What conferences will do in 2021...

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Laxfan500

What conferences will do in 2021...

Post by Laxfan500 »

Hoping we have a spring season....I think we will.
wondering if all of the other conferences will follow suit with Big10’s decision. I wonder what California teams will do. I’m really wondering if they will play in spring.

Indiv conferences like ACC and Big10 IMO will be ok if they play themselves 2X
Teams like SB and Florida are really gonna have a romp
In the teams they play in their conferences.
Patriot league ?Ivy? I know teams like Umass really worried that they won’t play. Thoughts and opinions as we wait for the snow to come ;)
livelovelax

Re: What conferences will do in 2021...

Post by livelovelax »

Parents of the players need to sign a petition and waivers and put tons of pressure on these "leaders" who take the easy way out by shutting down our healthy youth, an easy decision that goes against all data. The Ivies, NESCAC and Patiot will give in to the wacko liberal dementia.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

I think it would be a real treat for conferences to play an all conference schedule especially if the teams meet each other twice. I don’t think anybody will miss Northwestern versus Detroit Mercy.
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

Cletus wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:17 am I think it would be a real treat for conferences to play an all conference schedule especially if the teams meet each other twice. I don’t think anybody will miss Northwestern versus Detroit Mercy.
Thats a good point. Some of the games are def lop sided. However some conferences are pretty weak like the one Florida is in and they need to play out of conference teams for some competition and SOS. The SOS prob won't be as much of an issue this year but not playing tougher teams will def hurt come NCAA time (fingers crossed we have one).
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Kids are in a really tough spot because they literally have to make a decision to either play or not play this spring (redshirt or not redshirt) prior to the school/conference actually making a decision on the season. So you could burn a year of eligibility for a short season of 10 - 12 games or no games. And the NCAA hasn't given any guidance on whether they would grant a 2nd redshirt on top of last year's (would have to amend rules to allow 6 years to play 4). There needs to be some leadership.

There is also the wildcard about certain states not allowing sports and other states allowing them?

I thought the Princeton kids were crazy to make a such an early decision to sit out this year but looks like they were pretty smart to do so.
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

8meterPA wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:48 pm Kids are in a really tough spot because they literally have to make a decision to either play or not play this spring (redshirt or not redshirt) prior to the school/conference actually making a decision on the season. So you could burn a year of eligibility for a short season of 10 - 12 games or no games. And the NCAA hasn't given any guidance on whether they would grant a 2nd redshirt on top of last year's (would have to amend rules to allow 6 years to play 4). There needs to be some leadership.

There is also the wildcard about certain states not allowing sports and other states allowing them?

I thought the Princeton kids were crazy to make a such an early decision to sit out this year but looks like they were pretty smart to do so.
I don't think Ivys will play at all. And I think Pac-12 won't play. I don't think USC practiced at all in the fall.
Island Laxer

Post by Island Laxer »

Word is NESCACS will play a mostly conference only shedule with addition of several local games with minimal travel along with a tournament. Final decisions to play will be made by each individual school.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

I'm hearing other conferences are going conference only schedules and talk of mandatory masks for the games. So looks like 2021 will be 7 - 10 game regular season schedules.
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

8meterPA wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:07 am I'm hearing other conferences are going conference only schedules and talk of mandatory masks for the games. So looks like 2021 will be 7 - 10 game regular season schedules.
But if you have 7-8 teams in your conference and play them twice which could happen you are looking at 14-15 games maybe. I also think some conferences will play outside their conference.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Lax247 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:54 am
8meterPA wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:07 am I'm hearing other conferences are going conference only schedules and talk of mandatory masks for the games. So looks like 2021 will be 7 - 10 game regular season schedules.
But if you have 7-8 teams in your conference and play them twice which could happen you are looking at 14-15 games maybe. I also think some conferences will play outside their conference.
They will split up larger conferences into north/south, etc and have 2 divisions and you will play teams within your division. I hope I'm wrong, but am hearing 7 - 10 games and NCAA will keep it the same so that some conferences won't have 14/15 games and others have 7/8.

I wish it was 14/15 but am hearing 7- 10 regular season. Then you will have have a conference champsionship - maybe even that is shortened and then the NCAA's, which may be shortened. So maybe you get 14/15 games between regular season, conference playoffs, and NCAA's. For the teams that don't make playoffs and NCAA's it's a really short season - 7 - 10 games.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

8meterPA wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:12 pm They will split up larger conferences into north/south, etc and have 2 divisions and you will play teams within your division. I hope I'm wrong, but am hearing 7 - 10 games and NCAA will keep it the same so that some conferences won't have 14/15 games and others have 7/8.

I wish it was 14/15 but am hearing 7- 10 regular season. Then you will have have a conference champsionship - maybe even that is shortened and then the NCAA's, which may be shortened. So maybe you get 14/15 games between regular season, conference playoffs, and NCAA's. For the teams that don't make playoffs and NCAA's it's a really short season - 7 - 10 games.
I am so glad that you are hearing this. I am hearing nothing, crickets....As Schultz said I see nothin' I know nothin'.

This would be a very good Xmas present.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

I guess as a fan and parent, the question I want answered……"is anyone pushing back or fighting what appears to be that decisions have already been made by Conference Commissioners and school ADs?" Are the coaches fighting for their players? Are the parents fighting for their daughters? The data shows that these athletes can play a full schedule and are healthy doing so.

Apparantly the CAA is dividing an already small conference into a North and South. Why is it ok for JMU to play Elon, which is 4 hours away but it is not ok for JMU to play Towson which is 3 hours away? Like everything else this year, the hypocrisy is palpable.

Or, does it come down to money only? Or, is it liability only? Give the kids and parents the chance to make the decision to play. There is a incredible lack of leadership. Shutting down or limiting is not leadership but it is embarrassing.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I doubt that it's liability only but you can bet that plays a big role. While I'm sure these schools are concerned about the health and well being of their students, ultimately it's their own aszes they're most concerned about. In our sue happy society I would think they're pretty much forced to err on the side of caution, particularly when Governors are essentially shutting down states. You can fight city hall but good luck wif dat.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

livelovelax wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:24 am I guess as a fan and parent, the question I want answered……"is anyone pushing back or fighting what appears to be that decisions have already been made by Conference Commissioners and school ADs?" Are the coaches fighting for their players? Are the parents fighting for their daughters? The data shows that these athletes can play a full schedule and are healthy doing so.

Apparantly the CAA is dividing an already small conference into a North and South. Why is it ok for JMU to play Elon, which is 4 hours away but it is not ok for JMU to play Towson which is 3 hours away? Like everything else this year, the hypocrisy is palpable.

Or, does it come down to money only? Or, is it liability only? Give the kids and parents the chance to make the decision to play. There is a incredible lack of leadership. Shutting down or limiting is not leadership but it is embarrassing.
we are in the same boat - conference split into 2 divisions - we will play conference games against teams 4+ hours away yet can't schedule out of conference games against at least 10 teams that are only 1+ hours away. Seems like the NCAA/conference is limiting games or perhaps schools are looking to limit expenses by cutting down on # of games. A 1 hour bus ride is pretty inexpensive and COVID is unaware whether you travelled 4 hours or 1 hour or whether the team you are playing is conference or non-conference.

I don't know how liability is an issue - they figured it out for football, basketball, soccer, ice hockey and wrestling is scheduling matches.

Honestly, even though schedules are coming out, I still think the next 30 - 45 days will determine whether we have a season or not.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

8meterPA wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:27 pm
livelovelax wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:24 am I guess as a fan and parent, the question I want answered……"is anyone pushing back or fighting what appears to be that decisions have already been made by Conference Commissioners and school ADs?" Are the coaches fighting for their players? Are the parents fighting for their daughters? The data shows that these athletes can play a full schedule and are healthy doing so.

we are in the same boat - conference split into 2 divisions - we will play conference games against teams 4+ hours away yet can't schedule out of conference games against at least 10 teams that are only 1+ hours away. Seems like the NCAA/conference is limiting games or perhaps schools are looking to limit expenses by cutting down on # of games. A 1 hour bus ride is pretty inexpensive and COVID is unaware whether you travelled 4 hours or 1 hour or whether the team you are playing is conference or non-conference.

I don't know how liability is an issue - they figured it out for football, basketball, soccer, ice hockey and wrestling is scheduling matches.

Honestly, even though schedules are coming out, I still think the next 30 - 45 days will determine whether we have a season or not.
In 30-45 days I am hoping a lot more people have been vaccinated Will players have to get it like they do the flu shot? I was very anti-getting shot because I never got the flu shot but now I’m like...tired of waiting to get it and then get my family sick so I’m def getting it. I think we will have a season . I’m just hoping they play as many games as possible, and have the NCAA tourney. If conf championships determine who goes then it should be very interesting who gets in and who doesn’t . All good questions but let’s just hope they play: cases are super low and we can actually get to a Championship ;)
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Regardless of what's decided allow the parents to attend. For some of us it will be the last season we'll ever watch. We've invested countless amounts of time/effort/money to get to this point. I'm an adult. I know how to wear a mask and I know how to stay socially distant. It's an outdoor sport. My local high school soccer team managed the spectator situation just fine. So did field hockey. It's ok if we see our shadow. Time to move forward.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Nigel wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:04 pm Regardless of what's decided allow the parents to attend. For some of us it will be the last season we'll ever watch. We've invested countless amounts of time/effort/money to get to this point. I'm an adult. I know how to wear a mask and I know how to stay socially distant. It's an outdoor sport. My local high school soccer team managed the spectator situation just fine. So did field hockey. It's ok if we see our shadow. Time to move forward.
👆THIS👆☝️...

youngest had a tournament this fall where no parents were allowed on the site. I only got to watch by coaching. Sad....
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

Nigel wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:04 pm Regardless of what's decided allow the parents to attend. For some of us it will be the last season we'll ever watch. We've invested countless amounts of time/effort/money to get to this point. I'm an adult. I know how to wear a mask and I know how to stay socially distant. It's an outdoor sport. My local high school soccer team managed the spectator situation just fine. So did field hockey. It's ok if we see our shadow. Time to move forward.
Agree 100%
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:58 pm
👆THIS👆☝️...

youngest had a tournament this fall where no parents were allowed on the site. I only got to watch by coaching. Sad....
It's not sad DT, its fkn BS. My kid's campus is giving North Korea a run for rules, regs, and not alloweds. #Imnotgoingtofeellikedonatinganymoremoney
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Nigel - I couldn't agree with you more. I'm sure we would all triple mask - wear a hazmat suit - distance by 25 ft - and promise not to talk, cheer or even move if that was required in order to attend our kids games.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”