Good News

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
6ftstick

Re: Good News

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:16 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:12 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:59 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:30 am American hostage rescued in West Africa by SEAL Team 6 in daring raid
The rescue took place earlier Saturday in northern Nigeria

The elite SEAL Team 6 staged a daring raid in the West African country of Nigeria, rescuing Philip Walton, 27, who had been taken hostage, officials told Fox News.

“We had to get him before any potential trade or sale,” one U.S. official said.
Thanks for posting that! I have friends with kids that are navy SEALS. Always happy to hear that they got in and out safely.
Look at all our leftist anti-military types cooing about this SEAL.

They're all the same folks that whined about Trump killing Qassim Soleimani and Al Baghdadi.
:roll: :roll:
Roll your eyes?

Re: The Politics of National Security
Post by DocBarrister » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:29 am

old salt wrote: ↑Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:57 am
DocBarrister wrote: ↑Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:34 pm
jhu72 wrote: ↑Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:31 pm
old salt wrote: ↑Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:06 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: ↑Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:50 pm
old salt wrote: ↑Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:48 pm
.:shock:. Soleimani was the IRGC's HMFIC. Game on.

Another leader of the Baghdad protests was a guest in the Obama WH.
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/oba ... ite-house/
He was duly elected...it’s not illegal
This is a Huge deal. (not unlike the downing of Yamamoto's aircraft).
Soleimani is responsible for killing & maiming hundreds, maybe thousands, of US troops.
I wondered if he was in Iran or Iraq & if we'd try to target him.
I didn't think we'd aim this high, or that he'd expose himself.
That's some remarkable intel & targeting.
Thanks for your usual stupid trolling, you add so much to the discussion.

Gives you a boner I bet. :roll: Will see if you keep you boner when a ton of American servicemen die in retaliation. You got the war you've been aching for.
What is truly disgusting is that so many of Trump’s avid supporters here are old ... and it will be the young who die when (not if) Iran exacts its revenge.

DocBarrister

Trump properties are soft targets. If you live, work, or play in a Trump property, you may have good reason to worry.

This action was impulsive and reckless, just like the president who ordered it.

DocBarrister :|

C'mon. No one is "mourning Soleimani." Stay focused on the fact that the rest of us are, like you, Americans, and we are permitted to worry and criticize what appears, to many of us, to be a very dramatic act of war with no discernible plan. NJBill is right; the removal of Yamamoto was over a year into the War, and was part of a command strategy to reduce tactical excellence at the top of the military order of our adversary in the Pacific. The parallels are small, and Trump is neither Roosevelt nor Nimitz -- and you know it. So cut that sh*t out.
—seacoaster

Iran can place our Navy SEALs on a terrorist list..... Simple minded. TLD

For all his crowing about the decisive blow dealt to an insolent enemy, Trump may be about to discover that the problem with martyrs is that they live forever." seacoaster

What BS. :roll: Trump has been spoiling for this since he took office. Now he has got it. He just injected steroids into Bush's mistake!
Like it makes any difference to anything. It was a political assassination of a foreign leader on the soil of a third nation. Trump administration is now trying to put lipstick on this pig.JHU72

Trump believed and acted upon the immediate intelligence
as to Soleimani’s location. My point, which I think you understand, is that I suspect he didn’t even ask for input on the possible short and long-term consequences of the killing. He drove his Trump Truck into the kindergarten school yard without checking to see whether the kids were out at recess or it was Sunday afternoon.

If I’m sitting in Tehran, I’m thinking that it would be a great idea to take some hostages and make Trump a one term president.

It will take a long time to find out what the consequences are. But there’s so little reason to believe that trump is being truthful, well informed, or wise.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:32 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:30 am American hostage rescued in West Africa by SEAL Team 6 in daring raid

The elite SEAL Team 6 staged a daring raid in the West African country of Nigeria, rescuing Philip Walton, 27, who had been taken hostage, officials told Fox News.

Thanks for posting that! I have friends with kids that are navy SEALS. Always happy to hear that they got in and out safely.

They're all the same folks that whined about Trump killing Qassim Soleimani and Al Baghdadi.
Roll your eyes?

Soleimani is responsible for killing & maiming hundreds, maybe thousands, of US troops.

Gives you a boner I bet. :roll: Will see if you keep you boner when a ton of American servicemen die in retaliation. You got the war you've been aching for.
What is truly disgusting is that so many of Trump’s avid supporters here are old ... and it will be the young who die when (not if) Iran exacts its revenge.

DocBarrister

Trump properties are soft targets. If you live, work, or play in a Trump property, you may have good reason to worry.

C'mon. No one is "mourning Soleimani." Stay focused on the fact that the rest of us are, like you, Americans, and we are permitted to worry and criticize what appears, to many of us, to be a very dramatic act of war with no discernible plan. NJBill is right; the removal of Yamamoto was over a year into the War, and was part of a command strategy to reduce tactical excellence at the top of the military order of our adversary in the Pacific. The parallels are small, and Trump is neither Roosevelt nor Nimitz -- and you know it. So cut that sh*t out.
—seacoaster

For all his crowing about the decisive blow dealt to an insolent enemy, Trump may be about to discover that the problem with martyrs is that they live forever." seacoaster

What BS. :roll: Trump has been spoiling for this since he took office. Now he has got it. He just injected steroids into Bush's mistake!
Like it makes any difference to anything. It was a political assassination of a foreign leader on the soil of a third nation. Trump administration is now trying to put lipstick on this pig.JHU72

as to Soleimani’s location. My point, which I think you understand, is that I suspect he didn’t even ask for input on the possible short and long-term consequences of the killing. He drove his Trump Truck into the kindergarten school yard without checking to see whether the kids were out at recess or it was Sunday afternoon.

If I’m sitting in Tehran, I’m thinking that it would be a great idea to take some hostages and make Trump a one term president.

It will take a long time to find out what the consequences are. But there’s so little reason to believe that trump is being truthful, well informed, or wise.
There is no context there. The question was whether the order was “lawful”. And my point was that some nut could declare our SEALs terrorist and then justify it to its peasants. Like Bush and Cheney were “convicted” of war crimes. Follow along.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:37 pm

Roll your eyes?

DocBarrister

—seacoaster

There is no context there. The question was whether the order was “lawful”. And my point was that some nut could declare our SEALs terrorist and then justify it to its peasants. Like Bush and Cheney were “convicted” of war crimes. Follow along.
Crock of poodoo

You OBJECTED to Trumps move (eliminating Soleimani and AL baghdad) that made ALL SEALS AND US MILITARY safer
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:44 pm

Roll your eyes?

DocBarrister

—seacoaster

Crock of poodoo

You OBJECTED to Trumps move (eliminating Soleimani and AL baghdad) that made ALL SEALS AND US MILITARY safer
Raise your level of intellect.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:45 pm

Roll your eyes?

DocBarrister

—seacoaster

Crock of poodoo

The only war criminals in this discussion were the two terrorists Trump took out.

Raise your common sense.
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:52 pm

Roll your eyes?

DocBarrister

—seacoaster

Crock of poodoo

The only war criminals in this discussion were the two terrorists Trump took out.

Raise your common sense.
You have to read more than Calisthenics Today

And don’t send me a PM.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:54 pm

Roll your eyes?

DocBarrister

—seacoaster

Crock of poodoo

Raise your common sense.

And don’t send me a PM.
OOOOHHHH you're scaring me on halloween.
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:23 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:54 pm

Roll your eyes?

DocBarrister

—seacoaster

Crock of poodoo

Raise your common sense.

And don’t send me a PM.
OOOOHHHH you're scaring me on halloween.
:lol: :lol: :lol: It was yesterday. Check your tense. Have a good day. Enjoy some football.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

This kid is awesome and so not tainted, enjoy: https://www.instagram.com/p/CHDlhwjnX16 ... a5b80hf9pe
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:54 pm This kid is awesome and so not tainted, enjoy: https://www.instagram.com/p/CHDlhwjnX16 ... a5b80hf9pe
:D
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:54 pm This kid is awesome and so not tainted, enjoy: https://www.instagram.com/p/CHDlhwjnX16 ... a5b80hf9pe
Thanks. Loved it.

👍
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

A 21-year-old man has made history as the first person with Down syndrome to complete an Ironman triathlon

My next door neighbor’s son has Down Syndrome. A great great kid. Full of life. This story made me think of him.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.foxnews.com/us/naval-academ ... ade-leader

Nice story. Neighbor a few houses down has a daughter that graduated from the academy and another buddy’s daughter graduated also. They were a few years apart. Nice to see these exceptional women take these leadership positions.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Love this guys Instagram page....always full of good news: https://www.instagram.com/p/CIq-U4-MIOM ... _copy_link
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Thought I'd post this in the thread where many frequent. Tonight is the best night to view the "Christmas Star", in the SW sky just after the sun sets, where Jupitar and Saturn are at the closest. https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/21/world/ch ... index.html

Enjoy!
~Livy

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:57 pm Thought I'd post this in the thread where many frequent. Tonight is the best night to view the "Christmas Star", in the SW sky just after the sun sets, where Jupitar and Saturn are at the closest. https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/21/world/ch ... index.html

Enjoy!
I believe its JUPITER............. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy the show anyway! :oops:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Thanks for the correction. I did not bother to proof it on the phone.
~Livy

old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:57 pm Thought I'd post this in the thread where many frequent. Tonight is the best night to view the "Christmas Star", in the SW sky just after the sun sets, where Jupitar and Saturn are at the closest. https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/21/world/ch ... index.html

Enjoy!
Saw it today at dusk, from Quiet Waters Dog Park, above the opposite shore of the South River.
Incredibly clear sky today. Hopefully, a good Christmas omen.
MDlaxfan76

What is your Xmas meal?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Slightly different topic, but simply to engage in bit of seasonally appropriate discussion:

What are folks having for Xmas meal?

I made blueberry pancakes, sausage, bacon etc for breakfast...no kidney stew this year. Family cheered... :)

Wife is making Beef Wellington, scalloped potatoes, green beans, mother has made an apple pie and a mincemeat pie, vanilla ice cream...
old salt

Re: What is your Xmas meal?

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:01 pmWhat are folks having for Xmas meal?
Traditional Xmas dinner = Chinese takeout...& no, the dogs didn't eat the turkey...& I didn't get the Red Rider BB gun I hoped for.

Return to “POLITICS”