2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:04 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:59 am Nope, it's a friction to voting and you know it. And you know that ballots mailed to all without request is successfully securely and safely done in lots of states, so the security issue is clearly bogus (assuming solid processes as described).

Share with us how you're outraged at efforts to reduce voting and examples of such. It'll be interesting to know whether you oppose limiting drop boxes and polling places, moving polling places to where there's no public transportation, etc...

Nope, you're far more versed in how to make it harder to register to vote...
FTR -- this was posted nearly a month ago :
old salt wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:26 pm I'm for early voting in person on the Sat-Sun-Mon before election (& tabulation) Tues, retaining the EC, letting State Leg's decide on felons voting, no excuse absentee voting on solicited mail in ballots requested via internet or phone, drop boxes & letting election law be written by state legislatures rather than via pre-election DNC lawsuits in swing state courts.
My early voting comment means opening ALL polling places for 4 consecutive "election days". That does not preclude earlier voting at fewer sites, as we have now. Drop boxes to be video monitored for security & to prevent ballot harvesting drops.

What have I proposed that makes it harder to register ? Motor voter & tie in with social services makes registration nearly automatic.
Anti American Values
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Headline: Pro-Trump network Newsmax airs 2-minute video admitting it has 'no evidence' of outlandish fraud claims against 2 voting-machine companies

Nothing like the threat of being sued for everything you own to get you to Jeezus....

https://www.businessinsider.com/newsmax ... ic-2020-12
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

RT @kylegriffin1: Pro-Trump network Newsmax just aired a 2-minute video admitting that it has 'no evidence' of the outlandish fraud claims it made against two voting machine companies. Newsmax is facing potential defamation lawsuits from a pair of voting system companies. https://t.co/9D9L6rsddl
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
CU77

Post by CU77 »

old salt wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:41 pm Now, everybody's got a phone or knows someone who does. Obama fixed that.
You mean Reagan.

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/3 ... ne-program
Typical Lax Dad

CU77 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:30 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:41 pm Now, everybody's got a phone or knows someone who does. Obama fixed that.
You mean Reagan.

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/3 ... ne-program
It sounds better for Obama to be giving away free stuff.
“I wish you would!”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:04 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:59 am Nope, it's a friction to voting and you know it. And you know that ballots mailed to all without request is successfully securely and safely done in lots of states, so the security issue is clearly bogus (assuming solid processes as described).

Share with us how you're outraged at efforts to reduce voting and examples of such. It'll be interesting to know whether you oppose limiting drop boxes and polling places, moving polling places to where there's no public transportation, etc...

Nope, you're far more versed in how to make it harder to register to vote...
FTR -- this was posted nearly a month ago :
old salt wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:26 pm I'm for early voting in person on the Sat-Sun-Mon before election (& tabulation) Tues, retaining the EC, letting State Leg's decide on felons voting, no excuse absentee voting on solicited mail in ballots requested via internet or phone, drop boxes & letting election law be written by state legislatures rather than via pre-election DNC lawsuits in swing state courts.
My early voting comment means opening ALL polling places for 4 consecutive "election days". That does not preclude earlier voting at fewer sites, as we have now. Drop boxes to be video monitored for security & to prevent ballot harvesting drops.

What have I proposed that makes it harder to register ? Motor voter & tie in with social services makes registration nearly automatic.
And yet, we debate the edges...bottom line, if those who want to make changes, like a photo ID, then set up the mechanisms and get it going.

Every other single issue will go away....

IF they wanted to fix it, they could.
Typical Lax Dad

It’s 6:30, Do you know what The President of The United States of America is doing?

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 09696?s=21
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:34 pm
How were they going to catch us? It was Irma's dirty work after all. ;) It was in her name. Maybe they could dig her up and throw her in jail. Besides, I'm sure she would have wanted us to vote for Joe in her memory.
1. This would be incredibly easy to detect and successfully prosecute.

2. Explain to me how this could possibly be scaled?

Because in order to rig an election (even at the level of township dog catcher) you'd have to figure out a way to do this systematically at a large enough scale to be outcome determinative (while being undetected). The answer -- it can't be done.

Salty and other Banana Republicans play such a sleazy and obvious game:

1. Go crazy over non-systematic, immaterial irregularities (which of course always happen and have always happened) which do not change outcomes.

2. Use #1 to justify systematic and material vote rigging and disenfranchisement that will change outcomes in favor of their partisan favorites.

Come on boys -- we can't let this democracy thing get out of hand. We shouldn't even be letting the women folk vote, much less all those brown/blacks!

...there are (sic) fraud, unfortunately, in most elections. I think we're too tolerant of it. I'm sure there was fraud in this election...

Meanwhile, (R) House candidates still narrowly lead in closely contested elections in IA (6 votes among 340k cast) & NY (27 votes in 8 counties).
There's uncertainty over whether or not the Pelosi led (D) House majority will seat these 2 (R) candidates if they prevail, or the House will take over the count.

Nah. Fraud isn't widespread enough to matter.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Still ZERO evidence of fraud in those close elections.

And also in the not-close elections, no matter what Barr's unsupported-by-evidence (isn't he supposed to be some kind of lawyer?) opinion is ...
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:45 amWe get it. You're for making it harder to vote, not easier.

You say it's not because of 'color' or partisan reasons, you just want less voting???

Nah, we get it.
You wanna make voting easier, require every state Lotto vendor to maintain a supply of blank ballots & a drop box for his customers voting.
Volunteer election workers can collect & process the ballots. There are rules & safeguards in place. What could go wrong ?
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:33 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:45 amWe get it. You're for making it harder to vote, not easier.

You say it's not because of 'color' or partisan reasons, you just want less voting???

Nah, we get it.
You wanna make voting easier, require every state Lotto vendor to maintain a supply of blank ballots & a drop box for his customers voting.
Volunteer election workers can collect & process the ballots. There are rules & safeguards in place. What could go wrong ?
How about voting at the taco truck?
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:23 pm
How were they going to catch us? It was Irma's dirty work after all. ;) It was in her name. Maybe they could dig her up and throw her in jail. Besides, I'm sure she would have wanted us to vote for Joe in her memory.

Because in order to rig an election (even at the level of township dog catcher) you'd have to figure out a way to do this systematically at a large enough scale to be outcome determinative (while being undetected). The answer -- it can't be done.

1. Go crazy over non-systematic, immaterial irregularities (which of course always happen and have always happened) which do not change outcomes.

2. Use #1 to justify systematic and material vote rigging and disenfranchisement that will change outcomes in favor of their partisan favorites.

Come on boys -- we can't let this democracy thing get out of hand. We shouldn't even be letting the women folk vote, much less all those brown/blacks!

...there are (sic) fraud, unfortunately, in most elections. I think we're too tolerant of it. I'm sure there was fraud in this election...

Meanwhile, (R) House candidates still narrowly lead in closely contested elections in IA (6 votes among 340k cast) & NY (27 votes in 8 counties).
There's uncertainty over whether or not the Pelosi led (D) House majority will seat these 2 (R) candidates if they prevail, or the House will take over the count.

1,300 / 140,000,000 = 0.00000929.....that is 929 per 100,000,000....isn’t enough to bother with. My tax dollars funds enough stuff.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:48 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:23 pm

1,300 / 140,000,000 = 0.00000929.....that is 929 per 100,000,000....isn’t enough to bother with. My tax dollars funds enough stuff.
Of course, that # was just questionable votes needing investigation/correction, not necessarily any sort of nefarious fraud.

But hey, catch someone actually committing intentional fraud trying to win an election, nail'em hard. Send the message.
Typical Lax Dad

Congressional negotiators dropped $500 million for states to bolster their election security after opposition from Republicans during the closed-door talks over the massive spending package steaming through Congress, according to Democrats involved in the matter.

Democrats tried to include $500 million in election assistance grants to states to improve their election infrastructure.

But Senate Republicans objected to including the money -- and the provision was ultimately not included. The funding was included in a House-passed appropriations bill, but not the Senate’s version of the measure.

Republicans in the past have argued such money is duplicative, but Democrats contend that the money is critical to safeguard future elections -- and also note that it's President Donald Trump himself who has questioned the reliability of the election systems.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:11 pm Congressional negotiators dropped $500 million for states to bolster their election security after opposition from Republicans during the closed-door talks over the massive spending package steaming through Congress, according to Democrats involved in the matter.
Oh yeah, they're SOOPER serious about getting these election "problems" under control. Next election, I'm sure they won't have any complaints, having plenty of money to fix the current imaginary problems. :roll:
ggait

Post by ggait »

Drop boxes to be video monitored for security & to prevent ballot harvesting drops.
Thanks Capt Obvious.

This is done already most places. And is recommended by the Trump Administration itself. By CISA which is part of DHS -- you know that agency led by the recently fired Chris Krebs.

CISA recommends one drop box or every 15-20k voters.

So Salty -- did you agree with the GOP going ape shirt in court to get drop boxes limited/removed in Texas and PA? One drop box for all of Harris County (5 million population)? Seems like you should have been offended by those efforts. But I don't recall you posting about your outrage then.

https://www.eac.gov/sites/default/files ... op_Box.pdf
Last edited by ggait on Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Finally, a case of voter fraud that sticks. A Pennsylvania man voted for Trump, using his dead mother's registration. Got caught, because the state knows who is dead and not dead. Out on $100,000 bail.

So stupid these Trumpnista are. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Kismet wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:41 pm

Rudy and bimbo Jenna just issued a release throwing Kraken Powell under the bus indicating that she is "practicing law on her own and she is not part of the legal team"

Release the kraken?

Release the quacken:

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Kyle Griffin@kylegriffin1
1 hour ago
Trump coup attempt: Trump leaned on 31 different state and local officials to steal the election for him. politi.co/2J9hzOH
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Biden will be POTUS in less than 1 month...
Caddy Day

Return to “POLITICS”