2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Matnum PI

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by Matnum PI »

Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Matthews has resigned from her White House position. @MSNBC

[More coming...]
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
old salt

Post by old salt »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:23 pm Image

El Norte Recuerda
@Vanessid
34m
Reminder fo what capitol "security" in full military-grade riot gear looked like for Black Lives Matter protests this summer.
Why didn't the DC mayor request the DC NG in advance of the rally ? She only requested 340, unarmed, & put only 100 on the street to direct traffic, freeing up Metro Police for crowd control.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:29 pm Vlad, who purportedly was forever scarred by humiliating scenes of the Soviet Union's collapse, must see what is happening in the U.S. Capitol today as utter triumph and laughing his rump off!!!!
Vlad thought these were reruns of the Orange revolution. Where's Victoria Nuland handing out sandwiches to the protesters in Maidan.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:33 pm When you have a minute, start watching at the 56 minute mark.

Kimberly and Junior's remarks at the Trump rally that preceded the storming of the Capital.

Salty -- were you there in person?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht20eDYmLXU
No. Been watching on tv. My internet was out until just now. Comcast digging in my neighborhood.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:32 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:32 pm That it did. Unfortunately some still don't seem to have learned their lesson.
I dunno, JHU. I see a lot of politicians who seem scared straight.
Propalinal pusillanimous expedience.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
old salt

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump Gets FIRED, Zombie GOP lives on.

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:28 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:00 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:01 am
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:35 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:44 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:57 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:10 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:39 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:37 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:14 pm Can we start talking about the “Trump Library”?
Not going to be at Fordham. More likely going to be a Biden Library at Penn.

Maybe a for-profit MAGA-land in Branson, Missouri?
Or turn Mar-A-Lago into the library...
I like both of these ideas. The Branson location would make some money.
:lol: ...the responses to this question illustrate why the expected blue wave wasn't even a ripple.
Not a ripple. Time for you to retire, I think, and dog walk full time.

Biden defeated an incumbent, with every ordinary advantage of incumbency together with a willingness to bend the entirety of the apparatus of the Presidency, from imaging to public money to his reelection campaign. He defeated a relentless liar and cheat. He overcame a cultish devotion of people unwilling to understand the truth both about their hero and about the consequences to them in real terms. In the process Biden flipped four states (AZ, MI, WI, PA) taken by Trump in 2016, and won (or appears to have won) Georgia. That's right: an incumbent Republican couldn't (it appears, at least for now) easily defend Georgia. Your comment is a fail at humor, a fail at anything serious. Maybe get some sleep; read VDH -- it'll help with somnolence.
:lol: ...everyone admires a sore winner. It takes a sense of humor to recognize humor. Your condescending attitude of personally attacking anyone who does not agree with you is representative of the massive disconnect that prevented the blue wave that your favorite media told us was inevitable.

This election was a rejection of Trump the man, not his policies, which I, among others, supported. It was made possible by a pandemic which decimated the economy & flooded the electorate with millions of unsolicited junk mail ballots which would not have been cast in normal times.

The advantage of incumbency ? Being at the helm when China released the pandemic ? Had Trump followed his predecessor's model & unleashed the FBI, CIA & State Dept on his opponent, while purchasing disinformation from a foreign power, imprinting the IC's imprimatur on it, then feeding it to a supplicant MSM -- then he would have used the advantages of incumbency, as his predecessor did in 2016, on behalf of his opponent.

You & Nancy Pelosi should read more VDH to understand why a safe was dropped on your heads.
China 'released the pandemic'...''nuff said.
Ahh, maybe not enough...you're the king of personal, condescending attacks on others.

And the king of whining.

"flooded the electorate with millions of unsolicited junk mail ballots which would not have been cast in normal times."

In PA? In Georgia?

You've exposed yourself over and over again as motivated by much more than "policies" (which you do a sound job of arguing). Nope, you're in the culture war game. Again and again.
Spoken like a true China apologist. China didn't release the pandemic ? If not, has your family business gone back yet ?
You pushed the story that it was just a few Chinese mid-level bureaucrats who failed to contain the spread, then blamed Trump for every US death, while ignoring even worse stats in EU democracies.

You are unable to de-personalize things. Trumpism wasn't just Trump. He was the flawed messenger who was able to break through the noise & shatter the establishment status quo.

If you can't see that Trump personally was repudiated , & not Trumpism, you'll never understand why the GOP left you in the desert with the bitter Lincoln Project never-Trumpers. You may as well drop the pretense & declare yourself a Dem.

The culture war drives policy, ...& your side deploys rioters & looters to fight it out in the street when they don't get their way legally, while you make excuses for it & try to equate them to irrelevant internet boogey men.
Oh well....sounded good at the time.
It only took 4 years to happen.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:35 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:31 pm Trump is not going to be forgiven for this. It is not going to be let to slide. He will have to answer for it.

Jeh Johnson calls it "insurrection bordering on sedition". Trump "incited it".
Jeh has this one wrong. Those junk mail votes are the problem.
Good point. Junk mail ekection produced this. As usual, I agree with Jeh.
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:16 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:02 pm Seems even you are smarter than the DC police :lol:
I'm smart enough to know that protecting the Capitol is not the job of the Washington DC city police, it's the job of the United States Capitol Police: https://www.uscp.gov
Metro DC police controls the streets around & leading to the capital & works in seamless mutual support with the Capitol Police. The DC Mayor can request the DC NG in advance, which she did, but unarmed, in insufficient numbers & not deployed in advance for crowd control.
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:15 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:59 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:34 pm I don’t understand how Trumpers could get inside the Capitol and inside the Senate floor without getting shot. I have serious questions about the forces designated to protect the Capitol. I have to believe a different course of action would have happened if the people protesting were of a different color.
I just don't know. I have little knowledge of how the Capitol police do their jobs. Again remember, the Capitol is not very secure. It is normally open to the public. I am sure that will have changed when the Capitol reopens. It is admittedly suspicious behavior.
After 9/11 it changed significantly. I have many CHP friends, one still high ranking.

Be careful, CU88 might call you an idiot if you question them.
Police in riot gear needed to barricade the base of the Capital steps as soon as the mob departed the rally & started moving toward the Capital. CP & MPD, backed by NG of needed.

On FNC's coverage from the rally scene after the mob departed, the song playing on the PA was "What becomes of the broken hearted, who have left & now departed".
old salt

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump Gets FIRED.

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:55 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:39 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:32 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:18 pm I'm not saying "my side is without sin" (whatever that means, in your nuance free universe).
I see. So you're the only one who gets to make sweeping generalizations, and pretend that the *ssholes in Antifa are the same thing as Democrats.
old salt wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:18 pm It does not justify the rioting, looting, burning out or cities, or random murders in retribution.
...or accepting, enabling or making excuses for them.
Yeah, but you're holding the Dems accountable for the actions of fringe elements.

This mean that YOU are accountable for neo-Nazis that support Trump?

Of course not. So stop with this stuff.
old salt wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:18 pm Look at how the Dems are now distancing themselves from defunding the police.
See? Now you're stuck. You just told me that the Dems support and enable fringe elements.

Clearly not. If they did, they'd embrace the phrase Defund the Police.

Its an election year, so the right has been working 24/7 to conflate the Dems with Antifa and arsonist.

And the left has been working 24/7 to conflate Republicans with white power ***holes.

Isn't it possible that you're both acting like idiots, and lying your *sses off? ;)
Biden won. No riots. Where's Antifa ? Why all the plywood ? Have the Proud Boys mobilized ?
Spoke too soon
It only took 4 years. Still pretty tame compared to a BLM/Antifa protest, just more effective.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump Gets FIRED, Zombie GOP lives on.

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:40 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:28 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:00 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:01 am
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:35 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:44 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:57 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:10 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:39 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:37 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:14 pm Can we start talking about the “Trump Library”?
Not going to be at Fordham. More likely going to be a Biden Library at Penn.

Maybe a for-profit MAGA-land in Branson, Missouri?
Or turn Mar-A-Lago into the library...
I like both of these ideas. The Branson location would make some money.
:lol: ...the responses to this question illustrate why the expected blue wave wasn't even a ripple.
Not a ripple. Time for you to retire, I think, and dog walk full time.

Biden defeated an incumbent, with every ordinary advantage of incumbency together with a willingness to bend the entirety of the apparatus of the Presidency, from imaging to public money to his reelection campaign. He defeated a relentless liar and cheat. He overcame a cultish devotion of people unwilling to understand the truth both about their hero and about the consequences to them in real terms. In the process Biden flipped four states (AZ, MI, WI, PA) taken by Trump in 2016, and won (or appears to have won) Georgia. That's right: an incumbent Republican couldn't (it appears, at least for now) easily defend Georgia. Your comment is a fail at humor, a fail at anything serious. Maybe get some sleep; read VDH -- it'll help with somnolence.
:lol: ...everyone admires a sore winner. It takes a sense of humor to recognize humor. Your condescending attitude of personally attacking anyone who does not agree with you is representative of the massive disconnect that prevented the blue wave that your favorite media told us was inevitable.

This election was a rejection of Trump the man, not his policies, which I, among others, supported. It was made possible by a pandemic which decimated the economy & flooded the electorate with millions of unsolicited junk mail ballots which would not have been cast in normal times.

The advantage of incumbency ? Being at the helm when China released the pandemic ? Had Trump followed his predecessor's model & unleashed the FBI, CIA & State Dept on his opponent, while purchasing disinformation from a foreign power, imprinting the IC's imprimatur on it, then feeding it to a supplicant MSM -- then he would have used the advantages of incumbency, as his predecessor did in 2016, on behalf of his opponent.

You & Nancy Pelosi should read more VDH to understand why a safe was dropped on your heads.
China 'released the pandemic'...''nuff said.
Ahh, maybe not enough...you're the king of personal, condescending attacks on others.

And the king of whining.

"flooded the electorate with millions of unsolicited junk mail ballots which would not have been cast in normal times."

In PA? In Georgia?

You've exposed yourself over and over again as motivated by much more than "policies" (which you do a sound job of arguing). Nope, you're in the culture war game. Again and again.
Spoken like a true China apologist. China didn't release the pandemic ? If not, has your family business gone back yet ?
You pushed the story that it was just a few Chinese mid-level bureaucrats who failed to contain the spread, then blamed Trump for every US death, while ignoring even worse stats in EU democracies.

You are unable to de-personalize things. Trumpism wasn't just Trump. He was the flawed messenger who was able to break through the noise & shatter the establishment status quo.

If you can't see that Trump personally was repudiated , & not Trumpism, you'll never understand why the GOP left you in the desert with the bitter Lincoln Project never-Trumpers. You may as well drop the pretense & declare yourself a Dem.

The culture war drives policy, ...& your side deploys rioters & looters to fight it out in the street when they don't get their way legally, while you make excuses for it & try to equate them to irrelevant internet boogey men.
Oh well....sounded good at the time.
It only took 4 years to happen.
You run into traffic getting back! Helter-skelter. Your cultural warriors must have made you proud!
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:37 pm

El Norte Recuerda
@Vanessid
34m
Reminder fo what capitol "security" in full military-grade riot gear looked like for Black Lives Matter protests this summer.
Why didn't the DC mayor request the DC NG in advance of the rally ? She only requested 340, unarmed, & put only 100 on the street to direct traffic, freeing up Metro Police for crowd control.
Uh, security of the Capitol and its grounds are the purview of the Capitol Police.

And, she should expect sedition from tRump and his enabling minions? You sure you were at home? Got any witnesses?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:43 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:37 pm

El Norte Recuerda
@Vanessid
34m
Uh, security of the Capitol and its grounds are the purview of the Capitol Police.

And, she should expect sedition from tRump and his enabling minions? You sure you were at home? Got any witnesses?
Wanted to break that MAGA hat out for a good cause!
“I wish you would!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:37 pmWhy didn't the DC mayor request the DC NG in advance of the rally ? She only requested 340, unarmed, & put only 100 on the street to direct traffic, freeing up Metro Police for crowd control.
I think we'll get an answer to this in the coming days and weeks.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:39 pm Propalinal pusillanimous expedience.
Maybe. Maybe just a temporary moment of clarity. My hope is that they'll remember this moment. I think a *lot* of GOPers were looking for a reason to separate themselves from trump and this is a pretty good one.
Caddy Day
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:48 pm
Maybe. Maybe just a temporary moment of clarity. My hope is that they'll remember this moment. I think a *lot* of GOPers were looking for a reason to separate themselves from trump and this is a pretty good one.
I would prefer if they took this opportunity to separate themselves from this mortal coil.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Nick Schifrin @nickschifrin
31m
Former Joint Chiefs Chair Mike Mullen tells @JudyWoodruff Trump "incited" failed insurrection, says Trump "not in position to lead the next 14 days." Warns "I don't think we're done. Today was not it. We need to act in a preventive way to prevent more from happening." Says discussion of 25th amendment "very, very important." Compares Trump to "dictators around the world who pull the levers of power to stay in power." Calls Trump "desperate, doing anything he can to hold onto power--to the point of what I consider grossly illegal actions today"
Caddy Day
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Starting with Lady Lindsey.

Needs to forking shuttit and zippit.
Last edited by PizzaSnake on Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:52 pm I would prefer if they took this opportunity to separate themselves from this mortal coil.
i think that's exactly what they will do, Dems and Reps alike, together. i hope.
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:48 pm
Impeachment should be on the table. You won’t get much push back from Republicans. Will take Trump off the board for 2024. They may gash him now. He served his purpose.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”