CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
kramerica.inc

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by kramerica.inc »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:04 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:33 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:01 pm I’ve seen plenty of the Confederacy of tRumpkin battle flags in the Eastern Shore: Southern Maryland, slower Delaware, and Flappalachia Virginia.
Where & when did you see them in SoMd ? How 'bout some specifics. Pt Lookout doesn't count.
Fruitland, Snow Hill, Girdletree, Stockton — along Rt.12 between Salisbury and the Md/Va line.

Amusingly enough, the Dixieland Sunoco station just over the line on 13 has put a white cover over the flag that was part of their sign. You can still see the flag at night through the white cover.

Although I have relatives who fought for the Confederacy I know what that flag was and is: an emblem of separation and division. Time for that nonsense to stop.
That is not “Southern MD.” That is the eastern shore.
“SoMD” is Charles, Calvert and St Mary’s County.
Other side of the bay.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:21 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:13 pm I must have missed the recent lynchings and 600,000 dead due to the BLM movement.

But it's the same coin.
So wait, BLM is about lynchings now? I thought it was about police brutality?
Kram, my point is the confederate flag issue and BLM are not different sides of the same coin. Brooklyn commented on the atrocities performed under the Confederate flag, including fighting a war against this country that led to 600,000 dead and lynching black people for decades after. Right after Brooklyn's post you chose to double down by again stating they were opposite sides of the same coin. Unequivocally - they're not.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:31 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:13 pm I must have missed the recent lynchings and 600,000 dead due to the BLM movement.

But it's the same coin.
Who did the lynchings Kram? Who didn't investigate and prosecute them?

Quite the tradition, right?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.specta ... ds-for/amp

https://www.heritage.org/progressivism/ ... the-slogan#
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:46 am

But it's the same coin.
Kram, my point is the confederate flag issue and BLM are not different sides of the same coin. Brooklyn commented on the atrocities performed under the Confederate flag, including fighting a war against this country that led to 600,000 dead and lynching black people for decades after. Right after Brooklyn's post you chose to double down by again stating they were opposite sides of the same coin. Unequivocally - they're not.
And my point is that BLM does NOT represent a battle against racism.

It previously was an excuse for people to act like a-holes and destroy property/lives and currently represents people using examples of racism as an excuse to force an agenda...that does nothing to combat true racism or help the real cause of POCs who want equal justice and fairness in the US.
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:37 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:01 pm I’ve seen plenty of the Confederacy of tRumpkin battle flags in the Eastern Shore: Southern Maryland, slower Delaware, and Flappalachia Virginia.
Where & when did you see them in SoMd ? How 'bout some specifics. Pt Lookout doesn't count.
Fruitland, Snow Hill, Girdletree, Stockton — along Rt.12 between Salisbury and the Md/Va line.

Amusingly enough, the Dixieland Sunoco station just over the line on 13 has put a white cover over the flag that was part of their sign. You can still see the flag at night through the white cover.

Although I have relatives who fought for the Confederacy I know what that flag was and is: an emblem of separation and division. Time for that nonsense to stop.
Other side of the bay.
Good grief, are we really discussing the location of where confederate flags fly, as if that should matter? Somewhere in Germany right now is there a sport related forum where they're discussing whether it's better or worse to see Nazi flags in Bavaria or Lower Saxony?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

No, but it gets to the point that the op doesn’t know what he’s taking about. SoMD IS NOT the Eastern Shore.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:51 am

But it's the same coin.

It previously was an excuse for people to act like a-holes and destroy property/lives and currently represents people using examples of racism as an excuse to force an agenda...that does nothing to combat true racism or help the real cause of POCs who want equal justice and fairness in the US.
It's been 158 years since the Emancipation Proclamation and 150 years since black men got the right to vote. We've now got southern states who restrict election dropboxes in majority black counties to one per a few million citizens or hundreds of square miles.

I now live outside of Wilmington, NC, where in 1898 a duly elected government made up of white and black citizens was overthrown in a bloody and murderous coup d'etat by white supremacists - giving strength and veracity to Jim Crow. Within a year the City of Wilmington lost its status as the largest city in North Carolina and the city went from a majority black city to a majority white one. (This happens to still be the only successful coup d'etat in US history. It's happened before, don't think it can't happen again.)

OK, let's go with your premise that BLM doesn't represent a battle against the racism black people feel whites have against them. After everything that's happened to black people in this hemisphere, What the heck do you suggest they do?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:17 pm
Helter Skelter

That's Charlie Manson's idea along with that of his fellow reich wing delusionals. tRUMP's idea of executing the Central Park Five (despite their proven innocence) with the hearty approval of the repukeblican party is proof that there are plenty on the far reich who strive for it every day.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:54 am No, but it gets to the point that the op doesn’t know what he’s taking about. SoMD IS NOT the Eastern Shore.
The “op” doesn’t know what he’s talking about because he mistakes the region within a state where no one cares pretty much outside he DC-Balt corridor (which while 50 may head east would include Annapolis, my uncle has been making the commute from Bel Air to Bowie/Annapolis for more than 15yrs now). That’s a bit of a stretch. Given the freedoms of sedition and language some folks have taken over the years is this distinction supposed to prove the person doesn’t know anything about anything and supposed to ignore all the weak form gymnastics and low rent heuristics employed by OS for a long time and say “yeah case closed, Os proved there’s no flags down his way because the other poster mid labeled a small and generally irrelevant portion of the state of MD? I used to deal with some banks from Severn Bank (in Annapolis controlled by a local attorney and had agreed to be sold a couple of years back but the buyer walked over the conflicts of the CEO), 1880, Bank of Delmarva, etc. Ed Thomas the CEO of a bank in Salisbury would tell me “we’ve got poultry and tourists and that’s all we have to rely on economically here on Eastern Shore“. I assure you whether it’s Eastern Shore, S MD (bank in Waldorf should’ve failed a long time ago), So Md or W MD. The only place I might believe that is Montgomery co. Otherwise some debate with a misplaced definition is by no means a mic drop providing that one area of this state doesn’t have any confederate flags.

Aside from Ocean City and the DC-Balt corridor what is the point? That’s there’s something cultural difference between one small portion of land within a state border and another? If you can see them in W MD and Eastern Shore and even not far from Rockville or heading towards PA N or Balt then it’s no a stretch the this other small portion of land (and population) has had more than one confederate flag in 40yrs. I see more than that in almost every part of the country even the tri state area, so while that observation may be truthful it’s missing some completeness to it as well or an intentional obtuse approach to these things so as to have plausible deniability.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

~ BLM does NOT represent a battle against racism ~

So why does it retain its tax exempt status? Even the tRUMP regime has not attempted to strip it of its status.

~ [it's] excuse for people to act like a-holes and destroy property/lives ~

So why do police forces & cities give them awards for their contributions to society? Why aren't police prosecuting them for crimes? Why do those arrested for violence have no affiliation with them? Why are Proud Boys/Boogaloo Bois/Three Percenters being arrested instead?

If BLM does not represent an organization that attempts to bring about racial reconciliation, why are the majority of those who appear at BLM rallies here in the Twin Cities white?

By the way, if acting like A-holes and creating violence is your main objection, where is your condemnation of Proud Boys/Boogaloo Bois/Three Percenters?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

But it's the same coin.

Like QAnon serves disgruntled white people? Like the guy who was heading to Comet Pizza to save children with an arsenal or the crew who plotted to kidnap the mayor?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:14 am

But it's the same coin.

It's been 158 years since the Emancipation Proclamation and 150 years since black men got the right to vote. We've now got southern states who restrict election dropboxes in majority black counties to one per a few million citizens or hundreds of square miles.

I now live outside of Wilmington, NC, where in 1898 a duly elected government made up of white and black citizens was overthrown in a bloody and murderous coup d'etat by white supremacists - giving strength and veracity to Jim Crow. Within a year the City of Wilmington lost its status as the largest city in North Carolina and the city went from a majority black city to a majority white one. (This happens to still be the only successful coup d'etat in US history. It's happened before, don't think it can't happen again.)

OK, let's go with your premise that BLM doesn't represent a battle against the racism black people feel whites have against them. After everything that's happened to black people in this hemisphere, What the heck do you suggest they do?
Good post, SCLaxAttack. Again.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:47 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:31 pm

But it's the same coin.
Who did the lynchings Kram? Who didn't investigate and prosecute them?

Quite the tradition, right?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.specta ... ds-for/amp

https://www.heritage.org/progressivism/ ... the-slogan#
did you answer my question?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Still a lot of hotties at UNC Wilmington!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:14 am

But it's the same coin.

It wasn’t called the Wilmington Massacre for nothing. Rolling back the votings right act and reinstating “let’s make it hard to vote rules” is shameful.

The country has been moving forward with the parking brake on and in 2nd gear.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:53 am

Other side of the bay.
Good grief, are we really discussing the location of where confederate flags fly, as if that should matter? Somewhere in Germany right now is there a sport related forum where they're discussing whether it's better or worse to see Nazi flags in Bavaria or Lower Saxony?
Not only that, but let's be clear, there's plenty of racists in So MD !!!

But hey, if one poster says he's only 'seen' one Confederate flag in that area since 1978, I believe him... that's all he's 'seen'...but he's just been oblivious to the reality. Consistent with other posts on the topic of race.

I have family roots Civil War era...plantation...in SoMD, father's side. Don't frequently go down there, but enough to recall the area...
A history of slavery in Maryland. https://msa.maryland.gov/msa/intromsa/p ... mphlet.pdf

Mother's side roots are from New Orleans including a KKK muckety-muck...
old salt

Post by old salt »

SoMd = St Mary's, Charles & Calvert Counties.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:16 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:25 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:38 pm Nah, you're obviously not sensitive to seeing a Confederate flag...some folks are oblivious
:lol: ...you are so full of _ _ it. Telling people what they don't see. Your most arrogant post ever.
Hey, you probably didn't 'see' them...that's what I would call "oblivious" and not "sensitive" to it, not "tuned in". I gave the example of my father not noticing, oblivious...until it was pointed out by his grandchildren. And then defensive.

We get it, Salty, you simply weren't tuned into the flag being something that was offensive, even threatening to you and yours. From your other comments on race, that's not surprising, but let me be clear, being oblivious in the past doesn't make someone "racist", but it's certainly an example of "white privilege".
You are ridiculous. When driving I notice bumper & window stickers, American flags flying in front yards. You think I don't notice Confederate flags in my field of view ? I have a filter that blocks them out ? :lol: How many pickup trucks have you observed with Confederate (or any) flags flying from their bed or in yards or on homes ? No BS.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:17 pm
And you call my post arrogant??? :roll:
Asking for specifics about an area where I lived for 25 years, still own property, have many friends & visit regularly is arrogant ?
I still consider it my neighborhood & want to know where I've been missing this apparent phenomenon.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:40 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:53 am

Other side of the bay.
Not only that, but let's be clear, there's plenty of racists in So MD !!!

But hey, if one poster says he's only 'seen' one Confederate flag in that area since 1978, I believe him... that's all he's 'seen'...but he's just been oblivious to the reality. Consistent with other posts on the topic of race.

I have family roots Civil War era...plantation...in SoMD, father's side. Don't frequently go down there, but enough to recall the area...
A history of slavery in Maryland. https://msa.maryland.gov/msa/intromsa/p ... mphlet.pdf

Mother's side roots are from New Orleans including a KKK muckety-muck...
So now there's plenty of racists in SoMd ? :lol: ...based on what ? Compared to where ? Have you ever lived there ?
Based on history ? There was a slave market in downtown Annapolis. Does that mean there's still plenty of racists in Annapolis ?

Return to “POLITICS”