All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

youthathletics

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:03 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:01 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:46 am
wgdsr wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:00 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:46 am
DMac wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:20 am So what do we think of the MIT Ph.D.?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyATVIag9vY
I will avoid the political, partisan, shoot the messenger shotgun approach. What the Dr. speaks of is indeed based in science, and everyone knows what we put into our body, how we think and feel, is part and parcel to healing and positive results for a healthy lifestyle.

Why else do you think people are taking vitamin D all of a sudden....in police work they call that a clue, You should not need to take it regularly if you go outside for a couple/few hours and stop sitting on the couch or office chair.
things are moving too fast for us. and changing narratives or findings even if we were investigating them breeds either confusion at best, or accusations at worst.

george carlin summed immune systems up quicker and with more panache:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X29lF43mUlo&feature=share
Which was my only point in posting that. I consider myself a pretty good soldier when it comes to willingness to fight the war when our country and way of life is threatened, but I'd sure like to have leaders I can trust (got phukt on that once already) and belief that there is a real threat. I wear my mask but question just how effective that is (I wear it into a joint but everyone takes it off once inside....c'mon, w-t-f is that doing?), I see other places that don't wear masks, so whose right and whose wrong? I, the average Joe, do some research and I have the MIT Ph.D. tell me one thing and Dr. Fauci tell me another. Get the vaccine, don't get the vaccine. It's a big klusterphuk and until you have a unified army fighting this war you aint gonna win it (see Vietnam). Yup, confusion for many, and I don't believe Carlin is so wrong.
Death by a thousand cuts.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/282929

All hype
You proved my point, thanks, lifestyle does matter and sometimes you are just unfortunate.

Curious, did you allow your kids back in the house for xmas without first presenting you with a negative cv-19 test? What if they are asymptomatic, do they also have to wear a mask while in the home? Are they not allowed to visit friends while back home? My guess is you are not wound that tight, but on fanlax you play that part.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Jim Malone wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:04 pm Finally out, up and about from the virus bout.
Hiding out in Catskills away from masses and virus back home.
The fatigue and brain fog make for interesting days.
Preparation of bankruptcy trustee monthly reports on trust and expense activity are no longer a piece of cake.
But, all is as well as can be under circumstances; and, that is good enough for now.

Best wishes to all, except the pricks amongst you (and, you know who you are), for a happy healthy prosperous 2021. Ah frig it, pricks inclusive!

Be well, stay safe!
👏 👏 👏 Good to see you post. Stay safe and get well soon.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:34 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:03 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:01 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:46 am
wgdsr wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:00 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:46 am
DMac wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:20 am So what do we think of the MIT Ph.D.?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyATVIag9vY
I will avoid the political, partisan, shoot the messenger shotgun approach. What the Dr. speaks of is indeed based in science, and everyone knows what we put into our body, how we think and feel, is part and parcel to healing and positive results for a healthy lifestyle.

Why else do you think people are taking vitamin D all of a sudden....in police work they call that a clue, You should not need to take it regularly if you go outside for a couple/few hours and stop sitting on the couch or office chair.
things are moving too fast for us. and changing narratives or findings even if we were investigating them breeds either confusion at best, or accusations at worst.

george carlin summed immune systems up quicker and with more panache:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X29lF43mUlo&feature=share
Which was my only point in posting that. I consider myself a pretty good soldier when it comes to willingness to fight the war when our country and way of life is threatened, but I'd sure like to have leaders I can trust (got phukt on that once already) and belief that there is a real threat. I wear my mask but question just how effective that is (I wear it into a joint but everyone takes it off once inside....c'mon, w-t-f is that doing?), I see other places that don't wear masks, so whose right and whose wrong? I, the average Joe, do some research and I have the MIT Ph.D. tell me one thing and Dr. Fauci tell me another. Get the vaccine, don't get the vaccine. It's a big klusterphuk and until you have a unified army fighting this war you aint gonna win it (see Vietnam). Yup, confusion for many, and I don't believe Carlin is so wrong.
Death by a thousand cuts.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/282929

All hype
You proved my point, thanks, lifestyle does matter and sometimes you are just unfortunate.

Curious, did you allow your kids back in the house for xmas without first presenting you with a negative cv-19 test? What if they are asymptomatic, do they also have to wear a mask while in the home? Are they not allowed to visit friends while back home? My guess is you are not wound that tight, but on fanlax you play that part.
My daughter was tested multiple times a week before she came home and my son had two tests before he came home. There are no guarantees but they are doing the best they can to keep
people around them safe. Mother in law is here and my son’s girlfriend has an elderly grandmother. They try to reduce their risk (not eliminate it in it’s entirety). My daughter hasn’t visited anyone in a month and besides his girlfriend, my son has no friends here that he “hangs out” with. Less risk but not zero risk. You can go drink up at the bar.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

"Earlier this month, Tom Mountain, a Massachusetts Republican Party leader, posed for a maskless photo in front of a silver menorah as dozens of other guests without face coverings mingled nearby at a White House Hanukkah party.

Three days later, the vice chairman of the Massachusetts Republican State Committee was rushed to the hospital with a severe case of covid-19 that later left him close to needing a ventilator.

Now, as Mountain recovers at home in Newton, Mass., he says he likely contracted the virus at the White House event.

“Lets put it this way: When I went down to Washington, D.C., for the White House Hanukkah event, I was perfectly fine,” Mountain, 60, told WJAR. “And three days later after that event, I was in the hospital … ready to be put on a lifesaving ventilator.”

The Dec. 9 event where Mountain believes he contracted the coronavirus was one of at least 25 indoor holiday celebrations the White House scheduled despite warnings from the Trump administration’s public health experts to avoid large gatherings and travel to mitigate the spread of a virus that has killed more than 333,000 Americans.

Mountain, who also serves as the vice chairman of the state’s Republican Jewish Committee, said his wife urged him to skip the White House Hanukkah celebration over fears that he would contract the virus, the Boston Globe reported. She chose to stay home, but Mountain told WJAR that he felt “politically and morally obligated to go.”

He attended the first of two Dec. 9 Hanukkah celebrations, which were split up to reduce the crowd size, Mountain told the Globe. Attendees were required to wear a mask while waiting in line, but Mountain said many guests removed them once inside.

Mountain, sporting a “Trump” jacket and a red, white and blue tie, also strolled through the East Wing without a mask.

“People would just leisurely and gingerly take off their mask to mingle, to schmooze,” he told WJAR. “I don’t even think some people wore masks the entire time. And again, I was guilty as anyone else. I just wasn’t wearing a mask.”
Mountain was tested for the coronavirus when he returned home on Dec. 11, the Globe reported, as he began experiencing symptoms. His results came back positive, and the next day, as his condition worsened, he was admitted to Brigham and Women’s Hospital.

He was released a day later but returned to the hospital the following week when his symptoms became more severe again. Twice, Mountain said, he was close to being put on a ventilator.

Although his wife skipped the White House event, she and other relatives, including Mountain’s son, daughter in-law and mother in-law, all later tested positive for the coronavirus as well, according to the Globe.

Mountain said he regrets attending the event and not taking the virus seriously enough. Some of the symptoms are still with him, he added. He is still experiencing coughing attacks and sweating profusely. Last week, he could not speak over the phone, he told the Globe.

“I didn’t listen to the warnings of my own family, and now I’m paying the price,” Mountain told the Globe.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... rty-covid/
CU77

Post by CU77 »

From a wapo commenter on the piece above:

"I live in Newton and read the Tab, a local paper, which runs opinion pieces from Tom Mountain. I would have never thought he was a leader of anything, and just thought he was a cranky, dissatisfied man. In one piece he said he was moving out of Newton because of some injustice or another, which I thought was a good idea. I guess he stayed. I have to say that I am surprised he is so stupid as to attend a party at the White House and then infect his family. It’s extremely aggravating.

My sister-in-law was sick with Covid, her father died in March of Covid, another elderly relative died not from Covid but from the effects of isolation necessary to prevent her from becoming infected, and my family has been strictly following health guidelines to keep ourselves and others healthy. I’m sick of living like this and it is largely necessary because of the behavior of people like Tom Mountain.

Now after eleven months and 300,000 deaths Tom Mountain sickens himself and his family and suddenly decides a mask is a good idea. I think acting with reckless disregard for the lives and safety of others is a crime in Massachusetts. He should be punished for his reprehensible and inexcusable behavior."
Carroll81

Post by Carroll81 »

CU77 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:06 pm "Earlier this month, Tom Mountain, a Massachusetts Republican Party leader, posed for a maskless photo in front of a silver menorah as dozens of other guests without face coverings mingled nearby at a White House Hanukkah party.

Three days later, the vice chairman of the Massachusetts Republican State Committee was rushed to the hospital with a severe case of covid-19 that later left him close to needing a ventilator.

Now, as Mountain recovers at home in Newton, Mass., he says he likely contracted the virus at the White House event.

“Lets put it this way: When I went down to Washington, D.C., for the White House Hanukkah event, I was perfectly fine,” Mountain, 60, told WJAR. “And three days later after that event, I was in the hospital … ready to be put on a lifesaving ventilator.”

The Dec. 9 event where Mountain believes he contracted the coronavirus was one of at least 25 indoor holiday celebrations the White House scheduled despite warnings from the Trump administration’s public health experts to avoid large gatherings and travel to mitigate the spread of a virus that has killed more than 333,000 Americans.

Mountain, who also serves as the vice chairman of the state’s Republican Jewish Committee, said his wife urged him to skip the White House Hanukkah celebration over fears that he would contract the virus, the Boston Globe reported. She chose to stay home, but Mountain told WJAR that he felt “politically and morally obligated to go.”

He attended the first of two Dec. 9 Hanukkah celebrations, which were split up to reduce the crowd size, Mountain told the Globe. Attendees were required to wear a mask while waiting in line, but Mountain said many guests removed them once inside.

Mountain, sporting a “Trump” jacket and a red, white and blue tie, also strolled through the East Wing without a mask.

“People would just leisurely and gingerly take off their mask to mingle, to schmooze,” he told WJAR. “I don’t even think some people wore masks the entire time. And again, I was guilty as anyone else. I just wasn’t wearing a mask.”
Mountain was tested for the coronavirus when he returned home on Dec. 11, the Globe reported, as he began experiencing symptoms. His results came back positive, and the next day, as his condition worsened, he was admitted to Brigham and Women’s Hospital.

He was released a day later but returned to the hospital the following week when his symptoms became more severe again. Twice, Mountain said, he was close to being put on a ventilator.

Although his wife skipped the White House event, she and other relatives, including Mountain’s son, daughter in-law and mother in-law, all later tested positive for the coronavirus as well, according to the Globe.

Mountain said he regrets attending the event and not taking the virus seriously enough. Some of the symptoms are still with him, he added. He is still experiencing coughing attacks and sweating profusely. Last week, he could not speak over the phone, he told the Globe.

“I didn’t listen to the warnings of my own family, and now I’m paying the price,” Mountain told the Globe.

How do we know he got it at the party and not the other way around? He could have gotten it from his wife, son or inlaws and been the one that brought it to the party. Going to the party was stupid. But, that is about all you can deduce from this.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

CU77 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:06 pm "Earlier this month, Tom Mountain, a Massachusetts Republican Party leader, posed for a maskless photo in front of a silver menorah as dozens of other guests without face coverings mingled nearby at a White House Hanukkah party.

getting sick with symptoms 2 days later, and sick enough to be hospitalized in 3 days would be what looks to be pretty rare.

then again, he's cruising airports and airplanes to and fro as well as indoor parties with tons of differing contacts. and who knows what else? sounds like he's ok with risky behavior in general at age 60 until it happens to him.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Who knows if he got it at the party. Symptoms can appear as soon as 2 days after infection, and the viral load he got could have been a big one. So very possible. If he got it before the party, he still spread it around to a ton of people by traveling and going to a party. Debating whether he got it at the party is rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. His behavior and those like him are the cause of so much death in this country.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Republican Louisiana Congressman-elect Luke Letlow, 41, father of two, just died of covid.

https://www.wdsu.com/article/sources-co ... 9/35093657
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:35 pm
Jim Malone wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:04 pm Finally out, up and about from the virus bout.
Preparation of bankruptcy trustee monthly reports on trust and expense activity are no longer a piece of cake.
But, all is as well as can be under circumstances; and, that is good enough for now.

Best wishes to all, except the pricks amongst you (and, you know who you are), for a happy healthy prosperous 2021. Ah frig it, pricks inclusive!

Be well, stay safe!
👏 👏 👏 Good to see you post. Stay safe and get well soon.
+1 welcome back, great to hear you are recovering!
CU77

Post by CU77 »

+2!
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Carroll81 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:33 pm

How do we know he got it at the party and not the other way around? He could have gotten it from his wife, son or inlaws and been the one that brought it to the party. Going to the party was stupid. But, that is about all you can deduce from this.
How do we know he didn’t buy some 50% off chicken and got sick from that?
Typical Lax Dad

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:15 pm
Carroll81 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:33 pm

How do we know he didn’t buy some 50% off chicken and got sick from that?
DMac is banking on stomach acids!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Uh oh, now I'm really worried!!! :o
All because of some nicely seasoned chicken tenders cooked to golden brown and pleasingly crispy.
Pretty tasty but damn, might have to switch to the sticker price ones.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

CU77 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:27 pm+2!
+ 3
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

r or d; governors must do better jobs on getting this stuff out to the masses:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... warp-speed
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Be well, stay safe!
Happy to hear you are on the mend.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:42 am

Be well, stay safe!
Happy to hear you are on the mend.
+1 Great news.

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

Looks like we are going to eclipse 350,000 deaths by January 1st. I had estimated 300,000 and thought that would be a win for us. I believe we will be at 500,000 by April 1. I would take that as a win.

Return to “POLITICS”