All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

kramerica.inc

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by kramerica.inc »

When will the US return to normal?

Experts Answer: Not anytime soon.

AND...Mismanagement by the D.C. mayor and the intransigence of teachers' unions have kept schools closed in the District (and elsewhere):

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=us
a fan

Post by a fan »

CU88 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:59 am
Where has the Federal government been these last two months? How is it possible that they did not have a plan for getting these vaccines distributed to Americans?
They chose States rights instead of Federalizing the response soup to nuts. We knew this months ago. This is what Republicans want and we have a Republican in the White House, so here we are. Is this a bad thing? Yes, if you want things to happen quickly. No, if you believe that every State should be treated differently.

Coordinating it all through each State slows everything down. Speaking as someone who has to deal with different rules/taxes, different systems (software, etc.) in all the States we sell our spirit in? I'd KILL to have one single Federal set of rules and standards. It's why the EU was formed. The downside is, each State/Country gives up some sovereignty in the name of efficiency. Pick your poison, I guess.

We CHOSE to do this. And unless they get their act together, and fast? The Feds are going to add six months to this pandemic because they didn't act unilaterally.

Is it worth it? Is State's rights worth it? I sure don't think it's worth it when we're in a pandemic..... we're at war. Full stop.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:11 pm
Where has the Federal government been these last two months? How is it possible that they did not have a plan for getting these vaccines distributed to Americans?
They chose States rights instead of Federalizing the response soup to nuts. We knew this months ago. This is what Republicans want and we have a Republican in the White House, so here we are. Is this a bad thing? Yes, if you want things to happen quickly. No, if you believe that every State should be treated differently.

Coordinating it all through each State slows everything down. Speaking as someone who has to deal with different rules/taxes, different systems (software, etc.) in all the States we sell our spirit in? I'd KILL to have one single Federal set of rules and standards. It's why the EU was formed. The downside is, each State/Country gives up some sovereignty in the name of efficiency. Pick your poison, I guess.

We CHOSE to do this. And unless they get their act together, and fast? The Feds are going to add six months to this pandemic because they didn't act unilaterally.

Is it worth it? Is State's rights worth it? I sure don't think it's worth it when we're in a pandemic..... we're at war. Full stop.
I read earlier here that the head of the federal government is a democrat.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:15 pm

Maybe we should have mail-in vaccinations ....since you all are so dead set on it mail-in working flawlessly. 8-) ;)
Last edited by youthathletics on Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:15 pm

Maybe we should have mail-in vaccinations ....since you all are so dead set on it working flawlessly. 8-) ;)
😩
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:51 pm When will the US return to normal?

Experts Answer: Not anytime soon.

AND...Mismanagement by the D.C. mayor and the intransigence of teachers' unions have kept schools closed in the District (and elsewhere):

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=us
D.C. Mayor causing hell in UK

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-k-introd ... pyURL_shar

Shard in the background
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

worked for germany.
though i can't tell who we're supposed to copy anymore.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:35 pm

worked for germany.
No aspect of Germany’s response is worth implementing here? No two countries should have any duplicate mitigation efforts because the countries are different so every step to attack the virus should be different? Is that your position?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

worked for germany.
Germany's a different story. As are most all Euro models. Unless we are implmenting German's mode in, say, Michigan.

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:45 pm

worked for germany.
No aspect of Germany’s response is worth implementing here? No two countries should have any duplicate mitigation efforts because the countries are different so every step to attack the virus should be different? Is that your position?
no. federalism worked for germany. i thought they were supposed to be the blueprint.

a lot of folks have said on here we shouldn't do the federalism thing. but that we also have to look to germany. no wonder our politicos are flailing.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:45 pm

worked for germany.
no. federalism worked for germany. i thought they were supposed to be the blueprint.

a lot of folks have said on here we shouldn't do the federalism thing. but that we also have to look to germany. no wonder our politicos are flailing.
I didn’t read comments that way. I thought it was more take some aspects that may work. What do we have to lose?
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:46 pm

worked for germany.
Germany's a different story. As are most all Euro models. Unless we are implmenting German's mode in, say, Michigan.

I see the UK is keeping schools closed. We should open ours then because, it’s a small country compared to us and a different form of government. The virus behaves differently depending on the government and the size of the country. The transmission mechanisms are different from country to country. Opening up bars and restaurants helps fight the virus in other countries but here, we need to get those places as crowded as possible as fast as possible. “Speed up to slow down”
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

UK PM just announced a total lockdown of the country until mid-February.

UK Variant just discovered in Upstate NY (Saratoga County). Patient has no travel history and works in a local jewelry store. Three other people associated with the store have tested positive for COVID, but it is not yet clear if those three cases are the new strain or not.
Last edited by Kismet on Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:35 pm though i can't tell who we're supposed to copy anymore.
We're not supposed to copy anyone, remember? MAGA? We're supposed to be the city on a hill.

And we are most DEFINITELY supposed to outperform those with socialized medicine, right? ;)
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:03 pm UK PM just announced a total lockdown of the country until mid-February.
That is insane. Limiting human interactions is crazy talk. We need to go free range for a year, study the impact and then make recommendations after 6 to 9 months of collecting and documenting data. All these dead people today may be akin to confirmation bias. Most were likely to die of something eventually.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:56 pm

worked for germany.

I see the UK is keeping schools closed. We should open ours then because, it’s a small country compared to us and a different form of government. The virus behaves differently depending on the government and the size of the country. The transmission mechanisms are different from country to country. Opening up bars and restaurants helps fight the virus in other countries but here, we need to get those places as crowded as possible as fast as possible. “Speed up to slow down”
China used the "Sealed Management" protocol and locked people in high-rise buildings to slow the spread for over 3 weeks at a time.
Perhaps we should do the same. I mean it worked there, right?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:07 pm
Kismet wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:03 pm UK PM just announced a total lockdown of the country until mid-February.
That is insane. Limiting human interactions is crazy talk. We need to go free range for a year, study the impact and then make recommendations after 6 to 9 months of collecting and documenting data. All these dead people today may be akin to confirmation bias. Most were likely to die of something eventually.
or pack them all inside together with no realistic regulation, and hope my gut instinct is right!

i had a feeling the bucks would win outright, i'm on a roll!!!

is the premier league cancelled? i saw their guys were all out over new years. maybe they were bubbles.

follow the uk! they're killing it! literally.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

More great ideas for the US to implement:

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... n-citizens
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:40 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:56 pm

worked for germany.

China used the "Sealed Management" protocol and locked people in high-rise buildings to slow the spread for over 3 weeks at a time.
Perhaps we should do the same. I mean it worked there, right?
Did it work?
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:07 pm
or pack them all inside together with no realistic regulation, and hope my gut instinct is right!

i had a feeling the bucks would win outright, i'm on a roll!!!

is the premier league cancelled? i saw their guys were all out over new years. maybe they were bubbles.

follow the uk! they're killing it! literally.
The plan is to get back to touring in the Summer.

Return to “POLITICS”