All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:51 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:50 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:32 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:41 am
ggait wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:16 am
I don’t know much of anything about Wichita State, other than the basketball team.

Baseball team has a strong history.
I do know (but do not know why I know) that Wichita State has a world class program in aviation and aeronautics. Which is a lot more than I knew about UMBC's academic programs.
I didn’t know that. They had a fantastic hoops team in the early 1980’s. One of the best to not win a title. A funny UMBC story, a friend said he was talking to a guy about UMBC and told the guy UMBC stood for you made a bad mistake....the guy told him his daughter went there😂 🦶 in 👄
CHOICE .......not mistake, but choice. U Made a Bad Choice
That’s right. Brain cramp.
... UMBC produces very qualified tech industry employees. Hired lots of them, very happy with the quality of their graduates.
Yes. My friend (he married up) is a knucklehead from Long Island.....He married into a family that I am sure everyone in the Baltimore to Northern Virginia lacrosse community on this board knows....
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:58 pm
I don’t know much of anything about Wichita State, other than the basketball team.

I do know (but do not know why I know) that Wichita State has a world class program in aviation and aeronautics. Which is a lot more than I knew about UMBC's academic programs.
I didn’t know that. They had a fantastic hoops team in the early 1980’s. One of the best to not win a title. A funny UMBC story, a friend said he was talking to a guy about UMBC and told the guy UMBC stood for you made a bad mistake....the guy told him his daughter went there😂 🦶 in 👄
... UMBC produces very qualified tech industry employees. Hired lots of them, very happy with the quality of their graduates.
Yes. My friend (he married up) is a knucklehead from Long Island.....He married into a family that I am sure everyone in the Baltimore to Northern Virginia lacrosse community on this board knows....
What kind of wedding cake? Was the wedding in a church, or outside? Were you in the wedding party?
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

WOW...... not one mention, on any thread, discussing the most recent covid welfare checks to be cut. Speaks volumes as to what is prioritized around these parts. Not one word. Does anyone actually read any of the political bills on the politics threads? oh, right.....twitter
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

hmmm, so you have RRR/ABV?

Feel free to illuminate us...BTW, has something been passed?
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:23 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:58 pm

What kind of wedding cake? Was the wedding in a church, or outside? Were you in the wedding party?
I met him after they were married.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:08 am hmmm, so you have RRR/ABV?

Feel free to illuminate us...BTW, has something been passed?
oh....I posted some stuff. Krystal Ball is a big hint.......

but, you prefer infotainment, and the same repeated 39 words, and same "teasers" all neatly tucked into bigPharma ads.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

CU88 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:52 am USA Deaths: 314,694

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
only two weeks left on the old fashioned CDC annual death count. The total death count, which has been averaging around 2.2 million for the past 5 years. Certainly, the annual death count is going to be well above 2.5 million. Right?

Here come the "well, data is flawed", or, "covid deaths are underreported" and other laughable remarks.

What is the current CDC total death count for calendar year 2020?

we will just have to wait for the dust to settle on the data, but we will report NOW.....any death toll numbers as if accurate :roll:

In 2018, a total of 2,839,205 resident deaths were registered in the United States—25,702 more deaths than in 2017.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/datab ... 0in%202018.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

You forgot the most obvious excuse: "reality show, fake wrestler made me fudge the numbers" :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:55 am

only two weeks left on the old fashioned CDC annual death count. The total death count, which has been averaging around 2.2 million for the past 5 years. Certainly, the annual death count is going to be well above 2.5 million. Right?

Here come the "well, data is flawed", or, "covid deaths are underreported" and other laughable remarks.

we will just have to wait for the dust to settle on the data, but we will report NOW.....any death toll numbers as if accurate :roll:

In 2018, a total of 2,839,205 resident deaths were registered in the United States—25,702 more deaths than in 2017.

How many of those were causes by a contagion for which there is no cure? Let me know the breakdown. Covid-19 is the third leading cause of death at this 10 month run rate.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:31 am

How many of those were causes by a contagion for which there is no cure? Let me know the breakdown. Covid-19 is the third leading cause of death at this 10 month run rate.
because zero dollars are being thrown about for checking the V19 box.

the fact that dollars ARE being handed out, as factually proven by the actual law (C.A.R.E.S. act) that I have posted......is very strange, don't you think? I have covid, received zero treatment. what's it all mean, alfy?

If the same amount of people died, or, even less, than the 2.8 million in 2018, what's it all mean?

since when did you care what IS killing people? Drinking is up there, without the add ons for suicide....yet, you drink. What gives ;)
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:37 am

the fact that dollars ARE being handed out, as factually proven by the actual law (C.A.R.E.S. act) that I have posted......is very strange, don't you think? I have covid, received zero treatment. what's it all mean, alfy?

If the same amount of people died, or, even less, than the 2.8 million in 2018, what's it all mean?

since when did you care what IS killing people? Drinking is up there, without the add ons for suicide....yet, you drink. What gives ;)
I don’t care...... I care about what might kill me or my family members. Go Commando. You and your family shouldn’t take up a perfectly good vaccine since none of this matters. Spread the word.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:40 am

I don’t care...... I care about what might kill me or my family members. Go Commando. You and your family shouldn’t take up a perfectly good vaccine since none of this matters. Spread the word.
How does a simple data discussion divolve into what you replied???

It's like Hopkins lacrosse, which kept on poorly performing. Who cares if the third leading cause of loses, non "good" btw ;) , changed metrics, if 2020 deaths were equal to, or lower, than just the previous two years, who cares indeed.

That is all I am trying to focus on . Very simple, metrics and data points. Overall deaths. It's your choice to drink, even tho it's the number one cause of adult onset diabetes. Unless I have that fact wrong too? drink up
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:53 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:40 am

How does a simple data discussion divolve into what you replied???

It's like Hopkins lacrosse, which kept on poorly performing. Who cares if the third leading cause of loses, non "good" btw ;) , changed metrics, if 2020 deaths were equal to, or lower, than just the previous two years, who cares indeed.

That is all I am trying to focus on . Very simple, metrics and data points. Overall deaths. It's your choice to drink, even tho it's the number one cause of adult onset diabetes. Unless I have that fact wrong too? drink up
How did I come to that?......By you implying that Coronavirus killing people is no big deal and I don’t care about people dying. Put your words into action. Don’t be a hypocrite. Encourage your friends and family not to get vaccinated if you believe it...unless you are a PreTeNd. It’s simple logic.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Yes or no, you still have a job and same pay as this time last year? If it's yes, than we clearly have nothing to discuss as your proven history and lack of concern, with the over 100 million that would answer, NO, is telling.

You take the cheap way out with jerk like thoughts such as "no big deal" or " shut em down" followed up with lame comments like, " I would give them a bailout"....but never, ever, followed up with any further thought , or discussion on HOW to get shut down restaurants, and more importantly, the illegals washing dishes, funds.......guess we must have missed all the pretend liberal comments and concerns about it. but Trump ruled the day.

Nah, I care about covid. You don't care that a family member of mine, who had the death rattle in Jan. 2020, after a 5 year bout with Alzheimers, died of "covid" in March. Yes, he literally, was, dying anyway. And further, his nurse wife of 50 years, rolls her eyes, as the entire family does, when the cause of death was "covid". Why? He never was even tested. But, you want to ignore these true stories. Of, if biting, just throw them in the "one off" pile. No sir, covid is a concern. For a certain demographic. To the point of armed guards outside college covid dorms .....really. You just wanna ignore that? Or, like you do, just ignore the fact that well over 100 million of your neighbors , well, answered, NO.

boy, if that is what you take from my posts, that I am uncaring about my neighbors, :roll: or you are just hiding behind your "sardonic of the snide", instead of the truth. Which is it?

OF NOTE, guess autoEDIT changes anything related to twitter, like twatter, it changes it to "jerk".....carry on, defenders of twitter, where they ban you for writing Bruce Jenner.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:18 pm there's been some on those that were used:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7414728/
https://www.heraldopenaccess.us/openacc ... f-covid-19
and others:
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 ... 01066/full
https://journals.lww.com/md-journal/Ful ... se.74.aspx
https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 20-01153-7

china i believe is much more in on herbals than a lot of other places. considering the lack of prevalence of covid there, tougher to get larger clinical trials there. there are a bunch more links if you google "lianhua qingwen and huoxiang zhengqi". and a number of links to studies within those above studies. maybe something else to find in clinicaltrials.org

i doubt you could get much in the way of western trials never mind approvals coming. but maybe some possibly effective ones are prescribed by folks or don't need to be. i've got my quercetin, which is use in china, in lieu of my hcq,

Wow. There's quite a bit of info there. Thanks for going thru all that research. Illuminating but a bit detailed and much of it beyond my grasp. But one thing that is evident is that TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) does improve one's chances of a quicker recovery. Hopefully, the FDA will find an American alternate to it. Or perhaps folks here will develop one of their own and make it readily available for all.

As for hcq, it appears that the government no longer recommends it:

https://news.vumc.org/2020/11/05/hcq-do ... vid-study/

quote: Ninety-seven study participants developed COVID-19 — 29 in each of the HCQ groups and 39 in the placebo group. The reduced incidence of COVID-19 in the HCQ groups was not statistically significant, the researchers reported last month in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases.

“Our results suggest that prophylaxis (preventive therapy) with hydroxychloroquine … is ineffective, and recommendations for prophylactic use … should be reconsidered,” they concluded.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:16 am Yes or no, you still have a job and same pay as this time last year? If it's yes, than we clearly have nothing to discuss as your proven history and lack of concern, with the over 100 million that would answer, NO, is telling.

You take the cheap way out with jerk like thoughts such as "no big deal" or " shut em down" followed up with lame comments like, " I would give them a bailout"....but never, ever, followed up with any further thought , or discussion on HOW to get shut down restaurants, and more importantly, the illegals washing dishes, funds.......guess we must have missed all the pretend liberal comments and concerns about it. but Trump ruled the day.

Nah, I care about covid. You don't care that a family member of mine, who had the death rattle in Jan. 2020, after a 5 year bout with Alzheimers, died of "covid" in March. Yes, he literally, was, dying anyway. And further, his nurse wife of 50 years, rolls her eyes, as the entire family does, when the cause of death was "covid". Why? He never was even tested. But, you want to ignore these true stories. Of, if biting, just throw them in the "one off" pile. No sir, covid is a concern. For a certain demographic. To the point of armed guards outside college covid dorms .....really. You just wanna ignore that? Or, like you do, just ignore the fact that well over 100 million of your neighbors , well, answered, NO.

boy, if that is what you take from my posts, that I am uncaring about my neighbors, :roll: or you are just hiding behind your "sardonic of the snide", instead of the truth. Which is it?

OF NOTE, guess autoEDIT changes anything related to twitter, like twatter, it changes it to "jerk".....carry on, defenders of twitter, where they ban you for writing Bruce Jenner.
I missed this. You are in rare form today. You don’t care. Nobody is forcing you. Mid 60’s is enough living.... Ride your bike. Put the snow tires on.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:12 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:16 am Yes or no, you still have a job and same pay as this time last year? If it's yes, than we clearly have nothing to discuss as your proven history and lack of concern, with the over 100 million that would answer, NO, is telling.

I missed this. You are in rare form today. You don’t care. Nobody is forcing you. Mid 60’s is enough living.... Ride your bike. Put the snow tires on.
So, that's a yes. Good for you and your family.

Heard the annual "feed the poor" drive by drop off got cancelled. It was on the Wilton Facebook Page this morning. What am I going to do with all the cans in the back of the F150? I'm not driving to Bridgeport by myself. No, fatty, those were staying right here in Wilton. Yes, even in Wilton.

nah.....it's you that doesn't care. empathy runs deep in your household, we see.
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:20 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:12 pm

So, that's a yes. Good for you and your family.

Heard the annual "feed the poor" drive by drop off got cancelled. It was on the Wilton Facebook Page this morning. What am I going to do with all the cans in the back of the F150? I'm not driving to Bridgeport by myself. No, fatty, those were staying right here in Wilton. Yes, even in Wilton.

nah.....it's you that doesn't care. empathy runs deep in your household, we see.
A contagion doesn’t care about empathy, sport.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

what does a contagin care about?

Know what I have noticed? every single one of my obese friends , many taking high blood pressure pills to boot, haven't lost a pound during covid. especially the ones that feast on the fear porn. French Laundry types.

Yup....just living life, NOT worried about the contagin. Like roughly how that contagin doesn't effect 99% of the population, certainly not killing them.

Financially? who cares.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcUa65cgX9c

Return to “POLITICS”