2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:35 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:28 pm It clearly is the case that DC police, Capitol and Metro were not prepared, under manned. The question is, was that by plan? I am for the time being assuming they just screwed up, it was human error. I suspect the Senate or House will hold hearings after Biden assumes the presidency.

Remember the Capitol building is normally open to the citizenry.
Yes. Just came in on my text... I am hearing from a friend that is a retired higher up CHP top brass, that the current CHP Chief issued a "stand down order".
I'm sure he/she did. We're LUCKY they made that call. What would have happened today if CHP pushed back, or simply drawn guns? Now what?

We were very, very lucky as a nation today. Whomever made the call to stand down should get a freaking medal.

....but the question is, who the F was responsible for planning BEFORE today, when it was too late?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Those were preparations for dangerous black folks.

This video strikes me, somehow, as wrong; can't quite put my finger on it:

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/13 ... 8461419520

We have a big problem in this country that you helped to advance. But you go to church. Well done.
calourie

Post by calourie »

ggait wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:17 pm Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
10m
These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long. Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!

Trump of course is scum.

But the root cause is that people like McConnell, McCarthy, Cruz, Hawley, Hannity, etc. are endorsing the same lies. Even the more reasonable GOP-ers keep saying how serious the election concerns are. So they are also falsely yelling fire in the theater.

Blood is on all of their hands.
I'm pretty sure that Trump is absolutely incapable of ever acknowledging his defeat, which strongly suggests a need to remove him from office as quickly as possible after today's utter debacle. I suspect the notion of impeachment or the invocation of the 25th amendment or things of that nature will be seriously discussed over the next few days. Looks like congress wants to get on finishing today's electoral certification ASAP as they should, and then we will see what happens.
Last edited by calourie on Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:28 pm It clearly is the case that DC police, Capitol and Metro were not prepared, under manned. The question is, was that by plan? I am for the time being assuming they just screwed up, it was human error. I suspect the Senate or House will hold hearings after Biden assumes the presidency.

Yes. Just came in on my text... I am hearing from a friend that is a retired higher up CHP top brass, that the current CHP Chief issued a "stand down order".
... for what reason?
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ggait

Post by ggait »

What would have happened today if CHP pushed back, or simply drawn guns? Now what?
Especially since the MAGAs are prone to bring their guns with them everywhere they go.

Could have turned into a shooting gallery real fast.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:53 pm

... for what reason?
To allow the seditionists inside. There are videos circulating that paint the CHP in a poor light vis a vis their interactions with the rioters when they got inside the Capitol.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:37 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:35 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:32 pm Crenshaw (R-TX) frothing...calling these protesters delusional cowards and blasting the protestors as unconstitutional morons.
.... he has changed his tune. Trying to get on the right side of history. He talks out of both sides of his mouth.
Changing his tune how? Source?
... from day one of his tenure he has been playing footsie with these same Trumpnista clowns he now finds fault with. Giving them verbal support. Now they are morons. Like the behavior of these people wasn't known or knowable.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:45 pm
CU88 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:39 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:18 pm
CU77 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:16 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:02 pm Seems even you are smarter than the DC police :lol:
I'm smart enough to know that protecting the Capitol is not the job of the Washington DC city police, it's the job of the United States Capitol Police: https://www.uscp.gov
:roll: The capitol police are not staffed for this, that is why they call DC MPD and surrounding jurisdictions all the time.
You are an idiot.

The Capitol Police are more than capable to preventing this. They only protect the Congress. Since 9-11 they have ramped up in every manner to prevent this. A certain person incited them to act today and march on the Capitol proper. Even when there are marches and other events the supplemental forces from the DVM is minor and mainly traffic control. National Park Police provide more support, and they don't carry weapons.

Today, the USCP is comprised of more than 2,300 officers and civilian employees, and has an annual budget of approximately $460 million.

The USCP is responsible for protecting Congress and the public, and maintaining order while protecting the U.S. Capitol – the seat of our nation’s government.
Thanks.

So tell us then, why they could not stop it this time?

Maybe you missed my post earlier... here it is again.

Yup. Have we not forgot what the Lincoln Memorial looked like during the BLM protests....with armed law enforcement. Almost makes you think, they wanted some sshit to go down. For reference.

You tell me, who is in charge of the Federal Government???
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Cathy McMorris Rodgers has announced she has now decided she will support certification of the election results.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:00 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:53 pm

... for what reason?
To allow the seditionists inside. There are videos circulating that paint the CHP in a poor light vis a vis their interactions with the rioters when they got inside the Capitol.
... that would be one reason and I am hoping that is not the explanation.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Sorry, but I’m getting a laugh from the several references to the “CHP.” Has there been a recent Eric Estrada sighting?

It’s CP, which stands for Capitol Police, not CHP.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Last edited by PizzaSnake on Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Good; keep it up:

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/edit ... 17375.html

"No one other than President Donald Trump himself is more responsible for Wednesday’s coup attempt at the U.S. Capitol than one Joshua David Hawley, the 41-year-old junior senator from Missouri, who put out a fundraising appeal while the siege was underway.

This, Sen. Hawley, is what law-breaking and destruction look like. This is what mobs do. This is not a protest, but a riot. One woman was shot and has died, The Washington Post reported, while lawmakers were sheltering in place.

No longer can it be asked, as George Will did recently of Hawley, “Has there ever been such a high ratio of ambition to accomplishment?” Hawley’s actions in the last week had such impact that he deserves an impressive share of the blame for the blood that’s been shed.

Hawley was first to say that he would oppose the certification of Joe Biden’s Electoral College win. That action, motivated by ambition, set off much that followed — the rush of his fellow presidential aspirant Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and other members of the Sedition Caucus to put a show of loyalty to the president above all else.

After mayhem broke out, Hawley put out this uncharacteristically brief statement: “Thank you to the brave law enforcement officials who have put their lives on the line. The violence must end, those who attacked police and broke the law must be prosecuted, and Congress must get back to work and finish its job.” So modest, Senator, failing to note your key role in inspiring one of the most heartbreaking days in modern American history. We lost something precious on Wednesday, as condolence notes to our democracy from our friends around the world recognize.

Among those Hawley got to emulate him was Kansas Sen. Roger Marshall, whose very first act as a member of the world’s greatest deliberative body was to sell out his country by attempting to overturn the outcome of a legitimate election.

This revolt is the result, and if you didn’t know this is where we’ve been headed from the start, it’s because you didn’t want to know.

“The Frankenstein just tore down the doors to the palace,” U.S. Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, a Democrat from Missouri, told The Star. Which happened because, as he said, “One-third of the nation has bought into a bald-faced lie, and they are living in a fact-free America.”

“I’m currently safe and sheltering in place while we wait to receive further instruction from Capitol Police,” tweeted U.S. Rep. Sharice Davids, a Democrat from Kansas. “Today is a dark day for our country. It’s unacceptable that we have a President who has repeatedly condoned and even encouraged this despicable behavior. It must stop.”

We’ll say again what Davids is too polite to say: Trump did not manage this madness on his own. Far from it.
"
Just before the putsch began, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said sadly that we need to once again work from an agreed upon set of facts. Only now has he noticed that lying to the public on a daily basis poisons democracy.

“People have taken this too far,” House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said on Fox News. Until he had to run for cover, McCarthy was fine with this sick stunt.

U.S. Rep. Andy Barr, a Republican from Kentucky, said in a statement, “Today’s events at the U.S. Capitol are tragic, outrageous, and devastating. They are wholly inconsistent with the values of our constitutional Republic.”

Yes, they are. But they are wholly consistent with Trump’s calls to overturn this election to address nonexistent fraud. And they are wholly predictable, given the willingness of most Republicans to repeat these baseless claims.

When we wrote that Hawley’s actions were dangerous — and that those of Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt and others were too, in their pretending for far too long that the election wasn’t over — some readers found that absurd. “Oh my goodness, how will democracy and our country survive?” one reader wrote in sarcasm. “How will Biden possibly govern? The Star editorial board’s hysteria over nothing is approaching CNN levels.”

No doubt plenty of Americans will see even this free-for-all in the temple of democracy as defensible. And those of you who have excused all of the brazen lawlessness of this administration can take a little bit of credit for these events, too. They couldn’t have done it without you.

Hawley, Marshall and other Republicans who upheld Trump’s con about widespread fraud knew all along that his claims were bogus. Now that they’ve seen exactly where those lies have landed us, decency demands that they try to prevent further violence by making clear that Joe Biden did not win by cheating. Please, gentlemen, surprise us."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

njbill wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:13 pm Sorry, but I’m getting a laugh from the several references to the “CHP.” Has there been a recent Eric Estrada sighting?

Yeah, what a faux pas. Trouble like this and that’s your concern?
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Trump will be gone by this time tomorrow.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Josh Hawley put out a fund raising email once the riot started. Seacoaster you beat me to it.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:18 pm Trump will be gone by this time tomorrow.
... that appears quite possible.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
njbill

Post by njbill »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:17 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:13 pm Sorry, but I’m getting a laugh from the several references to the “CHP.” Has there been a recent Eric Estrada sighting?

Yeah, what a faux pas. Trouble like this and that’s your concern?
Read my other posts from today and get back to me.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:18 pm Josh Hawley put out a fund raising email once the riot started. Seacoaster you beat me to it.
So did Cruz:

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1 ... 2315202562

These guys are complete pieces of sh*t.

Return to “POLITICS”