2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by dislaxxic »

Funny how things change from 2016 to 2020, eih, MD76? :roll:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:22 pm your real interest isn't just to restrict the votes of those brown folks you think might vote for the other side...

Conservatives need to learn how to appeal to a majority of voters, of all demographics, instead of being so obviously on the side of restricting access.
Give the McCarthyite race baiting & virtue signalling a break. You are projecting.

I don't care what color voters are, so long as they are US citizens, only voting once, in the district in which they are registered & someone else isn't filling out their ballot for them, then bundling it with others for delivery.

Do you have bingo yet ? What flavor jello would you like today ?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ggait wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:09 pm
I'm really sick of hearing about CO.
Fine.

Let's talk about AZ (75% early/absentee/mail ballots in 2016), GA (59%) and FL (68%). These three red states have done tons of alternate voting for many many years.

AZ, FL, GA were totally fine in 2016. FL is totally OK in 2020. But suddenly AZ and GA are not fine in 2020.

As a Banana Republican, you don't say a word about any state unless/until your guy loses.

But then it all becomes suspect, questionable, concerning, needs to be studied, , insecure, BS, BS, BS, BS, etc.

We know even you don't believe what you post.
He does believe it. That is the sad part.

1,300 out of 140,000,000 votes is something we need to look into before we make it easier for more people to vote.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:14 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:21 pm That may be true in CO where everybody on the rolls is sent an unsolicited mail in ballot.
That would not be true in the states where you have to request an absentee ballot.
It's what I've been saying all along. You've misinterpreted or misunderstood.
Respectfully, you're not thinking it through.

What happens when someone registers to vote in 2019, and dies before the Nov. 2020 election?

This, obviously, happens all the time. I thought you got this.

What happens is completely natural, and is EXPECTED by every State.....registered voters die all the time. Obviously.
In MD, my registration is updated when I renew my drivers lic, every 8 years.
With unsolicited mail in voting, I will continue to receive a ballot at my current mailing address until I submit an address change or die (if the MD DOH notifies the MVA). If I move & don't update my address or die when out of state, that may not all happen automatically or quickly.
Thus, I see utility in requesting a ballot (online) for each election in which I want to vote, &, in the process, verifying I'm still alive & residing in my registered district.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... ad-voters/

Yes, tons of ballots are sent to dead people. Trump shouldn’t worry about them.
People die during the two-year lifespan of an election mailing list. But that doesn’t mean biased fraudsters scoop up those ballots.

Dead people do receive ballots in the mail...
Dead people get a lot of mail, not just ballots: They get magazine subscriptions, political ads, charitable solicitations, bills, veterans benefits, tax refunds and stimulus checks. This flow continues until someone notifies the sender of the recipient’s death, typically by returned mail, or the sender strikes the recipient from its mailing list. Every state has a record of all the people who were registered in the last election. That is their mailing list, and it is generally two years old.

By the time of the next election, however, a lot of those voters will have died. In 2018, 153 million Americans were registered to vote. Standard actuarial tables suggest that roughly 2.4 million of those voters died over the two-year election cycle. If no one has alerted an election board to those deaths, it is inevitable that at least two million dead people will be getting ballots in the mail if we adopt universal mail-in voting — which is the fault of neither the election boards nor the U.S. Postal Service.

The same is true of ballots mailed to people who have moved. Fourteen percent of households change residence every year, which means the number of ballots “incorrectly” directed could be as high as 40 million in any election cycle...
If voters have to request (on line) their mail in ballot, it's a fail safe which eliminates the dependence on all the other things happening automatically & promptly. ...& it's not an undue burden if you want to vote, no matter your color or political party.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

I'm pretty sure that o.s. believes it is likely that there was significant, result-changing fraud in the 2020 POTUS election. This fraud resulted from states mailing ballots to all registered voters, not just those who requested them. Since this was a new procedure in several key states, many registered voters did not know they were going to be getting these ballots. Then, a large number of these unsolicited "junk mail" ballots were somehow stolen by nefarious Biden supporters, who filled them out and mailed them back. This plot succeeded because (1) many of these registered voters actually did not plan to vote at all, and so did not try to cast a vote in person, or complain that they did not get a mail ballot, and (2) signature matching is not good enough to catch more than a small fraction of the fake ballots that the Biden supporters mailed in.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:57 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:21 pm That may be true in CO where everybody on the rolls is sent an unsolicited mail in ballot.
That would not be true in the states where you have to request an absentee ballot.

What happens when someone registers to vote in 2019, and dies before the Nov. 2020 election?

What happens is completely natural, and is EXPECTED by every State.....registered voters die all the time. Obviously.
With unsolicited mail in voting, I will continue to receive a ballot at my current mailing address until I submit an address change or die (if the MD DOH notifies the MVA). If I move & don't update my address or die when out of state, that may not all happen automatically or quickly.
Thus, I see utility in requesting a ballot (online) for each election in which I want to vote, &, in the process, verifying I'm still alive & residing in my registered district.

People die during the two-year lifespan of an election mailing list. But that doesn’t mean biased fraudsters scoop up those ballots.

Dead people get a lot of mail, not just ballots: They get magazine subscriptions, political ads, charitable solicitations, bills, veterans benefits, tax refunds and stimulus checks. This flow continues until someone notifies the sender of the recipient’s death, typically by returned mail, or the sender strikes the recipient from its mailing list. Every state has a record of all the people who were registered in the last election. That is their mailing list, and it is generally two years old.

By the time of the next election, however, a lot of those voters will have died. In 2018, 153 million Americans were registered to vote. Standard actuarial tables suggest that roughly 2.4 million of those voters died over the two-year election cycle. If no one has alerted an election board to those deaths, it is inevitable that at least two million dead people will be getting ballots in the mail if we adopt universal mail-in voting — which is the fault of neither the election boards nor the U.S. Postal Service.

The same is true of ballots mailed to people who have moved. Fourteen percent of households change residence every year, which means the number of ballots “incorrectly” directed could be as high as 40 million in any election cycle...
If voters have to request (on line) their mail in ballot, it's a fail safe which eliminates the dependence on all the other things happening automatically & promptly. ...& it's not an undue burden if you want to vote, no matter your color or political party.
How many years do you think a deceased person gets a tax refund? What is unsolicited mail in voting? You have to solicit a vote?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:59 pm I'm pretty sure that o.s. believes it is likely that there was significant, result-changing fraud in the 2020 POTUS election. This fraud resulted from states mailing ballots to all registered voters, not just those who requested them. Since this was a new procedure in several key states, many registered voters did not know they were going to be getting these ballots. Then, a large number of these unsolicited "junk mail" ballots were somehow stolen by nefarious Biden supporters, who filled them out and mailed them back. This plot succeeded because (1) many of these registered voters actually did not plan to vote at all, and so did not try to cast a vote in person, or complain that they did not get a mail ballot, and (2) signature matching is not good enough to catch more than a small fraction of the fake ballots that the Biden supporters mailed in.
How many times do I have to post this ?

FTR -- I have not seen any credible report of evidence of fraud sufficient to change the outcome in any national or statewide contest, nor do I expect to see any emerge. I have no reason to question the legitimacy of Biden's election or any Senator's.

I am watching with interest the outcome of that still undecided Congressional race in NY. A little fraud could have made a difference in that one.
Last edited by old salt on Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:55 pm
Fine.

Let's talk about AZ (75% early/absentee/mail ballots in 2016), GA (59%) and FL (68%). These three red states have done tons of alternate voting for many many years.

AZ, FL, GA were totally fine in 2016. FL is totally OK in 2020. But suddenly AZ and GA are not fine in 2020.

As a Banana Republican, you don't say a word about any state unless/until your guy loses.

But then it all becomes suspect, questionable, concerning, needs to be studied, , insecure, BS, BS, BS, BS, etc.

1,300 out of 140,000,000 votes is something we need to look into before we make it easier for more people to vote.
Zero Tolerance !
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:05 pm

How many years do you think a deceased person gets a tax refund? What is unsolicited mail in voting? You have to solicit a vote?
Unsolicited mail in voting = voting via an unsolicited ballot received in the mail.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:10 pm
Fine.

Zero Tolerance !
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

From a guy that’s ok with lying!!
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:57 pm Thus, I see utility in requesting a ballot (online) for each election in which I want to vote, &, in the process, verifying I'm still alive & residing in my registered district.
That's great. That still won't eliminate the problem. No matter what you do, registered voters will die before an election.

You're trying to make it more difficult to vote, to solve a "problem" that doesn't exist.

Republicans will stop doing this when they realize that making it more difficult to vote remotely will cost them elections.

Then all the feigned concern will disappear.....

Did you notice no one brought up the importance of Voter ID this election? Gee, how come? Simple: the math wonks told Republican leadership to stop pushing for that. They know R's will lose elections if voting remotely for their elderly voters was removed as an option.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:20 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:57 pm Thus, I see utility in requesting a ballot (online) for each election in which I want to vote, &, in the process, verifying I'm still alive & residing in my registered district.
That's great. That still won't eliminate the problem. No matter what you do, registered voters will die before an election.

You're trying to make it more difficult to vote, to solve a "problem" that doesn't exist.

Republicans will stop doing this when they realize that making it more difficult to vote remotely will cost them elections.

Then all the feigned concern will disappear.....

Did you notice no one brought up the importance of Voter ID this election? Gee, how come? Simple: the math wonks told Republican leadership to stop pushing for that. They know R's will lose elections if voting remotely for their elderly voters was removed as an option.
Geeezzz. It's not voting remotely. It's still voting by mail. You can just go online to request a mail in ballot, among other ways.

In MD, you can already register or update your address online.
https://elections.maryland.gov/voter_registration/
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:29 pm
Fine.

Zero Tolerance !

Next election, the FBI should put a bunch of blank ballots, with dead peoples names & info on them, in the mailboxes of (D) organizers.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:38 am
Fine.

Zero Tolerance !

Next election, the FBI should put a bunch of blank ballots, with dead peoples names & info on them, in the mailboxes of (D) organizers.
Yes they should....as you know, you can’t trust the FBI. Ask Mike Flynn.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:59 am
old salt wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:38 am
Fine.

Zero Tolerance !

Yes they should....as you know, you can’t trust the FBI. Ask Mike Flynn.
Sure. Just send a few guys out, stuffing blank ballots in mail boxes & see what happens.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:12 pm

Unsolicited mail in voting = voting via an unsolicited ballot received in the mail.
Which is successfully safely and securely done in a bunch of states.

We get it. You're for making it harder to vote, not easier.

You say it's not because of 'color' or partisan reasons, you just want less voting???

Nah, we get it.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Nope, it's a friction to voting and you know it. And you know that ballots mailed to all without request is successfully securely and safely done in lots of states, so the security issue is clearly bogus (assuming solid processes as described).

Share with us how you're outraged at efforts to reduce voting and examples of such. It'll be interesting to know whether you oppose limiting drop boxes and polling places, moving polling places to where there's no public transportation, etc...

Nope, you're far more versed in how to make it harder to register to vote...
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:53 am

You say it's not because of 'color' or partisan reasons, you just want less voting???

Nah, we get it.
Are junk mail ballots sent to non registered voters?
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:00 am

Nah, we get it.
My wife and I received an absentee ballot application for the woman who owned our house 15 years ago. I wanted to have some fun with it and return it and see what happened. The wife threw the application out. If the people in charge of voting kept track of their records and peoples birth dates they would have know Irma would be 110 years old. I'm guessing she would have wanted us to vote for Biden. :D Why can't the dead vote so long as you know who they would have wanted you to vote for? :roll:
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:16 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:00 am

Nah, we get it.
My wife and I received an absentee ballot application for the woman who owned our house 15 years ago. I wanted to have some fun with it and return it and see what happened. The wife threw the application out. If the people in charge of voting kept track of their records and peoples birth dates they would have know Irma would be 110 years old. I'm guessing she would have wanted us to vote for Biden. :D
Your wife kept you from committing a felony, so kiss her on the cheek for that...

Return to “POLITICS”