"The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: "The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:26 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:07 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:50 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:21 pm
holmes435 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:15 pm You guys should have looked into election fraud when you controlled all of Congress and the White House...
:lol: All the Republican posters here are pretending like we didn't have this conversation last election.

And what did I tell them then? That their party won't lift a single finger to "fix" these fake complaints.

Why? Because they are fake complaints, designed to strengthen the tinfoil hat base, that's why.

What did the Republican party do instead? :lol: The closed polls and access to election sites. Oh yeah, this is a Sooper-Dooper serious problem, fellas.

I've got $1000 on the table for anyone who wants to wager whether or not these complaints and fake problems are still there next election, assuming that Republicans lose elections.

The only "solution" to these fake problems? Republican wins.

It's all so stupid.
Agreed.

Jimmy Carter agreed it is a recipe for corruption....back in 2005.

We are the masters of complicating our own lives.
And he would be wrong unless the facts show otherwise....how are mail in votes doing in Oregon and Colorado....

https://multco.us/elections/brief-histo ... ail-oregon
Multnomah County :lol: :lol: ...you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Did you notice all those stats on their page was prior to Jimmies results of election commission in 2005. You should take a walk and get some fresh air TLD, maybe the CO2 is getting above 1000ppm under that n95 mask. ;)
Yes. I did. Have you noticed any wide spread issues of voter fraud. The point was that it wasn’t problematic before or after but warrants vigilance.....like many things. Voting by mail isn’t anything new....Try to keep up. What is your take on the dismantling of the VRA?
Yea....no issues at all with it, mmm, okay. CV-19 only complicated everything even more.

WRT to VRA - I am in favor of cleaning it all up, you have a valid ID, and meet the requirement to cast a vote, you get a single vote, simple as that. I say, scan your federal ID like a cop does or write it in on a requested absentee ballot, absentee ballots goes through an OCR machine and tabulates them. If there are duplicates while the machine is doing a checksum query (like a fingerprint scan), you can then sort through them accordingly.

We've grossly overcomplicated that matter.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:55 pm
holmes435 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:15 pm You guys should have looked into election fraud when you controlled all of Congress and the White House...
:lol: All the Republican posters here are pretending like we didn't have this conversation last election.

And what did I tell them then? That their party won't lift a single finger to "fix" these fake complaints.

Why? Because they are fake complaints, designed to strengthen the tinfoil hat base, that's why.

What did the Republican party do instead? :lol: The closed polls and access to election sites. Oh yeah, this is a Sooper-Dooper serious problem, fellas.

I've got $1000 on the table for anyone who wants to wager whether or not these complaints and fake problems are still there next election, assuming that Republicans lose elections.

It's all so stupid.
Agreed.

And he would be wrong unless the facts show otherwise....how are mail in votes doing in Oregon and Colorado....

Multnomah County :lol: :lol: ...you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Did you notice all those stats on their page was prior to Jimmies results of election commission in 2005. You should take a walk and get some fresh air TLD, maybe the CO2 is getting above 1000ppm under that n95 mask. ;)
Yes. I did. Have you noticed any wide spread issues of voter fraud. The point was that it wasn’t problematic before or after but warrants vigilance.....like many things. Voting by mail isn’t anything new....Try to keep up. What is your take on the dismantling of the VRA?
Yea....no issues at all with it, mmm, okay. CV-19 only complicated everything even more.

WRT to VRA - I am in favor of cleaning it all up, you have a valid ID, and meet the requirement to cast a vote, you get a single vote, simple as that. I say, scan your federal ID like a cop does or write it in on a requested absentee ballot, absentee ballots goes through an OCR machine and tabulates them. If there are duplicates while the machine is doing a checksum query (like a fingerprint scan), you can then sort through them accordingly.

The VRA made things more complicated? VRA was a cluster Fkuc so it needs to be buttoned up? That’s what you are going with?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:58 pm

It's all so stupid.
Agreed.

The VRA made things more complicated? VRA was a cluster Fkuc so it needs to be buttoned up? That’s what you are going with?
I passed over your direct question about VRA and explained my stance on cleaning all voting up (bold underline above). Your rabbit hole diversions are played out.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:13 pm

It's all so stupid.
Agreed.

I passed over your direct question about VRA and explained my stance on cleaning all voting up (bold underline above). Your rabbit hole diversions are played out.
You believe mail in voting reform is more impactful that VRA? What exactly has been proven to be a systematic problem with mail in voting? What aspect of the VRA needs to be cleaned up?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:12 pm

It's all so stupid.
Agreed.

You believe mail in voting reform is more impactful that VRA? What exactly has been proven to be a systematic problem with mail in voting? What aspect of the VRA needs to be cleaned up?
Evidentially a bunch of it, according to damned near all the Dems in the House, so says H.R.4
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:59 pm

It's all so stupid.
Agreed.

Evidentially a bunch of it, according to damned near all the Dems in the House, so says H.R.4
It’s obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about. Have fun watching the election returns. I am sure I will find out in the morning.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:13 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:59 pm

It's all so stupid.
Agreed.

It’s obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about. Have fun watching the election returns. I am sure I will find out in the morning.
Teach me, what am I missing? About to watch a few episodes of Breaking Bad. Haven’t turned on any news in 3 plus weeks.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:18 pm Haven’t turned on any news in 3 plus weeks.
Smart. Me, too. It's been great!
CU88

Post by CU88 »

a fan wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:50 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:18 pm Haven’t turned on any news in 3 plus weeks.
Smart indeed.

I finally watched The Wire, and now understand the Forum Topic "Hamsterdam"
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
DMac

Post by DMac »

Haven't watched the news but for bits and pieces here and there for months, it's good for the head.
Now get rid of Twitter and the rest of places all the keyboard experts like to throw fuel on the fire
of doom, gloom, and negativity and you might find you're a little more relaxed and smile a little more.
Typical Lax Dad

CU88 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:20 am
Smart indeed.

I need to get back to The Wire. I got through the first two seasons. If you are looking for pure entertainment, try Money Heist. Spanish series on Netflix. Better in Spanish with subtitles.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Watching and re-watching the Coen Bro movies.
Saw many, but catching up on some of the more esoteric ones I missed. Some good ones. Some duds.
Watched "A Serious Man" last night. Missed it when it came out. Slow roller. But enjoyed it. Probably would have resonated more if I had grown up in a Jewish household. But still entertaining.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:28 am Watching and re-watching the Coen Bro movies.
Saw many, but catching up on some of the more esoteric ones I missed. Some good ones. Some duds.
Watched "A Serious Man" last night. Missed it when it came out. Slow roller. But enjoyed it. Probably would have resonated more if I had grown up in a Jewish household. But still entertaining.
What are your top 4 or 5? They have made so many good movies. Blood Simple was excellent. Intolerable Cruelty was sneaky good. Those are lesser known. I liked almost all of their films.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:14 am
Smart indeed.

I need to get back to The Wire. I got through the first two seasons. If you are looking for pure entertainment, try Money Heist. Spanish series on Netflix. Better in Spanish with subtitles.
Season three is when Marlowes story really picks up.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:12 am
Smart indeed.

I plan to get back to it.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:36 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:28 am Watching and re-watching the Coen Bro movies.
What are your top 4 or 5?
I think you can swap them all around depending on your preferences.
Rough order for me:

Blood Simple
No Country
O Brother
True Grit
Barton Fink
Lebowski
Fargo
Raising AZ
Serious Man

Still have to watch Buster Scruggs and Man Who Wasn't There

Some goofy and weird period takes thrown in there. But many have a real melancholy and/or unsettling mood.
For those unfamiliar, regardless of mood, none are really light and frivolous watches. That is, they usually require some attention to enjoy.
But enjoyable if you're looking for some movies that aren't just what they appear on the surface.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:13 am
Smart indeed.

I could rewatch The Wire every couple years. Good stuff. And there's a lot to catch. I didn't watch it when it first came out. When I finally caught up to it on Amazon Prime a few years ago, it completely ruined my sleep schedule- I couldn't stop watching! Even the "lesser" seasons focusing on the docks and newspaper, were enjoyable. Truthfully I thought the first few episodes of Season 1 were the worst and hardest to get through.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:23 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:13 am
Smart indeed.

I could rewatch The Wire every couple years. Good stuff. And there's a lot to catch. I didn't watch it when it first came out. When I finally caught up to it on Amazon Prime a few years ago, it completely ruined my sleep schedule- I couldn't stop watching! Even the "lesser" seasons focusing on the docks and newspaper, were enjoyable. Truthfully I thought the first few episodes of Season 1 were the worst and hardest to get through.
Thanks. I will get back to them.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:19 am
Rough order for me:

Blood Simple
No Country
O Brother
True Grit
Barton Fink
Lebowski
Fargo
Raising AZ
Serious Man

Some goofy and weird period takes thrown in there. But many have a real melancholy and/or unsettling mood.
For those unfamiliar, regardless of mood, none are really light and frivolous watches. That is, they usually require some attention to enjoy.
But enjoyable if you're looking for some movies that aren't just what they appear on the surface.
I saw all of them except Serious Man. Liked them all. Miller’s Crossing was excellent too.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:19 am
Rough order for me:

Blood Simple
No Country
O Brother
True Grit
Barton Fink
Lebowski
Fargo
Raising AZ
Serious Man

Lebowski has to remain #1 for me.

Buster Scruggs is good
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “POLITICS”