NFL

General Chatter
Brooklyn

Re: NFL

Post by Brooklyn »

Was on a NFL chat and chatters talked as if Joe Flacco is somehow a better QB than Joe Montana. This because Flacco has surpassed him in total yardage. But there is a reason why today's QBs have higher stats than they did in the past. This video illustrates why.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yup, records are going to be shattered. Not only are the QBs pretty much untouchable, receivers are given much more safe space than ever too. Was no such thing as "defenseless receiver" when Joe was playing.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Flacco had the best playoff run of any quarterback in the history of the NFL. Ever. And that includes all the other Joes and Johnnies to play the game. He owns the Playoff TD record. Broke it in 2012. But that does not make him Joe Montana or Johnny U elite.

But he WAS very solid in his day and a real Competitor in the playoffs. There’s a reason fans here called him January Joe. With Joe QBing your team in the playoffs anything was possible.

He is good NJ boy with a great family. And Baltimore still loves Joe Flacco.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Flacco is a good South Jersey boy. Still well regarded around here. There was some fan interest in trying to get him to come to Philadelphia after he was run out of Baltimore. Was too expensive, though, to be a back up.

But, sorry, he’d get zero votes in this area for best playoff run. That goes to Nicky Six. But every city is entitled to have great affection for quarterbacks who won them Super Bowls.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

To each their own! I see a lot of these performances as "pizza." You might prefer another shop's dough or sauce. But it is all good to eat!
I expect Mahomes to shatter this record sometime in his career. That KC offense is scary when it's hot.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... ayoffs.htm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Flacco's run was pretty epic, but he still shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Joe Montana. Better than Foles run though, no doubt.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:47 pm Steeler fans last night :lol: :lol: : https://www.facebook.com/10001036864489 ... 9015832041

jeepers - the guy sure was p1ssed :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

You are what your record says you are.
But that was the worst 11-0 team in NFL history.
They got so many breaks and won so many fluky games that they are probably the equivalent of a normal 7-4 team.
I think Tomlin was glad they lost so people would stop talking about them with unrealistic expectations.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:57 am Flacco had the best playoff run of any quarterback in the history of the NFL. Ever. And that includes all the other Joes and Johnnies to play the game. He owns the Playoff TD record. Broke it in 2012. But that does not make him Joe Montana or Johnny U elite.

But he WAS very solid in his day and a real Competitor in the playoffs. There’s a reason fans here called him January Joe. With Joe QBing your team in the playoffs anything was possible.

He is good NJ boy with a great family. And Baltimore still loves Joe Flacco.
Did Flacco play more games due to the modified playoff structure?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Yes-on that list, Flacco, Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees all got 4 games as Wild Card teams.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

6x6

Post by 6x6 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:47 pm Steeler fans last night :lol: :lol: : https://www.facebook.com/10001036864489 ... 9015832041
I know this was after the Washington game but I have two good friends, one a huge Bills fan and the other a huge Steelers fan. So, I emailed the video to them as one is not on FB and the other probably hadn’t seen it.

Here is the reply from my buddy in Pittsburgh.

That was an aberration. That game was a fraud and hoax. We actually won the game by 21 points and are filing a law suite with the NFL to have the score overturned. They stole that game.

My reply to him....I know a guy who knows a guy who knows Texas AG Paxton, I’m sure he can help you out.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Kevin Greene of the Steelers dead at age 58.

Between since 2000 and 2009, 17 former Steelers have died before they reached the age of 59. Many linked directly and indirectly with steroids, Dr R. and concussions.

Unsure the stats since 2009. But Greene is another gone too early.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:05 am Kevin Greene of the Steelers dead at age 58.

Between since 2000 and 2009, 17 former Steelers have died before they reached the age of 59. Many linked directly and indirectly with steroids, Dr R. and concussions.

Unsure the stats since 2009. But Greene is another gone too early.
I had forgotten about Dr. R. as he slipped away quietly.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Utterly shocking. IIRC Oakland was said to have used roids during their successful years at the top of the NFL. So far as I know, only Lyle Alzado died of that type of poisoning but there likely were others. Very sad indeed.

Cletus

Post by Cletus »

What a pleasure it is to watch the Patriots (a.k.a. the Cheatriots) getting beaten and embarrassed by teams they used to beat up and embarrass. Loving every minute of it.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Cam has completely lost it (have never been a fan), it's actually kind of painful to watch.
How bout them Bills though???
Went and watched pre season practice in Allen's rookie season when A.J. McCarron (yes, Katherine's husband...she was there)
was the starter. The three of us unanimously agreed that Allen was the best QB on the field, looked like a pretty darn good athlete to us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSKI0YcL8Ik
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Cletus wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:49 am What a pleasure it is to watch the Patriots (a.k.a. the Cheatriots) getting beaten and embarrassed by teams they used to beat up and embarrass. Loving every minute of it.
Had you just referenced 'the Cheatriots' we would've known who you were talking about. No a.k.a. needed.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

RT @ToddFuhrman: Serious question; could the Eagles have played their hand this way in a stadium full of fans?

Imagine there might have been a riot
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”