CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by Kismet »

Methinks the sailor should consider stowing his shovel.....before he awakens in Beijing on the other side of the planet......

To say nothing of how he managed to miss the entire message of Dickens' A Christmas Carol.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:47 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:35 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:20 am
foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:54 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:33 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:51 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:48 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:17 am
old salt wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:45 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:40 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:31 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:02 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:21 pm So Matthew & Paul were anti-semites ? Learn something new everyday.
Salt, I don't know if Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, or Jesus for that matter were Anti-Semites but I do know for sure that there's anti-Semitic rhetoric in the New Testament. And, when you repeat it, guess what!...
To be more clear, some of the translations we read today have some language and messages that have been twisted by the haters to fit anti-semitic hate. They need not be understood as such, but they are convenient to the haters. It is quite doubtful that would ever have been Jesus' or God's intent....

The refusal of some to understand how these words and these tropes have been actively used to whip up hate has led to enormously bloody outcomes, some of the worst such in the history of mankind, is truly despicable. It's one thing to be fully ignorant, it's quite another to choose to knowingly repeat and use such bigotry actively.

And that's what should be our objection to Salty, not a poster's participation in a discussion...as a number of others have made clear, he's participating in bad faith...and in this case in a bigoted way.
Right. I mean there’s no words or phrase that make me wilt. I churn it in my stomach if ever a witness to it as I’ve been plenty of times over the years like everyone else. I probably could’ve been a better person and addressed it at least some of the times in some way but just let it go.

But I would never use toss “money changers” around regarding people other than in the most specific literal ways (I’m exchanging money at the money changers dude) because I’ve know since my bad public high school education that this was one of many terms used often over term in a pejorative manner as referencing to Jewish people. It just doesn’t pass the smell test in general here and specifically as used as a form of attack. Doesn’t need to mean that he thinks I’m Jewish but that I’m as dirty as a Jew. I mean I’ve gotten my shots in so calling me dirty or cynical or selfish or whatever is fine. But just throwing that shot specifically is pretty hard to not see the specific language as a signal of something behind the curtain that’s not inconsistent with other eggs laid over time.
Are you Jewish or not ? Should I have assumed you were, because you work in finance ? ... & therefore retrained from alluding to your profession, notwithstanding the shots you take at me regarding my line of work ?
HIS WORDS & SENTIMENTS. Not mine. Never. That is slander, which you are joining in.
Nope, that was EXACTLY the meaning of your slur of him. Why?
Simply because he works in finance, you used that specific ugly trope as an insult.

You're not this dumb, which is why people are PO'd.
It may have been an insult, but it was not anti-Semitic.
It was a non-denominational insult. What religion is Scrooge McDuck ?
As a WASP, you have no standing to determine if something is anti-Semitic.
How do you know I'm a WASP ?

Here's a litmus test. Did you read Dicken's A Christmas Carol as a student ?
Were you aware that it conveyed a subliminal anti-Semitic message ?
Did you know that you were being brainwashed ? Or were you oblivious ?
Did you assume that Scrooge was Jewish, or just non-religious ?

https://forward.com/culture/435925/is-a ... tisemitic/
Salt, if you know of Dickens’ potential anti-Semitic hidden meaning you can’t hide behind not knowing the recent European use for money changer. Please stop for your own good. Trump found out this week even the most ardent supporters have limits. You may be close yourself.
It had not occurred to me until I just started researching anti-Semitic tropes. When I read A Christmas Carol or saw it as a play or movie, it did not occur to me that Scrooge might be Jewish. I just saw him as a miserly old man.
I'm going to send you a bale of straw so you can keep building your men...you have to be running short.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:51 am Methinks the sailor should consider stowing his shovel.....before he awakens in Beijing on the other side of the planet......

To say nothing of how he managed to miss the entire message of Dickens' A Christmas Carol.
We're not discussing the message of A Christmas Carol. Were exploring Scrooge's religion. What occurred to you when you first read it ? This is a survey.
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:54 am
old salt wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:21 pm So Matthew & Paul were anti-semites ? Learn something new everyday.
Salt, I don't know if Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, or Jesus for that matter were Anti-Semites but I do know for sure that there's anti-Semitic rhetoric in the New Testament. And, when you repeat it, guess what!...
To be more clear, some of the translations we read today have some language and messages that have been twisted by the haters to fit anti-semitic hate. They need not be understood as such, but they are convenient to the haters. It is quite doubtful that would ever have been Jesus' or God's intent....

The refusal of some to understand how these words and these tropes have been actively used to whip up hate has led to enormously bloody outcomes, some of the worst such in the history of mankind, is truly despicable. It's one thing to be fully ignorant, it's quite another to choose to knowingly repeat and use such bigotry actively.

And that's what should be our objection to Salty, not a poster's participation in a discussion...as a number of others have made clear, he's participating in bad faith...and in this case in a bigoted way.
Right. I mean there’s no words or phrase that make me wilt. I churn it in my stomach if ever a witness to it as I’ve been plenty of times over the years like everyone else. I probably could’ve been a better person and addressed it at least some of the times in some way but just let it go.

But I would never use toss “money changers” around regarding people other than in the most specific literal ways (I’m exchanging money at the money changers dude) because I’ve know since my bad public high school education that this was one of many terms used often over term in a pejorative manner as referencing to Jewish people. It just doesn’t pass the smell test in general here and specifically as used as a form of attack. Doesn’t need to mean that he thinks I’m Jewish but that I’m as dirty as a Jew. I mean I’ve gotten my shots in so calling me dirty or cynical or selfish or whatever is fine. But just throwing that shot specifically is pretty hard to not see the specific language as a signal of something behind the curtain that’s not inconsistent with other eggs laid over time.
Are you Jewish or not ? Should I have assumed you were, because you work in finance ? ... & therefore retrained from alluding to your profession, notwithstanding the shots you take at me regarding my line of work ?
HIS WORDS & SENTIMENTS. Not mine. Never. That is slander, which you are joining in.
Simply because he works in finance, you used that specific ugly trope as an insult.

Salt, if you know of Dickens’ potential anti-Semitic hidden meaning you can’t hide behind not knowing the recent European use for money changer. Please stop for your own good. Trump found out this week even the most ardent supporters have limits. You may be close yourself.
It had not occurred to me until I just started researching anti-Semitic tropes. When I read A Christmas Carol or saw it as a play or movie, it did not occur to me that Scrooge might be Jewish. I just saw him as a miserly old man.
I'm going to send you a bale of straw so you can keep building your men...you have to be running short.
You're still dodging the question. Did you give any thought to Scrooge's religion when you first read or saw A Christmas Carol ?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:01 am

You're still dodging the question. Did you give any thought to Scrooge's religion when you first read or saw A Christmas Carol ?
Still a stupid question. No....why would that be the first lesson??

Any stock recommendations to along with your literary analysis. :roll:

You are the Shell Answer Man, in your own mind.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:59 am
Kismet wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:51 am Methinks the sailor should consider stowing his shovel.....before he awakens in Beijing on the other side of the planet......

We're not discussing the message of A Christmas Carol. Were exploring Scrooge's religion. What occurred to you when you first read it ? This is a survey.
Survey THIS, sailor!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe you need to try the Scrooge MacDuck version. :oops:
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:10 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:01 am

Still a stupid question. No....why would that be the first lesson??

Any stock recommendations to along with your literary analysis. :roll:

You are the Shell Answer Man, in your own mind.
Boeing's still a good buy if you act soon. The 737 Max just started flying again & orders are coming in. You're welcome.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:15 am
Boeing's still a good buy if you act soon. The 737 Max just started flying again & orders are coming in. You're welcome.

There you go again, Jimmy, pretending like you actually have some expertise in this area. Maybe your barber can give you some additional tips.

Let us know when get back to even. ;)
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:20 am
There you go again, Jimmy, pretending like you actually have some expertise in this area. Maybe your barber can give you some additional tips.

:lol: ...you think I'm going to divulge the ones with long term gains ? You've never heard of them.

Boeing was a long term sentimental play, to give me a rooting interest.

BAE's my only loser @ -27%. 4 stock portfolio, avg gain = 687 %
Last edited by old salt on Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:28 am

:lol: ...you think I'm going to divulge the ones with long term gains ? You've never heard of them.

Moving goal posts? We are talking about your BA trades.

Sentimental? Buy a toy.
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:31 am

Sentimental? Buy a toy.
BA's my only loser @ -27%. 4 stock portfolio, avg gain = 687 %
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:34 am

Sentimental? Buy a toy.
You should write an investment newsletter.....although you'd have to actually prove your results.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

tRUMP and his defenders believe this is an example of right wing "very fine people":

https://nypost.com/2021/01/06/neo-nazis ... s-capitol/

Neo-Nazis among protesters who stormed US Capitol

The throng of protesters who stormed the US Capitol on Wednesday included some neo-Nazis — including one man pictured wearing a “Camp Auschwitz” shirt.

The unidentified man was pictured among the hundreds of protesters who breached the building and forced Washington, DC, into a lockdown — sporting a shirt emblazoned with the name of one of the Nazi’s deadliest concentration camps during World War II.

The shirt included an image of a skull and crossbones, and had the inscription, “work brings freedom” — the German phrase, “arbeit macht frei,” that hung over the camp in German-occupied Poland, the Forward reported.

I watched CBS News this morning and a crazy Karen tRUMP cultist said the rioters and trouble makers were members of BLM. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... the COSPLAY revolution. :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/13 ... 5670810626

"Cops gave rioters directions to Schumer’s office but aimed a gun at a photographer and didn’t believe she was a journalist."
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:38 am

Sentimental? Buy a toy.
You should write an investment newsletter.....although you'd have to actually prove your results.
Not enough churn. I've held the other 3 for 15 years.
Can't afford to sell & pay the long term cap gains.
Hopefully, they'll go to our 501,c.3
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Sentimental? Buy a toy.
The newsletter target market could be the intersection of Proud Boys and QAnon.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:54 am

Sentimental? Buy a toy.
Give me your mailing list, since you're tracking them so closely.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:58 am

Sentimental? Buy a toy.
Call the FBI, they'd love to hear from you.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:01 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:58 am

Sentimental? Buy a toy.
Call the FBI, they'd love to hear from you.
Haven't you already turned me in ?

Return to “POLITICS”