Johns Hopkins 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jhu06

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by jhu06 »

-I don't know the Petro tree well enough to know how the kids have succeeded as coaches now (and my google alerts show other guys like boland who was coaching at the mcla level). we all know that his friend belichick has faced issues in a lot of places because his style is hard to implement when you don't have the credentials+system in place that he has built.

-no one's ever said that Hopkins mens lacrosse players are expected to come to campus and win marshall scholarships. Just that they win lacrosse games, represent the brand and maybe throw some bones back at the school eventually. They bring the brand national exposure the school would not otherwise get w/students, alumni and the community. Rabil for example has a relationship with the great Barstool sports and famed Dan Big Kat Katz where he's on constantly pitching the sport and hopkins.

-Petro had stem walkons this is one of them.
https://www.jhsph.edu/faculty/directory ... ew-e-jaffe
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

jhu06 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:01 pm -I don't know the Petro tree well enough to know how the kids have succeeded as coaches now (and my google alerts show other guys like boland who was coaching at the mcla level). we all know that his friend belichick has faced issues in a lot of places because his style is hard to implement when you don't have the credentials+system in place that he has built. maybe film did help, other teams. "geez, all they friggin do is alley dodge, Our goalies wet dream"

-no one's ever said that Hopkins mens lacrosse players are expected to come to campus and win marshall scholarships. Just that they win lacrosse games, represent the brand and maybe throw some bones back at the school eventually.Love the straight up truth They bring the brand national exposure the school would not otherwise get w/students, alumni and the community. Rabil for example has a relationship with the great Barstool sports and famed Dan Big Kat Katz where he's on constantly pitching the sport and hopkins. Rabil, certainly IS a fan favorite ;)

-Petro had stem walkons this is one of them.
https://www.jhsph.edu/faculty/directory ... ew-e-jaffe
Regarding the PLL, if it weren't for the FUN the Maryland boyz are showing they are having, what Hopkins guy is a PLL "fun guy" to either watch, or talk with? Without Matt Rambo, no PLL success, or the Irish leprachans, especially he D guys.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Whoever was supposed to be manning the door when fatty/RRR/whatever this latest alter ego is slipped in wasn't doing his job.

'21 class officially announced https://twitter.com/jhumenslacrosse/sta ... 3655267329

Should be music to 51's ears. Only 12 guys and positionally balanced:
4 middies
4 poles
only 2 attackmen
1 goalie
1 FOGO

'22 class is not official yet, will probably end up adding a few more to it but as it stands now, just 10 guys:
4 middies
3 poles
1 attackman
1 goalie
1 FOGO
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:09 am Whoever was supposed to be manning the door when fatty/RRR/whatever this latest alter ego is slipped in wasn't doing his job.

'21 class officially announced https://twitter.com/jhumenslacrosse/sta ... 3655267329

Should be music to 51's ears. Only 12 guys and positionally balanced:
4 middies
4 poles
only 2 attackmen
1 goalie
1 FOGO

'22 class is not official yet, will probably end up adding a few more to it but as it stands now, just 10 guys:
4 middies
3 poles
1 attackman
1 goalie
1 FOGO
and, I see your alter ego on the twatter sphere is tamishIMAN. what a world :lol:
must be my twitter alogo rich em that has your tweets just above the PLL and ryder gersney braggin about 4 feet, with a picture of him a back yard dusting? what gives? Back bowl at Vail closed ryder? Lame pic. Someone with an account please re-tweet my thoughts
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

I only see 11 on ILs recruit list for 2021 who is missing? Are you counting the basketball player? Regardless, it is promising to see a class number in the 12ish range. The hopefully apparent recognition of position needs/team structure is a positive too. This class - with only 1 ranked player - will be scrutinized and provide an interesting case study example.
SpiritInTheStick

Post by SpiritInTheStick »

51percentcorn wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:31 pm I only see 11 on ILs recruit list for 2021 who is missing?
Hakim Hicks, a M from Westtown School, is also listed by JHU MLax twitter in the group of their '21 class. Not listed on IL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk6sBO1wyiU
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:00 pm Dave Huntley
-those players look so thin. How did they ever win titles w/out team nutrionists, leadership development seminars and snack bars?
-we never have any idea about these kids until they get to homewood except we're not getting kids anymore who were signed as 8th graders.
-I'm sure someone will do a breakdown of all the milliman kids so far and how they're different from petros guys. What areas of the country he hunts, what club teams, what size players, what skills he emphasizes, and of course how many sons of ex hop guys.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:00 pm Dave Huntley
Thanks, fun video! great player. Great guy.
His son was a ton of fun to watch as well both in high school then at Hop.

I've previously told this story. Dave was asked to help select a AA travel team for Towsontown rec, avoiding the challenge of having parents involved in the selection, provide some independence. After the tryouts, which I'd help 'coach', I was pretty sure my son hadn't made the team. He was at the 'big feet' stage of his development, smart, great stick but definitely not fleet afoot and certainly not one of the top poles IMO. Not flashy...struggled with some asthma in the February cold air... But he got a call from the head coach and was told he'd been selected. The coach explained to us both that Dave had overruled the other coaches, insisting my son make it...apparently he'd noticed my son during wind sprints, trailing many of the players but ...touching every line no matter what that cost on the turn. Son ended up being a starter on that team by mid-season, destined to switch to the goal two years later. Dave had noticed something others had missed. I had a chance to thank him years later...as I began to tell him the story, he interrupted... he remembered the kid who had touched every line...
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

SpiritInTheStick wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:15 pm
51percentcorn wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:31 pm I only see 11 on ILs recruit list for 2021 who is missing?
Hakim Hicks, a M from Westtown School, is also listed by JHU MLax twitter in the group of their '21 class. Not listed on IL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk6sBO1wyiU
Thanks for the assist. Has this been discussed before? Seems like a great story and a great kid. Harlem Lacrosse/chess playing 6'3 175/looks like there is some game there.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

IgnoreABVtroll
IgnoreABVtroll
8CBDD863-AE15-4976-9334-3B9DBC373B41.jpeg (45.64 KiB) Viewed 2641 times
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:52 pm ...apparently he'd noticed my son during wind sprints, trailing many of the players but ...touching every line no matter what that cost on the turn...
That's great...
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

For Baltimore folk, Eddie's is closing...
Caddy Day
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:11 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:52 pm ...apparently he'd noticed my son during wind sprints, trailing many of the players but ...touching every line no matter what that cost on the turn...
That's great...
Story was about Dave being interested in more than the obvious.
Takes a special person to have that sort of antenna.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Matnum PI wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:49 pm For Baltimore folk, Eddie's is closing...
It was one of my favorite parts of going to hopkins. the sandwiches were great. too bad. If you like the wire or have it. There's a scene late in season 5 where mcnulty goes in and buys a newspaper and you can see the glass with the blue and the players names-they were usually girls field hockey or lacrosse painted on.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:22 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:11 pm
That's great...
Story was about Dave being interested in more than the obvious.
Takes a special person to have that sort of antenna.
Understood. Also speaks to looking at a person's character, work ethic (which I would argue speaks to a player's future) instead of their over-the-head check, goal (which I would argue speaks to the present). Sounds like he saw the big picture.
Caddy Day
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ions/57063

Do the Jays have any chance of getting this guy?
We could sure use him.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:20 am https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ions/57063

We could sure use him.
Could we? Attack is already extremely well stocked between Epstein, Williams, Murphy, Grimes, McDermott, Angelus, Bauer, etc. Unless it's someone of Sowers/Gray/etc. caliber, I don't think there's any reason to take on another attackman, especially someone with only a year of eligibility left.

Now if one of Cuse's top middies enters the portal, I'd be more interested.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

Per Jast:

There are at least six other players also in the middle of the appeals process. Most of them midfielders with the majority of them on the offensive side of the ball
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:36 am
Sagittarius A* wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:20 am https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ions/57063

We could sure use him.
Could we? Attack is already extremely well stocked between Epstein, Williams, Murphy, Grimes, McDermott, Angelus, Bauer, etc. Unless it's someone of Sowers/Gray/etc. caliber, I don't think there's any reason to take on another attackman, especially someone with only a year of eligibility left.

Now if one of Cuse's top middies enters the portal, I'd be more interested.
As a Syracuse fan, there are things I like and things I dislike about Rehfuss as a player. I hope he stays with the team, but there are limitations to his game. JHU's strategy in the spring of putting a short stick on him and playing a soft zone behind his defender was truly bizarre and probably the reason for the blowout.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”