Don Jr, Ivanka & Eric Trump Corruption - Important and Meaningful Issue

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Don Jr, Ivanka & Eric Trump Corruption - Important and Meaningful Issue

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

It infuriates you?

Vote them out.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:05 am It infuriates you?

Vote them out.
Dude, I live in the progressive land of NYS. Voting them out is not an option. Those few fiscal conservatives among us have tried doing that for years. Vote them out..what the flying flip fantasy land are you living in? When you venture back in to the world of reality please get back to me. I guess we should just keep voting them back into office because of their of experience when it comes to being dumbasses? :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:52 am

Vote them out.
Dude, I live in the progressive land of NYS. Voting them out is not an option. Those few fiscal conservatives among us have tried doing that for years. Vote them out..what the flying flip fantasy land are you living in? When you venture back in to the world of reality please get back to me. I guess we should just keep voting them back into office because of their of experience when it comes to being dumbasses? :roll:
Exactly, you need to get over the fact that the majority of your fellow citizens prefer them over your preference.

That's democracy.

Don't like it?
Next time, get out and canvas for a better candidate, raise money, knock on doors, vote...

Or move.

Seriously, you telling me there are no GOP representatives from NYS ? coulda fooled me...
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Manhattan Prosecutor Bears Down On Trump

That's be Trump pere, as well as the two Junior Trumps and sub-junior Ivanka, no doubt quaking in her Gucci's...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

This Is Still Happening: Trump Children Ivanka, Don Jr., and Eric

"Trump’s three grown children from his first marriage—Ivanka, Eric, and Donald Jr.—have been the ones most central to his efforts to loot the federal government and Republican Party for as much money as possible while he’s in office."

Forum rightwingnuts are pointedly ignoring this Impotent and meaningful issue!! Oh, the HORROR!

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:10 am

Vote them out.
Exactly, you need to get over the fact that the majority of your fellow citizens prefer them over your preference.

That's democracy.

Don't like it?
Next time, get out and canvas for a better candidate, raise money, knock on doors, vote...

Or move.

Seriously, you telling me there are no GOP representatives from NYS ? coulda fooled me...
You truly have no idea how politics work in NYS The Democrats call all of the shots. There are 8 million FLP Democrats that reside in NYC that determine how NYS is run. That is the way it is and the way it shall be for the foreseeable future. Why do you think upstaters mock King Andy for being the governor of NYC? Upstate NY, central and western and the southern tier might as well be Siberia in King Andy's eyes.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:06 pm

Vote them out.

That's democracy.

Don't like it?

Or move.

You truly have no idea how politics work in NYS The Democrats call all of the shots. There are 8 million FLP Democrats that reside in NYC that determine how NYS is run. That is the way it is and the way it shall be for the foreseeable future. Why do you think upstaters mock King Andy for being the governor of NYC? Upstate NY, central and western and the southern tier might as well be Siberia in King Andy's eyes.
Well, I'm sure I should be more sympathetic, but we've been over this dozens of times.

Don't like your elected folks, elect someone else or move elsewhere if it bothers you that much...but yeah, you have GOP elected officials in NYS, just like we do here in MD. Rarely have the GOP folks controlled anything beyond a county level, but every once in awhile we get someone appealing to run for Gov and win over the Dem candidate. Likewise we do send GOP Reps to Congress, less frequently the Senate but certainly the House.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:09 pm

Vote them out.

That's democracy.

Don't like it?

Or move.

Well, I'm sure I should be more sympathetic, but we've been over this dozens of times.

Don't like your elected folks, elect someone else or move elsewhere if it bothers you that much...but yeah, you have GOP elected officials in NYS, just like we do here in MD. Rarely have the GOP folks controlled anything beyond a county level, but every once in awhile we get someone appealing to run for Gov and win over the Dem candidate. Likewise we do send GOP Reps to Congress, less frequently the Senate but certainly the House.
I love NYS even with all its warts. I came to the conclusion awhile ago that the politics will never change. I can fight the battle on the local level. The Democrats will run this state as they see fit. I don't like it but I can deal with it.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:01 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:09 pm

Vote them out.

That's democracy.

Don't like it?

Or move.

I love NYS even with all its warts. I came to the conclusion awhile ago that the politics will never change. I can fight the battle on the local level. The Democrats will run this state as they see fit. I don't like it but I can deal with it.
I’m about to list my mothers house and expect it’ll be sold be end of Q1 2021. It’s funny because I’m making a trip up to Binghamton after Xmas but once the house is sold I’ve been thinking for all that’s good and bad about NY State, I’m basically don’t with the state. Will go up occasionally to NYC for business and take the kids once or twice. My dads buried in Bath NY and I have Hobart. Dying aunt in Bath, fading uncle in Ravenna NY and some cousins in WNY and the great Albany area whom are all 10+yrs older than me but with (as of yet) no emotion attached ive been realizing. That after my first 22yrs in upstate and then another 5 in NYC so it seems weird to let go of that type of anchor. But that being said my knowledge of upstate has been fading over the last decade I’ve been in Georgia a bit anyways. In a few years it’ll be similar to me as Kansas or Arkansas.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Trump Tax Write-Offs Are Ensnared in 2 New York Fraud Investigations

"Inquiries into the president and his businesses, one criminal and one civil, are now looking at tax deductions taken on consulting fees. Some of the payments appear to have gone to Ivanka Trump."

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Trump’s Family Pardon Plan Might Make Him a Bigger Criminal Target

"The pardon power reaches any violation of federal criminal law but does not extend to state crimes, or to civil or regulatory infractions of either state or federal law. A valid pardon can be issued for a crime that has not been investigated or charged, so long as it occurred prior to the issuance of the pardon. For example, after the Civil War, President Andrew Johnson issued thousands of pardons for treason to former Confederates who had not been charged with that offense. Presidents Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter issued broad amnesties to Vietnam draft evaders, some charged with crimes and some not. But a pardon cannot cover either a crime that occurs after its issuance, or a continuing offense like a criminal conspiracy that began before the pardon but was ongoing thereafter. Likewise, the limitation to prior crimes means that the issuance of the pardon could itself be a crime, if it was issued corruptly in connection with a bribe or in order to obstruct justice. This is why the investigation of the “bribery-for-pardon schemes” revealed in unsealed legal filings on Tuesday could expose Trump to his own criminal liability if he participated in any such schemes."

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:01 pm Trump’s Family Pardon Plan Might Make Him a Bigger Criminal Target

"The pardon power reaches any violation of federal criminal law but does not extend to state crimes, or to civil or regulatory infractions of either state or federal law. A valid pardon can be issued for a crime that has not been investigated or charged, so long as it occurred prior to the issuance of the pardon. For example, after the Civil War, President Andrew Johnson issued thousands of pardons for treason to former Confederates who had not been charged with that offense. Presidents Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter issued broad amnesties to Vietnam draft evaders, some charged with crimes and some not. But a pardon cannot cover either a crime that occurs after its issuance, or a continuing offense like a criminal conspiracy that began before the pardon but was ongoing thereafter. Likewise, the limitation to prior crimes means that the issuance of the pardon could itself be a crime, if it was issued corruptly in connection with a bribe or in order to obstruct justice. This is why the investigation of the “bribery-for-pardon schemes” revealed in unsealed legal filings on Tuesday could expose Trump to his own criminal liability if he participated in any such schemes."

Betting line on when a Trump family member or entity is next charged, and whether criminally or civilly?

And odds on which member or entity first?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:05 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:01 pm Trump’s Family Pardon Plan Might Make Him a Bigger Criminal Target

Betting line on when a Trump family member or entity is next charged, and whether criminally or civilly?

So, the theory here is that after 4 years, Team Trump has been investigated by damned near every entity in the federal gov't, damned near every news outlet, and for some reason you all brush off anything to do with Team Biden. If not for double standards, you'd all would have no standards...politically speaking. I'll save you a couple paragraphs....I want Trump to go away, I do not watch Fox.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:04 am

So, the theory here is that after 4 years, Team Trump has been investigated by damned near every entity in the federal gov't, damned near every news outlet, and for some reason you all brush off anything to do with Team Biden. If not for double standards, you'd all would have no standards...politically speaking. I'll save you a couple paragraphs....I want Trump to go away, I do not watch Fox.
So...what's your answer on when the Trump crew will be charged next, whether civilly or criminally, and which member first?

In other words, how soon after Donald sr leaves the White House...one month, six months? what's your bet?

There's another thread re Hunter Biden...I've been clear that if he did something criminal, I'd want him held to account.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:37 am

So...what's your answer on when the Trump crew will be charged next, whether civilly or criminally, and which member first?

In other words, how soon after Donald sr leaves the White House...one month, six months? what's your bet?

There's another thread re Hunter Biden...I've been clear that if he did something criminal, I'd want him held to account.
Since Biden seems content in allowing the states to take the lead here - I would expect the first charges would be regarding the Trump organization business. But predicting a time is interesting because as soon as Biden has the reins of power the feds will no longer be trying to protect say IRS information from being transmitted to NY prosecutors. IF there is a lot of new information gathered it may take some time to build a better case.

And if Biden is as hands off Justice as he says, you might see some followup on the Mueller Report to look at the likely prosecutable obstruction of justice that was found. I actually think that would be a good thing to at least consider without the bias of Barr trying his best to bury it.

But the civil/tax recovery business might be the most important - Trump could be held liable for a LOT of back taxes, including his long standing dispute with the IRS and that could do a lot of financial damage.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Trump is not running around in my head, you guys are locked in, with a pocket full of pebbles, in your glass homes...how about you go on the record
and tell US what he will be charged with, then we can quote for posterity ....... Mr. Nostradamus MDLAXfan ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:02 am

Trump is not running around in my head, you guys are locked in, with a pocket full of pebbles, in your glass homes...how about you go on the record
and tell US what he will be charged with, then we can quote for posterity ....... Mr. Nostradamus MDLAXfan ;) :lol:
youth, I've done that numerous times in the past...based on the investigations underway and what those like Cohen have said.

I tend to agree that the State charges will likely be first and likely be Trump and co, with civil charges, though each of the family members directly involved may also be charged. Could be criminal charges. Bank fraud, tax fraud, insurance fraud all likely to be charged at the State level...and federally unless Trump has preemptively pardoned for those crimes.

I tend to agree that while the obstruction of justice charges detailed in the Mueller Report should be charged, they may not be.

I also think we'll see Trump forced to testify in his libel case with the woman he (allegedly) raped...and I think it will become clear he's been lying on that one as well. I wouldn't be shocked to see other women come forward demanding damages too.

Timing I'm far less confident about, as I don't have a good sense as to how long it would take for the various prosecutors to be ready...they may be poised to do so after Jan 20 or, and I think this is more likely, they will now be able to get access to the full data they need and it'll take time to prepare a fulsome case.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I don’t have the details on this, but from comments made by the New York prosecutors in oral arguments in court proceedings, it may be the case that the statute of limitations is coming up pretty quickly in some of the criminal matters. If that’s true, I would expect the indictments to be issued (if that is going to happen) sooner rather than later.

A potential treasure trove of information is the communications between the accountants and T****. While there has been much focus on the tax returns, the subpoenas also cover those communications. Many have observed, and I agree, that the communications may have the most damaging evidence.

I’m pretty sure that the Vance case is still pending before the US Supreme Court. I suspect the court is simply sitting on the case until after T**** is out of office at which point they will deny cert. My guess anyway.

I’ve never filed a New York tax return and don’t know what information is required, but certainly the New York prosecutors already have T****’s New York returns. Is there anything of substance in the federal returns over and above what is in the state returns? I don’t know.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

What YA and the other Trumpists around here constantly fail to take into account in this arena is that there most certainly has NOT been a full investigation of this guy in the last four years. Trump was NEVER put under oath, nor was Don McGahn. Bill Barr ABSOLUTELY lied his fat rump off when the Mueller Report came out and has covered it up with redactions and obfuscation ever since. Trumpists sleep at night thinking “they investigated him for four years and found nothing”, a notion that is so ignorant and dangerous that - in my opinion - a Truth and Reconciliation effort MUST be mounted, probably at several levels, so that the “Truth Decay” that BHO spoke of can be stopped, so that this insipid “they both do it, so you people are hypocrites” nonsense can be beaten back under a rock where it belongs.

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

dislaxxic wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:17 am What YA and the other Trumpists around here constantly fail to take into account in this arena is that there most certainly has NOT been a full investigation of this guy in the last four years.
BTW - Using the term Trumpists for those who want to support an elected POTUS and his policy ideas, clearly displays the elitism to which you say you look down upon. I have the ability to separate the two...I can support a POTUS and not like his behavior. I have been on record hoping he would turn his decorum around...he shiit away many lost opportunities.

Sections b, i, ii, and iii gave them an open door. https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... ecial.html
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”