Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:21 pm
Kismet wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:10 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:38 pm
Kismet wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:32 am A primer on how you round up the clowns that stormed the Capitol and grind them into dust.

"In the post 9/11 world we have become used to the pervasive surveillance that characterizes Total Information Awareness. There’s a reason CIA Director Petraeus was so enthusiastic about the Internet-of-Things. If you want to freak yourself out ask Alexa if it is connected to the NSA.
The link to your post. Was curious where it came from. https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1 ... he-Capitol
So what.
Is the guy incorrect in his assessment?
Would serve all of these idiots right if they provided the means themselves for the big bad Feds to arrest them for crimes they committed in the Capitol.
No disagreement, just good practice to link the article, even if it is in quotes.

Back in the Lax Power days, they'd delete your post if no referenced link....maybe out of concern of copyright infringement.
Perhaps. But in this new nirvana free of all that Orwellian oversight I would have thought you'd be ecstatic.....to just have the unfiltered information regardless if it were otherwise copyrighted. If they repealed Section 230, you would not have any of these Mom & Pop type places to commiserate at all.
Last edited by Kismet on Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:10 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:38 pm
Kismet wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:32 am A primer on how you round up the clowns that stormed the Capitol and grind them into dust.

"In the post 9/11 world we have become used to the pervasive surveillance that characterizes Total Information Awareness. There’s a reason CIA Director Petraeus was so enthusiastic about the Internet-of-Things. If you want to freak yourself out ask Alexa if it is connected to the NSA.
The link to your post. Was curious where it came from. https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1 ... he-Capitol
So what.
Is the guy incorrect in his assessment?
Would serve all of these idiots right if they provided the means themselves for the big bad Feds to arrest them for crimes they committed in the Capitol.
I like the stories of them being fired for their behavior. Interesting what some of them do....
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://www.commondreams.org/sites/defa ... k=y-4TbFS8

Gee, I wonder what Petey thinks about all this?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:57 pm Image

Probably there, flew up from Florida with some of those pals of his.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:12 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:57 pm

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Up to just a month or so ago, he was bemoaning what he perceived to be lawlessness on the part of BLM and others of the left. Now he's suddenly gone silent. A cop gets killed in a brutal act of cold blooded murder by the reich wing and he makes no criticism of that atrocity. But in all honesty, it's what I expected from him and others of the far reich. After all, more members of Proud Boys, Boogaloo Bois, and QAnon are in prison for subversive crimes than patriots in BLM and Antifa. Up to now there has not been a word of criticism for these subversives. True, we've gotten a bit of muted criticism now but it has been quite tame compared to all the vilification we've seen against the patriots by these delusional radical far reichsters.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:22 pm

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Up to just a month or so ago, he was bemoaning what he perceived to be lawlessness on the part of BLM and others of the left. Now he's suddenly gone silent. A cop gets killed in a brutal act of cold blooded murder by the reich wing and he makes no criticism of that atrocity. But in all honesty, it's what I expected from him and others of the far reich. After all, more members of Proud Boys, Boogaloo Bois, and QAnon are in prison for subversive crimes than patriots in BLM and Antifa. Up to now there has not been a word of criticism for these subversives. True, we've gotten a bit of muted criticism now but it has been quite tame compared to all the vilification we've seen against the patriots by these delusional radical far reichsters.
well, to be fair, most of right leaning posters who've been active over these past two months have their headspace at least close to chagrined, some strongly condemning the acts and Trump, only one seems determined to 'fly air cover' for the inciters, the "righteousness" of the cause...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Oh my: https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics ... index.html

Feds say police found a pickup truck full of bombs and guns near Capitol insurrection as wide-ranging investigation unfurls
Typical Lax Dad

Deplorables
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:00 pm

Deplorables
Did they use some proletarian mode of transportation like NetJets.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

police reaction in DC:

police reaction in ghettos:

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

These Black Capitol Police Officers Describe Fighting Off "Racist Ass Terrorists"
Two Black officers told BuzzFeed News that their chief and other upper management left them totally unprepared and were nowhere to be found on the day.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/em ... ssion=true

The first glimpse of the deadly tragedy that was about to unfold came at 9 a.m. on the morning of the insurrection for one Black veteran of the US Capitol Police. But it didn’t come from his superiors — instead the officer had to rely on a screenshot from Instagram sent to him by a friend.

“I found out what they were planning when a friend of mine screenshot me an Instagram story from the Proud Boys saying, ‘We’re breaching the capitol today, guys. I hope y’all ready.’” The officer, who asked to remain anonymous out of fear of retaliation from his superiors, told BuzzFeed News that it was just a sign of the chaos that was to come, which saw officers regularly finding themselves unprepared and then outmanned and overpowered by the mob.

The officer said that while the department’s upper management had been telling them to prepare for Wednesday’s storming of the Capitol like they would for any other protest, that Instagram post sent a clear message: this wasn’t going to be just some kind of free speech protest, this was going to be a fight.

Management’s inaction left Black police officers especially vulnerable to a mob that had been whipped up by President Donald Trump, a man who has a record of inspiring racist vigilantes to action. One of the most defining videos of that day was of one of their colleagues, another Black officer, trying in vain to hold back the tide of rioters who had broken into the building and were hunting for Congressional members.

BuzzFeed News spoke to two Black officers who described a harrowing day in which they were forced to endure racist abuse — including repeatedly being called the n-word — as they tried to do their job of protecting the Capitol building, and by extension the very functioning of American democracy.

more ....

I'd like to know Petey's view on all this.

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I don't 100% agree with this tweet but I most certainly do agree that the reaction to Kaepernick had little to nothing to do with a groups love of America. It had everything to do with racism, being racist, and being bothered by having something so true and real being pointed out.
Nick Jack Pappas@Pappiness
3 days ago
Our flag. Colin Kaepernick's career was ruined because of their love of our flag.
But, yesterday, the Confederate Flag was in the capitol. Another rioter took down our flag to replace it with a Trump flag.
And nothing.
It wasn't our flag they loved. It was white supremacy.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Rep. Cori Bush: "We have a mandate to legislate in defense of black lives. The first step in that process is to root out white supremacy, starting with impeaching the white supremacist in chief."
I hear this, I understand this, and... Trump needs to be impeached for his crimes, prosecuted for his crimes. Trump is a horrible racist. but, legally, that's not why he needs to reckoned with.
Caddy Day
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:35 pm

well, to be fair, most of right leaning posters who've been active over these past two months have their headspace at least close to chagrined, some strongly condemning the acts and Trump, only one seems determined to 'fly air cover' for the inciters, the "righteousness" of the cause...
While you continue to make excuses for the DC Mayor & Congressional leaders who left the Capital undefended, despite warnings & offers of assistance, in advance, from the FBI & DoD. ...& who's providing air cover & defending their cause. Show us the words, not your fevered interpretation . Trump incited this, not the members of Congress who debated the conduct (not the results) of the election.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:10 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:35 pm

While you continue to make excuses for the DC Mayor & Congressional leaders who left the Capital undefended, despite warnings & offers of assistance, in advance, from the FBI & DoD. ...& who's providing air cover & defending their cause. Show us the words, not your fevered interpretation . Trump incited this, not the members of Congress who debated the conduct (not the results) of the election.
Salty,
I'll be fine on critiquing the DC Mayor if we find that she was responsible for protecting federal property and failed to do so, that she dragged her heels when the call came for support. I'll critique congressional leaders who made such decisions, and I'll also critique Congress people who gave tours to white power insurrectionists in the days prior, who communicated their position during the siege, who encouraged the Big Lie and who voted to "object" even after the insurrection, and that weasel Jim Jordan...don't get me started on that scum sucker.

Yes, Trump incited this, Inciter-In-chief...but he was not alone, nor should he alone be held accountable.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:02 pm
Rep. Cori Bush: "We have a mandate to legislate in defense of black lives. The first step in that process is to root out white supremacy, starting with impeaching the white supremacist in chief."
I hear this, I understand this, and... Trump needs to be impeached for his crimes, prosecuted for his crimes. Trump is a horrible racist. but, legally, that's not why he needs to reckoned with.
Agreed, though I think it is becoming more and more clear that the insurrection was largely charged by the white supremacists who answered Trump's call to arms and violence. They're definitely intertwined.

But it's not the legal aspect for Impeachment.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:53 pmSalty,
I'll be fine on critiquing the DC Mayor if we find that she was responsible for protecting federal property and failed to do so, that she dragged her heels when the call came for support. I'll critique congressional leaders who made such decisions, and I'll also critique Congress people who gave tours to white power insurrectionists in the days prior, who communicated their position during the siege, who encouraged the Big Lie and who voted to "object" even after the insurrection, and that weasel Jim Jordan...don't get me started on that scum sucker.

Yes, Trump incited this, Inciter-In-chief...but he was not alone, nor should he alone be held accountable.
In the interest of accuracy, when using inflammatory language like "insurrection " & "coup", & hurling accusations, it might be worth following the FBI's lead until they release more details from their investigation.
https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-of ... tol-011221

The FBI receives enormous amounts of information and intelligence... We have to separate the aspirational from the intentional and determine which of the individuals saying despicable things on the internet are just practicing keyboard bravado or they actually have the intent to do harm.
Hundreds of arrests have already been made. More will follow. It will be informative to see how many reflect malice aforethought vs how many reflect committing mayhem when an unexpected opportunity presented itself. That will help gauge the magnitude of the threat going forward.
Last edited by old salt on Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:53 pmSalty,

In the interest of accuracy, when using inflammatory language like "insurrection " & "coup", & hurling accusations, it might be worth following the FBI's lead until they release more details from their investigation.
:lol: As if YOU followed the FBI's lead when throwing around the word "coup" for four years.

Come on man. You're not REALLY going to provide this much irony and comedy the next four years, are you?

Or is the plan for you to tell us not to do all the things that YOU did over the last four years?

Return to “POLITICS”