Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU77

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by CU77 »

Might wanna back off there YA. They most definitely do not "predate Christ":
The Asatru Folk Assembly (AFA) is a white supremacist international Ásatrú organization, founded by Stephen A. McNallen in 1994. Its racist doctrines are based on ethnicity, an approach it calls "folkish".[3] Headquartered in Grass Valley, California,[4][5] with chapters worldwide, the AFA is recognized as a 501(c)(3) non-profit religious organization.[6][7]

In 2018, the Southern Poverty Law Center added the Asatru Folk Assembly to its list of hate groups, describing it as a "neo-Völkisch hate group".[8]

The AFA's roots are in the Viking Brotherhood, founded by McNallen in 1972. McNallen was one of the earliest advocates in the United States of reconstructing Germanic Paganism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asatru_Folk_Assembly
Last edited by CU77 on Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU77 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:17 pm Might wanna back off there YA:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asatru_Folk_Assembly
There are good people on both sides.
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Would be an interesting case: a contest between RLUIPA and the prohibition on race exclusion. This is the way the free exercise clause is being used today: a sword to bully one’s way into discriminating against the other. Alito would be fine with this.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

The Asatru Folk Assembly (AFA) is a white supremacist international Ásatrú organization, founded by Stephen A. McNallen in 1994. Its racist doctrines are based on ethnicity, an approach it calls "folkish".[3] Headquartered in Grass Valley, California,[4][5] with chapters worldwide, the AFA is recognized as a 501(c)(3) non-profit religious organization.[6][7]

In 2018, the Southern Poverty Law Center added the Asatru Folk Assembly to its list of hate groups, describing it as a "neo-Völkisch hate group".[8]

The AFA's roots are in the Viking Brotherhood, founded by McNallen in 1972. McNallen was one of the earliest advocates in the United States of reconstructing Germanic Paganism.

No doubt they view tRUMP as the Savior:

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:16 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:20 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:25 am A permit has been approved for a "white-only" church in Minnesota.

Tweet text:
Travis Akers
@travisakers
A permit has been approved for a "white-only" church in Minnesota.

After permit approved for whites-only church, small Minnesota town insists it isn't racist
City leaders said if they had turned down Asatru Folk Assembly, they would have faced an expensive legal battle.
nbcnews.com
8:22 AM · Dec 23, 2020

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/af ... s-n1251838

seriously doubtful that the Great Jewish liberal in the sky would approve:

some folks in town definitely don't:

https://theweek.com/speedreads/956835/r ... nly-church
Not that I agree with them, but did you read the article?

The headline of the article is very misleading because they did not capitalize the word church. They also predate Christ.
You begin your post by stating, “Not that I agree with them,” and then proceed to defend a whites-only racist cult.

:roll:

DocBarrister :?
You are an ass, and so off the mark. Jerk.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:43 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:25 am A permit has been approved for a "white-only" church in Minnesota.

Tweet text:
Travis Akers
@travisakers

After permit approved for whites-only church, small Minnesota town insists it isn't racist
City leaders said if they had turned down Asatru Folk Assembly, they would have faced an expensive legal battle.
nbcnews.com

The headline of the article is very misleading because they did not capitalize the word church. They also predate Christ.
You begin your post by stating, “Not that I agree with them,” and then proceed to defend a whites-only racist cult.

I'll confess that I must not understand why you think that not capitalizing the word church would be misleading. Why should it be capitalized?

I also didn't see anything that would suggest that this particular group/church "predate Christ"...and on further examination, they quite definitely do not. Yes, they're claiming to practice a form of paganism that would be pre-Christian, but this group certainly does not have such actual roots.

So, why do you ask whether the article was read...do you see something in there that I'm not seeing? Or that other posters are not seeing?

Are you defending this group for some reason? Please don't call me an ass or a jerk, I'm actually asking.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Tweet text:
Travis Akers
@travisakers

nbcnews.com

Annnnd, the Christmas spirit is done now.

Where’s that creepy gif of the guy eating popcorn Youth? That’s me now.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:55 pm

Tweet text:
Travis Akers
@travisakers

nbcnews.com

I'll confess that I must not understand why you think that not capitalizing the word church would be misleading. Why should it be capitalized?

I also didn't see anything that would suggest that this particular group/church "predate Christ"...and on further examination, they quite definitely do not. Yes, they're claiming to practice a form of paganism that would be pre-Christian, but this group certainly does not have such actual roots.

So, why do you ask whether the article was read...do you see something in there that I'm not seeing? Or that other posters are not seeing?

Are you defending this group for some reason? Please don't call me an ass or a jerk, I'm actually asking.
You mean the article isn’t about a “church” and it’s not a white separatists organization? I took YA’s comments to mean the article was about something else. I should read it. I assumed the headline didn’t reflect the content of the article.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Tweet text:
Travis Akers
@travisakers

nbcnews.com

Misleading because people see the word and do not realize that there are two spellings of the word based on meaning, and it is only capitalized when in reference to Christ. These knuckleheads give a bad name to the Church.

From the article....
That’s the message the Asatru Folk Assembly in Murdock, Minnesota, is sending after being granted a conditional use permit to open a church there and practice its pre-Christian religion that originated in northern Europe.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:56 pm

Tweet text:
Travis Akers
@travisakers

nbcnews.com

Misleading because people see the word and do not realize that there are two spellings of the word based on meaning, and it is only capitalized when in reference to Christ. These knuckleheads give a bad name to the Church.

From the article....
That’s the message the Asatru Folk Assembly in Murdock, Minnesota, is sending after being granted a conditional use permit to open a church there and practice its pre-Christian religion that originated in northern Europe.
Is it not a church? I haven’t read it.
“I wish you would!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

When Willard Romney and his "peep stone" gang wanted to build themselves a "temple" on top of a knoll in Belmont, Mass, shadowing the awesome to drive during rush hour Route 2, some 25 years ago, I certainly learned for the first time, from a legal standpoint, Aint' anything a town can do regarding zoning, etc. if someone wants to build what they call a "church" or "place of worship"

The article is poorly written and researched. In Massachusettes, it IS called the Dover Amendment. Other states have similar provisions.

Bill Clinton signed THIS into law:

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/STA ... -Pg803.pdf

Hey, Brookie, I will gladly meet you at this house that worships hate and tell the creeps what's what. We can start by roasting marshmellows over a burning cross on the "whitesupremes" lawn. Someone thinks they are Rollo, after binge watching the Vikings.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:56 pm

Tweet text:
Travis Akers
@travisakers

nbcnews.com

From the article....
Thanks.
So, you were concerned that readers would conflate this pseudo-religious hate group with Christianity?

Seems to me that your beef is or should be with the group who applied to build a 'church' under the law, not the headline. But I do see the concern on behalf of Christianity. The headline and article could have used 'place of worship' rather than 'church'...however, I certainly didn't confuse the meaning.

These jerks really should be understood as what they are, a racist hate group. The 'religion' they are practicing is just what they imagine gives them an excuse to be 'whites-only'. The jerk talking about 'culture' is just a racist trying to clothe the hate in a cultish religiosity.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:34 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:54 am
Brooklyn wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:25 pm
Delusional right wingers on this forum still believe cops can do no wrong.
Could you provide some more insight/proof on this claim you keep repeating?
I don’t think I’ve seen anyone post anything that reflects this. At all. Most people understand that there are bad cops and none are infallible.

Haven't we gone over this enough times? One example:

viewtopic.php?p=152858#p152858

Petey and his pals continue to insist that it's black radicals and Dems who are exclusively responsible for unrest. In this post I proved that it is the cops who are. What is Petey's response? "Brook and most Democrats were trying the test balloon of the ‘white supremists and Russians did it’ until they saw Biden’s staff bailing out the thugs. Also, no one bought the imbecilic conspiracy since our eyes are perfectly good."

Another example:

cradleandshoot wrote: ↑Sun May 31, 2020 2:53 pm

''100% the good cops are now paying the price. It is a travesty that so many have to pay such a severe price for the actions of a few of their own.''

My reply:

''Sadly, those "good" cops (assuming there are any) fail to stand up and take corrective action when necessary. For cops to openly hug others when the cameras are rolling is no solution to the problems we have today. Had they stopped the bad cops and prevented the needless death (and others) we would see see this violence and social disorder on TV.

Tell those "good cops" if you know any, take preventive action NOW - stop the vicious attacks BEFORE they take place. Not tomorrow when the cameras are rolling.''

All those "good cops" suffer for the evil actions of the few? Heck, 100% of the cops remain silent because of their omerta which means they are every bit as responsible for the problem because of their silence.

There are plenty of other examples which we don't need to go through again.

The right wingers need to stop blaming Dems, Biden, and innocent blacks who are the real victims here. Further, they need to condemn police omerta and their conspiracy of silence and collaboration with the criminal elements in their forces.
Defund the police, and rid the country of this dangerous "Omerta":

https://fox17.com/news/local/angels-her ... istmas-day
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:58 pm

Good thing this particular case does not involve omerta and that the culprit was "kind" enough to telegraph his intentions.

By contrast, a more relevant link can be found there:

https://reason.com/2020/11/25/cops-who- ... -immunity/

Cops Who Beat and Killed an Innocent Man Are Not Entitled to Qualified Immunity, Appeals Court Rules. But the Cops Who Watched Are.
The legal doctrine provides rogue government agents cushy protections not available to the little guy.

The source of the link is Reason which is a principled libertarian source. All those right wingers who believe in limited government and who endorse the 2d Amendment as a means of enforcing this principle should readily agree with the source.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Agree. Perhaps we can build a statue of this Francis kid to commemorate his brave act:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/charged-aidin ... d=74922691
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:34 pm

Good thing this particular case does not involve omerta and that the culprit was "kind" enough to telegraph his intentions.

Cops Who Beat and Killed an Innocent Man Are Not Entitled to Qualified Immunity, Appeals Court Rules. But the Cops Who Watched Are.
The legal doctrine provides rogue government agents cushy protections not available to the little guy.

The source of the link is Reason which is a principled libertarian source. All those right wingers who believe in limited government and who endorse the 2d Amendment as a means of enforcing this principle should readily agree with the source.
Another "American Hero:"

https://www.wbrc.com/2020/12/25/man-arr ... e-officer/
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:34 pm

More on those despicable dirty cops:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/l ... 052690001/
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

I'm sure he was a member of BLM. :lol:

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kram, what do your posts have to do with the thread topic?

Return to “POLITICS”