"The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: "The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:32 am
old salt wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:17 am
foreverlax wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:05 am
old salt wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:54 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:05 am If we didn't know Flynn's character before, we do now. Martial law. Coup.

If you look at his past issues through the lens of his current actions, we can tell who was right about his character all along.
Martial law, coup :roll: ...you're gullible enough to swallow this reality tv episode,...hook, line & sinker.
Trump, with Sid & Flynn as characters, is trolling & triggering for the entertainment of his supporters.
Mission Accomplished. You never learn. He's creating his post-Presidency narrative.

Flynn's character ? He strikes back, using the same weapons & tactics that his enemies used against him.
We were lucky to have him in positions where he could make a difference for as long as he did.
So all this trolling and triggering is for entertainment....another joke I don't see as funny.
It's not just for entertainment. It's to keep his base interested, engaged & entertained. To sustain the narrative.
What could be the narrative other than he lost and he is a sore loser?
Just listen to what Trump's saying.
...you're not going to get me to repeat it. :mrgreen:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:34 am
foreverlax wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:32 am
old salt wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:17 am
foreverlax wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:05 am
old salt wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:54 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:05 am If we didn't know Flynn's character before, we do now. Martial law. Coup.

If you look at his past issues through the lens of his current actions, we can tell who was right about his character all along.
Martial law, coup :roll: ...you're gullible enough to swallow this reality tv episode,...hook, line & sinker.
Trump, with Sid & Flynn as characters, is trolling & triggering for the entertainment of his supporters.
Mission Accomplished. You never learn. He's creating his post-Presidency narrative.

Flynn's character ? He strikes back, using the same weapons & tactics that his enemies used against him.
We were lucky to have him in positions where he could make a difference for as long as he did.
So all this trolling and triggering is for entertainment....another joke I don't see as funny.
It's not just for entertainment. It's to keep his base interested, engaged & entertained. To sustain the narrative.
What could be the narrative other than he lost and he is a sore loser?
Just listen to what Trump's saying.
...you're not going to get me to repeat it. :mrgreen:
Trump working off his alternative facts.....glad we agree here.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:29 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:22 am
old salt wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:14 am
Kismet wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:27 amFlynn did it all to himself trying to cover up his dealings with Turkey and IMHO covering for DOPUS and Jared with the Rooskies.
If "with the Rooskies" you mean his perfectly legal & appropriate outreach, & attempt to reduce the blowback from Obama's unilateral parting shot, then I agree.

As I've said before, when the call was leaked, the Trump Admin should have said, " we don't reply to leaks of classified signals intercepts. If the incoming NSA contacts an Ambassador, that's appropriate & not unusual. "

imho -- Flynn was tripped up by the timing of the leak, when trying to give plausible deniability, on a purely political, not legal issue, to protect Trump, Pence, Jared, Bannon & whoever else was in the loop on the outreach to the "Rooskies".

It was a political communications error.
"a communications error"...so he lied, repeatedly. Including to the Vice President. "a communications error" :roll:

And no, it was not actually appropriate for the call to have been made, especially the undermining of the sanctions. But, sure, totally 'in character' for both Flynn and the hubris of the Trump people...and their desire to continue to play footsie with Putin.

But wait, is it your position that Flynn was ordered by Trump to make the call???

Trump probably didn't tell Flynn to write the op-ed on behalf of Turkey...on the other hand, he was obviously pleased with the 'lock her up' chants.

Sheesh, this guy is a traitor to the Constitution...hard to know for sure what got him so twisted up inside, but he went off the rails quite awhile ago...and IMO the early signs of that were most likely what cost him his job in the Obama Admin.
The political communication error was for Pence, or anyone else, to acknowledge that the call took place. To respond to a classified leak.

The Turkey op-ed way tying up loose ends from a previous (legit) lobbying contract obligation, before he entered govt service.
:roll: :roll: :roll: legit...should have been a disqualifier for the job he was being appointed to do. Not to mention he didn't disclose it according to the law...legit...

Flynn lied to the FBI about a call that shouldn't have taken place and they all lied about what was said...they were worried that they had violated an actual law (tougher to argue that they did as that law's never been prosecuted) but bottomline, they were embarrassed by it.

But, supposedly, Flynn also lied to Pence about the call. Trump fired him for that lie...according to Trump. (Lying to the FBI apparently didn't bother him).

But hey, China probably did the recent massive cyber hack...nah, no Kompromat... :!:
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:59 am Too bad Flynn blew it all up by committing a felony (and swearing under oath that he did indeed commit that felony).

Not the guy I want in charge of national security. Why you think that was a good idea is absolutely beyond me.
Had he been NSA to a rational President, in a normal functional admin, (& not a marked man by the IC cabal), he would have been as successful as he had been during his military service. He was working for an insane President, in a dysfunctional admin, under siege from an entrenched, holdover Deep State Resistance, intent on ending this Presidency. He was just the appetizer who was easy to offer up.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:46 am
CU77 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:59 am Too bad Flynn blew it all up by committing a felony (and swearing under oath that he did indeed commit that felony).

Not the guy I want in charge of national security. Why you think that was a good idea is absolutely beyond me.
Had he been NSA to a rational President, in a normal functional admin, (& not a marked man by the IC cabal), he would have been as successful as he had been during his military service. He was working for an insane President, in a dysfunctional admin, under siege from an entrenched, holdover Deep State Resistance, intent on ending this Presidency. He was just the appetizer who was easy to offer up.

How many times does he blink? As crazy as a June Bug....you are all in....
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

The United States of America in 2020:

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Sorry, while I do think it mattered that he was recruited to the NSA position by an "insane President", it was because of his own character flaws that he was so recruited. He would not have been recruited by a 'sane' President.

He auditioned for the gig with the 'lock her up chants' along with his hate of Islam...which also fit the Trump need to find an Other to focus nativist attention on. I don't recall whether the rapist Mexicans were on Flynn's plate as well, but it would have been within character for Flynn to have egged Trump on with the 'border' Other pitch to nativists too.

Did Trump know Flynn was getting paid by Turkey? Helping Erdogan???
Did anyone else in that 'dysfunctional' group know?
Was that seen as a positive or as a negative?
Or did he hide that from them too?

And I get this very, very queasy feeling that Flynn had the support of Vlad and other 'voices' influencing Trump...So many connections these cats all had to Putin's Russia and their proxies...
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:29 am

...his hate of Islam...which also fit the Trump need to find an Other to focus nativist attention on.

And I get this very, very queasy feeling that Flynn had the support of Vlad and other 'voices' influencing Trump...So many connections these cats all had to Putin's Russia and their proxies...
Paranold delusion.

Following the advice of his lawyers, Flynn disclosed his work for Inovo BV under the Lobbying Disclosure Act, rather than via FARA.

Have you considered the fact that for years in Iraq & Afghanistan, Flynn worked alongside countless Muslims who were in our forces & local citizens allied with us. He also spent countless hours getting to know & understand the prisoners who were trying to kill us, & why (in their minds).His assessments in that regard were critical in crafting our COIN strategy which turned around our efforts in Iraq & Afghanistan.
Who are you to second guess him on who among them are intent upon killing us & why ?
CU77

Post by CU77 »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:46 am Had he been NSA to a rational President, in a normal functional admin, (& not a marked man by the IC cabal), he would have been as successful as he had been during his military service. He was working for an insane President, in a dysfunctional admin, under siege from an entrenched, holdover Deep State Resistance, intent on ending this Presidency. He was just the appetizer who was easy to offer up.
So what made him commit the admitted felony of lying to the FBI?

Whatever his reason was, it does not matter: he was unfit to serve, and should be in prison for his crime.

Luckily for him, he was pardoned by an insane President.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU77 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:28 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:46 am Had he been NSA to a rational President, in a normal functional admin, (& not a marked man by the IC cabal), he would have been as successful as he had been during his military service. He was working for an insane President, in a dysfunctional admin, under siege from an entrenched, holdover Deep State Resistance, intent on ending this Presidency. He was just the appetizer who was easy to offer up.

Whatever his reason was, it does not matter: he was unfit to serve, and should be in prison for his crime.

Insane, corrupt President pardoned insane, corrupt ...former soldier.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:52 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:29 am

...his hate of Islam...which also fit the Trump need to find an Other to focus nativist attention on.

Paranold delusion.

Following the advice of his lawyers, Flynn disclosed his work for Inovo BV under the Lobbying Disclosure Act, rather than via FARA.

Have you considered the fact that for years in Iraq & Afghanistan, Flynn worked alongside countless Muslims who were in our forces & local citizens allied with us. He also spent countless hours getting to know & understand the prisoners who were trying to kill us, & why (in their minds).His assessments in that regard were critical in crafting our COIN strategy which turned around our efforts in Iraq & Afghanistan.
Who are you to second guess him on who among them are intent upon killing us & why ?
Yup, so he should have not gotten on board the war of civilizations nonsense.

Again, I don't know what caused him to go off the rails, but seems to me that the seeds must have been there early on and simply sprouted and grew over time.

Again, we have lots and lots of evidence of his character and judgment over time. And the more we have, the more light is shed about his past behaviors.

At this point, it's clear that he's a traitor to our Constitution. That may not have been where he started as a young man or as a soldier in the field, but that's where he is now.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

IMHO this entire sordid chapter of American history can be summed up in a quote attributed to 19th Century French novelist and playwright Alexander Dumas (notably 'The Three Musketeers' and 'The Count of Monte Cristo')

“One thing that humbles me deeply is to see that human genius has its limits while human stupidity does not.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan (D-N.Y.)
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:33 pm IMHO this entire sordid chapter of American history can be summed up in a quote attributed to 19th Century French novelist and playwright Alexander Dumas (notably 'The Three Musketeers' and 'The Count of Monte Cristo')

“One thing that humbles me deeply is to see that human genius has its limits while human stupidity does not.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan (D-N.Y.)
Mike Flynn returns as a conquering hero:

old salt

Post by old salt »

The Mueller prosecutors whom he cooperated with disagree, they recommended probation.
Then the next US Atty dropped the charges.
Unlike you, they weren't prosecuting him for the lock her up cheer.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:41 pm Yup, so he should have not gotten on board the war of civilizations nonsense.

At this point, it's clear that he's a traitor to our Constitution.
Do you see any distinction between Islam & militant Islam ?

In Flynn's public remarks in which he mentioned martial law, he said he was not advocating it, that we have a Constitutional process.
Everything since has been hysterical hearsay media distortion & "reporting" based on unnamed sources.
Flynn said "could", yet how many cable news banners said "should" invoke martial law.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
...there have been no efforts inside the White House to actually deploy the military and that the idea was quickly dismissed at the meeting.

You're as careless with the accusation of treason as is Judge Sullivan.
Last edited by old salt on Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:21 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:41 pm Yup, so he should have not gotten on board the war of civilizations nonsense.

In Flynn's public remarks in which he mentioned martial law, he said he was not advocating it, that we have a Constitutional process.
Everything since has been hysterical hearsay media distortion & "reporting" based on unnamed sources.
Flynn said "could", yet how many cable news banners said "should" invoke martial law.

Nope, the traitorous encouragement of a declaration of martial law wasn't done just once, it's been repeated numerous times in the White House by Flynn. He's anti-Constitution, anti-law. The 'lock her up' chants being just one instance, but he thinks he himself should be above the law.

When he said there's a "Constitutional process", he means that martial law is Constitutional...which it is, but not for the un-Constitutional purpose of a coup.

Treason is a very specific crime in a time of declared war. Traitor and traitorous being more broadly understood. But sure, 'treasonous' is also understood as not the crime itself.

Do I see any distinction between Islam and a specific label that clearly defines those who use Islam as an excuse for death and destruction? Of course. But the 'war of civilizations' does not.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:28 pm

Nope, the traitorous encouragement of a declaration of martial law wasn't done just once, it's been repeated numerous times in the White House by Flynn. He's anti-Constitution, anti-law. The 'lock her up' chants being just one instance, but he thinks he himself should be above the law.

Treason is a very specific crime in a time of declared war. Traitor and traitorous being more broadly understood. But sure, 'treasonous' is also understood as not the crime itself.

Do I see any distinction between Islam and a specific label that clearly defines those who use Islam as an excuse for death and destruction? Of course. But the 'war of civilizations' does not.
What are your sources inside the WH ?
...there have been no efforts inside the White House to actually deploy the military and that the idea was quickly dismissed at the meeting.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:12 pm

The Mueller prosecutors whom he cooperated with disagree, they recommended probation.
Then the next US Atty dropped the charges.
Unlike you, they weren't prosecuting him for the lock her up cheer.
We aren't either...but we're talking about his character and judgement not a prosecution.

and his character and judgment have been repeatedly revealed.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:31 pm

Who do you think was advocating for it?
The 'quickly dismissed' was by those with some degree of sanity left, but that dismissal was met with anger and shouts, egged on by Trump...lots and lots of reporting that Flynn was advocating this stupid, antiAmerican course of action along with Powell and Byrne. And not just in one meeting.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:34 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:31 pm

Who do you think was advocating for it?
The 'quickly dismissed' was by those with some degree of sanity left, but that dismissal was met with anger and shouts, egged on by Trump...lots and lots of reporting that Flynn was advocating this stupid, antiAmerican course of action along with Powell and Byrne. And not just in one meeting.
All the reports I've seen cite Flynn's Newsmax appearence (in which he said "could" not "should" & advocated following the Constitutional process).They then report in a passive voice, saying that the subject of martial law came up in the meeting. I've seen no reporting that specifically claims that Flynn brought it up or advocated for it in the meeting. It's more likely that Trump asked about the possibility. You're jumping to the conclusion that Flynn brought it up in the meeting. Based on another WP report, it reads like Flynn was invited to the meeting by Trump to explain his remarks on Newsmax, which created such a stir.

Show us some of the "lots & lots" of reporting which specifically claims that Flynn (himself) specifically advocated for martial law in that meeting, rather than following the Constitutional process, as he advocated in the Newsmax appearance. ...& what are the sources for that reporting ?

Return to “POLITICS”