2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DocBarrister

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by DocBarrister »

WASHINGTON — So this is how it ends. The presidency of Donald John Trump, rooted from the beginning in anger, division and conspiracy-mongering, comes to a close with a violent mob storming the Capitol at the instigation of a defeated leader trying to hang onto power as if America were just another authoritarian nation.

The scenes in Washington would have once been unimaginable: A rampage through the citadel of American democracy. Police officers brandishing guns in an armed standoff to defend the House chamber. Tear gas deployed in the Rotunda. Lawmakers in hiding. Extremists standing in the vice president’s spot on the Senate dais and sitting at the desk of the speaker of the House.

The words used to describe it were equally alarming: Coup. Insurrection. Sedition. Suddenly the United States was being compared to a “banana republic” and receiving messages of concern from other capitals. “American carnage,” it turned out, was not what President Trump would stop, as he promised upon taking office, but what he wound up delivering four years later to the very building where he took the oath.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/06/us/p ... e=Homepage

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:52 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:32 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:20 pm They react to what they see is tolerated, rationalized, & even implicitly encouraged & celebrated, then reply in kind.

"peaceful protests", at a time when other public gatherings were restricted or banned, were allowed & celebrated.

We are now reaping the whirlwind. So you don't think these are just kids blowing off steam ?
Right. Today happened because of Black Lives Matter.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and check out of this conversation.....
It happened because mob violence, aka peaceful protests, has been tolerated, normalized & tacitly encouraged.
I reject your premise ... it is unquestionably wrong.

However, it should be noted that the BLM movement had something very legitimate to protest ... police brutality and inequality in the administration of justice.

The same is not true of Trump or his thugs. There was no “stolen election.” There was no voter fraud. There was no Trump “landside.” They are all lies spewed by a malignant narcissist ... a malignant piece of trash that you have repeatedly defended on this forum.

Enough of this nonsense. Just stop.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

DMac wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:51 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:27 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:17 pm Woman killed in riot today is Ashli Babbit from San Diego.
I had posted that I suspected many people storming the capitol were ex-military...but decided to delete it after I typed it. Really sad. Trump cost that lady her life.
Actually, a gal (or anyone) who was a "high level security officer" in the military would/should realize that storming, and then ending up, "inside the U.S. Capitol" is putting her life on the line. This is the hill she chose to die on, her choice. Not saying Trump isn't the instigator, but you've really got to be smarter than that. Idiotic move by all of them, dead or alive.
The fact that she got out after 14 years might be a tell. At 15 years, if promoted, she should have qualified for a reduced pension, & at 20 years for a 50% of base pay pension. Maybe she failed to promote or was asked to leave for other reasons.

@ 00:42 of the video, who can see her climbing up to enter through the broken window frame.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/06/video-sho ... n-capitol/
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:17 pm Woman killed in riot today is Ashli Babbit from San Diego.
I had posted that I suspected many people storming the capitol were ex-military...but decided to delete it after I typed it. Really sad. Trump cost that lady her life.
I get what you’re saying as far as Trump’s fault.

But she went through a door she shouldn’t have.

She was part of lawlessness and intimidation. So not a lot of sympathy here. Play stupid games.

Free will. The choices we make.
old salt

Post by old salt »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:04 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:20 pm They react to what they see is tolerated, rationalized, & even implicitly encouraged & celebrated, then reply in kind.

"peaceful protests", at a time when other public gatherings were restricted or banned, were allowed & celebrated.

We are now reaping the whirlwind. So you don't think these are just kids blowing off steam ?

It happened because mob violence, aka peaceful protests, has been tolerated, normalized & tacitly encouraged.

However, it should be noted that the BLM movement had something very legitimate to protest ... police brutality and inequality in the administration of justice.

The same is not true of Trump or his thugs. There was no “stolen election.” There was no voter fraud. There was no Trump “landside.” They are all lies spewed by a malignant narcissist ... a malignant piece of trash that you have repeatedly defended on this forum.

DocBarrister
I condemn this mob violence, just as I condemn the BLM/Antifa violence we have had to endure. Do you ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:05 pm

She was part of lawlessness and intimidation. So not a lot of sympathy here. Play stupid games.

She cost herself her own life. Given her experience, she should have known the risk she was taking in breaching that space.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:10 pm

She cost herself her own life. Given her experience, she should have known the risk she was taking in breaching that space.
Yup. A tiny bit more background on her in this story:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.perthn ... 63512z.amp
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:48 pm US Senate votes 93-6 to reject the Republican effort to block counting Arizona’s electoral votes for Joe Biden.

The 6 US senators who voted in favor of the effort:

• Sen. Cruz, R-Texas
• Sen. Hawley, R-Missouri
• Sen. Kennedy, R-Louisiana
• Sen. Hyde-Smith, R-Mississippi
• Sen. Marshall, R-Kansas
• Sen. Tuberville, R-Alabama
All slave states and bloody Kansas. Like anyone should be surprised. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Terminal stupidity. I hope she didn’t have children...
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:13 pm All slave states and bloody Kansas. Like anyone should be surprised. :lol:
After today, an understatement to call it a unique day, I am surprised. I expected two. i hoped for 0.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

WASHINGTON (AP) -- DC Police: 4 people died as Trump supporters occupied Capitol; 1 woman shot by police, 3 in medical emergencies.
Caddy Day
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:48 pm The 6 US senators who voted in favor of [Trump's coup d'etat]:

• Sen. Cruz, R-Texas
They should all be expelled from the Senate.

Ditto the 121 in the House.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:07 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:04 pm

DocBarrister
I condemn this mob violence, just as I condemn the BLM/Antifa violence we have had to endure. Do you ?
The BLM protests were largely peaceful. The night violence by the anarchist crowd (overwhelmingly white men) were the source of violence ... as they have been for decades. You need to distinguish between the two.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
DMac

Post by DMac »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:05 pm
The fact that she got out after 14 years might be a tell. At 15 years, if promoted, she should have qualified for a reduced pension, & at 20 years for a 50% of base pay pension. Maybe she failed to promote or was asked to leave for other reasons.
Yup, 14 and out is a very odd move, doesn't make much sense.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I am saying it’s her fault that she committed to Trump....drank his Kool-Aid....Jonestown people didn’t have to drink the Kool-aid either but they followed that fool!
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:13 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:48 pm US Senate votes 93-6 to reject the Republican effort to block counting Arizona’s electoral votes for Joe Biden.

The 6 US senators who voted in favor of the effort:

• Sen. Cruz, R-Texas
All slave states and bloody Kansas. Like anyone should be surprised. :lol:
Lost Cause
“I wish you would!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Heather Cox Richardson (TDPR)
@HC_Richardson
Make no mistake: Trump will not stop until he is stopped. It's not that he won't; it's that a personality like his can't. He is feral and dangerous, and pretending he has hit bottom is a terrible mistake. There is always a new low to which he can sink.
Caddy Day
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Mattis speaks out:
former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis on Wednesday accused Trump of using the presidency to "destroy trust in our election and to poison our respect for fellow citizens."

“Today’s violent assault on our Capitol, an effort to subjugate American democracy by mob rule, was fomented by Mr. Trump," Mattis wrote. "His use of the Presidency to destroy trust in our election and to poison our respect for fellow citizens has been enabled by pseudo political leaders whose names will live in infamy as profiles in cowardice."
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/0 ... ule-455675
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:16 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:13 pm All slave states and bloody Kansas. Like anyone should be surprised. :lol:
After today, an understatement to call it a unique day, I am surprised. I expected two. i hoped for 0.
... its down from 13 this morning.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:17 pm WASHINGTON (AP) -- DC Police: 4 people died as Trump supporters occupied Capitol; 1 woman shot by police, 3 in medical emergencies.
52 arrests I believe. 14 transports to hospitals (I guess including the 4 dead)

Return to “POLITICS”