2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:53 pm Nick Schifrin @nickschifrin
31m
Former Joint Chiefs Chair Mike Mullen tells @JudyWoodruff Trump "incited" failed insurrection, says Trump "not in position to lead the next 14 days." Warns "I don't think we're done. Today was not it. We need to act in a preventive way to prevent more from happening." Says discussion of 25th amendment "very, very important." Compares Trump to "dictators around the world who pull the levers of power to stay in power." Calls Trump "desperate, doing anything he can to hold onto power--to the point of what I consider grossly illegal actions today"
What say Old Schmidlap....
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:43 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:37 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:23 pm Image

El Norte Recuerda
@Vanessid
34m
Reminder fo what capitol "security" in full military-grade riot gear looked like for Black Lives Matter protests this summer.
Why didn't the DC mayor request the DC NG in advance of the rally ? She only requested 340, unarmed, & put only 100 on the street to direct traffic, freeing up Metro Police for crowd control.
Uh, security of the Capitol and its grounds are the purview of the Capitol Police.

And, she should expect sedition from tRump and his enabling minions? You sure you were at home? Got any witnesses?
Uh, which branch of the Executive branch does the Capitol Police report to ?
It obviously occurred to the Mayor to activate NG troops in advance.
Why so few ? Why no Metro Police & DC NG in riot gear to help the CP ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:00 pm
31m
Former Joint Chiefs Chair Mike Mullen tells @JudyWoodruff Trump "incited" failed insurrection, says Trump "not in position to lead the next 14 days." Warns "I don't think we're done. Today was not it. We need to act in a preventive way to prevent more from happening." Says discussion of 25th amendment "very, very important." Compares Trump to "dictators around the world who pull the levers of power to stay in power." Calls Trump "desperate, doing anything he can to hold onto power--to the point of what I consider grossly illegal actions today"
I agree completely. I prefer impeachment asap, to prevent him from running again.

Martial law is not necessary. There are sufficient police & NG in DC, MD, & VA (via mutual support agreements) to give the DC Mayor the necessary security forces to maintain order.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:36 pm After years of watching BLM & Antifa "peaceful protests" , what did you expect ?
Oh, I expected that you'd have a lame excuse at the ready. Thanks for meeting expectations.

Please. By all means, keep telling these people are elections are fake. Keep stoking the fire.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:00 pm
31m
I agree completely. I prefer impeachment asap, to prevent him from running again.

Martial law is not necessary. There are sufficient police & NG in DC, MD, & VA (via mutual support agreements) to give the DC Mayor the necessary security forces to maintain order.
It wouldn’t shock me. Politics
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:14 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:36 pm After years of watching BLM & Antifa "peaceful protests" , what did you expect ?
Oh, I expected that you'd have a lame excuse at the ready. Thanks for meeting expectations.

Please. By all means, keep telling these people are elections are fake. Keep stoking the fire.
It doesn't matter what I say, or you, for that matter.

They react to what they see is tolerated, rationalized, & even implicitly encouraged & celebrated, then reply in kind.

"peaceful protests", at a time when other public gatherings were restricted or banned, were allowed & celebrated.

We are now reaping the whirlwind. So you don't think these are just kids blowing off steam ?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Some of us said he needed to be removed in a straight jacket quite awhile ago.
He's not able to comprehend the reality that he's not the king and that the only
throne he's got is the gold one that no one wants to see him sitting on. This nut
needs to be gone yesterday.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

But his enablers will keep him in power until (at least) Jan.20.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:17 pm Woman killed in riot today is Ashli Babbit from San Diego.
I had posted that I suspected many people storming the capitol were ex-military...but decided to delete it after I typed it. Really sad. Trump cost that lady her life.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:20 pm They react to what they see is tolerated, rationalized, & even implicitly encouraged & celebrated, then reply in kind.

"peaceful protests", at a time when other public gatherings were restricted or banned, were allowed & celebrated.

We are now reaping the whirlwind. So you don't think these are just kids blowing off steam ?
Right. Today happened because of Black Lives Matter.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and check out of this conversation.....
njbill

Post by njbill »

I sure am hoping we get to hear from Sen. Tommy the Tub Man tonight. I hear his oratory skills are Cicero-like. His wordsmithing reminds people of Winston Churchill. Move over Gettysburg address.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

US Senate votes 93-6 to reject the Republican effort to block counting Arizona’s electoral votes for Joe Biden.

The 6 US senators who voted in favor of the effort:

• Sen. Cruz, R-Texas
• Sen. Hawley, R-Missouri
• Sen. Kennedy, R-Louisiana
• Sen. Hyde-Smith, R-Mississippi
• Sen. Marshall, R-Kansas
• Sen. Tuberville, R-Alabama
Last edited by Matnum PI on Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

I suspect this riot today is going to cost Trump some and perhaps a significant number of supporters. Like all such events, a lot of those folks were lookie-loos, they won't be back. It will in the future be more dangerous for Trump supporters. The authorities will be less "understanding". The folks at home in rural areas are going to be turned off by the violence.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

a fan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:32 pm Right. Today happened because of Black Lives Matter.
Hear, hear...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:27 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:17 pm Woman killed in riot today is Ashli Babbit from San Diego.
I had posted that I suspected many people storming the capitol were ex-military...but decided to delete it after I typed it. Really sad. Trump cost that lady her life.
Actually, a gal (or anyone) who was a "high level security officer" in the military would/should realize that storming, and then ending up, "inside the U.S. Capitol" is putting her life on the line. This is the hill she chose to die on, her choice. Not saying Trump isn't the instigator, but you've really got to be smarter than that. Idiotic move by all of them, dead or alive.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:32 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:20 pm They react to what they see is tolerated, rationalized, & even implicitly encouraged & celebrated, then reply in kind.

It happened because mob violence, aka peaceful protests, has been tolerated, normalized & tacitly encouraged.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:35 pm I sure am hoping we get to hear from Sen. Tommy the Tub Man tonight. I hear his oratory skills are Cicero-like. His wordsmithing reminds people of Winston Churchill. Move over Gettysburg address.
:lol:
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:51 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:27 pm
Actually, a gal (or anyone) who was a "high level security officer" in the military would/should realize that storming, and then ending up, "inside the U.S. Capitol" is putting her life on the line. This is the hill she chose to die on, her choice. Not saying Trump isn't the instigator, but you've really got to be smarter than that. Idiotic move by all of them, dead or alive.
Yep. Really.... ready to die for that guy.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:52 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:32 pm

It happened because mob violence, aka peaceful protests, has been tolerated, normalized & tacitly encouraged.
Those were fine people
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”