2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:39 pm
holmes435 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:36 pm
foreverlax wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:30 pm
calourie wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:52 am https://www.yahoo.com/news/weve-finally ... 00203.html

I was discussing this with my wife last night. My guess is January 6 is the day the republican party irreversibly splits into two parts, Trumplicans and Neorepublicans. In my thinking a petulant Trump takes at least half of his 74,000,000 voters with him in his post POTUS effort to maintain relevancy, and this group will have an overweighted influence on the 2022 primaries. Good luck to what remains of a serious republican party to counteract that.
I've always had the number around 25 million - true lovers of Trump and all the fringe players. i.e. his base.

I was shocked at the total number of votes he got this time, if the EC was proportional, Biden got 272...so either his base is way bigger or there are some that won't vote for a D, period.
IMHO his base has grown since the 25-30% days of the 2016 primaries, but it's nowhere near 48% of the voting populace. It's definitely much more the "hold my nose and vote" group that got him the numbers. People who won't vote for a D in the foreseeable future no matter what their platform is. That's what 30+ years of right wing talk radio and Fox's "us vs. them" mentality has gotten us.
Is there an “left wing radio” equivalent? I don’t know if there is such a thing? If so, far less of a presence on talk radio?
There use to be " Air America' some guy named Al Franken was suppose to be the leftwing version of Rush Limbaugh. Al could be pretty funny from time to time. The proof is in the pudding. I hate to tick off you commie libs but Rush has had his audience for what 30 something years. Al Franken wound up becoming a big time commie lib politician. Until his sexual perversions came to light and he quit the US Senate. If all of America loves you commie libs how come everyday Americans won't even listen to your message on the radio? ;) The answer is, much to the dismay of you commie libs, is that mainstream America is not interested in your bullchit. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

If i was to accept your point of view why would i not just become a FLP democrat.
Why do you "hate" Mitt so much?
I predicted months ago (to scoffs from many of our MAGA posters) that Mittens would become the most powerful Republican in Washington after the election. Seems like that has already happened.

The prime movers on the Covid relief bill were Mitt, Manchin and some others centrist Senators. Heck -- even Lindsey Graham is now a moderate again! Trump, McConnell, Pelosi mostly left out of it.

AOC and Bernie are pinching themselves -- those notorious FLP pinkos, Comrades Romney and Manchin, are now running the show!!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:49 pm
calourie wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:52 am https://www.yahoo.com/news/weve-finally ... 00203.html

I was discussing this with my wife last night. My guess is January 6 is the day the republican party irreversibly splits into two parts, Trumplicans and Neorepublicans. In my thinking a petulant Trump takes at least half of his 74,000,000 voters with him in his post POTUS effort to maintain relevancy, and this group will have an overweighted influence on the 2022 primaries. Good luck to what remains of a serious republican party to counteract that.
I've always had the number around 25 million - true lovers of Trump and all the fringe players. i.e. his base.

I was shocked at the total number of votes he got this time, if the EC was proportional, Biden got 272...so either his base is way bigger or there are some that won't vote for a D, period.
IMHO his base has grown since the 25-30% days of the 2016 primaries, but it's nowhere near 48% of the voting populace. It's definitely much more the "hold my nose and vote" group that got him the numbers. People who won't vote for a D in the foreseeable future no matter what their platform is. That's what 30+ years of right wing talk radio and Fox's "us vs. them" mentality has gotten us.
Is there an “left wing radio” equivalent? I don’t know if there is such a thing? If so, far less of a presence on talk radio?
There use to be " Air America' some guy named Al Franken was suppose to be the leftwing version of Rush Limbaugh. Al could be pretty funny from time to time. The proof is in the pudding. I hate to tick off you commie libs but Rush has had his audience for what 30 something years. Al Franken wound up becoming a big time commie lib politician. Until his sexual perversions came to light and he quit the US Senate. If all of America loves you commie libs how come everyday Americans won't even listen to your message on the radio? ;) The answer is, much to the dismay of you commie libs, is that mainstream America is not interested in your bullchit. :D
Are you including me in that “you commie libs” or are you using “you” in a universal non personal sense of the word?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Bull Meese
Last edited by old salt on Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Disagree. Trump owns the Republican voters until someone steps up and says "enough".
I predict Trump will be significantly faded and irrelevant by the end of 2021. He'll be focused on making money in shady ways, and his MAGAs (having tired of the same old shtick) will have moved on to something else. Of course Trump will say he's running in 2024, but that's just another grift/scam. It will never happen. Trump will be Sarah Palin 2.0.

Trump actually doesn't own those base GOP voters. But those base voters do own the GOP. They did before Trump (back when MAGA was called Tea Party) and will continue to own the GOP after Trump gets back to building Trump Towers in sketchy second world countries.

Many Republicans will be angling for the MAGA/Tea Party demo. Ted Cruz, just one example of many, has spent the last six years positioning himself to be the guy to scoop up the Trumpsters once Trump inevitably fades.

I don't see a resurgence of moderate Republicans, though. Almost all of those (excepting Mittens) have been driven out or branded as RINOs and Never Trumpers. They don't exist in sufficient numbers anymore to make up a winning coalition. The problem, though, is that the MAGA/TP wing isn't big enough either.

My bet is that the GOP just sticks with MAGA/TP (although they won't be stuck with Trump). The GOP can't live/win without MAGA/TP, but they really can't live/win with them either (especially without a bright shiny object like Trump). The GOP won't (really can't) change until a few more red states become reliably blue. With Texas being the big one.

They'll only change after the levers of minority rule (Electoral College, US Senate) stop working. Probably still 20 years away.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Because we are actually living it, been watching REVENGE of the NERDS......and wonder when Hollywood became so "WOKE".

the limp wristed javlin throw scene. Movie came out in 1984......compounded with MASH like nicknames like "spearchucker", the obvious choice of a homosexual AND an African American throwing the spear....I mean javlin. Tolerated Weinstein and Hillaryous Clinton "no gay marriage" stance, right up until a decade ago......

In short, when did Hollywood stop with the hatefilled movies. The homophobia. The hate/stereotypes towards blacks. Of other minorities. Long Duck Dong/Jon hughes, or Waters, I forget. WHEN.....when did the WOKE of Hollywood STOP being homophobic. And mysogynistic?

Or, was there "other" intent when that loser, hypocrite Jimmy Kimmel threw together the "girls on trampolines" or "touch my pants" skits came about. Suddenly, Jimmy is WOKE?

spare us.

Franken has had sexual perversion ever since he tied Beeks up and put him in a cage with the gorilla.

At least Ellen Page, on IMDB, and all/any reference to HER, is listed as a woke thing should be. Elliot.

No one gets banned from twitter when they jerk "cat stevens" or "flea"

Explain again, Rush, why the Dixie Chicks were wrong?
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:45 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:03 am
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:51 am Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel plans to seek sanctions against lawyers who filed lawsuits against the state's election results with claims that featured "intentional misrepresentations."
bit.ly/37FHRBA
Good. These a-holes deserve to lose their licenses to practice.
And to pay the State's (taxpayer's) costs.
Spoken like the true FLP democrat that you are. MD you are the poster child for how totally f***ed up the republican party is. Your a life long Richard Nixon loving Rockefeller blue blood republican. You think that by sucking up to all your FLP friends here on this forum that they will love and respect you. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: You and Mittens have sooooo much in common. Grow yourself some balls MD. If your gonna claim to be a republican at least act like one on occasion. You don't have to be support all your FLP friends here all the time. It is okay if you actually pretend to be a conservative once in awhile. ;)
Republicans have always held the position of limiting waste in the tort system. This is nothing new for anyone who was paying attention even ten years ago.

I think these guys (and women) tying up the court system and administrative resources without any merit and largely in a fraudulent manner should be held accountable. I guess what your saying though is that Republicans no longer care about accountability or limits on abuse of the judicial system?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:59 pm Behold, the Blue wave:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 557&type=3
We don't vote by acreage, right?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:10 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:53 am
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:51 am Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel plans to seek sanctions against lawyers who filed lawsuits against the state's election results with claims that featured "intentional misrepresentations."
bit.ly/37FHRBA
Spoken like the true FLP democrat that you are. MD you are the poster child for how totally f***ed up the republican party is. Your a life long Richard Nixon loving Rockefeller blue blood republican. You think that by sucking up to all your FLP friends here on this forum that they will love and respect you. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
ok, you need YOUR second cup of coffee. ;)

No, I think the shameless, dishonest attack on our democracy deserves tough reprobation. I could care less whether the lawyers are GOP or Dem.

Since when does defending democracy make one FLP???
God help us...
I am working on my 3rd cup of coffee. When are you ever going to defend your own party? I'm not the lifelong Nixon/Agnew republican here... you are skippy. You seem to be 100% clueless that your arguments support the democrats. You have never once to my knowledge defended your own party that you claim a lifelong allegiance to. Maybe you need to consult your brother in law you have locked in your basement. The solution to you MD is really very simple. Why keep bullchitting all of us by claiming you are a Republican. Do what you should have done a long time ago... change your party affiliation to democrat. If you claim to represent mainstream republican ideology you are feeding everybody on this forum an industrial strength line of bullchit. If I was to be a republican i would never accept your viewpoint. If i was to accept your point of view why would i not just become a FLP democrat.
Should George W Bush also change his party affiliation since he’s all but condemned Trump? Should McCain have switched parties along with Flake and Paul Ryan?

I’ve heard MD espouse traditional republican views such as freedoms of opportunity a number of times. It’s the party that sold out to this snake oil salesman. McCain vs Lindsey Graham? Who’s been more honorable and deserving of praise? By your argument Graham is the “true republican” because he falls in line behind a wanna be dictator who wipes his a** with the constitution every chance he gets. If this is your position then your definition of republican also would include the lack of a spine or any leadership qualities whatsoever.

By the way, Trump is now attacking Pat Cipollone, Mark Meadows & Mitch McConnell so I guess those guys should convert party affiliations too since they aren’t real republicans.

I defend MD because we have similar viewpoints along with many good long-standing republicans who held to limited government involvement, freedom to live as one chooses, low to zero wealth transfers. All of which the republicans who flip flopped behind Trump (Whats up Marco Rubio?) no longer behave as though they believe in. I don’t like being told be politicians who flipped their entire mentality around bc they took a PR loss to this guy that I’m not part of a party I supported before most people on Parler or watching OAN ever even paid attention to any of this.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

ggait wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:08 pm
If i was to accept your point of view why would i not just become a FLP democrat.
Why do you "hate" Mitt so much?
I predicted months ago (to scoffs from many of our MAGA posters) that Mittens would become the most powerful Republican in Washington after the election. Seems like that has already happened.

The prime movers on the Covid relief bill were Mitt, Manchin and some others centrist Senators. Heck -- even Lindsey Graham is now a moderate again! Trump, McConnell, Pelosi mostly left out of it.

AOC and Bernie are pinching themselves -- those notorious FLP pinkos, Comrades Romney and Manchin, are now running the show!!
Did I miss the pretend narrative email? The one that ignores Sen. Hawley....at all costs?
carry on
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
ggait

Post by ggait »

Here's the control group in the Senate:

There are several groups of discussions. Among the senators involved in them are Chris Coons (D-Del.), Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), Mitt Romney (R-Utah), Susan Collins (R-Maine), Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), Mark Warner (D-Va.), Rob Portman (R-Ohio), Bill Cassidy (R-La.), Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.) and Michael Bennet (D-Colo.), the sources said. Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin has also been involved in some discussion.

So not really Sen. Hawley's crowd. These days, Hawley seems most aligned with AOC -- advocating for bigger govt handouts and declaring that the GOP is the working class party.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/3 ... lks-441363
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:19 pm
bit.ly/37FHRBA
Spoken like the true FLP democrat that you are. MD you are the poster child for how totally f***ed up the republican party is. Your a life long Richard Nixon loving Rockefeller blue blood republican. You think that by sucking up to all your FLP friends here on this forum that they will love and respect you. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

No, I think the shameless, dishonest attack on our democracy deserves tough reprobation. I could care less whether the lawyers are GOP or Dem.

God help us...
I am working on my 3rd cup of coffee. When are you ever going to defend your own party? I'm not the lifelong Nixon/Agnew republican here... you are skippy. You seem to be 100% clueless that your arguments support the democrats. You have never once to my knowledge defended your own party that you claim a lifelong allegiance to. Maybe you need to consult your brother in law you have locked in your basement. The solution to you MD is really very simple. Why keep bullchitting all of us by claiming you are a Republican. Do what you should have done a long time ago... change your party affiliation to democrat. If you claim to represent mainstream republican ideology you are feeding everybody on this forum an industrial strength line of bullchit. If I was to be a republican i would never accept your viewpoint. If i was to accept your point of view why would i not just become a FLP democrat.
Should George W Bush also change his party affiliation since he’s all but condemned Trump? Should McCain have switched parties along with Flake and Paul Ryan?

I’ve heard MD espouse traditional republican views such as freedoms of opportunity a number of times. It’s the party that sold out to this snake oil salesman. McCain vs Lindsey Graham? Who’s been more honorable and deserving of praise? By your argument Graham is the “true republican” because he falls in line behind a wanna be dictator who wipes his a** with the constitution every chance he gets. If this is your position then your definition of republican also would include the lack of a spine or any leadership qualities whatsoever.

By the way, Trump is now attacking Pat Cipollone, Mark Meadows & Mitch McConnell so I guess those guys should convert party affiliations too since they aren’t real republicans.

I defend MD because we have similar viewpoints along with many good long-standing republicans who held to limited government involvement, freedom to live as one chooses, low to zero wealth transfers. All of which the republicans who flip flopped behind Trump (Whats up Marco Rubio?) no longer behave as though they believe in. I don’t like being told be politicians who flipped their entire mentality around bc they took a PR loss to this guy that I’m not part of a party I supported before most people on Parler or watching OAN ever even paid attention to any of this.
When it comes to defining traditional republicans you probably know much more than I. My friends to include my former neighbor have all professed to being die hard life long republicans. MD lax also professes to be a lifelong republican. I'm only comparing them and making the observation that they all as lifelong republicans might as well be from different planets. So please tell me what is the correct belief system for anybody that claims to be a lifelong republican? MD lax has his vision for what a republican should be. My former neighbor has his vision for what a republican should be. Their respective visions as to what the republican party should be could not be farther apart. I'm not a republican, i don't even really like republicans. I grew up raised by parents that were the liberal democrats of my era. Irish/German Catholics that were traditional in their religion and in a belief system that revolved around being fiscally conservative and learning to live within your means. My parents both left this earth having never had a credit card ever. When they needed something they either had saved enough money to purchase it or we waited until we could afford it. I don't know what kind of republican MD is. i do know what kind of republicans my friends are. They have been very vocal about what they believe. I do know from what i have read from Mr MD that his vision of the republican party does not dovetail with the vision of the republicans that i know. Maybe that has alot to do with the republican party as i know it being as f***ed up as I believe it to be. You all can't get your chit together long enough to agree on what time of day it is. :roll:
Bob Ross:
CU77

Post by CU77 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:59 pm Behold, the Blue wave:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 557&type=3
Biden-voting counties equal 70% of America’s economy

In 2016, we wrote that the 2,584 counties that Trump won generated just 36% of the country’s economic output, whereas the 472 counties Hillary Clinton carried equated to almost two-thirds of the nation’s aggregate economy.

A similar analysis for last week’s election shows these trends continuing, albeit with a different political outcome. This time, Biden’s winning base in 509 counties encompasses fully 71% of America’s economic activity, while Trump’s losing base of 2,547 counties represents just 29% of the economy.
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-aven ... ic-divide/
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

bit.ly/37FHRBA

God help us...

"Should George W Bush also change his party affiliation since he’s all but condemned Trump? Should McCain have switched parties along with Flake and Paul Ryan?"

All good examples of why the republican party is all over the place in where their members stand.

Can you name for me any members of the democrat party that will advocate any position that strays from the hard line democrat beliefs? Can you name for me any upper echelon democrat that is pro life and will say so vocally? Don't strain your brain trying to think of one. You can't possibly be pro life and ever be accepted as a main stream democrat. You can be a pro choice republican and you stand a very good chance of being welcomed into the republican party with open arms. So tell me which party is more narrow minded in their thinking? Joe Biden is a devout Catholic that is pro choice. Would Joe Biden be the POTUS elect if he was true to his religion and was anti abortion? I'm asking for a friend. In my Catholic upbringing 50 years ago Joe Biden would have had an angry mob of priests and nuns carrying torches and pitchforks chasing his ass all over the place for having such beliefs as a devout catholic. My how the times have changed. Thank goodness the Catholic church is willing to change their dogma to stay hip and cool with modern thinking. What would Jesus say? :roll:
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 pm
bit.ly/37FHRBA

God help us...

When it comes to defining traditional republicans you probably know much more than I. My friends to include my former neighbor have all professed to being die hard life long republicans. MD lax also professes to be a lifelong republican. I'm only comparing them and making the observation that they all as lifelong republicans might as well be from different planets. So please tell me what is the correct belief system for anybody that claims to be a lifelong republican? MD lax has his vision for what a republican should be. My former neighbor has his vision for what a republican should be. Their respective visions as to what the republican party should be could not be farther apart. I'm not a republican, i don't even really like republicans. I grew up raised by parents that were the liberal democrats of my era. Irish/German Catholics that were traditional in their religion and in a belief system that revolved around being fiscally conservative and learning to live within your means. My parents both left this earth having never had a credit card ever. When they needed something they either had saved enough money to purchase it or we waited until we could afford it. I don't know what kind of republican MD is. i do know what kind of republicans my friends are. They have been very vocal about what they believe. I do know from what i have read from Mr MD that his vision of the republican party does not dovetail with the vision of the republicans that i know. Maybe that has alot to do with the republican party as i know it being as f***ed up as I believe it to be. You all can't get your chit together long enough to agree on what time of day it is. :roll:
Well if there were equal voices one might call it a big tent which is considered a panacea. Look at the difference between Biden/Lieberman and AOC/Bernie. That’s one party as well.

If a guy was a kid working on the Nixon campaign and spends half his time defending Mitt Romney currently (MD), a republican you may loathe but is taking back a chunk of the party post election it appears. It’s really very simple, MD is a New England, successful (no idea if he started at home plate or not and for this discussion wouldn’t matter) libertarian republican. That used to dominate the party, really until the Tea Party showed up (which happens to be about the same time as Obama was elected which is an interesting “coincidence”). You’re blue collar neighbors, who probably liked Jack Kemp, a guy who talked almost exactly like MD does, but otherwise can’t stand affluent, New England or large city coastal people on either side, perhaps with more vitriol towards those in their own party. What your suggesting is effectively that if you are highly educated, successful in any way and live in a larger metropolitan area that you cannot be a Republican. That doesn’t make any sense. It’s only the “newbies” to paying attention to government or politics that want to create a siloed echo chamber and kick out everyone who isn’t 100% on their platform. That’s insane.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:50 pm
bit.ly/37FHRBA

God help us...

"Should George W Bush also change his party affiliation since he’s all but condemned Trump? Should McCain have switched parties along with Flake and Paul Ryan?"

All good examples of why the republican party is all over the place in where their members stand.

Can you name for me any members of the democrat party that will advocate any position that strays from the hard line democrat beliefs? Can you name for me any upper echelon democrat that is pro life and will say so vocally? Don't strain your brain trying to think of one. You can't possibly be pro life and ever be accepted as a main stream democrat. You can be a pro choice republican and you stand a very good chance of being welcomed into the republican party with open arms. So tell me which party is more narrow minded in their thinking? Joe Biden is a devout Catholic that is pro choice. Would Joe Biden be the POTUS elect if he was true to his religion and was anti abortion? I'm asking for a friend. In my Catholic upbringing 50 years ago Joe Biden would have had an angry mob of priests and nuns carrying torches and pitchforks chasing his ass all over the place for having such beliefs as a devout catholic. My how the times have changed. Thank goodness the Catholic church is willing to change their dogma to stay hip and cool with modern thinking. What would Jesus say? :roll:
It’s easy, this country holds since inception to the belief of separation of church and state. Simple. Pro life in ones own circle of influence localized (personally, friends, family) and quiet on the subject while representing a set of constituents, where at a minimum half, and probably more like 70-80% are in fact pro choice. That’s kinda the job of a politician, to represent their constituents. If a politician isn’t separating church and state in their official representative capacity then they are derelict in their duties. Black and white my friend.
Oldbarndog

Post by Oldbarndog »

Woah doggies. Neither are admirable human beings, pervert versus an addict who only copped to his addiction after he got busted? Both these kettles are black.
"Dear Naps. Sorry I was such a jerk to you when I was a kid"
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

bit.ly/37FHRBA

God help us...

Priests and nuns 50 yrs ago? Back when I was an altar boy and going to Catholic elementary school on LI? When priests, if not getting through the convent back door for a little action were going after young boys? That Catholic Church? Don’t play the holier than though card.

For the record, I’m still RC, go to church every week (now via the web), and haven’t even dated since my legal divorce while I wait for my annulment to be completed. I’m personally against abortion but believe women have the legal right to make their own decision. And yes, as a practicing Catholic I also used birth control.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

bit.ly/37FHRBA

God help us...

“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”