2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

"You have a nice last name", What the heck?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Georgia law:

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/20 ... -21-2-604/

Federal law:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/52/20511

I don't ever want to hear about "standards" from Republicans again.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:14 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:29 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:49 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:46 pm Seems a universal voting standard would be prudent.
This is The United States of America.
Exactly, we should have had it figured out by now.
States...United States, the management of the actual elections is expressly in the states' purview. And lots of states have long done mail in voting successfully, with both major parties perfectly fine with them. It's downright silly, or downright despicable, to suggest otherwise ala 'junk mail voting'. But that's what is happening with all this folderol, including by some of the hypocritical 'weasels' on this site.

Indeed, this state by state management ironically also makes the elections much more secure than a central system would be.

The only aspect that is,and should be, federalized, are when the states violate the rights of American citizens, as proscribed by federal law...or when a federal agency supported by the federal taxpayer is involved in some way on a national basis...ala the U.S. Post Office.

All that said, the federal government does support various election security issues, both financially and with expertise. But states can accept or reject such support. Guidance on a minimum national standard for such would be possible, but not as legal requirements. States free to accept or reject such guidance.

Our lawyers on here may correct me...
You remind me of the guy that swerves in and out of traffic on a 4 line highway and we end up next to each other at the traffic light. You essentially said nothing. Your last two paragraphs cover my talking points.

Is it really that hard for you to say I agree, it would be nice if it were nice and tidy universally. Nope, you can’t do it.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:53 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:46 pm Seems a universal voting standard would be prudent.
You're asking this question as a registered Republican?

Seriously?

Your party would NEVER agree to a National election standard. And Dems would fall all over themselves to get a National standard.
A guy can wish can he not? 😘 🤜🤛
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:58 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:14 pm
States...United States, the management of the actual elections is expressly in the states' purview. And lots of states have long done mail in voting successfully, with both major parties perfectly fine with them. It's downright silly, or downright despicable, to suggest otherwise ala 'junk mail voting'. But that's what is happening with all this folderol, including by some of the hypocritical 'weasels' on this site.

Indeed, this state by state management ironically also makes the elections much more secure than a central system would be.

The only aspect that is,and should be, federalized, are when the states violate the rights of American citizens, as proscribed by federal law...or when a federal agency supported by the federal taxpayer is involved in some way on a national basis...ala the U.S. Post Office.

All that said, the federal government does support various election security issues, both financially and with expertise. But states can accept or reject such support. Guidance on a minimum national standard for such would be possible, but not as legal requirements. States free to accept or reject such guidance.

Our lawyers on here may correct me...
You remind me of the guy that swerves in and out of traffic on a 4 line highway and we end up next to each other at the traffic light. You essentially said nothing. Your last two paragraphs cover my talking points.

Is it really that hard for you to say I agree, it would be nice if it were nice and tidy universally. Nope, you can’t do it.
Great analogy! :lol:

If that's what you meant, "nice"...sure, I agree with you.

I thought you were saying something more condemnatory.
IMO, we DO have it "figured out". Which isn't the same as saying it couldn't be even better.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

But pressuring a campaign official to change the vote tally is a federal offense, as former Justice Department inspector general Michael Bromwich tweeted Sunday, citing Title 52 U.S. Section 20511. That law states: “A person, including an election official, who in any election for Federal office … knowingly and willfully deprives, defrauds, or attempts to deprive or defraud the residents of a State of a fair and impartially conducted election process, by … the procurement, casting, or tabulation of ballots that are known by the person to be materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent under the laws of the State in which the election is held” is subject to imprisonment of up to five years.

He now needs a Pardon!
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
ggait

Post by ggait »

Why is it that soooo many people who interact with Trump feel the need to tape him or immediately write CYA memos to the file.

Don't recall any of Obama's folks or W's folks having to systematically do that.

P.S. It boggles the mind to think about how many similar sleazy/illegal calls just like this have been made over the past four years by President Gotti. Hundreds, if not thousands, of "perfect calls."
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:45 pm His supporters on this site should be ashamed of themselves.
...as ashamed as the debunked Russian conspiracy theorists who put this country through 5 years of hell.
Viva la Resistance ! Relax. This too shall pass.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:55 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:45 pm His supporters on this site should be ashamed of themselves.
...as ashamed as the debunked Russian conspiracy theorists who put this country through 5 years of hell.
Viva la Resistance ! Relax. This too shall pass.
You have no credibility. Lost it a long time ago despite your jargon. You have fewer acolytes. Rats off a sinking ship... sand through the hour glass....

“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

I hope this doesn’t delay the release of Trump’s health care plan in two weeks...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
ggait

Post by ggait »

CU88 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:04 pm I hope this doesn’t delay the release of Trump’s health care plan in two weeks...
I hear next week will finally be Infrastructure Week!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:55 pm as ashamed as the debunked Russian conspiracy theorists who put this country through 5 years of hell.
What, the Trump Tower meeting never happened? Don Jr's "I love it!" email was faked? Comey was not fired? Trump did not say to the Russian Foreign Minister the next day that "I faced great pressure because of Russia, that’s taken off”?

Good to know, thanks.
Typical Lax Dad

CU77 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:22 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:55 pm as ashamed as the debunked Russian conspiracy theorists who put this country through 5 years of hell.
What, the Trump Tower meeting never happened? Don Jr's "I love it!" email was faked? Comey was not fired? Trump did not say to the Russian Foreign Minister the next day that "I faced great pressure because of Russia, that’s taken off”?

Good to know, thanks.
That hasn’t mattered since 1990.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Is 1990 also when Salty decided that protect/defend the Constitution didn't matter any more either? Just party over country from then on?
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:32 pm
Is 1990 also when Salty decided that protect/defend the Constitution didn't matter any more either? Just party over country from then on?
Culture war became more important.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:17 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:53 pm
You're asking this question as a registered Republican?

Seriously?

Your party would NEVER agree to a National election standard. And Dems would fall all over themselves to get a National standard.
A guy can wish can he not? 😘 🤜🤛
Not when it's a tenet of your party-----State's rights, local control. Sorry! :lol: ;)
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:26 pm

Good to know, thanks.
What came out of the Trump Tower meeting to alter the outcome of the election ?
Comey's firing & the meeting with the foreign minister came after the election.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:49 pm

Good to know, thanks.
How did that effect the outcome of the election ? How widespread was the Russian "interference" influence ?
Your guy Putin said Russia helped Trump and hurt Clinton. Good enough for me. Here is your commander in chief:

That’s your guy! You like his “policies”.... At least he fights for something!!
MAGA
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:51 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:49 pm

Good to know, thanks.
How did that effect the outcome of the election ? How widespread was the Russian "interference" influence ?
Your guy Putin said Russia helped Trump and hurt Clinton. Good enough for me. Here is your commander in chief:

MAGA
So what ? Did it make a difference ? Lots of people take credit for Trump's win.
Are you concerned about the impact our allies' intel services or the Ukrainian govt had on the campaign ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:35 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:32 pm
If that slur was true, 1976 would be the date.
Culture war became more important.
That's the only war you know anything about.

Return to “POLITICS”