All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

JoeMauer89

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:19 pm Ok,but still, the regular caps, exclamation points, faces, strong language (not bad just uncompromising), etc. there’s no other topic, lacrosse or this area, that this seems to come out. It doesn’t seem random but rather focused as if you had a personal stake in it driving this.

You didn’t “have to point it out”, you choose to. That means something, I don’t know what but it’s a signal both in the choice and in the description lacking agency (“had” to...). Of course there’s a lack of leadership in this country (world) and tons of hypocrisy in numerous facets. Of course folks want double standards, what some make call risk transference or “de-risking” to create a valuable life option, and those in power will mostly work to get those cheap and free options in life. What I’ve observed here for a couple of years (thank god I didn’t bother on LP even though I miss some older cats who died off that have been discussed, IMP and Artful dodger being my personal favorites) is that these threads mostly end up becoming ideological litmus tests and the BS, heuristics and whatnot transcend singular threads. Folks, on both sides and the ones who get the “Chinese Finger Trap” in the middle (for those familiar with my work here, please don’t look up the term unless you want to explore your degeneracy more), seem frustrated regularly and it comes out while making points. There’s context you miss out only focusing on this which may or may not change your individual views but would probably help clarify some of this for you.
I may let my frustrations get the best of me, but I agree with this post. Especially an Ideological litmus test. Appreciate you being able to see it from a sensible angle that I cannot, or am at least letting my frustration prevent me from seeing. And yes outside of this thread, I never resort to this. I am trying and take long breaks from this particular thread, as it's become a cesspool and I am AWARE that I may contribute to that sometimes. But some on this thread sadly aren't aware that they contribute to it as well!

ND can't stop a nosebleed right now! :lol: :lol:

Jore
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:23 pm Many families are using COVID bubbles. Especially to allow kids to go to homeschool in a pod or to have a playgroup.

Other fams are using them to facilitate care of elders.

Perfectly fine as a strategy. But like any strategy, it comes down to the execution.

Two guys outside from the same COVID pod/bubble.

Or 500 folks at an indoor party with no masks.

Two very different approaches. One responsible. One not at all.

Buh bye.
lol. all that means they have to get bombed on air in front of millions, spitting on each other within a foot or 2 for everyone watching for 5 hours? and they were not alone. nor were they with others. or others (donlamon) inside all lubed up.

and you wonder why we're in a spot. bye!
Last edited by wgdsr on Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Yup.

Hard to remember why folks thought you needed a four team playoff. Two seems like enough.

HNY
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:35 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:19 pm Ok,but still, the regular caps, exclamation points, faces, strong language (not bad just uncompromising), etc. there’s no other topic, lacrosse or this area, that this seems to come out. It doesn’t seem random but rather focused as if you had a personal stake in it driving this.

You didn’t “have to point it out”, you choose to. That means something, I don’t know what but it’s a signal both in the choice and in the description lacking agency (“had” to...). Of course there’s a lack of leadership in this country (world) and tons of hypocrisy in numerous facets. Of course folks want double standards, what some make call risk transference or “de-risking” to create a valuable life option, and those in power will mostly work to get those cheap and free options in life. What I’ve observed here for a couple of years (thank god I didn’t bother on LP even though I miss some older cats who died off that have been discussed, IMP and Artful dodger being my personal favorites) is that these threads mostly end up becoming ideological litmus tests and the BS, heuristics and whatnot transcend singular threads. Folks, on both sides and the ones who get the “Chinese Finger Trap” in the middle (for those familiar with my work here, please don’t look up the term unless you want to explore your degeneracy more), seem frustrated regularly and it comes out while making points. There’s context you miss out only focusing on this which may or may not change your individual views but would probably help clarify some of this for you.
I may let my frustrations get the best of me, but I agree with this post. Especially an Ideological litmus test. Appreciate you being able to see it from a sensible angle that I cannot, or am at least letting my frustration prevent me from seeing. And yes outside of this thread, I never resort to this. I am trying and take long breaks from this particular thread, as it's become a cesspool and I am AWARE that I may contribute to that sometimes. But some on this thread sadly aren't aware that they contribute to it as well!

Jore
I’ve changed here myself. It’s not a big deal but you started out more reasoned and now when I see a post from you here or on the are we having a lacrosse season thread I know it’s an angry post where your chiding (or yelling) at someone else for being, let’s say, obtuse. You’ve got plenty more to share so don’t let this topic weigh you down, IMHO.

Also, when I get frustrated I’ve found that I’m mad at myself. For example I get offended when people are just screwing around and not being an honest broker for their perspective and play games. But the reality is people are going to be people and I can only control what I can control (myself and my family’s bank account). I suspect some of what you are responding to (ex doc, everyone at first is annoyed by him then most just move to apathy, you’ll get there) is this frustrating about dishonest participants in a discussion. Came up a lot with one guy who’s disappeared since time has proven basically every single thing he said wrong and more importantly some scummy stuff. And as to the latter, sure we all have the freedoms of expression but don’t come back as a baby when someone else objects or calls one out for saying things like George Floyd got what he deserved.

As for the nosebleed, take a week off the yayo, utilize some aquaphor and a steady dose of aspirin. Night time humidifier is helpful too
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
CU88

Post by CU88 »

The U.S. government plans to initially roll out 6.4 million doses of a Covid-19 vaccine next month, while it is confident in meeting its goal of distributing about 40 million doses by the end of the year, federal officials said Tuesday.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/offic ... 1606251786

Last updated: January 02, 2021, 00:57 GMT
United States Coronavirus Cases: 20,614,554
Deaths: 356,401

Maybe only 3 million vaccinations total have been given!
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

CU88 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:01 pm The U.S. government plans to initially roll out 6.4 million doses of a Covid-19 vaccine next month, while it is confident in meeting its goal of distributing about 40 million doses by the end of the year, federal officials said Tuesday.

seriously, what has happened to journalism? 6 million doses in december, 40 million by end of the year... isn't december the last month of the year? w.t.f.? is this what we accept?
small wonder our vaxxes are where they are.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:31 pm
CU88 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:01 pm The U.S. government plans to initially roll out 6.4 million doses of a Covid-19 vaccine next month, while it is confident in meeting its goal of distributing about 40 million doses by the end of the year, federal officials said Tuesday.

seriously, what has happened to journalism? 6 million doses in december, 40 million by end of the year... isn't december the last month of the year? w.t.f.? is this what we accept?
Last month in 2021?
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:55 pm

Jore
I’ve changed here myself. It’s not a big deal but you started out more reasoned and now when I see a post from you here or on the are we having a lacrosse season thread I know it’s an angry post where your chiding (or yelling) at someone else for being, let’s say, obtuse. You’ve got plenty more to share so don’t let this topic weigh you down, IMHO.

Also, when I get frustrated I’ve found that I’m mad at myself. For example I get offended when people are just screwing around and not being an honest broker for their perspective and play games. But the reality is people are going to be people and I can only control what I can control (myself and my family’s bank account). I suspect some of what you are responding to (ex doc, everyone at first is annoyed by him then most just move to apathy, you’ll get there) is this frustrating about dishonest participants in a discussion. Came up a lot with one guy who’s disappeared since time has proven basically every single thing he said wrong and more importantly some scummy stuff. And as to the latter, sure we all have the freedoms of expression but don’t come back as a baby when someone else objects or calls one out for saying things like George Floyd got what he deserved.

As for the nosebleed, take a week off the yayo, utilize some aquaphor and a steady dose of aspirin. Night time humidifier is helpful too

This made my night :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:46 pm

Last month in 2021?
what do you mean? article nov 24, 2020 says gov't confident rolling out 6.4 million doses vaccine next month.
also says in same article gov't expects 40 million doses rolled out by end of the year.

aaannnddd.... we chew on that as a public? no idea by what you mean 2021.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:57 pm

Last month in 2021?
what do you mean? article nov 24, 2020 says gov't confident rolling out 6.4 million doses vaccine next month.
also says in same article gov't expects 40 million doses rolled out by end of the year.

December is the last month in 2021, no? It was a joke. Obviously, the projected distribution was bad modeling. Was it 6.4 million initially followed by up to 40 million by the end of the year? Sloppy journalism....my guess is the average American isn’t reading MarketWatch....so no worries about the general public being confused. You are closer to it than most, hence the heightened sensitivity. Must of us are blissfully ignorant.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:50 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:55 pm

Jore

This made my night :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe!
I’ll be doing two shows on Tues and Thurs until the pandemic is eradicated.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:02 pm

Last month in 2021?

December is the last month in 2021, no? It was a joke. Obviously, the projected distribution was bad modeling. Was it 6.4 million initially followed by up to 40 million by the end of the year? Sloppy journalism....my guess is the average American isn’t reading MarketWatch....so no worries about the general public being confused. You are closer to it than most, hence the heightened sensitivity. Must of us are blissfully ignorant.
all it is is bad writing and bad or worse editing. shows where we are on journalism in 2020 (or 2021?).

we accept this. the article was over a month ago and still stands. not like it rolled off the presses and you couldn't take it back.

i commented on it as it's indicative.

edit: ahhh... better joke from the generator than the receiver,'s short term capabilities. we are all ignorant.
Last edited by wgdsr on Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

i'm dubious on the 70%. call me short. throw in neil ferguson, who i'm stunned is still quoted much less employed, and we shall see.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:10 pm

Last month in 2021?

all it is is bad writing and bad or worse editing. shows where we are on journalism in 2020 (or 2021?).

we accept this. the article was over a month ago and still stands. not like it rolled off the presses and you couldn't take it back.

edit: ahhh... better joke from the generator than the receiver,'s short term capabilities. we are all ignorant.
But are we all blissfully?
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:18 pm

Last month in 2021?

i envy those that are.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:19 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:18 pm

Last month in 2021?

i envy those that are.
I am one of them. I can just focus on the little things.
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/arc ... he/617531/

“Exponentials are so cruel that nobody wants to look them in the eye,”
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

Had he not been born into money, Trump would be working somewhere with the name “Donald” sewed onto the front of his shirt: https://apple.news/AalaYcE6gSrWsc50v7Chiag
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

From the article itself, probably the most important point.

It’s possible the new variant appears to infect the young the most because the research was conducted at a time when there were lockdowns but schools remained opened, the scientists said.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/arc ... he/617531/

Please take anything from "The Atlantic" at face value. It's not even in the same universe as JAMA or STAT. It's decidedly alarmist in almost every CV-19 that it publishes. To write that the CV-19 variant thankfully does not produce (high likely most scientists are saying) more severe disease and will not affect vaccine efficacy (HIGHLY likely most scientists are saying) and STILL say these are BAD things is utterly ridiculous. Those are two of the most important things possible, the vaccine which will help tremendously tamp down this pandemic, and they fact that it doesn't produce more severe disease therefore hopefully not contributing to additional hospital pressure. To write that the fact that is more transmissible is WORSE than either of those two facts being reversed is utterly crazy. If it's more transmissible, sure that's not great but on the flip side is that generally the more transmissible viruses get, the weaker the potential severe effects become. We are not going to eradicate transmission of this virus for MANY YEARS, so what we are trying to do is reduce symptoms greatly in the most vulnerable, tamp down transmission to a manageable point, etc. If the new variant is in fact more transmissible with no major change in severity/etc it's just going to unfortunately, because obviously everyone would like to avoid CV-19, add to the pool of people that have short-term immunity combined with the increasing vaccinations/etc.

Joe
Last edited by JoeMauer89 on Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “POLITICS”