2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:50 pm
ggait wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:13 pm Salty is such a bad faith weasel.

Sen Boxer clearly acknowledged W won. As did Kerry.

Banana Republican Hawley of course will do no such thing. Disgraceful, just like Salty.

Reports are that 140 BRs will object to the election. Recognize that all 140 just got elected in the same election that they claim is invalid. Wait, what? Including those elected in pa, ga, az , wi, etc.

It is just disgraceful. If you want to live in a country that runs that way, you’re free to move to Russia or Brazil, Salty. Seems like you’d be happier there.
:lol: ...that's high praise from a paid legal weasel.

Thanks for the advice, but I feel no need to relocate. So far the only penalty in the USA for freely expressing my opinion is enduring childish insults & personal attacks from partisan zealots. Do you also dox people with whom you disagree.
Apparently, when you don't have a leg to stand on, claim a personal attack.......your defense of this BS tells the rest of us all we need to know.
Like these bozos, you aren't bright enough to understand that many of these outraged partisans were elected on the same ballot they seek to discredit.
None of them should be seated until their alleged "investigation" is completed.....a detail that you, as ggait so aptly described - a bad faith weasel, also conveniently disregard. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Banana Republican Hawley of course will do no such thing. Disgraceful, just like Salty.

Reports are that 140 BRs will object to the election. Recognize that all 140 just got elected in the same election that they claim is invalid. Wait, what? Including those elected in pa, ga, az , wi, etc.

It is just disgraceful. If you want to live in a country that runs that way, you’re free to move to Russia or Brazil, Salty. Seems like you’d be happier there.

The distinction you attempt to draw between Hawley, Boxer, & the 2016 objecting House members, is irrelevant. They're all doing the same thing. Registering their objections, on the record, to what they maintain are election irregularities. To draw attention to the issue & put down markers for future elections. This election was different than any previous & the differences are worthy of examination & Congressional attention, just as Pelosi's HR1 addresses concerns raised in previous objections.

Don't underestimate Hawley. He's no dummy nor bomb thrower. He clerked for John Roberts, was a successful AG, was encouraged to run for the Senate by John Ashcroft, Kit Bond & Jack Danforth. He soundly beat a two term incumbent. He's now bucking Mitch & the GOP old bulls in the Senate. This is a high risk play. If he fails to raise anything of substance, it could derail his future aspirations for higher office. ...or not, as in Halley-Hawley in 2024.

Thanks for the advice, but I feel no need to relocate. So far the only penalty in the USA for freely expressing my opinion is enduring childish insults & personal attacks from partisan zealots. Do you also dox people with whom you disagree.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:47 am It doesn't feel like a coincidence that Biden will replace Trump in the White House on about, if not the exact, same day that we'll learn about the College Lacrosse game schedules.
Why do you think UDel was able to get Justin Scott a visa to come back when Hobart and some other schools couldn’t???

We should investigate this deep state corruption! Impeach Biden for stacking the UDel lacrosse program!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

The distinction you attempt to draw between Hawley, Boxer, & the 2016 objecting House members, is irrelevant. They're all doing the same thing. Registering their objections, on the record, to what they maintain are election irregularities. To draw attention to the issue & put down markers for future elections. This election was different than any previous & the differences are worthy of examination & Congressional attention, just as Pelosi's HR1 addresses concerns raised in previous objections.

Don't underestimate Hawley. He's no dummy nor bomb thrower. He clerked for John Roberts, was a successful AG, was encouraged to run for the Senate by John Ashcroft, Kit Bond & Jack Danforth. He soundly beat a two term incumbent. He's now bucking Mitch & the GOP old bulls in the Senate. This is a high risk play. If he fails to raise anything of substance, it could derail his future aspirations for higher office. ...or not, as in Halley-Hawley in 2024.

Maybe the penalty for Nasty Natasha and all the other stupid, not even witty, surnames you’ve thrown around and impugning of other characters including servicemen you don’t know is to have it come back your way?

Might be a better way to think about it than whining about being persecuted and a victim.

Just something to consider. Or not.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:06 pm Banana Republican Trump-sucker rat-forking caucus in the Senate now up to 12. Including Hawley (Yale Law), Cruz (Harvard Law), Kennedy (UVA Law) who obviously know better. Some real profiles in craven sleaze there.

If any of those 12 happen to get elected in 2024, we already know that their election was a fraud and so must be overturned.

And Salty will clutch his pearls in horror about how awful that effort would be.
Well. Whaddaya know. It's now up to 12 Senators exercising their right to object, on the record.
Is it still 140 in the House ?
Boxer could muster only herself in the Senate in '04 & Waters couldn't get any Senator to join her in '16.
Maybe Hawley's not so far out of the mainstream. It will be interesting to see what they bring forward.
obtw -- Senators only run in one state, so save your crocodile tears.
njbill

Post by njbill »

The Senators have no “right to object” here. To be blunt, what they say they are going to do is illegal. Not criminal, but violative of the applicable statute which does not permit objections with respect to electors from states that satisfied the safe harbor requirements, which 49 did. In those states, the determination of who the electors are is “conclusive” under the law and, therefore, binding on the Senators.

Only Wisconsin did not meet the safe harbor deadline, but its Supreme Court rejected the last remaining challenge shortly before the electors voted on December 14. So there is no legitimate basis to challenge the Wisconsin electors, notwithstanding that they do not have the safe harbor protection of the statute. The Senators cannot substitute their “opinion” about an issue that has already been litigated and resolved by the state’s highest court.

A Senator’s right to assert an “objection” under the statute is narrowly circumscribed. This is not a situation where a Senator is intending in good faith to assert an objection he reasonably believes meets the statute’s requirements. Rather, the Senators know full well their actions are illegal. This stunt is simply being done to garner national TV time. Disgraceful.

Lastly, this is not like a policy issue where a Senator is exercising legislative judgment. No laws are being made here. Congress’s only role is to arbitrate legitimate disputes about competing slates of electors that have been legitimately put forth. Nothing of the sort has occurred here. The so-called competing slates of electors the Louie Gohmerts of the world are talking about are no more legitimate than the slates of electors I elected in my living room on December 14 from Texas, Florida, North Carolina, and Ohio.

Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley are disgraceful politicians, but they aren’t dumb. I’m sure they know full well that if somehow they were able to get Congress to reject the electors from the states in question, the Supreme Court would strike down that action in a heartbeat. Congress is subject to the laws it makes just like everyone else is.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:12 pm
ggait wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:06 pm Banana Republican Trump-sucker rat-forking caucus in the Senate now up to 12. Including Hawley (Yale Law), Cruz (Harvard Law), Kennedy (UVA Law) who obviously know better. Some real profiles in craven sleaze there.

If any of those 12 happen to get elected in 2024, we already know that their election was a fraud and so must be overturned.

And Salty will clutch his pearls in horror about how awful that effort would be.
Well. Whaddaya know. It's now up to 12 Senators exercising their right to object, on the record.
Is it still 140 in the House ?
Boxer could muster only herself in the Senate in '04 & Waters couldn't get any Senator to join her in '16.
Maybe Hawley's not so far out of the mainstream. It will be interesting to see what they bring forward.
obtw -- Senators only run in one state, so save your crocodile tears.
That Hawley may not be "so far out of the mainstream" shouldn't be comforting; if you cared about the country instead of your party, it would concern you all the more that Hawley's publicity gambit has so many little toadies following along. The oath, forgotten.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Sen. Murkowski didn't go to YLS, HLS or clerk for Chief Justice Roberts.

But she knows more about the law than weasels Hawley and Cruz. And also has the balls they lack:

https://twitter.com/lisamurkowski/statu ... 5477233666

Very simple. Just do the right thing. Country over party.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Let's take this egregious ploy (as Romney rightly calls it) to the logical extreme.

Suppose the GOP had been able in the 2020 election to take control of the House. They came pretty close to doing that actually.

What is to stop the Senate majority and the House majority from voting to keep Trump in office? If you have the votes**, why aren't you allowed to use them (e.g. Garland, ACB)? No evidence required. And now you've got Pence (as the Senate presiding officer) now on board.

Sure it might violate a norm, but we know that's no longer a real constraint. Party over country!!

**Note the irony. The folks holding said majorities are the new elected Congress. So the folks voting to overthrow the fraudulent election were all/mostly elected in that exact same election.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
njbill

Post by njbill »

The Supreme Court, even this Supreme Court, would strike down that nonsense in a nanosecond.

As I have stated repeatedly, what these members of Congress are proposing to do is illegal. It violates the Safeharbor statute.

This is all theater.

Having said that, the applicable statutes do need to be tightened up to avoid this kind of nonsensical scenario in the future.

We don’t have a parliamentary system in this country which is, in effect, what the result would be if the seditious conspiracy being talked about actually succeeded.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:02 pm

Maybe the penalty for Nasty Natasha and all the other stupid, not even witty, surnames you’ve thrown around and impugning of other characters including servicemen you don’t know is to have it come back your way?

Might be a better way to think about it than whining about being persecuted and a victim.

Just something to consider. Or not.
Whining is a tendency.....
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Trump’s call with Raffensberger.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GrnsiQu2soI
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
CU88

Post by CU88 »

DEPLORABLE, and the r's don't care...

‘I just want to find 11,780 votes’: In extraordinary hour-long call, Trump pressures Georgia secretary of state to recalculate the vote in his favor
Audio: Trump berates Ga. secretary of state, urges him to ‘find’ votes In a phone call on Saturday, President Trump insisted he won the state and threatened vague legal consequences. Here are excerpts from the call. (Obtained by The Washington Post)

Jan. 3, 2021 at 12:59 p.m. EST

President Trump urged fellow Republican Brad Raffensperger, the Georgia secretary of state, to “find” enough votes to overturn his defeat in an extraordinary one-hour phone call Saturday that election experts said raised legal questions.

The Washington Post obtained a recording of the conversation in which Trump alternately berated Raffensperger, tried to flatter him, begged him to act and threatened him with vague criminal consequences if the secretary of state refused to pursue his false claims, at one point warning that Raffensperger was taking “a big risk.”

Throughout the call, Raffensperger and his office’s general counsel rejected his assertions, explaining that Trump is relying on debunked conspiracy theories and that President-elect Joe Biden’s 11,779-vote victory in Georgia was fair and accurate.

President Trump walks to the Oval Office after after returning from Florida on Thursday. (Bill O'Leary/The Washington Post)
Trump dismissed their arguments.

“The people of Georgia are angry, the people in the country are angry,” he said. “And there’s nothing wrong with saying, you know, um, that you’ve recalculated.”

Raffensperger responded: “Well, Mr. President, the challenge that you have is, the data you have is wrong.”

At another point, Trump said: “So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state.”

The rambling, at times incoherent conversation, offered a remarkable glimpse of how consumed and desperate the president remains about his loss, unwilling or unable to let the matter go and still believing he can reverse the results in enough battleground states to remain in office.

“There’s no way I lost Georgia,” Trump said, a phrase he repeated again and again on the call. “There’s no way. We won by hundreds of thousands of votes.”

Several of his allies were on the line as he spoke, including White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows and conservative lawyer Cleta Mitchell, a prominent GOP lawyer whose involvement with Trump’s efforts had not been previously known.

In a statement, Mitchell said that Raffensperger’s office “has made many statements over the past two months that are simply not correct and everyone involved with the efforts on behalf of the President’s election challenge has said the same thing: show us your records on which you rely to make these statements that our numbers are wrong.”

The White House, the Trump campaign and Meadows did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Raffensperger’s office declined to comment.

On Sunday, Trump tweeted that he had spoken to Raffensperger, saying the secretary of state was “unwilling, or unable, to answer questions such as the “ballots under table” scam, ballot destruction, out of state “voters”, dead voters, and more. He has no clue!”
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
njbill

Post by njbill »

T**** is lucky that Raffensperger is pretty much playing this straight. He has simply released the recording. Had he wanted to lay a trap for T****, he could have issued an announcement detailing what T**** said in the call using his exact words. Then after T**** inevidently denied what Raffensperger said, he could release the tape.

I wonder if T**** has learned that New York state has issued sealed indictments against him which they will unseal on the afternoon of January 20 and then take him into custody as soon as the out-of-state paperwork can be processed.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:00 pm Let's take this egregious ploy (as Romney rightly calls it) to the logical extreme.

Suppose the GOP had been able in the 2020 election to take control of the House. They came pretty close to doing that actually.

What is to stop the Senate majority and the House majority from voting to keep Trump in office? If you have the votes**, why aren't you allowed to use them (e.g. Garland, ACB)? No evidence required. And now you've got Pence (as the Senate presiding officer) now on board.

Sure it might violate a norm, but we know that's no longer a real constraint. Party over country!!

**Note the irony. The folks holding said majorities are the new elected Congress. So the folks voting to overthrow the fraudulent election were all/mostly elected in that exact same election.
You know this has no chance of changing the outcome of the election.
It's to prevent future universal junk mail ballot elections in more states.

Blame the founders for establishing the Electoral College.
This may give a boost to the gimmicks you like to subvert the EC.

Lankford joining the objection & calling for a commission gives it credibility.
PBS Newshour invites him as a guest.
Typical Lax Dad

CU88 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:39 pm DEPLORABLE, and the r's don't care...

‘I just want to find 11,780 votes’: In extraordinary hour-long call, Trump pressures Georgia secretary of state to recalculate the vote in his favor
Audio: Trump berates Ga. secretary of state, urges him to ‘find’ votes In a phone call on Saturday, President Trump insisted he won the state and threatened vague legal consequences. Here are excerpts from the call. (Obtained by The Washington Post)

Jan. 3, 2021 at 12:59 p.m. EST

President Trump urged fellow Republican Brad Raffensperger, the Georgia secretary of state, to “find” enough votes to overturn his defeat in an extraordinary one-hour phone call Saturday that election experts said raised legal questions.

The Washington Post obtained a recording of the conversation in which Trump alternately berated Raffensperger, tried to flatter him, begged him to act and threatened him with vague criminal consequences if the secretary of state refused to pursue his false claims, at one point warning that Raffensperger was taking “a big risk.”

Throughout the call, Raffensperger and his office’s general counsel rejected his assertions, explaining that Trump is relying on debunked conspiracy theories and that President-elect Joe Biden’s 11,779-vote victory in Georgia was fair and accurate.

President Trump walks to the Oval Office after after returning from Florida on Thursday. (Bill O'Leary/The Washington Post)
Trump dismissed their arguments.

“The people of Georgia are angry, the people in the country are angry,” he said. “And there’s nothing wrong with saying, you know, um, that you’ve recalculated.”

Raffensperger responded: “Well, Mr. President, the challenge that you have is, the data you have is wrong.”

At another point, Trump said: “So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state.”

The rambling, at times incoherent conversation, offered a remarkable glimpse of how consumed and desperate the president remains about his loss, unwilling or unable to let the matter go and still believing he can reverse the results in enough battleground states to remain in office.

“There’s no way I lost Georgia,” Trump said, a phrase he repeated again and again on the call. “There’s no way. We won by hundreds of thousands of votes.”

Several of his allies were on the line as he spoke, including White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows and conservative lawyer Cleta Mitchell, a prominent GOP lawyer whose involvement with Trump’s efforts had not been previously known.

In a statement, Mitchell said that Raffensperger’s office “has made many statements over the past two months that are simply not correct and everyone involved with the efforts on behalf of the President’s election challenge has said the same thing: show us your records on which you rely to make these statements that our numbers are wrong.”

The White House, the Trump campaign and Meadows did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Raffensperger’s office declined to comment.

On Sunday, Trump tweeted that he had spoken to Raffensperger, saying the secretary of state was “unwilling, or unable, to answer questions such as the “ballots under table” scam, ballot destruction, out of state “voters”, dead voters, and more. He has no clue!”
What say our military and freedom caucus on this site?
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:16 pm It's to prevent future universal junk mail ballot elections in more states.
How? Each State runs its own respective elections. Full stop.

At what point are you going to stop with this stuff? Nothing you think is happening is going to happen. US Congress doesn't control how State elections are run.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seems a universal voting standard would be prudent.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:46 pm Seems a universal voting standard would be prudent.
This is The United States of America.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”