"The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: "The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:47 pm
Explicit call = BS. Flynn explicitly said "I'm not calling for that".
Good people on both sides
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:24 pm
That's right. There are good people who don't want to see statues torn down by mobs.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:28 pm
That's right. There are good people who don't want to see statues torn down by mobs.
Un huh. Fine people. We were on the winning side.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:35 pm
Your fine people are now going after Lincoln.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:37 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:35 pm
Your fine people are now going after Lincoln.
Really
CU77

Post by CU77 »

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:04 pm Flynn's a bomb thrower. This bomb went viral, like "lock her up" did. Bread & circuses.
Calling for the jailing of a political opponent during an election, and getting a crowd at the party convention to chant it, is not "bread & circuses". It's a direct attack on democracy.
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:32 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:04 pm Flynn's a bomb thrower. This bomb went viral, like "lock her up" did. Bread & circuses.
Calling for the jailing of a political opponent during an election, and getting a crowd at the party convention to chant it, is not "bread & circuses". It's a direct attack on democracy.
:lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:08 pm
Laugh away. We're serious. It is.
Character revealed.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:25 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:08 pm
Laugh away. We're serious. It is.
Character revealed.
:lol: ...you have a problem with the First Amendment.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

First amendment isn’t absolute. You should know that.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:17 am First amendment isn’t absolute. You should know that.
You beat me to it.

Salty,
I have zero problem with the First Amendment, I'm exercising mine.

But yes, "crying fire in a crowded theatre" is against the law, as is libel and slander, as is false advertising...all sorts of reasonable restrictions on speech. Lying to the FBI, to a judge, under oath...all restricted speech.

Promoting the possibility of invoking martial law and of jailing political foes may or may not be illegal (I don't think they are, though calling for followers to exercise their "Second Amendment rights" in order to overthrow an election would be or otherwise to do violence), but all choices of what to say, when and how, reveal the person speaking, regardless of legality.

Choices reveal character. And Flynn's choices of what to say have revealed him.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

The criminal Mike Flynn: either crazy or a modern grifter. Either works to describe him.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/michael-f ... non-merch/

"Flynn started to more aggressively court his QAnon fans this year, taking the “QAnon oath” in July and appearing on QAnon podcasts after receiving a pardon in November. Along the way, Flynn once again became an adviser to Trump, reportedly urging the president to impose martial law in a recent, heated Oval Office meeting.

Flynn aligned himself even further with QAnon on Tuesday, endorsing a T-shirt website called “Shirt Show USA” that sells QAnon gear and other “official” Flynn-themed merchandise. The website’s offerings include camo trucker hats, T-shirts, and sweatshirts with the phrase “WWG1WGA,” a reference to the central QAnon motto, “Where we go one, we go all.”

The ad copy describing the $35 trucker hats makes clear that the site’s creators endorse QAnon, including a reference to another QAnon term, the “Great Awakening.”

“It's no conspiracy and it's certainly more than a theory,” the description reads. “The Great Awakening is happening and the signs are everywhere.”

Flynn’s son Michael Flynn Jr. also endorsed the site on Tuesday, saying the money would support his father and “digital soldiers.”

“Each purchase helps @genflynn and his army of Digital Soldiers in the fight against fake news,” the younger Flynn posted on conservative media site Parler.

The Digital Soldiers website, which features Flynn’s signature, bills itself as the home for an “insurgency” of “thousands of fellow digital soldiers.”

“Digital Soldiers from all over the world have stepped up to fill the void where real journalism once stood,” the site reads. “We are pushing back against the rise of fake news.”

The FBI classifies QAnon as a potential source of domestic terrorism. The conspiracy theory has been tied to three murders, a terrorist incident, alleged child kidnapping plots, and other crimes."
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:49 pm The criminal Mike Flynn: either crazy or a modern grifter. Either works to describe him.

"Flynn started to more aggressively court his QAnon fans this year, taking the “QAnon oath” in July and appearing on QAnon podcasts after receiving a pardon in November. Along the way, Flynn once again became an adviser to Trump, reportedly urging the president to impose martial law in a recent, heated Oval Office meeting.

Flynn aligned himself even further with QAnon on Tuesday, endorsing a T-shirt website called “Shirt Show USA” that sells QAnon gear and other “official” Flynn-themed merchandise. The website’s offerings include camo trucker hats, T-shirts, and sweatshirts with the phrase “WWG1WGA,” a reference to the central QAnon motto, “Where we go one, we go all.”

The ad copy describing the $35 trucker hats makes clear that the site’s creators endorse QAnon, including a reference to another QAnon term, the “Great Awakening.”

“It's no conspiracy and it's certainly more than a theory,” the description reads. “The Great Awakening is happening and the signs are everywhere.”

Flynn’s son Michael Flynn Jr. also endorsed the site on Tuesday, saying the money would support his father and “digital soldiers.”

“Each purchase helps @genflynn and his army of Digital Soldiers in the fight against fake news,” the younger Flynn posted on conservative media site Parler.

The Digital Soldiers website, which features Flynn’s signature, bills itself as the home for an “insurgency” of “thousands of fellow digital soldiers.”

“Digital Soldiers from all over the world have stepped up to fill the void where real journalism once stood,” the site reads. “We are pushing back against the rise of fake news.”

The FBI classifies QAnon as a potential source of domestic terrorism. The conspiracy theory has been tied to three murders, a terrorist incident, alleged child kidnapping plots, and other crimes."
Well respected by our board’s esteemed military cognoscenti. Flynn is above criticism.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:54 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:49 pm The criminal Mike Flynn: either crazy or a modern grifter. Either works to describe him.

Well respected by our board’s esteemed military cognoscenti. Flynn is above criticism.
He was an appetizer, right?
CU77

Post by CU77 »

"Flynn started to more aggressively court his QAnon fans this year, taking the “QAnon oath” in July
Wow, I did not know that Flynn is now a Qupie Boy.

Wonder how many of his defenders, here and elsewhere, are the same.
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:34 pm

"Flynn started to more aggressively court his QAnon fans this year, taking the “QAnon oath” in July

They are everywhere, living amongst us. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:45 pm
CU77 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:34 pm

They are everywhere, living amongst us. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Something something ANTIFA.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:45 pm Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Oh, I am!

When so many people defend a Qupieboy (who is also an admitted liar and a convicted criminal) as someone fit to be National Security Advisor, you bet I'm afraid.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:07 pm

Yep. Foie Gras apparently.
Perhaps Salty will suggest that DOPUS DICKWAD name a military installation after him (as with all the others who received that honor for similar acts of sedition and treason against the government and Constitution of the United States) - after all he has to be a better commander than Braxton Bragg. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:49 am
seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:07 pm

Yep. Foie Gras apparently.
Perhaps Salty will suggest that DOPUS DICKWAD name a military installation after him (as with all the others who received that honor for similar acts of sedition and treason against the government and Constitution of the United States) - after all he has to be a better commander than Braxton Bragg. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then you all have to start going after all of those streets on those army posts named after southern generals. Every paratrooper at Ft Bragg has made that long hump down Longstreet Rd to get back to the barracks.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.

Return to “POLITICS”