CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:29 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:14 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:52 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:53 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:17 pm
holmes435 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:43 pm I've got family a little southeast of Syracuse. I feel like driving around rural upstate NY and rural PA in the past decade, I see as many or more confederate flags than driving around rural VA and NC. It's the darnedest thing.
Living in SoMd then central Md since 1978, I recall seeing just 1 Confederate flag.
It flew on a tall flag pole in front of a well kept house, across the highway (old MD 2) from the Frying Pan restaurant in Lusby, just north of Southern Middle School, just north of the county athletic fields.
I don't recall seeing it last time(s) I drove that route.
sheesh, in MD and PA I see them surprisingly frequently in the back of pick up trucks, though only occasionally on flag poles though...are you sure you're tuned in? Saw quite a few on poles driving south to Florida though.
I'm plenty tuned in. Flying flags in the back of pickup trucks wasn't a big thing in SoMd then or apparently now in the Annapolis area.
You are right about the pickups: https://www.capitalgazette.com/ph-ac-cn ... utType=amp
:lol: ...one old faded flag on a pole in Glen Burnie (closer to Baltimore than Annapolis, geographically & culturally).
A flag taped on a mail box in Edgewater is all the Crabwrapper investigative journalists could find. All over 5 years ago.
Thanks for proving my point.
I said you were right. Happy New Year.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’ve seen a number around I81, Hagerstown area of MD
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:37 pm

No, this is just another “form of peaceful protest” and free speech at work “helping give voice” to an ignored group of citizens.

Opposite side of the BLM coin.

That's a marvelous standard of morality and good will you display there. Just imagine, defacing public property, dumping hate filled propaganda garbage, defaming an honorable politician like Biden who has given so much during his years in public service, honoring the flag of treason which killed over 600,000 Americans during the 1860s and which led to the lynchings of thousands of innocent blacks, and all that hate is somehow "peaceful" and "giving voice".

Simply marvelous. Yes, simply marvelous.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Were you not paying attention to the BLM protests doing exactly the same type of things?

Defacing Public property, spewing hate, cheering the injury/death of public servants...

As I said, opposite sides of the same coin.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

I must have missed the recent lynchings and 600,000 dead due to the BLM movement.

But it's the same coin.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:13 pm I must have missed the recent lynchings and 600,000 dead due to the BLM movement.

But it's the same coin.
So wait, BLM is about lynchings now? I thought it was about police brutality?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:21 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:13 pm I must have missed the recent lynchings and 600,000 dead due to the BLM movement.

But it's the same coin.
Who did the lynchings Kram? Who didn't investigate and prosecute them?

Quite the tradition, right?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:52 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:53 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:17 pm
holmes435 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:43 pm I've got family a little southeast of Syracuse. I feel like driving around rural upstate NY and rural PA in the past decade, I see as many or more confederate flags than driving around rural VA and NC. It's the darnedest thing.
Living in SoMd then central Md since 1978, I recall seeing just 1 Confederate flag.
It flew on a tall flag pole in front of a well kept house, across the highway (old MD 2) from the Frying Pan restaurant in Lusby, just north of Southern Middle School, just north of the county athletic fields.
I don't recall seeing it last time(s) I drove that route.
sheesh, in MD and PA I see them surprisingly frequently in the back of pick up trucks, though only occasionally on flag poles though...are you sure you're tuned in? Saw quite a few on poles driving south to Florida though.
I'm plenty tuned in. Flying flags in the back of pickup trucks wasn't a big thing in SoMd then or apparently now in the Annapolis area.
Nah, you're obviously not sensitive to seeing a Confederate flag...some folks are oblivious.

I've told the story multiple times of my dad and his grandkids in Charlottesville on his 75th birthday...the grandkids dismayed at all the Confederate flags on graves, my dad being defensive about it, hadn't ever really noticed...then tried to explain it away...

I do quite agree that it's relatively rare in the Annapolis area and one would be surprised to see one in a pickup truck (though less rare in Glen Burnie). But heck, you're also not likely to see many in downtown Baltimore...but head out to beyond Frederick??

Goes with the gun rack apparently...
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

I’ve seen plenty of the Confederacy of tRumpkin battle flags in the Eastern Shore: Southern Maryland, slower Delaware, and Flappalachia Virginia.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:38 pm Nah, you're obviously not sensitive to seeing a Confederate flag...some folks are oblivious
:lol: ...you are so full of _ _ it. Telling people what they don't see. Your most arrogant post ever.
old salt

Post by old salt »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:01 pm I’ve seen plenty of the Confederacy of tRumpkin battle flags in the Eastern Shore: Southern Maryland, slower Delaware, and Flappalachia Virginia.
Where & when did you see them in SoMd ? How 'bout some specifics. Pt Lookout doesn't count.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:14 pm Were you not paying attention to the BLM protests doing exactly the same type of things?

Defacing Public property, spewing hate, cheering the injury/death of public servants...

BLM has tax exempt status as I have shown you previously. I have also shown you proof that it was given a humanitarian award for helping a city to avoid violence. BLM was not proven to be the cause of urban violence. By contrast your pals in Proud Boys, Boogaloo Bois, and Three Percenters were. Far more of them are in jail for their crimes as compared to Antifa.

BLM did not cause nor call for civil war, lynchings, or killing of anyone.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:25 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:38 pm Nah, you're obviously not sensitive to seeing a Confederate flag...some folks are oblivious
:lol: ...you are so full of _ _ it. Telling people what they don't see. Your most arrogant post ever.

POS flag of treason. Should only be used in lieu of toilet paper.

Typical Lax Dad

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:53 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:14 pm Were you not paying attention to the BLM protests doing exactly the same type of things?

BLM has tax exempt status as I have shown you previously. I have also shown you proof that it was given a humanitarian award for helping a city to avoid violence. BLM was not proven to be the cause of urban violence. By contrast your pals in Proud Boys, Boogaloo Bois, and Three Percenters were. Far more of them are in jail for their crimes as compared to Antifa.

You mean the race war didn’t happen? I thought it was “game on”.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:01 pm

Biden/Harris won. War cancelled.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:01 pm

Biden/Harris won. War cancelled.
Helter Skelter
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:33 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:01 pm I’ve seen plenty of the Confederacy of tRumpkin battle flags in the Eastern Shore: Southern Maryland, slower Delaware, and Flappalachia Virginia.
Where & when did you see them in SoMd ? How 'bout some specifics. Pt Lookout doesn't count.
Fruitland, Snow Hill, Girdletree, Stockton — along Rt.12 between Salisbury and the Md/Va line.

Amusingly enough, the Dixieland Sunoco station just over the line on 13 has put a white cover over the flag that was part of their sign. You can still see the flag at night through the white cover.

Although I have relatives who fought for the Confederacy I know what that flag was and is: an emblem of separation and division. Time for that nonsense to stop.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:25 pm
Hey, you probably didn't 'see' them...that's what I would call "oblivious" and not "sensitive" to it, not "tuned in". I gave the example of my father not noticing, oblivious...until it was pointed out by his grandchildren. And then defensive.

We get it, Salty, you simply weren't tuned into the flag being something that was offensive, even threatening to you and yours. From your other comments on race, that's not surprising, but let me be clear, being oblivious in the past doesn't make someone "racist", but it's certainly an example of "white privilege".
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:33 pm
And you call my post arrogant??? :roll:
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:21 pm

But it's the same coin.
Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses.

Same as it ever was.

Return to “POLITICS”