2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:46 pmThe fact that each state is different only complicated the task of the (R)'s to counter the changes made at the last minute.
Great. So you're on the record now. You're telling me that the voting systems for each State were as good as could be EXCEPT with States that made changes to accept mail in votes in 2020.

That cuts your complaints down. Because further? You can't make a complaint about Republican Controlled States.

So give us your list. Tell us which States fit this criteria for "last minute changes", AND were Dem controlled.

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:26 pm Trump's attacks on mail in voting & the USPS were disruptive & depressed (R) mail in turnout.
Yep. And I told you that would happen.
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:26 pm How could the (R)'s demand ID in 2020, when the pandemic necessitated the majority of voting be done by mail ?
Simple. The last election was in 2016. R's could have passed in person-only Voter ID laws in any of 23 States where they had total control for three full years.

Show me where they did that.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:46 pm The (D)'s had an effective 2 minute offense (see HR1, Stacey Abram's suit/consent decree in GA, & the Carter Center's revision of the Carter-Baker report quoted above).
You lost me here. HR1 is a bill that didn't even reach the floor of the Senate. The Consent Decree was signed by a Republican. And I have no idea why you think a report means anything.

You can't blame a Republican run State (GA) for having fixed/fraudulent/problematic/whateveryouwantocallthem elections that helps the Dems.

At some point, you have to say that fair is fair, and Trump lost.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

The President of the United States of America powering through a working dinner: https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 37920?s=21

I wonder if he called food in?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:23 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:46 pmThe fact that each state is different only complicated the task of the (R)'s to counter the changes made at the last minute.
Great. So you're on the record now. You're telling me that the voting systems for each State were as good as could be EXCEPT with States that made changes to accept mail in votes in 2020. I don't know what you are saying, but that's not what I said.

That cuts your complaints down. Because further? You can't make a complaint about Republican Controlled States.
So give us your list. Tell us which States fit this criteria for "last minute changes", AND were Dem controlled.
The states I've heard the most complaints about are naturally the close ones -- PA, MI, WI, GA, NV & AZ. In each state the complaints are complex & different. The rules or contested rulings were made by legislatures, sec's of state, election officials or state courts. I didn't keep score by party. Like I said -- I'm content to let each state hash it out & I'll follow with interest, as best I can.
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:26 pm Trump's attacks on mail in voting & the USPS were disruptive & depressed (R) mail in turnout.
No question there. You're a genius.
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:26 pm How could the (R)'s demand ID in 2020, when the pandemic necessitated the majority of voting be done by mail ?
Simple. The last election was in 2016. R's could have passed in person-only Voter ID laws in any of 23 States where they had total control for three full years. So what ? That's irrelevant in a mail in election. Each state had different ID rqmt's in normal (non-pandemic) elections.
https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections ... er-id.aspx

That's not what I asked. How do you show ID if you vote by mail ? Those states accepted mail in voting, only for 2020, because of the pandemic.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:16 pm
Great. So you're on the record now. You're telling me that the voting systems for each State were as good as could be EXCEPT with States that made changes to accept mail in votes in 2020. I don't know what you are saying, but that's not what I said.

The states I've heard the most complaints about are naturally the close ones -- PA, MI, WI, GA, NV & AZ. In each state the complaints are complex & different. The rules or contested rulings were made by legislatures, sec's of state, election officials or state courts. I didn't keep score by party. Like I said -- I'm content to let each state hash it out & I'll follow with interest, as best I can.
Simple. The last election was in 2016. R's could have passed in person-only Voter ID laws in any of 23 States where they had total control for three full years. So what ? That's irrelevant in a mail in election. Each state had different ID rqmt's in normal (non-pandemic) elections.

That's not what I asked. How do you show ID if you vote by mail ? Those states accepted mail in voting, only for 2020, because of the pandemic.
Did you pose these questions to Rudy?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:53 pm

Good idea. You & afan should have a colloquy with Rudy. I give up on trying to make a serious point.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:01 pm

Good idea. You & afan should have a colloquy with Rudy. I give up on trying to make a serious point.
We had a voter fraud commission disbanded after two years of investigating which turned up nothing....Add to it in an election where we had more mail in ballots ever in the history of this country, including millions of “junk mail” ballots, your team couldn’t produce any evidence at all.... serious point? It’s a joke. How many courts have to tell you that? You are looking for an excuse for more voter suppression. This was a well run election based on the post election scrutiny....we should do MORE of it. Great civic participation....it is what it means to be The United States of America 🇺🇸
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:14 pm

We had a voter fraud commission disbanded after two years of investigating which turned up nothing....Add to it in an election where we had more mail in ballots ever in the history of this country, including millions of “junk mail” ballots, your team couldn’t produce any evidence at all.... serious point? It’s a joke. How many courts have to tell you that? You are looking for an excuse for more voter suppression. This was a well run election based on the post election scrutiny....we should do MORE of it. Great civic participation....it is what it means to be The United States of America 🇺🇸
:lol: Voter fraud commission ? ...post election scrutiny ? By who ? The election was just 6 weeks ago. Still recounting in NY.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:21 pm

:lol: Voter fraud commission ? ...post election scrutiny ? By who ? The election was just 6 weeks ago. Still recounting in NY.
https://apnews.com/article/f5f6a73b2af5 ... b35e82c18d

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What did Rudy find? You are in the tank.
“I wish you would!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:14 pm (omitted)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President ... _Integrity

The one Trump put into place after the last election (headed by Kris Kobach) that found NO voter fraud.

That commission was just an excuse to look for reasons for more voter suppression. Which is what any commission put together now would be.

Fortunately with Biden in office, that kind of nonsense won't happen.
old salt

Post by old salt »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:27 pm

The one Trump put into place after the last election (headed by Kris Kobach) that found NO voter fraud.

That commission was just an excuse to look for reasons for more voter suppression. Which is what any commission put together now would be.

Yeah. Nobody, at the Fed level will look, which is just as well -- it's an issue for the states.

To bring up the 2016 election is a red herring. Entirely different rules.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:33 pm

Yeah. Nobody, at the Fed level will look, which is just as well -- it's an issue for the states.

Bring back the poll tax!! MAGA!!
😂😂
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:26 pm

Reset your watch. This is 2020, not 2016.
Look at the complications caused by a last minute rule change by a Governor, in just one district.
70k absentee ballots to examine & process when they normally have only 7k.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/claudi ... challenges
Last edited by old salt on Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:38 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:26 pm

Look at the complications caused by a last minute rule change by a Governor, in just one district.
70k absentee ballots to examine & process when they normally have only 7k.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/claudi ... challenges
BFD. Order in food and keep working.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

MAGA

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Yep....given the sheer volume of mail in ballots this past election, you would have thought Sydney and Rudy would have produced one piece of evidence....These people want to determine who is qualified to vote....
“I wish you would!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:55 pm

Yep....given the sheer volume of mail in ballots this past election, you would have thought Sydney and Rudy would have produced one piece of evidence....These people want to determine who is qualified to vote....
And their determination is only those who vote for their side...
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Not really - just a lot of people who voted using different methods. But absentee and mail balloting has been done in all states to some degree, so not really a vastly different set of rules - just a much different set of desires for how the voters wanted to vote.
old salt

Post by old salt »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:28 pm

Not really - just a lot of people who voted using different methods. But absentee and mail balloting has been done in all states to some degree, so not really a vastly different set of rules - just a much different set of desires for how the voters wanted to vote.
Not vastly different ? One district in NY which normally processes 7k absentee ballots is still trying to process 70k absentee ballots.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:35 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:28 pm

Not vastly different ? One district in NY which normally processes 7k absentee ballots is still trying to process 70k absentee ballots.
The _rules_ are not that different. The mix of ballots are, and a lot of states did not adjust their processing to match. In PA and MI, for example the R legislature intentionally refused to allow any processing of mail/dropped off ballots in advance to get a start on the counting. Part of the whole attempt to make it look like Trump won on election night and “suspicious” mail ballots would be responsible for Biden’s going ahead. But the counts were not close enough to steal the election, and no courts would go along.

If the margins would have been narrower (especially in the EC) they might have been able to pull off the steal.

Return to “POLITICS”