All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

wgdsr

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:46 am
DMac wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:20 am So what do we think of the MIT Ph.D.?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyATVIag9vY
I will avoid the political, partisan, shoot the messenger shotgun approach. What the Dr. speaks of is indeed based in science, and everyone knows what we put into our body, how we think and feel, is part and parcel to healing and positive results for a healthy lifestyle.

Why else do you think people are taking vitamin D all of a sudden....in police work they call that a clue, You should not need to take it regularly if you go outside for a couple/few hours and stop sitting on the couch or office chair.
things are moving too fast for us. and changing narratives or findings even if we were investigating them breeds either confusion at best, or accusations at worst.

george carlin summed immune systems up quicker and with more panache:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X29lF43mUlo&feature=share
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

1.7 million people are dead......All I need to know. Take some vitamins to boost your immune system and hope it helps you fight the virus once you are infected. SOP.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I will avoid the political, partisan, shoot the messenger shotgun approach. What the Dr. speaks of is indeed based in science, and everyone knows what we put into our body, how we think and feel, is part and parcel to healing and positive results for a healthy lifestyle.

Why else do you think people are taking vitamin D all of a sudden....in police work they call that a clue, You should not need to take it regularly if you go outside for a couple/few hours and stop sitting on the couch or office chair.
:) I just think it's relevant to understand where a cat is coming from before investing an hour in listening to him. Very smart guy, but IMO a whack job.

Which does not make him wrong about the importance of having a strong immune system...all sorts of things one can do to improve immune resiliency... or the opposite, to compromise one's immune system. Our business did a video/educational module on Eating Well for Immune Health this spring. Obesity and its related chronic disease states being big co-morbidities with CV-19. Well received, but I'd suggest just another reason for healthy behaviors long term.

But no one should be kidding theirselves that there's a rapid magic bullet for staving off CV-19 infection or response at this point in their life. We can try to do things that help our immune responses not overreact to CV-19 but shouldn't kid ourselves that means we're not actually at risk...and more importantly it certainly doesn't mean we can't be a carrier transmitting to others more vulnerable than ourselves, so the heck with masks, distancing etc...

Go ahead and take some vitamin D, get outside and get some sun and fresh air, eat well, get some exercise, lose some weight...all good, but don't think that means you should go to that rave event and won't have an issue or cause an issue for others...
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:26 am

:) I just think it's relevant to understand where a cat is coming from before investing an hour in listening to him. Very smart guy, but IMO a whack job.

Which does not make him wrong about the importance of having a strong immune system...all sorts of things one can do to improve immune resiliency... or the opposite, to compromise one's immune system. Our business did a video/educational module on Eating Well for Immune Health this spring. Obesity and its related chronic disease states being big co-morbidities with CV-19. Well received, but I'd suggest just another reason for healthy behaviors long term.

But no one should be kidding theirselves that there's a rapid magic bullet for staving off CV-19 infection or response at this point in their life. We can try to do things that help our immune responses not overreact to CV-19 but shouldn't kid ourselves that means we're not actually at risk...and more importantly it certainly doesn't mean we can't be a carrier transmitting to others more vulnerable than ourselves, so the heck with masks, distancing etc...

Go ahead and take some vitamin D, get outside and get some sun and fresh air, eat well, get some exercise, lose some weight...all good, but don't think that means you should go to that rave event and won't have an issue or cause an issue for others...
Here is a clue why more people are taking Vitamin D. I was prescribed more vitamin D back in July of 2019. My doctor knew the virus was coming.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41430-020-0558-y

Here is another clue why more people are taking Vitamin D. These folks were also working in Wuhan and knew what was being planned:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6075634/
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:00 am

things are moving too fast for us. and changing narratives or findings even if we were investigating them breeds either confusion at best, or accusations at worst.

Which was my only point in posting that. I consider myself a pretty good soldier when it comes to willingness to fight the war when our country and way of life is threatened, but I'd sure like to have leaders I can trust (got phukt on that once already) and belief that there is a real threat. I wear my mask but question just how effective that is (I wear it into a joint but everyone takes it off once inside....c'mon, w-t-f is that doing?), I see other places that don't wear masks, so whose right and whose wrong? I, the average Joe, do some research and I have the MIT Ph.D. tell me one thing and Dr. Fauci tell me another. Get the vaccine, don't get the vaccine. It's a big klusterphuk and until you have a unified army fighting this war you aint gonna win it (see Vietnam). Yup, confusion for many, and I don't believe Carlin is so wrong.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:46 am

Which was my only point in posting that. I consider myself a pretty good soldier when it comes to willingness to fight the war when our country and way of life is threatened, but I'd sure like to have leaders I can trust (got phukt on that once already) and belief that there is a real threat. I wear my mask but question just how effective that is (I wear it into a joint but everyone takes it off once inside....c'mon, w-t-f is that doing?), I see other places that don't wear masks, so whose right and whose wrong? I, the average Joe, do some research and I have the MIT Ph.D. tell me one thing and Dr. Fauci tell me another. Get the vaccine, don't get the vaccine. It's a big klusterphuk and until you have a unified army fighting this war you aint gonna win it (see Vietnam). Yup, confusion for many, and I don't believe Carlin is so wrong.
People who take their masks off aren’t wearing a mask. If not for economics, bars and restaurants would not be open. I harp on those two because it is so obvious. Retailers don’t have as many people lounging around yapping and taking service from someone. Retail you keep a mask on, do your shopping and get out. I don’t see a lot of people yapping at the grocery store and you should clean hands on the way in and out.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Death by a thousand cuts.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:00 pm

People who take their masks off aren’t wearing a mask. If not for economics, bars and restaurants would not be open. I harp on those two because it is so obvious. Retailers don’t have as many people lounging around yapping and taking service from someone. Retail you keep a mask on, do your shopping and get out. I don’t see a lot of people yapping at the grocery store and you should clean hands on the way in and out.
What is the difference in yapping and breathing...don't they both require inhaling and exhaling? :roll:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:01 pm

Death by a thousand cuts.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/282929

All hype
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:03 pm

What is the difference in yapping and breathing...don't they both require inhaling and exhaling? :roll:
You have a mask on #1. You can look up the difference. You are not that stupid: https://www.pnas.org/content/117/22/11875
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote
But they are open which is the point, no uniformity, not everyone onboard.
Is everyone wiping down carts and hands before and after shopping? No.
Confusion, and not everyone a willing soldier to fight the war. We need a
real leader who people believe and trust. Til then lotta pizzin' in the wind
going on the way I see it.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/centr ... -data-show

i posted this link the other day. saw it a month ago. i had months ago thrown a nature? article estimating much higher bar/restaurant spread of course.

this is the largest contact tracing study done in the u.s. by miles that i've seen. and it throws cold water on the idea on its face at least that the way to limit spread... would be to close bars/restaurants. if you could choose one action that would increase private gatherings, that would be it. if anything gun to my head with just the largest contact tracing report out there to use, i would say it would increase spread.

someone should be making heads or tails of the 2 reports and others like them. but that will not happen. we are flailing.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:10 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote
But they are open which is the point, no uniformity, not everyone onboard.
Is everyone wiping down carts and hands before and after shopping? No.
Confusion, and not everyone a willing soldier to fight the war. We need a
real leader who people believe and trust. Til then lotta pizzin' in the wind
going on the way I see it.
No disagreement from me. We are closing in on about 350,000 dead Americans in 10 months...thats 420,000 Annualized. We may be ahead of that by March 1, 2021. Covid may be the second leading cause of death by then. I will do my part to try to avoid it but there are no guarantees.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:17 pm

i posted this link the other day. saw it a month ago. i had months ago thrown a nature? article estimating much higher bar/restaurant spread of course.

this is the largest contact tracing study done in the u.s. by miles that i've seen. and it throws cold water on the idea on its face at least that the way to limit spread... would be to close bars/restaurants. if you could choose one action that would increase private gatherings, that would be it. if anything gun to my head with just the largest contact tracing report out there to use, i would say it would increase spread.

someone should be making heads or tails of the 2 reports and others like them. but that will not happen. we are flailing.
Show me the study that says keeping bars and restaurants open is helpful.....people that don’t go out and mix are likely to spread it at home? That is a yes or no question. You can get into degrees later.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:19 pm

Show me the study that says keeping bars and restaurants open is helpful.
i just did. in a vacuum.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:21 pm

i just did. in a vacuum.
We should have everyone shelter in bars and restaurants with no masks since it’s helpful. Seems like a sure fire way to get this over.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:25 pm

i just did. in a vacuum.
We should have everyone shelter in bars and restaurants with no masks since it’s helpful. Seems like a sure fire way to get this over.
sarcasm won't change the results. imagine for a second you actually had personally taken these results or audited them. and for 46,000 cases... every 3 out 4 you took and found were household and gathering. over and over and over. 46,000 times. and every 70 or so you came across one bar/restaurant. every 50 or so a school. if your solution after going thru that exercise 46,000 times was to close schools and/or restaurants i'd be surprised.

i knew you wouldn't like this!
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:33 pm

i just did. in a vacuum.
sarcasm won't change the results. imagine for a second you actually had personally taken these results or audited them. and for 46,000 cases... every 3 out 4 you took and found were household and gathering. over and over and over. 46,000 times. and every 70 or so you came across one bar/restaurant. every 50 or so a school. if your solution after going thru that exercise 46,000 times was to close schools and/or restaurants i'd be surprised.

So the person person causing the spread picked it up at home? I am not surprised that a person would, let say sitting around eating and drinking and yapping, bring it home. I don’t equate a school with a bar and restaurant. We have to make some tough decisions. Bars and restaurants are low hanging fruit. We can disagree. Until I see a study that says keeping bars and restaurants open helps fight the virus, I will assume the worse. You believe keeping bars and restaurants open helps combat the spread?
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:37 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:33 pm

i just did. in a vacuum.

So the person person causing the spread picked it up at home? I am not surprised that a person would, let say sitting around eating and drinking and yapping, bring it home. I don’t equate a school with a bar and restaurant. We have to make some tough decisions. Bars and restaurants are low hanging fruit. We can disagree. Until I see a study that says keeping bars and restaurants open helps fight the virus, I will assume the worse. You believe keeping bars and restaurants open helps combat the spread?
i believe no one here knows.

Return to “POLITICS”