2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by ggait »

My guess is that the slush fund is going to go primarily to Trump family members and properties.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:32 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:02 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:20 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:06 am
I don't like Trump or hold him in high regard, but I think just as little of his opponents & I strongly disagree with many of their policies.
Salty -- honest questions for you:

1. What do you think of Trump's call with the Ga Secy of State? Unethical? yes Illegal? no Impeachable (putting aside the time constraint of Trump's term about to end)? no Something pols do all the time? yes. hardball politics. normally not taped & leaked. In this case, I don't fault the GA SoS for the leak. It was unclassified & did not impact national security. It was incredibly stupid for Trump, but not surprising. It should damage him politically & haunt him going forward. Makes Trump looks bad, deservedly so.

2. What did you think of Trump's call with Zelensky? hardball diplomacy. It happens all the time. It's just not leaked & criminalized. Congressional pressure was forcing the approval of the aid before the deadline. The stuff on Hunter was real, is now coming out, & asking for it was no different than receiving the black ledger on Manafort..

3. You think what Boxer did in 2005 is pretty much the same thing as what Trump, 12 Senators and 140 House members are doing now?
In principle, yes. they are using the process to go on the record, put down a marker & focus attention on an issue. imho -- it is being hyped into much more than it actually is.

When answering, please reflect the context.

So, for example, on #3 recognize that Kerry conceded on election night while Trump still claims as of tonight that he won GA and the whole election. Or on #1 that Trump has spent 2 months and 60 losing lawsuits claiming he won and was robbed. Or that #2 is a behavior pattern seen often from Trump -- #2 is basically the same shtick as #1 for example.Gore conceded, then took ot back. HRC conceded, the called Trump illegit his entire term & encouraged Biden not to concede, regardless of the results.
You really think it is ordinary, run of the mill "hardball politics" to have the President of the United States calling, with his Chief of Staff and lawyers on the phone, and asking a State election official to find a specific number of votes for him? You are out of your mind, or a closet (pretty well ajar, now) authoritarian.

And it is plainly and clearly impeachable conduct. You need to read up.
It depends on how you interpret "find". You are a zealot who thinks everything must be criminalized.
What do you think he means? Based on my knowledge of the man dating back to his Pre tv real estate years it is hard to see any meaning other than “by hook or crook”. Particularly “in the context” of his other comments such as
“There’s nothing wrong with saying that you’ve recalculated.”

And perhaps we should clarify here if you believe there’s a difference between truth/law of man and artificial codified law? Because it’s easy but obtuse to argue that those words would mean lots of things and believing in the grand scheme of things that his intent was quite clear.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:54 pm
I don't like Trump or hold him in high regard, but I think just as little of his opponents & I strongly disagree with many of their policies.

1. What do you think of Trump's call with the Ga Secy of State? Unethical? yes Illegal? no Impeachable (putting aside the time constraint of Trump's term about to end)? no Something pols do all the time? yes. hardball politics. normally not taped & leaked. In this case, I don't fault the GA SoS for the leak. It was unclassified & did not impact national security. It was incredibly stupid for Trump, but not surprising. It should damage him politically & haunt him going forward. Makes Trump looks bad, deservedly so.

2. What did you think of Trump's call with Zelensky? hardball diplomacy. It happens all the time. It's just not leaked & criminalized. Congressional pressure was forcing the approval of the aid before the deadline. The stuff on Hunter was real, is now coming out, & asking for it was no different than receiving the black ledger on Manafort..

3. You think what Boxer did in 2005 is pretty much the same thing as what Trump, 12 Senators and 140 House members are doing now?
In principle, yes. they are using the process to go on the record, put down a marker & focus attention on an issue. imho -- it is being hyped into much more than it actually is.

So, for example, on #3 recognize that Kerry conceded on election night while Trump still claims as of tonight that he won GA and the whole election. Or on #1 that Trump has spent 2 months and 60 losing lawsuits claiming he won and was robbed. Or that #2 is a behavior pattern seen often from Trump -- #2 is basically the same shtick as #1 for example.Gore conceded, then took ot back. HRC conceded, the called Trump illegit his entire term & encouraged Biden not to concede, regardless of the results.
You really think it is ordinary, run of the mill "hardball politics" to have the President of the United States calling, with his Chief of Staff and lawyers on the phone, and asking a State election official to find a specific number of votes for him? You are out of your mind, or a closet (pretty well ajar, now) authoritarian.

It depends on how you interpret "find". You are a zealot who thinks everything must be criminalized.
What do you think he means? Based on my knowledge of the man dating back to his Pre tv real estate years it is hard to see any meaning other than “by hook or crook”. Particularly “in the context” of his other comments such as

And perhaps we should clarify here if you believe there’s a difference between truth/law of man and artificial codified law? Because it’s easy but obtuse to argue that those words would mean lots of things and believing in the grand scheme of things that his intent was quite clear.
I'll leave the Trump mind reading to you & your incestuous fantasies.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:00 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:51 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:44 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:31 pmWhat happened to the GA US Attorney on Monday....??
He defended himself brilliantly & blew up Trump's 2024 campaign.
He generated an endless supply of audio clips for anti-Trump ads.
He sank the Bismark !
Or refused to prosecute or threaten the GOP Governor, GOP Sec of State, other GOP election officials in GA as urged by Trump? Mentioned by Trump on the Saturday call released on Sunday when Trump called him a Never Trumper despite having put him in the job himself...

Or just coincidence?
:roll: ...what are you fulminating about now ? No,never mind. Forget I asked.
"fulminating"? I'm not protesting anything...just wondering about the US Attorney for Northern Georgia (Atlanta) who suddenly resigned after the call went public, with Trump's aside about him being a Never Trumper though he was selected by Trump in the first place...what made Trump call him a Never Trumper on Saturday, out of the blue? (BTW, another US attorney in Georgia resigned a month ago...)

https://apnews.com/article/byung-pak-re ... 658d446f56

And of course now it's reported that Trump has selected his successor, not the outgoing US Attorney's top deputies but rather adding these Acting duties to the US Attorney for Southern Georgia, Bobby Christine. Guess he's a full on Trumpist...
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/05/politics ... index.html

So, part of the threat by Trump to prosecute the Sec of State and other Georgia officials?
ggait

Post by ggait »

NY Times has ossoff at 94% win prob.

Warnock beyond 95%.

Minority Leader McConnell!

Time for Justice Breyer to retire.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:08 pm

Thanks. Bad faith discussion.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:29 pm

Consistently.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

ggait wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:24 pm NY Times has ossoff at 94% win prob.

Warnock beyond 95%.
G. Elliott Morris of The Economist (another stats wizard) agrees that both are done deals.

Close enough, though, that Trump's bleating about fraud may have suppressed the R vote enough to make the difference. Such a nice parting gift to McConnell!
ggait

Post by ggait »

Dave Wasserman has seen enough.

Dems rule.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

According to ABC News at this hour, 98% reporting for both races. No news on where the outstanding votes are coming from.

Warnock up 35,132
Perdue up 1,888

Looks excellent for the Dems.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU77 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:33 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:24 pm NY Times has ossoff at 94% win prob.

Warnock beyond 95%.
G. Elliott Morris of The Economist (another stats wizard) agrees that both are done deals.

Close enough, though, that Trump's bleating about fraud may have suppressed the R vote enough to make the difference. Such a nice parting gift to McConnell!
There is some evidence for this when looking at the RED counties he visited and the sub-November results shown by the republicans, he may not have cost them the election but he did suppress the RED vote.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:12 am According to ABC News at this hour, 98% reporting for both races. No news on where the outstanding votes are coming from.

Warnock up 35,132
Perdue up 1,888

Looks excellent for the Dems.
Warnock declaring victory as I write this. No one has called this race yet.

NBC has Perdue up by 1,200 with most of the vote that is left coming out of democratic Atlanta.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:30 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:29 pm

Consistently.
Who cares ? You're beating a dead horse. Don't expect me to join in. Trump is history & damaged goods. He's just digging his hole deeper.
Defile his corpse at your leisure. You don't need my help.
DocBarrister

Democrats Win Senate

Post by DocBarrister »

When all the votes are counted, both Warnock and Ossoff will be U.S. Senators.

The defeat of the The Party of Stupid is now complete.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
ggait

Post by ggait »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:59 am When all the votes are counted, both Warnock and Ossoff will be U.S. Senators.

The defeat of the The Party of Stupid is now complete.

DocBarrister 8-)
Banana Republicans still have that failed coup attempt to look forward to tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing defeated senator loeffler object to Georgia’s results in particular.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

At the risk of singing a tad too early:

“Ding Dong the b!tch is dead
Which old b!tch?
That wicked Mitch!
Ding Dong the wicked Mitch is dead!”

This is a big, BIG deal, with MUCH political intrigue to follow...

Wishing President Biden and the country success and good fortune going forward...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I'm wondering with the Democrat victory in Georgia does this now make Chuck Schumer the new senate majority leader? That will make Chuck a very happy guy, I'm guessing he wants rub Mitch's nose in this defeat. The times they are a changing...
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
calourie

Post by calourie »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:09 am I'm wondering with the Democrat victory in Georgia does this now make Chuck Schumer the new senate majority leader? That will make Chuck a very happy guy, I'm guessing he wants rub Mitch's nose in this defeat. The times they are a changing...
I suppose Schumer will have to wait for two swearings in to happen before he is officially the new senate majority leader. One, both Warnock and Ossoff will have to be sworn in as new senate members, and two Kamala will have to be sworn in as VP which won't happen until Jan. 20, unless of course the Dumpster gets to declare himself POTUS for life in which case all bets are off. I'm not at all sure what McConnell's powers will be once the two dems get sworn in, but it looks as though he doesn't want any more damage done to our voting process than has already been done, which suggests he will relinquish his power as majority leader without a ton of Trumpian hoopla. Good-on-ya Georgia (especially Warnock, Ossoff and Stacy Abrams) as we pseudo Australians like to say for helping reveal Trump as the toothless despot wannabe he should have been relegated to months ago.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

No news on where the outstanding votes are coming from.
Hopefully from voters....
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:27 am
No news on where the outstanding votes are coming from.
Hopefully from voters....
Actually, from urban counties (mostly mail ballots just received) where the D candidates will win ~80%. All legal votes...

Return to “POLITICS”