2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: 2020 Elections - 25th Amendment Time

Post by seacoaster »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:38 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:36 pm Rogue POTUS Staff @RoguePOTUSStaff
2 mins ago
Chao was ready to invoke the 25th, but without that happening she sees no reason to stay.
Breaking WaPo: Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao will resign, the first to leave Trump's Cabinet after he incited mob that attacked Capitol.
So is it better for the cabinet members to leave or invoke 25?
I'd rather they invoked 25, and/or impeach. Trump remains the legal head of government and head of state, with untold mischief to be done in the looooooong space of 13 days.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:54 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:38 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:35 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:04 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:02 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:34 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:22 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:12 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:55 am fan - I'm with you 99% of the time around here but not on this one. The only way to avoid what occurred yesterday was to maintain robust security at the Capitol with adequate force to repel ANY attempt to not only enter the building but to keep crowds at a safe distance.
Then the problem is that my post was poorly worded, because I agree with you, 100%.

My point is GIVEN THE FACT that they were completely unprepared for yesterday's events, and that a handful of police with handguns were facing thousands of armed idiots.....I'm glad they didn't start shooting. If they were prepared? Yes. Stand your ground, and protect our Government. Agree completely.
Kismet wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:55 am They have been telegraphing it for WEEKS now online and Junior and DOPUS reaffirmed it yesterday. You can watch videos last night and this morning of both outmanned/outnumbered Capitol police retreating in the face of overwhelming numbers
Yes. I agree 1000%.
+1 to you both.

Maybe cu77, cu88, and docb will give you both a bunch of dump, as they did to me, for bringing up the very same thing as it unraveled.
No. You brought up the possibility that someone wanted the storming of the Capitol to occur. Maybe you were spitballing.... maybe you saw a clue....it’s consistent with your conspiracy theory proclivities... I also believe you were also one of the first to bring up Antifa. AFAN brought up those very same things? It’s a yes or no question.
Yes, I also brought up antifa in my post...there were two thoughts in that single post. And the first word of the post was "MAYBE". Have we not learned anything in the past few years by jumping to conclusions? You all seemed to just want to shoot first.

You are conflating two paragraphs in my one post WRT to the police preparedness, which was the 2nd paragraph: REF HERE
un huh....I liked this post:

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED
Post by CU77 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:18 pm

youthathletics wrote: ↑Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:16 pm
Almost makes you think, they wanted some sshit to go down.

They??? Who the f are they???

The only a**hat who wanted this to go down is TRUMP.
Yup....move the goal post and change the subject. Par for the course from you.
Post my reply to your question ..... you are worse than fox news.
Dude. Read the exchange above. You are moving the goalposts. You speculated that someone wanted your guys to storm the Capitol and then YOU also brought up ANTIFA. It’s consistent with your conspiracy mentality.
Wrong.

Again, why won't you post my reply to your question where you partially cited me, and intentionally left off my reply.... "They??? Who the f are they???". That is deceptive trolling on your part. Maybe you should stop posting under multiple user accounts.
What are you talking about? “ They???! Who the f are they” was someone else responding to your ridiculous speculation. You have watched The Godfather too many times when McCluskey pulled security detail in order to have the old man knocked off.....as things unfolded, you speculated about the possibility of the security being intentionally light because someone wanted something to go down and ANTIFA was involved. You can ask Afan if he thought security was light because someone wanted something to go down. If that’s what he meant, I apologize.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:32 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:10 pm All Ds.
First GOP lawmaker calls for invoking 25th Amendment to remove Trump

Hopefully the first domino. God bless the USA. Please.
Kinzinger is one of the younger Reps I looked to as a possible leader post this scumbaggery disaster period. I don't know all of his philosophies, but having seen him sit on the This Week Roundtable and mix it up with Donna Brazile, Matt Dowd and people like the Nation editor (who's name I always butcher so just KVH) in a respetful and honest way he seemed like he had actual leadership and communication skills.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
njbill

Post by njbill »

ggait wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:04 pm Bill -- was meaning to ask you.

What tea leaves do you read in Biden picking Garland versus, say, Yates who is the most obvious pick for the job. More so now with the Senate control flipped blue.

Seems like Garland is more likely a dove than hawkish pick.

Have seen speculation that Biden wanted to open/fill a seat on DC Circuit, which I could see.
I don't have any bright ideas. Calming influence? Payback for getting screwed over the Supreme Court position (doubt that reason)?

Does seem like more of a dove.

When he waited til after the Ga. Senate races, I was thinking maybe Yates, since Mitch can't block her now. Of course, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe Joe is cool on Yates for some reason. Have to think he knows her better than he knows Garland. Or maybe she simply doesn't want to do it. Did she move back to Georgia? Maybe she doesn't want to return to DC?

As much as I like Yates, the Rs have done a decent job of making her controversial, even though the "controversies" are entirely illegitimate. So if she went after T**** and his crime family, maybe some would consider it to be revenge for his firing of her.

The DC Circuit angle also suggest Joe may have been waiting for the Ga. Senate races. Now he can get a replacement for Garland confirmed.
old salt

Post by old salt »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:38 am The crowd that breached the Capitol yesterday is the effective base of the party now.
The crowd that breached the Capitol is not even the effective base of the protesters who showed up for the rally, let alone for Trump's 73 million voters.

They're like the Antifa malefactors who hide among the BLM protesters. It will be interesting to unravel them based on those arrested & social media traffic leading up to the riot.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

The GOP is going to split. Trump will take his people with him and, the other side of the GOP, will just hope that Trump will tell his folk to vote for them... which is possible. Trump will shift from being a Cult Leader who was voted POTUS to a Cult Leader.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:34 pm The GOP is going to split. Trump will take his people with him and, the other side of the GOP, will just hope that Trump will tell his folk to vote for them... which is possible. Trump will shift from being a Cult Leader who was voted POTUS to a Cult Leader.
Not if they don't give him access to Twitter in his jail cell, he won't...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:14 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:38 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:36 pm Rogue POTUS Staff @RoguePOTUSStaff
2 mins ago
Chao was ready to invoke the 25th, but without that happening she sees no reason to stay.
Breaking WaPo: Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao will resign, the first to leave Trump's Cabinet after he incited mob that attacked Capitol.
So is it better for the cabinet members to leave or invoke 25?
I'd rather they invoked 25, and/or impeach. Trump remains the legal head of government and head of state, with untold mischief to be done in the looooooong space of 13 days.
I'm curious to know (or confirm) if an acting cabinet member who has not been conformed by the Senate counts for the purpose of excercising the 25th Amendment (Section 4). Can anyone shed any light on this?

Perhaps Chao resigning not only means she doesn't have to take a position but also reduces the number of cabinet members to form a majority to exercise?

I'm no fan of John Bolton but his views on both the use of the 25th Amendment and impeachment are that neither is a solution to the issue. 25th because it essentially creates two Presidents potentially and the impeachment because there is not enough time.

His suggestion is that the secret to getting through the next 13 days is: "Put Trump on Air Force One and let him go play golf in Florida"

Rick Reilly
@ReillyRick
John Kelly now saying Trump is "poisonous" is like the guy rowing your Titanic lifeboat saying be careful of the iceberg.
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
CU77

Post by CU77 »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:14 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:38 pm So is it better for the cabinet members to leave or invoke 25?
I'd rather they invoked 25, and/or impeach.
Chao (wife of Moscow Mitch, who didn't jump off the Trump train until Dec.14) is a coward, as is any other Cabinet member who resigns now. She's resigning so she won't have to vote on the 25th.

But Pence will not invoke the 25th. He wouldn't even pick up the phone to talk to Pelosi and Schumer about it.

And you would get maybe five R votes to convict in the Senate on impeachment. The rest are too terrified of Trump's half-billion dollars and Trump's mobs coming to their houses and going after their families. They'd much rather take the chance of riding out the next two weeks without having to stick their necks out.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

With the roundtable of CEOs organized by Sonnefeld at Yale yesterday who all discussed not funding a penny to the senators who kept up the charade, specifically Hawley (who has nothing to trade in power as a jr senator with no influence) and Cruz, perhaps this may be a change in corporate money and poltiics.

Ironically, I wonder if liberal folks miss the days of the Koch brothers compared with this current Mercer machine...
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

njbill wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:20 pm
ggait wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:04 pm Bill -- was meaning to ask you.

What tea leaves do you read in Biden picking Garland versus, say, Yates who is the most obvious pick for the job. More so now with the Senate control flipped blue.

Seems like Garland is more likely a dove than hawkish pick.

Have seen speculation that Biden wanted to open/fill a seat on DC Circuit, which I could see.
I don't have any bright ideas. Calming influence? Payback for getting screwed over the Supreme Court position (doubt that reason)?

Does seem like more of a dove.

When he waited til after the Ga. Senate races, I was thinking maybe Yates, since Mitch can't block her now. Of course, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe Joe is cool on Yates for some reason. Have to think he knows her better than he knows Garland. Or maybe she simply doesn't want to do it. Did she move back to Georgia? Maybe she doesn't want to return to DC?

As much as I like Yates, the Rs have done a decent job of making her controversial, even though the "controversies" are entirely illegitimate. So if she went after T**** and his crime family, maybe some would consider it to be revenge for his firing of her.

The DC Circuit angle also suggest Joe may have been waiting for the Ga. Senate races. Now he can get a replacement for Garland confirmed.
Garland is the ultimate apolitical AG pick. That’s important to Biden because Republicans are still trying to smear his son, Hunter. Hunter Biden will likely not be indicted for anything and the exoneration will look less partisan. In addition, any federal prosecution of Trump, the Trump Organization, or any of Trump’s children will look less partisan with someone like Garland heading the DOJ. It’s win-win for Biden.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
ggait

Post by ggait »

With the roundtable of CEOs organized by Sonnefeld at Yale yesterday who all discussed not funding a penny to the senators who kept up the charade, specifically Hawley (who has nothing to trade in power as a jr senator with no influence) and Cruz, perhaps this may be a change in corporate money and poltiics.
Hawley and Cruz could not care less.

Most of those CEOs are Dems to begin with.

And the Sedition Caucus isn't angling to get dough from Jamie Dimon. They get bankrolled with online sawbucks fleeced from the tatted mouth breathers who wear fur Viking hats and watch FNC.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

POLITICO @politico
4h
During his rally yesterday, Trump encouraged his supporters to march on the Capitol. His personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani told them: “Let's have trial by combat.”

Within hours, rioters violently occupied the Capitol. Four people died. https://politi.co/2LvbHA2
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1347228936896450561
Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ggait wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:34 pm
Hawley and Cruz could not care less.

Most of those CEOs are Dems to begin with.

And the Sedition Caucus isn't angling to get dough from Jamie Dimon. They get bankrolled with online sawbucks fleeced from the tatted mouth breathers who wear fur Viking hats and watch FNC.
For what it's worth I was referencing this piece from this am. But, regardless of affiliation, Goldman has been funding both sides for a long time, so CEO affiliation isn't the only consideration. They donate both ways as a form of monte carlo simulation/game theory to hedge their bets.

https://www.axios.com/hawley-cruz-busin ... bc2f7.html
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:45 pm POLITICO @politico
4h
During his rally yesterday, Trump encouraged his supporters to march on the Capitol. His personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani told them: “Let's have trial by combat.”

Within hours, rioters violently occupied the Capitol. Four people died. https://politi.co/2LvbHA2
Rudy, a guy who'd die immediately if punched in the face is suggesting this. Classic. Even in 1978 he would've caught a beat down from even the girls gang in The Warriors.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:45 pm POLITICO @politico
4h

“The White House counsel, Pat A. Cipollone, warned Mr. Trump that he could face legal exposure for the riot given that he had urged his supporters to march to the Capitol and ‘fight’ beforehand.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/us/p ... ardon.html

"President Trump has suggested to aides he wants to pardon himself in the final days of his presidency, according to two people with knowledge of the discussions, a move that would mark one of the most extraordinary and untested uses of presidential power in American history.

In several conversations since Election Day, Mr. Trump has told advisers that he is considering giving himself a pardon and, in other instances, asked whether he should and what the effect would be on him legally and politically, according to the two people. It was not clear whether he had broached the topic since he incited his supporters on Wednesday to march on the Capitol, where some stormed the building in a mob attack.

Mr. Trump has shown signs that his level of interest in pardoning himself goes beyond idle musings. He has long maintained he has the power to pardon himself, and his polling of aides’ views is typically a sign that he is preparing to follow through on his aims. He has also become increasingly convinced that his perceived enemies will use the levers of law enforcement to target him after he leaves office.

No president has pardoned himself, so the legitimacy of prospective self-clemency has never been tested in the justice system, and legal scholars are divided about whether the courts would recognize it. But they agree a presidential self-pardon could create a dangerous new precedent for presidents to unilaterally declare they are above the law and to insulate themselves from being held accountable for any crimes they committed in office.

A White House spokesman did not respond to a request for comment.

Mr. Trump has considered a range of pre-emptive pardons for family, including his three oldest children — Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump and Ivanka Trump — for Ms. Trump’s husband, the senior White House adviser Jared Kushner, and for close associates like the president’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani. The president has expressed concerns to advisers that a Biden Justice Department might investigate all of them.

Mr. Trump, who has told advisers how much he likes having the power to issue clemency, has for weeks solicited aides and allies for suggestions on whom to pardon. He has also offered pre-emptive pardons to advisers and administration officials. Many were taken aback because they did not believe they were in legal jeopardy and thought that accepting his offer would be seen as an admission of guilt, according to the two people.

Presidential pardons apply only to federal law and provide no protection against state crimes. They would not apply to charges that could be brought by prosecutors in Manhattan investigating the Trump Organization’s finances.

The discussions between Mr. Trump and his aides about a self-pardon came before his pressure over the weekend on Georgia officials to help him try to overturn the election results or his incitement of the riots at the Capitol. Trump allies believe that both episodes increased Mr. Trump’s criminal exposure.

As aides urged Mr. Trump to issue a strong condemnation on Wednesday and he rejected that advice, the White House counsel, Pat A. Cipollone, warned Mr. Trump that he could face legal exposure for the riot given that he had urged his supporters to march to the Capitol and “fight” beforehand, according to people briefed on the discussion. The president had appeared to White House aides to be enjoying watching the scenes play out on television."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:34 pm The GOP is going to split. Trump will take his people with him and, the other side of the GOP, will just hope that Trump will tell his folk to vote for them... which is possible. Trump will shift from being a Cult Leader who was voted POTUS to a Cult Leader.
So for all intense and purpose dump will become a new Jim Jones? His people do have an affinity for the Kool-Aid. If memory serves me correct it was grape.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

If he quits, Pence pardons him. Best option is he stays and pardons himself....take it to court.
DocBarrister

Marc Thiessen: “Trump Has Blood on His Hands”

Post by DocBarrister »

From Marc Thiessen, a very conservative commentator and for several years a fierce defender of Trump and his administration:

Let’s be clear about what happened Wednesday: The president of the United States invited a crowd of his supporters to Washington, ginned them up with lies about a stolen election, attacked members of Congress for being complicit in that theft and then sent them to the U.S. Capitol. “We got to get rid of the weak congresspeople,” Trump declared at his "Save America" rally on the Ellipse, urging the crowd to “walk down Pennsylvania Avenue” and “take back our country.”

Soon, thousands of his supporters tried to do just that — overwhelming police barricades, storming the Capitol, and fighting their way into the House and Senate chambers. Vice President Pence and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) — first and second in line to the presidency — were whisked away to a secure location. House members donned masks designed for a biological attack to protect themselves against tear gas. Officers drew guns on the House floor. A woman — 35-year-old Air Force veteran Ashli Babbitt — was shot and killed, one of four people to die during the violent rioting.

It was one of the darkest moments in the history of our democracy. And Trump is responsible for it. As the smoke cleared Wednesday on Capitol Hill, Trump said in a tweet since removed, “These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away.” Sorry, these things didn’t “happen.” Trump formed and incited the mob. He stoked their anger with self-serving lies. He betrayed his followers. He betrayed his office. And now he has blood on his hands.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... mob-media/

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister

Return to “POLITICS”