2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:43 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:34 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:23 pm There’s a whole bunch of people in NYC who’ve accomplished far more than Tubberville,
If acquiring wealth by manipulating other peoples money is your measure of accomplishment.
NY State would be Alabama without NYC. Just go to Stueben Co and then come tell me what you think. Or the year rounders in the Adirondacks, Sullivan co, the area from Watertown to Potsdam, Hornell, Albion, Mexico NY near Syracuse, etc. endicott johnson shoes gone. Kodak-dead. Carrier and xerox relocated. You’ve got M&T, Paychex and some regional distressed dairy processors like Byrne and Crowley (who’s one their deathbed as we speak). NYC drives everything economically for the state, not the Carrier Dome, Bills Stadium, the Finger or Great Lakes or Lake Placid. If NYC were the state capital, which arguably would make sense then Upstate would then become Mississippi.
Thanks to the Masters of the Universe in NYC shipping the jobs offshore.
The Masters of the Universe in Arkansas had a lot to do with it....

https://www.demos.org/policy-briefs/not ... ing%20jobs.
How about the growth of SE Asia on the backs of the 1.0 iteration (and 2.0 as well to the extent they have tangible assets and labor to do so with) Silicon Valley. The semiconductor industry, Celestica and Flextronics and the whole OEM industry. Or maybe IBM originally based in Endicott, NY first moving to the NYC suburbs and then when I was in college ripping the last 13,000 jobs out of the area?

Victims need an antagonist though...
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:39 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:23 pm There’s a whole bunch of people in NYC who’ve accomplished far more than Tubberville,
If acquiring wealth by manipulating other peoples money is your measure of accomplishment.
NY State would be Alabama without NYC. Just go to Stueben Co and then come tell me what you think. Or the year rounders in the Adirondacks, Sullivan co, the area from Watertown to Potsdam, Hornell, Albion, Mexico NY near Syracuse, etc. endicott johnson shoes gone. Kodak-dead. Carrier and xerox relocated. You’ve got M&T, Paychex and some regional distressed dairy processors like Byrne and Crowley (who’s one their deathbed as we speak). NYC drives everything economically for the state, not the Carrier Dome, Bills Stadium, the Finger or Great Lakes or Lake Placid. If NYC were the state capital, which arguably would make sense then Upstate would then become Mississippi.

How about the growth of SE Asia on the backs of the 1.0 iteration (and 2.0 as well to the extent they have tangible assets and labor to do so with) Silicon Valley. The semiconductor industry, Celestica and Flextronics and the whole OEM industry. Or maybe IBM originally based in Endicott, NY first moving to the NYC suburbs and then when I was in college ripping the last 13,000 jobs out of the area?

How are the big 3 auto manufacturers headquarters doing in upstate NY?

http://www.manufacturingnews.com/news/TAA0731131.html
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

One teeny tiny problem. The text of the 12th amendment gives Pence one job and one job only: to open the envelopes containing the certificates. The 12th amendment does not even expressly say that Pence is the one to count the votes.

The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted.

If Pence wasn't an FLP TDS deep state commie pinko treasoner, he would just refuse to open the envelopes. And since there's no constitutional work around to the unopened envelopes, the only alternative would be martial law and Trump being declared leader for life. It is all so simple.

Make Pence release the Kraken!!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:56 pm

much of what happened over the decades for an ag and manufacturing upstate economy is:
- some of the manufacturers got left behind
- some moved jobs offshore
- some moved out of state for their own tax breaks

cuomo (the younger) had little to nothing to do with any of that. manufacturers under his watch enjoy nice breaks. under his dad and others, they weren't kept around or added. so too late.

so far, what i get from outsider and contacts is what's left -- small business -- is underserved as it's not his constituency. and new manufacturing not enough effort to attract. lot of catch 22 cycle involved on a lot of it on taxes then hitting the people and it piles on. and the crony deals make the news.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:07 pm

much of what happened over the decades for an ag and manufacturing upstate economy is:

cuomo (the younger) had little to nothing to do with any of that. manufacturers under his watch enjoy nice breaks. under his dad and others, they weren't kept around or added. so too late.

so far, what i get from outsider and contacts is what's left -- small business -- is underserved as it's not his constituency. and new manufacturing not enough effort to attract. lot of catch 22 cycle involved on a lot of it on taxes then hitting the people and it piles on. and the crony deals make the news.
A lot of places like that. Free market economy to maximize shareholder value. The differential is made up in folks’ 401k. Just ask all those folks upstate that are benefiting from the boom in the stock market..... I shared a limo with the old man Coumo back in the mid 1990’s. He was in NYC to discuss some development project. Shortly before he lost to Pataki. We were on the phone with him the day after he lost. A long time ago. I was in a different space back then.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Obviously that’s a little dated but that’s this decade, post financial crisis.

The Duncan (bear GSP area on I26 heading towards Asheville just off I85N) and Spartanburg ones are interesting because the GSP area is heralded as a relatively booming area with BMW, Goodyear and a number of other companies with labor intensive jobs plus perhaps what’s left of the legacy portions of Fluor Corp which is based in San Diego buy product of a major merger with Daniels Construction in Greenville in the late 70s or early 80s, but since a CEO rolled in late 80s or around 1990 they made Sam Diego home with a meaningful presence remaining in Greenville. That may have shrunk in the last 25 or so years though. Nonetheless, the GSP area has held a distinction as #1 in FDI per capita for Major MSAs not that long ago for a number of years so interesting to see businesses there outsourcing labor. (On Lindsey Graham’s watch, no less)

The big one for me though is Bath where my dad grew up. Technically Savona next door to bath (Scudder SRs among the river near an exit on 17/86) but I spent a lot of time as a kid in Bath helping my grandfather (retired coroner for the VA, but when he got married bought a farm, originally w over 100ac, because that’s what his dad and family did and basically carried two jobs for a couple of decades and continued in a smaller capacity after retirement from the VA and because the land got sit by Eminent Domain to build a road into Bath from that exit.) for their Christmas in July in the park where he’d do the farmers market, not to make money so much as just because pretty much til he died. He was also head of the BIG diary festival there for a number of years and head of the local Grange (old school fraternity dedicated to farmers) chapter as well, so we’re talking big swinging dick dude. That all was fun if dumb as a kid but that area, at best kindly described as an exurb of Elmira, has been declining my entire life so that was a major “teeth on the curb” moment for that area: grandparents and others and my father are buried in Nondoga Cemetary, one of my remaining connections to Upstate NY.

But yeah it’s all the money changers in NYC, and that’s the only type of people from or living in NYC at all, who’ve ruined Upstate NY.

Why did Xerox move it’s HQ from Syracuse (area) to CT? Carrier?

I mean I wish for it to get better but when I see Bath on the CRA eligible muni bond list (60% or more of kids receive free or reduced lunch at school) and a meth problem that would make central Florida blush I think it’s asking a lot of M&T Bank (likely in play on one side or the other at this very moment in M&A), Corning, Paychex and Wegmanns to carry the 2-3mm people not attached to capital related paychecks or the NYC area (that 8 million number is more of a MSA than island of Manhattan even including the boroughs).
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:44 pm

A lot of places like that. Free market economy to maximize shareholder value. The differential is made up in folks’ 401k. Just ask all those folks upstate that are benefiting from the boom in the stock market..... I shared a limo with the old man Coumo back in the mid 1990’s. He was in NYC to discuss some development project. Shortly before he lost to Pataki. We were on the phone with him the day after he lost. A long time ago. I was in a different space back then.
What Wg said makes a lot of sense, while I spent a lot of time in Binghamton first half of this year I presume he’s there or more close to current Upstate NY than I am having made maybe 10-15 trips up in the last decade (if that) prior to this year since moving south to Atlanta.

Maybe old Cuomo was more corrupt, certainly we can go back to the Northern State Parkway and housing in the Bronx on native burial land by Robert Moses was gross. Seemed like Pataki was better. A friends father Tom Libous, was convicted on corruption charges. Sheldon Silver was a disaster but he’s long gone. I think these are legacy grievances by Cradle and less applicable in the last 20yrs. The sprawl of the SUNY system is a negative for most areas bc it takes more RE off the tax roll for limited payoff but I’ve heard there’s serious discussion of consolidation which would makes some sense when one thinks of Alfred St, Brockport, Geneseo (a good one), Binghamton, Cortland, Buff, Fredonia, Potsdam, Morrisville, etc. the shrinking communities probably don’t warrant all of those these days.

The only hope is it is cyclical and some areas can make the right long term decisions to become attractive at that point of shifting. Pittsburg was dead in the water 20yrs ago and has bounced back pretty well. A small area of growth, though not a killer but solid, is certain mortgage and GSE multifamily Finance back office and servicing operations in the Buffalo area. Most of those are solid generic associates/bachelors with basic computer skills Corporate gigs with larger businesses (similar to Jacksonville, FL) but super low margin volume and subject to intensive tech innovation to reduce manual labor. But should add a little. Would like to think the Rochester area and possibly SUNY Bing, could incubate a few businesses over time with their research and graduate programs. Mini Raleigh Durham area. But hard to know for sure.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:56 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:44 pm

What Wg said makes a lot of sense, while I spent a lot of time in Binghamton first half of this year I presume he’s there or more close to current Upstate NY than I am having made maybe 10-15 trips up in the last decade (if that) prior to this year since moving south to Atlanta.

Maybe old Cuomo was more corrupt, certainly we can go back to the Northern State Parkway and housing in the Bronx on native burial land by Robert Moses was gross. Seemed like Pataki was better. A friends father Tom Libous, was convicted on corruption charges. Sheldon Silver was a disaster but he’s long gone. I think these are legacy grievances by Cradle and less applicable in the last 20yrs. The sprawl of the SUNY system is a negative for most areas bc it takes more RE off the tax roll for limited payoff but I’ve heard there’s serious discussion of consolidation which would makes some sense when one thinks of Alfred St, Brockport, Geneseo (a good one), Binghamton, Cortland, Buff, Fredonia, Potsdam, Morrisville, etc. the shrinking communities probably don’t warrant all of those these days.

The only hope is it is cyclical and some areas can make the right long term decisions to become attractive at that point of shifting. Pittsburg was dead in the water 20yrs ago and has bounced back pretty well. A small area of growth, though not a killer but solid, is certain mortgage and GSE multifamily Finance back office and servicing operations in the Buffalo area. Most of those are solid generic associates/bachelors with basic computer skills Corporate gigs with larger businesses (similar to Jacksonville, FL) but super low margin volume and subject to intensive tech innovation to reduce manual labor. But should add a little. Would like to think the Rochester area and possibly SUNY Bing, could incubate a few businesses over time with their research and graduate programs. Mini Raleigh Durham area. But hard to know for sure.
My hometown saw a 46% decline in population. Went from
13 high schools to 5 at one point. Jobs left, people that could leave or were motivated to leave left. Crack baby generation left behind.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I moved there in 1989 so a lot of the decline had already occurred but was fresh wounds for everyone but the City of Binghamton, not including the MSA or Triple Cities, had 80,674 People in 1950 and negative growth (declines) for every subsequent decade including the 2010s through 2018. Currently stands at 44,399 (about 50% between the cohorts that make up 24-65, 15.3% over 65yrs, but in some cases still paying legacy pension costs to retirees from the 1950s and 1960s at nearly twice the population). Downsizing a city is hard and they did it all wrong.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I will last myself on the back as I can still eat like in from Upstate NY (rotund, perhaps a mustache, likely to have a Bills starter jacket on and think that a Nick Tahoe’s should be Michelin’s rated).

My 8yr old son and I are at a neighborhood spot mowing through ten smoked wings (five lemon pepper, five Thai chili), the all round Brussels sprouts and splitting a Tavernator burger). And I think we are going to finish it all. He come by it naturally but we’re talking all bone is in mouth sucking everything off like a 45yr old iron worker!

Edit (forgot link to menu): https://www.thecornertavern.com/menus/#little-5
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Opinion in the Times this morning:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/29/opin ... e=Homepage

"President Trump recently tweeted that “the ‘Justice’ Department and FBI have done nothing about the 2020 Presidential Election Voter Fraud,” followed by these more ominous lines: “Never give up. See everyone in D.C. on January 6th.”

The unmistakable reference is to the day Congress will count the Electoral College’s votes, with Vice President Mike Pence presiding. Mr. Trump is leaning on the vice president and congressional allies to invalidate the November election by throwing out duly certified votes for Joe Biden.

Mr. Pence thus far has not said he would do anything like that, but his language is worrisome. Last week, he said: “We’re going to keep fighting until every legal vote is counted. We’re going to win Georgia, we’re going to save America,” as a crowd screamed, “Stop the steal.”

And some Republicans won’t let up. On Monday, Representative Louie Gohmert of Texas and other politicians filed a frivolous lawsuit, which has multiple fatal flaws in both form and substance, in an attempt to force the vice president to appoint pro-Trump electors.

Mr. Trump himself has criticized virtually everyone’s view of the election, from that of the Supreme Court to the F.B.I. to Senator Mitch McConnell, but he has never attacked Mr. Pence, suggesting he has hopes for the vice president.

But as a matter of constitutional text and history, any effort on Jan. 6 is doomed to fail. It would also be profoundly anti-democratic and unconstitutional.

Both Article II of the Constitution and the 12th Amendment say that the votes of the Electoral College are to be opened by the “president of the Senate,” meaning the vice president. The Electoral Count Act, passed in 1887 to avoid chaotic counts like the one that followed the 1876 election, adds important details. It provides a detailed timeline to tabulate electoral votes, culminating with the final count to take place on Jan. 6, and it delineates the powers of the vice president.

He is to be the “presiding officer” (meaning he is to preserve order and decorum), open the ballot envelopes, provide those results to a group of tellers, call for any objection by members of Congress, announce the results of any votes on objections, and ultimately announce the result of the vote.

Nothing in either the text of the Constitution or the Electoral Count Act gives the vice president any substantive powers. His powers are ministerial, and that circumscribed role makes general sense: The whole point of an election is to let the people decide who will rule them. If an incumbent could simply maneuver to keep himself in office — after all, a maneuver to protect Mr. Trump also protects Mr. Pence — the most foundational precept of our government would be gravely undermined. In America, “we the people,” not “we, the vice president,” control our destiny.

The drafters of the Electoral Count Act consciously insisted on this weakened role for the vice president. They guarded against any pretense he might have to throw out a particular state’s votes, saying that the vice president must open “all certificates and papers purporting to be” electoral votes. They further said, in the event of a dispute, both chambers of Congress would have to disagree with a particular state’s slate of electoral votes to reject them. And they made it difficult for Congress to disagree, adding measures such as a “safe harbor” provision and deference to certification by state officials.

In this election, certification is clear. There are no ongoing legal challenges in the states of any merit whatsoever. All challenges have lost, spectacularly and often, in the courts. The states and the electors have spoken their will. Neither Vice President Pence nor the loyal followers of President Trump have a valid basis to contest anything.

To be sure, this structure creates awkwardness, as it forces the vice president to announce the result even when personally unfavorable.

After the close election of 1960, Richard Nixon, as vice president, counted the votes for his opponent, John Kennedy. Al Gore, in perhaps one of the more dramatic moments of our Republic’s short history, counted the votes and reported them in favor of George W. Bush.

Watching Mr. Gore count the votes, shut off all challenges and deliver the presidency to Mr. Bush was a powerful moment in our democracy. By the time he counted the votes, America and the world knew where he stood. And we were all lifted up when Mr. Gore, at the end, asked God to bless the new president and vice president and joined the chamber in applause.

Republican leaders — including Senators McConnell, Roy Blunt and John Thune — have recognized the outcome of the election, despite the president’s wrath. Mr. McConnell put it in clear terms: “The Electoral College has spoken. So today, I want to congratulate President-elect Joe Biden.”

Notably, Mr. Pence has been silent. He has not even acknowledged the historic win by Kamala Harris, the nation’s first female, first African-American and first Asian-American vice president.

He now stands on the edge of history as he begins his most consequential act of leadership. The question for Vice President Pence, as well as other members of Congress, is which side of history he wants to come down on. Can he show the integrity demonstrated by every previous presidential administration? The American people accept a graceful loser, but a sore loser never goes down well in the history books.

We urge Mr. Pence to study our first president. After the Revolutionary War, the artist Benjamin West reported that King George had asked him what General Washington would do now that America was independent. West said that Washington would give up power and go back to farming. King George responded with words to the effect that “if he does that, he will be the greatest man in the world.”

Indeed, Washington did so, surrendering command of the army to Congress and returning to Mount Vernon for years until he was elected president. And he again relinquished power eight years later, even though many would have been happy to keep him president for life. Washington in this way fully realized the American Republic, because there is no Republic without the peaceful transfer of power.

And it’s now up to Mr. Pence to recognize exactly that. Like all those that have come before him, he should count the votes as they have been certified and do everything he can to oppose those who would do otherwise. This is no time for anyone to be a bystander — our Republic is on the line."

Neal Katyal (@neal_katyal), a former acting solicitor general of the United States and the author of “Impeach: The Case Against Donald Trump,” is a law professor at Georgetown. John Monsky is the creator of the American History Unbound Series of multimedia productions that covers watershed moments in American History and is a board member of the New-York Historical Society.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

“We continue to monitor how other Georgia counties respond to the suppression scheme,” said attorney Marc Elias. “Where necessary, we will sue and we will win.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/531907-jud ... ate-runoff

The funny thing is that the voters found to have fraudulently registered will turn out to be r's.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Of course this r is a liar and not going to honor is word...

https://thehill.com/homenews/531485-pen ... oney-after

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho ... d-n1252419

Patrick should follow the MAGA legal lead and sue him.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

If acquiring wealth by manipulating other peoples money is your measure of accomplishment. Seems T2 wasn't good at that either....for a "smart" guy, he sure gotten taken a bunch.
Thanks to the Masters of the Universe in NYC shipping the jobs offshore. Rs are the party of letting the markets be free...how'd that work out?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:52 am Of course this r is a liar and not going to honor is word...

Funny.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:21 am
CU88 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:52 am Of course this r is a liar and not going to honor is word...

Funny.
MD, what’s the point of your post here? I don’t understand why your sense of humor is related.
Please explain.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:59 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:21 am

Funny.
MD, what’s the point of your post here? I don’t understand why your sense of humor is related.
Please explain.
You don't understand why it's a chuckle or you don't see the connection of PA-TX controversy with Donald Trump- FIRED?

Or are you just challenging for drill because I asked what the point of your posts on the Race in America thread were? I was serious, just didn't see the connection of a series of posts unrelated to race. Thought you might have a connection I didn't see...you did, even if it was a bit obtuse (IMO).
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Donald Trump is clearly unhappy with having to sign the stimulus bill meant to relieve the massive economic pain from his bungled response to the coronavirus pandemic. Why else would he sign it abruptly, as he did late Sunday, to no fanfare? After all, this is a man who demands adulation at his every waking moment. Yet when it came to signing a bill that will send checks to millions of Americans, Trump was curiously camera-shy. Trump eschewing a camera is like a dog rejecting his favorite treat — clearly, the manbaby president isn't feeling so hot about how the stimulus standoff ended.

The reason is not particularly mysterious. Signing the bill, for Trump, was yet another massive failure in his long list of massive failures.

https://www.salon.com/2020/12/28/trumps ... -is-a-dud/

Obviously the buffoon signed it because he feared losing Georgia in next week's runoff. "Trump's reputation as a skillful negotiator was always nonsense, the product of his only real talent, which is media manipulation." Thankfully for him, he had the Fo network America haters kissing up to him every week and spewing garbage that would make Dr Goebbels and his Der Stürmer cronies proud of their treasonous work.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

off his rocker...

Return to “POLITICS”