2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
kramerica.inc

Re: 2020 Elections - 25th Amendment Time

Post by kramerica.inc »

First GOP member calls for the 25th:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5331 ... move-trump
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer is calling for Trump to be immediately removed from office.

He says the 25th amendment should be invoked. "If the Vice President and the Cabinet refuse to stand up, Congress should reconvene to impeach the president."
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:17 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:11 am
seacoaster wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:24 am Perfect. YA joined hip to hip, shoulder to shoulder with Nestor's Daddy:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1347020454603710464

What the heck is wrong with you?
You clearly have a tough time understanding people and actually hearing where they are coming from. You and I have never met and you do not know my heart. You and I are probably much-much closer on issues than you think. Enough.
Oh please. Your heart. Your first instinct is to try to shift blame to the black folks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nathanTberna ... 0794474498

Sure, “Antifa instigators.”
Just spitballing
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:17 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:11 am
seacoaster wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:24 am Perfect. YA joined hip to hip, shoulder to shoulder with Nestor's Daddy:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1347020454603710464

What the heck is wrong with you?
You clearly have a tough time understanding people and actually hearing where they are coming from. You and I have never met and you do not know my heart. You and I are probably much-much closer on issues than you think. Enough.
Oh please. Your heart. Your first instinct is to try to shift blame to the black folks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nathanTberna ... 0794474498

Sure, “Antifa instigators.”
I wonder where they work?
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Both Schumer and Kinzinger are right, this man needs to be removed from office yesterday. We have a President by title only, the one who even many of his supporters have said is unfit for office. A man unfit for office and mentally unbalanced needs to be removed, and oh what befitting way for this Prez to be remembered.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:49 am Both Schumer and Kinzinger are right, this man needs to be removed from office yesterday. We have a President by title only, the one who even many of his supporters have said is unfit for office. A man unfit for office and mentally unbalanced needs to be removed, and oh what befitting way for this Prez to be remembered.
+1 the sooner the better.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
calourie

Post by calourie »

DMac wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:49 am Both Schumer and Kinzinger are right, this man needs to be removed from office yesterday. We have a President by title only, the one who even many of his supporters have said is unfit for office. A man unfit for office and mentally unbalanced needs to be removed, and oh what befitting way for this Prez to be remembered.
Without a severe reprimand or action of meaningful accountability Trump's seditious act becomes a new normal which a country which subscribes to the rule of law cannot survive. Fear of mob violence stirred up by the POTUS cannot be sanctioned by inaction. Denying Trump 4 more years of a presidency he didn't win is no punishment at all. Congress and republicans in particular need to (wo)man up and hold Trump accountable either through at the very least public sanction, or more appropriately impeachment or 25th amendment removal before he is scheduled to leave office.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

calourie wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:03 pm Without a severe reprimand or action of meaningful accountability... or 25th amendment removal before he leaves office.
The US needs to come together. And we saw some of it last night. Coming together to say, *This* is not OK. Our leaders need to finish this coming together. Coming together in our belief that this is not the kind of president the US needs or wants. Our leaders, Dems and Reps, need to make a clear statement.
Last edited by Matnum PI on Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caddy Day
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:06 pm
calourie wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:03 pm Without a severe reprimand or action of meaningful accountability... or 25th amendment removal before he leaves office.
The US needs to come together. And we saw some of it last night. Coming together to say, *This* is not OK. Our leaders need to finish this coming together. Coming together in our belief that this is not the kind of president needs or wants. Our leaders, Dems and Reps, need to make a clear statement.
Agreed. Furthermore, they also need to look at themselves....some introspection would be nice.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

George Conway
@gtconway3d
If the VP and a majority of the cabinet were to certify Trump’s inability to carry out the duties of his office, Pence would become acting president. The next thing that would happen is that Trump would say, no, I’m able to carry out my duties, and he’d resume his office ...
... again in four days, unless the VP and the cabinet again certified Trump’s inability to carry out his duties. At that point, the matter goes to Congress, which has 21 days to affirm the Cabinet’s decision. But by then Joe Biden would be president, so there would never ...
... have to be a congressional vote (it takes 2/3 of both houses to sustain the finding of inability). In other words, the Vice President and a majority of the Cabinet could sideline Trump for the rest of his term, since there are only two weeks left in it.

All that said, I’m not hopeful that the Pence and the Cabinet would act.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

All Ds.

Caddy Day
a fan

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:55 am fan - I'm with you 99% of the time around here but not on this one. The only way to avoid what occurred yesterday was to maintain robust security at the Capitol with adequate force to repel ANY attempt to not only enter the building but to keep crowds at a safe distance.
Then the problem is that my post was poorly worded, because I agree with you, 100%.

My point is GIVEN THE FACT that they were completely unprepared for yesterday's events, and that a handful of police with handguns were facing thousands of armed idiots.....I'm glad they didn't start shooting. If they were prepared? Yes. Stand your ground, and protect our Government. Agree completely.
Kismet wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:55 am They have been telegraphing it for WEEKS now online and Junior and DOPUS reaffirmed it yesterday. You can watch videos last night and this morning of both outmanned/outnumbered Capitol police retreating in the face of overwhelming numbers
Yes. I agree 1000%.
ggait

Post by ggait »

But any coming together has to start with acceptance of reality.

When South Africa decided to move on, the body in charge wasn't called the "Can't We All Just Get Along Commission." It was called the "Truth and Reconcilliation Commission. Note that Truth comes first.

Until folks admit Trump's lies, there's no coming together. For example, look at this from mid-December:

old salt wrote: ↑
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:16 pm
The states I've heard the most complaints about are naturally the close ones -- PA, MI, WI, GA, NV & AZ. In each state the complaints are complex & different.

If you REALLY think that those six states were stolen, then it is perfectly reasonable to march in the streets and insurrect. I would do the same thing.

The real point is that it was all complete bull shirt the whole time. Once we agree on that, making up is easy to do.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:12 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:55 am fan - I'm with you 99% of the time around here but not on this one. The only way to avoid what occurred yesterday was to maintain robust security at the Capitol with adequate force to repel ANY attempt to not only enter the building but to keep crowds at a safe distance.
Then the problem is that my post was poorly worded, because I agree with you, 100%.

My point is GIVEN THE FACT that they were completely unprepared for yesterday's events, and that a handful of police with handguns were facing thousands of armed idiots.....I'm glad they didn't start shooting. If they were prepared? Yes. Stand your ground, and protect our Government. Agree completely.
Kismet wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:55 am They have been telegraphing it for WEEKS now online and Junior and DOPUS reaffirmed it yesterday. You can watch videos last night and this morning of both outmanned/outnumbered Capitol police retreating in the face of overwhelming numbers
Yes. I agree 1000%.
+1 to you both.

Maybe cu77, cu88, and docb will give you both a bunch of crap, as they did to me, for bringing up the very same thing as it unraveled.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
ggait

Post by ggait »

The only way to avoid what occurred yesterday was to maintain robust security at the Capitol with adequate force to repel ANY attempt to not only enter the building but to keep crowds at a safe distance.
You overlook that the main threat to be protected against was Trump himself. The call was coming from inside the house.

The folks in charge of the Capital Police are the Dem and Rep leadership in Congress. Call me cynical, but I really don't think that at the planning committee meeting McConnell and McCarthy were demanding that the CP go full DEFCON SWAT team to guard against a horde of armed GOP base voters.

Maybe they didn't think Trump would light the fuse (wrong). And maybe even Pelosi and Schumer recognized the dangers of having federal officers firing on Trump's white male flag-waving base voters. Would look too much like Tiananmen Square when played on Fox News.

So the light touch/fingers crossed approach might have been the best of the bad security options available. 100% Trump's fault. None of this happens unless he incites it. Full stop.
Last edited by ggait on Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:22 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:12 pm

Yes. I agree 1000%.
+1 to you both.

Maybe cu77, cu88, and docb will give you both a bunch of dump, as they did to me, for bringing up the very same thing as it unraveled.
No. You brought up the possibility that someone wanted the storming of the Capitol to occur. Maybe you were spitballing.... maybe you saw a clue....it’s consistent with your conspiracy theory proclivities... I also believe you were also one of the first to bring up Antifa. AFAN brought up those very same things? It’s a yes or no question.
“I wish you would!”
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

ggait wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:18 pm But any coming together has to start with acceptance of reality.

When South Africa decided to move on, the body in charge wasn't called the "Can't We All Just Get Along Commission." It was called the "Truth and Reconcilliation Commission. Note that Truth comes first.

Until folks admit Trump's lies, there's no coming together. For example, look at this from mid-December:

old salt wrote: ↑
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:16 pm
The states I've heard the most complaints about are naturally the close ones -- PA, MI, WI, GA, NV & AZ. In each state the complaints are complex & different.

If you REALLY think that those six states were stolen, then it is perfectly reasonable to march in the streets and insurrect. I would do the same thing.

The real point is that it was all complete bull shirt the whole time. Once we agree on that, making up is easy to do.
Watching Fox News right now for the first time in years just to see a different perspective. Tomi Lahren is a moron.

As long as garbage like her continue to have a voice that’s positioned as a respected one we’re not going anywhere.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:10 pm All Ds.

One R: Kinzinger.

And I think you could add Amash (I).
Last edited by seacoaster on Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:49 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:10 pm All Ds.

One R: Kinzinger.
Along with Mitt, my favorite GOP elected leader in DC.

It was almost comical when he went on Fox last evening and they asked him what he thought and he challenged the prior numbskull and ripped Trump. When he took a breath, they moved on to regular talking heads saying they'd come back to him but never did.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

D.C. Attorney General Karl Racine tells @MSNBC that the 25th Amendment should be invoked. "Donald Trump needs to be held accountable. He's unfit for office."
Caddy Day

Return to “POLITICS”