CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Bart

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by Bart »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:22 am
Bart wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:57 am
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:15 pm Image
wow. I hope you don't get paint on yourself with that extremely broad brush.
Really? You think that image goes too far as a metaphor for what we saw this week, what we can see online, and what (hopefully) most of us don't bother to see on the dark web?

This faux outrage from tech is downright laughable.

What's been revealed this week is an ugly truth, the Trump cult is in large part undergirded by a white supremacist, fascist ideology, complete with the most radical such adherents.

The black and white flag is a representation of that dark truth, the peeling back the revealing of what's really underneath, hidden purposely to those who it has seduced.

To be clear, there are Trump cultists who do not understand this reality, they've been seduced into it with all sorts of blatant lies, with the ground prepared over numerous years. But that's what they now find themselves part of, and being revealed.

The question is what those who did not understand this reality do, will they break their fever and disassociate themselves from the lies and violent, fascist intent?
I do. The peeling back of the blue stripe suggests to me that police, signified by the blue stripe, in general are nazi sympathizers.

Were there some off duty police involved in the bs this week? Certainly. Should they be be held accountable? Certainly. To me the image paints all police in that manner, hence the broad brush comment.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Really? You think that image goes too far as a metaphor for what we saw this week, what we can see online, and what (hopefully) most of us don't bother to see on the dark web?

What's been revealed this week is an ugly truth, the Trump cult is in large part undergirded by a white supremacist, fascist ideology, complete with the most radical such adherents.

The black and white flag is a representation of that dark truth, the peeling back the revealing of what's really underneath, hidden purposely to those who it has seduced.

To be clear, there are Trump cultists who do not understand this reality, they've been seduced into it with all sorts of blatant lies, with the ground prepared over numerous years. But that's what they now find themselves part of, and being revealed.

The question is what those who did not understand this reality do, will they break their fever and disassociate themselves from the lies and violent, fascist intent?
Your distorted interpretation is "laughable"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Bart wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:33 am

I do. The peeling back of the blue stripe suggests to me that police, signified by the blue stripe, in general are nazi sympathizers.

Were there some off duty police involved in the bs this week? Certainly. Should they be be held accountable? Certainly. To me the image paints all police in that manner, hence the broad brush comment.
I agree with you Bart. This visual indicates that either the police are Nazi's or that the police are revealing America is really Nazi behind the curtain. And unfortunately, the idiotic acts from a few, seem to make others not just paint with a broad brush but go straight to the paint sprayer, in order project and lump an entire party as the same.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Perhaps you can explain to me the genesis of a flag that's black and white with a blue line. Is this a symbol of the Trump cult variety or is it an image promoted by Antifa or BLM etc? I am under the impression that it's the former.

Assuming the blue line is intended to represent the police, I don't think that the peeling back of that line or any other to reveal what's underneath all of the lines necessarily means ALL police or "in general" are white supremacist fascists. Just the Trump cult adherents.

But I may be mistaken. Don't think so: https://www.themarshallproject.org/2020 ... rican-flag
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Maybe one of the black stripes should have been peeled back. That would have made it better. Does anyone know when that “flag” was created and what prompted it?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:46 am

I agree with you Bart. This visual indicates that either the police are Nazi's or that the police are revealing America is really Nazi behind the curtain. And unfortunately, the idiotic acts from a few, seem to make others not just paint with a broad brush but go straight to the paint sprayer, in order project and lump an entire party as the same.
See immediately above. The revealing is of the truth of the Trump cult. And yes, part of the police is complicit and involved in that cult.

But it is not indictment of ALL police, or police "in general" or "an entire party". That said, those who continue to provide air cover for the cultists, the white supremacist fascists, are complicit in their evil.

It's time for all of us to stop covering for the worst bad actors, and certainly time for the police to clean them out. Police unions being a huge problem.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:52 am

Maybe one of the black stripes should have been peeled back. That would have made it better. Does anyone know when that “flag” was created and what prompted it?
worth the read though
https://www.themarshallproject.org/2020 ... rican-flag
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:00 am

worth the read though
Thanks. It is about what I thought. I don’t remember seeing that flag growing up and didn’t notice it until all of this BLM controversy.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

foreverlax wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:44 am
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:04 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:13 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:53 pm Image

https://www.commondreams.org/sites/defa ... 8adf8b.jpg

Who are the biggest terror threats, now?
Man what’s wrong with you??!! That’s a garage pull!! Ask Schmidlap!
You goin' out for a Subway sammich at 2 a.m., white boy ?
More white cracker imagery...glad you speak the language so you can translate.
He had it wrong. It’s a Lake Trout Sandwich at that time...
“I wish you would!”
Bart

Post by Bart »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:51 am

Perhaps you can explain to me the genesis of a flag that's black and white with a blue line. Is this a symbol of the Trump cult variety or is it an image promoted by Antifa or BLM etc? I am under the impression that it's the former.

Assuming the blue line is intended to represent the police, I don't think that the peeling back of that line or any other to reveal what's underneath all of the lines necessarily means ALL police or "in general" are white supremacist fascists. Just the Trump cult adherents.

But I may be mistaken. Don't think so: https://www.themarshallproject.org/2020 ... rican-flag
I read your article. Thanks. I think there is truth that to an extent the flag has been coopted by some sycophants on the extremity.

I do not see it in those around me who chose to fly the flag including friends and acquaintances who are in law enforcement as anti trump as you can be.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:05 am

worth the read though
Thanks. It is about what I thought. I don’t remember seeing that flag growing up and didn’t notice it until all of this BLM controversy.
The history of the phrase "Thin Blue Line" and its usage was also very interesting. I didn't realize it had such a racist past as well.
Typical Lax Dad

Bart wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:21 am

I read your article. Thanks. I think there is truth that to an extent the flag has been coopted by some sycophants on the extremity.

I do not see it in those around me who chose to fly the flag including friends and acquaintances who are in law enforcement as anti trump as you can be.
Co-opted is the word I was searching for. I thought the editorial cartoonist was suggesting “some” people are hiding behind that flag. Not everyone. Same with the confederate flag but that’s a little different. A noose and confederate flags at the same event is never a good sign.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Understood and appreciated. It's entirely possible that they don't realize the flag's history and its usage by the Trump cult and racists. They may also not be aware of the history of the phrase "Thin Blue Line" and its usage by racists. I wasn't, I found that eye-opening as well...I'm quite sure most police don't think of it that way, certainly not explicitly...but some do...they need to go.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:22 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:05 am

worth the read though
The history of the phrase "Thin Blue Line" and its usage was also very interesting. I didn't realize it had such a racist past as well.
I believe a big part of modern day policing had its origins with Slave Patrols:

In the Southern states the development of American policing followed a different path. The genesis of the modern police organization in the South is the "Slave Patrol" (Platt 1982). The first formal slave patrol was created in the Carolina colonies in 1704 (Reichel 1992). Slave patrols had three primary functions: (1) to chase down, apprehend, and return to their owners, runaway slaves; (2) to provide a form of organized terror to deter slave revolts; and, (3) to maintain a form of discipline for slave-workers who were subject to summary justice, outside of the law, if they violated any plantation rules. Following the Civil War, these vigilante-style organizations evolved in modern Southern police departments primarily as a means of controlling freed slaves who were now laborers working in an agricultural caste system, and enforcing "Jim Crow" segregation laws, designed to deny freed slaves equal rights and access to the political system.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Will never happen. That's the reality.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:37 am

Will never happen. That's the reality.
Brooklyn, I'm not expecting everyone...but IMO there's a very big chunk of the 75 million who voted for Trump again who are capable of doing so. I'd like to think a majority of them can do so.

How and when, if this hasn't done it, I don't know. It'll be interesting to look back 6 months from now, and further out, to see whether this event proves to be pivotal.

I continue to think that convictions of tax fraud, bank fraud, etc will also shake some off.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:26 am

Understood and appreciated. It's entirely possible that they don't realize the flag's history and its usage by the Trump cult and racists. They may also not be aware of the history of the phrase "Thin Blue Line" and its usage by racists. I wasn't, I found that eye-opening as well...I'm quite sure most police don't think of it that way, certainly not explicitly...but some do...they need to go.
Some folks also claim the Betsy Ross 13 star revolutionary war flag is also a new symbol of the white supremacists. I have the flag in my basement. I bought it right after 9/11. Does owning it make me a member of the WS folks because some FLP folks chose to interpret the flag to what they want it to mean? The same it true for the " don't tread on me flag" who decides what the symbolism is here? I'm asking for a friend.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:08 am

Some folks also claim the Betsy Ross 13 star revolutionary war flag is also a new symbol of the white supremacists. I have the flag in my basement. I bought it right after 9/11. Does owning it make me a member of the WS folks because some FLP folks chose to interpret the flag to what they want it to mean? The same it true for the " don't tread on me flag" who decides what the symbolism is here? I'm asking for a friend.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/09/us/capit ... index.html
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:08 am

This has already been answered more than once. Nope, owning that flag is a non-issue. You had no ill intent behind it.

Waving it around at an insurrectionist rally, a Neo-Nazi march...ok, you'd be demonstrating intent. But yeah, displaying it in your basement...unfortunately it'd be understood to be intentional at this point. I'd fold it up and put it away, replace with regular flag.

Return to “POLITICS”