Salisbury 2021

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ShoreThingMD

Salisbury 2021

Post by ShoreThingMD »

*Fingers crossed*.... but here is the current schedule https://www.suseagulls.com/sports/mlax/2020-21/schedule

New additions: RPI (was a 2020 preseason top 20 selection by IL and had a 2 goal game vs. Williams), Colorado College (2020 was 6-0. next games were vs. Cabrini & CNU.)

What would have been nice Would have loved to see Cortland get back on the schedule (shame that was the next game scheduled before all hell broke loose). Dobbins (former asst. coach at SU) has to call Coach to get St. John Fisher on the schedule . Would be a nice match up and Ilove what Dobbins is doing up there.

Happy to see: York (despite out of conference) stays on the schedule. Stevens back for round 2.

Home cooking: 7 (possible 8) out of the first 9 games are home. I say possibly 8 because the game vs OWU is TBA (location) and could possibly be at US Lacrosse Hall of Fame.. which I know is technically a neutral site, but for those who were there last year can attest to the sea of maroon and gold.

Trying to tamper expectations, but fall ball (at whatever capacity they are allowed to do) could be starting in a week or 2
LaxDad45

Re: Salisbury 2021

Post by LaxDad45 »

Schedule looks great. From what I’m hearing this team is absolutely loaded. Between returners, incoming freshman class and transfers (Furman) the present and future look bright!
Pinchnpop

Post by Pinchnpop »

Hope schedule stays same, BUT I am pretty sure it will change. RPI has freshman and juniors on campus this fall sophs and seniors in spring, not sure how you run athletics that way?

Team should be solid, just need to stay healthy.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

pridelax13

Post by pridelax13 »

Salisbury was already going to be one of the favorites, but their roster this year was indeed stocked even more with some transfers both from JUCO and D1.
Pinchnpop

Post by Pinchnpop »

Haters hate, Lovers Love....but the tradition will continue!

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... asty/56803
northernexplorer

Post by northernexplorer »

Salisbury got a pretty good endorsement today, actually. Top ranked "Program That Inspires" from College Athletic Advisor...

https://collegeathleticadvisor.com/inspire/

Top 4:

1. Salisbury University (MD, NCAA Division 3)
2. Le Moyne College (NY, NCAA Division 2)
3. Wesleyan University (CT, NCAA Division 3)
4. Tufts University (MA, NCAA Division 3)
Laxwatch2007

Post by Laxwatch2007 »

Does anybody know how many of last year’s seniors decided to stay for the extra season?
ShoreThingMD

Post by ShoreThingMD »

Laxwatch2007 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:45 pm Does anybody know how many of last year’s seniors decided to stay for the extra season?
I'm not sure if circumstances changed, but this was a video referenced in another thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PizrxMQ ... sF9dyarDWU

" We will have about 9 or 10 of our 15 seniors who are going to be able to come back, and that is all the All-American guys"

From what I've heard some of those guys are taking advantage of the master's programs there.
COGULL

Post by COGULL »

Greetings to All,
I hope everyone's doing well and your families are safe and healthy-

The nine returning seniors are listed below. What impresses me almost as much is the group of non-AA guys who are no slouches. I believe 3 or 4 of them would likely been in the mix by the end of last year should the season have completed. Mix in Juniors/Sophs like Ferrara, Apgar, Posner, Bromwell, Kness, Woodward, Saulino, Sweeney, etc. and you start to see why folks are excited about this team. Another exciting bit of news I've heard coming out of Fall ball is that the goalie, TJ Ellis hasn't missed a step and is playing extremely well.

A well known and consistent characteristic of the Salisbury men's lacrosse program is how much the team improves over time when they are able to keep a group of guys together - Beyond the obvious individual talent on this team, it should be noted that this group of seniors will be the first to play a "5th" year together. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this team gets its chance. GO GULLS !!

Brett Malamphy - FO
TJ Ellis - G
Pierre Armstrong - OM
Griffin Moroney - A
Josh Melton - A
Emory Wongus - OM
Kevin Murphy - LSM
Drew Borkowicz -D
Brad Greik - DM
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

COGULL wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:37 pm Greetings to All,
I hope everyone's doing well and your families are safe and healthy-

The nine returning seniors are listed below. What impresses me almost as much is the group of non-AA guys who are no slouches. I believe 3 or 4 of them would likely been in the mix by the end of last year should the season have completed. Mix in Juniors/Sophs like Ferrara, Apgar, Posner, Bromwell, Kness, Woodward, Saulino, Sweeney, etc. and you start to see why folks are excited about this team. Another exciting bit of news I've heard coming out of Fall ball is that the goalie, TJ Ellis hasn't missed a step and is playing extremely well.

A well known and consistent characteristic of the Salisbury men's lacrosse program is how much the team improves over time when they are able to keep a group of guys together - Beyond the obvious individual talent on this team, it should be noted that this group of seniors will be the first to play a "5th" year together. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this team gets its chance. GO GULLS !!

Brett Malamphy - FO
TJ Ellis - G
Pierre Armstrong - OM
Griffin Moroney - A
Josh Melton - A
Emory Wongus - OM
Kevin Murphy - LSM
Drew Borkowicz -D
Brad Greik - DM
Jesus - they’re going to be loaded. That group was 7-0 and ranked #1 in all the polls when the season was abruptly cut short - and they’ve lost no one from the top 20-25 guys. The 5th years have all essentially been in the starting line-up together since they were sophomores. They made it to the Championship game twice and the Semifinals the other time in their 3 seasons up to this past unfinished season. Will be formidable if they get to play the season.
Laxwatch2007

Post by Laxwatch2007 »

I heard through the grapevine that one of the Salisbury players has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus and several players have been tested and sent home to wait for the results. Can anyone verify?
Pinchnpop

Post by Pinchnpop »

Laxwatch2007 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:59 am I heard through the grapevine that one of the Salisbury players has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus and several players have been tested and sent home to wait for the results. Can anyone verify?
Funny about grapevines, some fruit are sour and some are sweet, even alot of rotten sometimes. It's beginning of November, let's hope we are playing Memorial Day weekend. Tough times for everyone, but the tough times will make some a lot tougher while some may not make it at all.
All athletes are constantly being tested and I don't know
why any would be sent home with possibility of infecting others to wait for results? Why would you go home if you could be negative? Haven't heard of this?
Laxwatch2007

Post by Laxwatch2007 »

Pinchnpop,

Sending potentially infected students home did not make any sense to me either. On the other hand, the University may not want them to continue living on campus and thereby infect the rest of the student body.

Because the risk of dying from Covid-19 for otherwise healthy college students, especially moderately well-conditioned athletes, is infinitesimally small, shutting down the program and sending potentially infected kids home seems like a complete over-reaction.
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

Some of the coaches and staff may be more at risk for complications than the players.
Pinchnpop

Post by Pinchnpop »

Merry Christmas to All!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Any updates on this schedule? Also, it includes the CAC Tourney as well as the NCAA Tourney. Currently, are these two tourneys a go?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ShoreThingMD

Post by ShoreThingMD »

I have not seen an official announcement regarding the cancelation of either of those events. My guess is that it stays on the schedule until it's not :(
Laxwatch2007

Post by Laxwatch2007 »

Any truth to the rumor that Salisbury has canceled its first three games of the 2021 season and will not play their first game until Feb. 25?
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Heard Lynchburg moved to 3/6..

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”