonest nonsense. You and your big lie buddies are telling us, for example, that the Georgia ballot is 100% unassailable---except the part where Trump is involved. How dumb do you want me to think that you are here? No one is that dumb. No one. And yet here you are, trying to tell me that yes, you are indeed this dumb.

So yes, excuse me when I don't believe that you are this dumb. Mea culpa.

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:55 pm I mean 185 lawsuits filed in the weeks before the election. .

Right. And the judges ruled on them. What's the problem? Other than, you didn't like how they ruled, of course.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:55 pm ...or let lawyers & Judges decide.
This is the part where you are just out to lunch. Who do you think is going supposed to rule on contested elections? Some guy named Steve?

Pretty sure that millions of Americans were unhappy that the R-appointed SCOTUS ruled for Bush. But guess what? Them's the breaks. You seem to think that there is some magic place where we take our legal concerns to, outside of the Judicial Branch. I'm at a total loss as to where it is you think these matters "should" be settled.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:33 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:19 pm Your posts are too disjointed & rambling to reply to in detail.
:lol: Well, you got me on that point. But....so are yours.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:19 pm You want a respectful reply, challenge me in kind.
Cool. Here you go:

Prove to me that the 2016 election results weren't fraudulently obtained.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:19 pm You can't accept that people may disagree with you.
Of course I can. What I can't accept is half-wit logic, coupled with intellectually dishonest nonsense. You and your big lie buddies are telling us, for example, that the Georgia ballot is 100% unassailable---except the part where Trump is involved. How dumb do you want me to think that you are here? No one is that dumb. No one. And yet here you are, trying to tell me that yes, you are indeed this dumb.

So yes, excuse me when I don't believe that you are this dumb. Mea culpa.

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:55 pm I mean 185 lawsuits filed in the weeks before the election. .

Right. And the judges ruled on them. What's the problem? Other than, you didn't like how they ruled, of course.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:55 pm ...or let lawyers & Judges decide.
This is the part where you are just out to lunch. Who do you think is going supposed to rule on contested elections? Some guy named Steve?

Pretty sure that millions of Americans were unhappy that the R-appointed SCOTUS ruled for Bush. But guess what? Them's the breaks. You seem to think that there is some magic place where we take our legal concerns to, outside of the Judicial Branch. I'm at a total loss as to where it is you think these matters "should" be settled.
You want this all wrapped up with a bow, so we can move on. Not gonna happen. Both parties are going to try to game the system to their advantage before the next election. The issue is not going away, as much as you'd like it to.

I'd be happy to keep beating this dead horse, but I'm burning daylight & the dog park beckons.

Return to “POLITICS”