2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Matnum PI

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by Matnum PI »

Electoral Votes 156-106. 270 to win.
Last edited by Matnum PI on Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Biden has broken Trump’s firewall
Analysis from CNN's Harry Enten

One of the big questions on election night was whether President-elect Joe Biden would be able to win any states that President Trump won in 2016. To win, Biden needed to take at least three Trump states in most scenarios that got Biden 270 or more electoral votes.

Well, Biden’s officially gotten those Trump states he needs to cross 270 electoral votes. Arizona (11 electoral votes), Georgia (16 electoral votes) and Pennsylvania (20 electoral votes) have all gone for Biden as expected.

These three states were decided by about a point or less this go around. Trump contested all of them after Election Day.

The fact that these states are hanging with Biden illustrates the point my colleagues and I have been making all day. Today is important, but still mostly a formality.

There are no signs that Trump has any sort of magical ace up his pocket to keep Biden from winning the clear majority of electoral votes.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:15 pm Electoral Votes 156-106. 270 to win.
It’s wonderful, but bittersweet, that Hillary and Bill Clinton cast two of New York’s 29 electoral votes for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

Hillary’s Electoral College defeat four years ago probably cost the lives of a quarter million Americans.

It’s time to end the tyranny of the stupid and abolish the Electoral College and elect our presidents and vice presidents by popular vote.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:16 pm
It’s wonderful, but bittersweet, that Hillary and Bill Clinton cast two of New York’s 29 electoral votes for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

Hillary’s Electoral College defeat four years ago probably cost the lives of a quarter million Americans.

It’s time to end the tyranny of the stupid and abolish the Electoral College and elect our presidents and vice presidents by popular vote.

Man, it's sad to see that somebody could be full of such hatred. You only get to live once, spend as much time as you can finding things in life that make you happy and not stewing over something YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER. Your act is tired and overplayed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will not validate on responses to this that jump all over me, because I know they are coming. DocBarrister is a joke, whether he is right or wrong, the level of rhetoric he uses is WHOLLY UNNECESSARY. Stay well.

Joe
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

He’s been doing it since 2005 on Laxpower. Called a class full of incoming FR “transcendent” who turned out to be stiffs that we’re part of the build to firing Petro.

Just let it go. Advocates advocate. They represent the fringe and aren’t interested in compromise or nuanced discussion. That’s their purpose in the marketplace of agendas, ideas and philosophies. Doc is always an advocate. Maybe it’s his legal training, though I think he’s said he doesn’t actually do trial work much at all, just training associates in their clients dimes and pushing for the most riskless position for their client, sometimes attempting to interlope into business decisions, but there to define and push for the best position for his side.

Point being is getting mad at Doc is like getting mad at the guy who makes Jesse a slave in Breaking Bad.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:28 pm

Man, it's sad to see that somebody could be full of such hatred. You only get to live once, spend as much time as you can finding things in life that make you happy and not stewing over something YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER. Your act is tired and overplayed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will not validate on responses to this that jump all over me, because I know they are coming. DocBarrister is a joke, whether he is right or wrong, the level of rhetoric he uses is WHOLLY UNNECESSARY. Stay well.

Joe
How come you aren’t as worked up about the guy comparing abortion to the Holocaust (or any genocide)?
CU77

Post by CU77 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:28 pm Hillary’s Electoral College defeat four years ago probably cost the lives of a quarter million Americans.

Man, it's sad to see that somebody could be full of such hatred.
What is hateful about analyzing the actual situation?

Germany's covid death rate is about 1/4 of the US. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that an HRC admin could have come much closer to that that the Trump admin did.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:37 pm He’s been doing it since 2005 on Laxpower. Called a class full of incoming FR “transcendent” who turned out to be stiffs that we’re part of the build to firing Petro.

Just let it go. Advocates advocate. They represent the fringe and aren’t interested in compromise or nuanced discussion. That’s their purpose in the marketplace of agendas, ideas and philosophies. Doc is always an advocate. Maybe it’s his legal training, though I think he’s said he doesn’t actually do trial work much at all, just training associates in their clients dimes and pushing for the most riskless position for their client, sometimes attempting to interlope into business decisions, but there to define and push for the best position for his side.

Point being is getting mad at Doc is like getting mad at the guy who makes Jesse a slave in Breaking Bad.

Fair enough, but there are SOME that won't realize this. CU77's post exemplifies this, condoning that type of post. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just don't understand it, never will.

Joe
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:37 pm He’s been doing it since 2005 on Laxpower. Called a class full of incoming FR “transcendent” who turned out to be stiffs that we’re part of the build to firing Petro.

I’ve been part of the team handling some of the largest litigation matters in the country.

That aside, anyone who thinks Trump’s response to the coronavirus pandemic has been anything but dishonest, incompetent, and catastrophic are not acknowledging reality.

Criticism of Trump’s mishandling of the pandemic is not a matter of advocacy or opinion ... it’s a matter of fact and the horrors of his failures.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:28 pm

Joe
The deaths of over 300,000 Americans and the lies and incompetence that contributed to them are worth some criticism, don’t you think?

The callousness and indifference shown by some on this forum towards those lost lives are truly repugnant.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU77 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:54 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:28 pm Hillary’s Electoral College defeat four years ago probably cost the lives of a quarter million Americans.

Germany's covid death rate is about 1/4 of the US. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that an HRC admin could have come much closer to that that the Trump admin did.
She could’ve fubarred it too, in fairness. The key difference is she would’ve been proactive, gravely serious and focused on this rather than deny and politicize it and treat the citizens lives as just another example of using “other people’s money”, no different than his real estate and other income source practices, to advance himself and his agenda over those who he is supposed to represent.

But she could’ve made any number of decisions that would’ve led to similar numbers as well. We can’t say anyone else would’ve definitively saved lives. I personally believe that to be the case and would suspect a large majority of the us population does as well, including a portion who nonetheless voted for trump. But in this new and totally unknown situation who knows what we’ll intentioned decision or action might bring a similar outcome.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:08 pm

I’ve been part of the team handling some of the largest litigation matters in the country.

That aside, anyone who thinks Trump’s response to the coronavirus pandemic has been anything but dishonest, incompetent, and catastrophic are not acknowledging reality.

Criticism of Trump’s mishandling of the pandemic is not a matter of advocacy or opinion ... it’s a matter of fact and the horrors of his failures.

DocBarrister
I’m courtrooms or over the table negotiating? Not that the latter isn’t difficult, maybe I’m wrong but thought you had said at some point you hadn’t been in a courtroom in a long time. No matter. Either way point was your use of language is that of an advocate not one necessarily looking to engage in a discussion.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Doc, you have to note that Joe never ever responds with an actual argument, just ad hominem attacks.

Your estimate of 250,000 excess deaths due to Trump admin failures is entirely defensible by a fact-based analysis.

Joe doesn't care about that. He just emotes.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:13 pm But she could’ve made any number of decisions that would’ve led to similar numbers as well.
Unlikely, given comparison countries like Germany.

The problem in the US would have been that not having Trump in charge would not have eliminated the trumpistas, who likely would still have been bleating out virus from their maskless pie-holes.

But I think a death rate twice Germany's (rather that four times, as under Trump) would have been entirely achievable.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:13 pm
CU77 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:54 pm

She could’ve fubarred it too, in fairness. The key difference is she would’ve been proactive, gravely serious and focused on this rather than deny and politicize it and treat the citizens lives as just another example of using “other people’s money”, no different than his real estate and other income source practices, to advance himself and his agenda over those who he is supposed to represent.

But she could’ve made any number of decisions that would’ve led to similar numbers as well. We can’t say anyone else would’ve definitively saved lives. I personally believe that to be the case and would suspect a large majority of the us population does as well, including a portion who nonetheless voted for trump. But in this new and totally unknown situation who knows what we’ll intentioned decision or action might bring a similar outcome.
Hillary Clinton was and is an expert on health care. She would not have lied about the pandemic for nearly two months to protect the stock market and her own re-election bid. She would not have sidelined Dr. Fauci and other top medical and scientific experts. She would not have urged Americans to ignore recommendations about wearing masks, social distancing, and avoiding large gatherings. Hillary would not have failed to establish a coordinated national response.

Bottom line ... Hillary would not have committed the greatest failure of presidential leadership in American history, as Donald Trump did.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

CU77 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:19 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:13 pm But she could’ve made any number of decisions that would’ve led to similar numbers as well.
Unlikely, given comparison countries like Germany.

The problem in the US would have been that not having Trump in charge would not have eliminated the trumpistas, who likely would still have been bleating out virus from their maskless pie-holes.

But I think a death rate twice Germany's (rather that four times, as under Trump) would have been entirely achievable.
which countries like germany?
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

CU77 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:16 pm Doc, you have to note that Joe never ever responds with an actual argument, just ad hominem attacks.

Your estimate of 250,000 excess deaths due to Trump admin failures is entirely defensible by a fact-based analysis.

Thanks, CU77 ... it’s not even my number. A study from Columbia University estimated that between 130,000-210,000 deaths could have been avoided:

Through comparative analysis and applying proportional mortality rates, we estimate that at least 130,000 deaths and perhaps as many as 210,000 could have been avoided with earlier policy interventions and more robust federal coordination and leadership.

https://ncdp.columbia.edu/custom-conten ... S-NCDP.pdf

I rounded up to 250,000 since many more Americans have died since Columbia released that study.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

CU77 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:16 pm Doc, you have to note that Joe never ever responds with an actual argument, just ad hominem attacks.

Whether or not that is the case, just what in the hell would it change? She never became president, why are wasting time talking about it as if it's going to magically take us back in time and correct history. MOVE on, bitterness is a horrible trait... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:16 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:08 pm

DocBarrister
I’m courtrooms or over the table negotiating? Not that the latter isn’t difficult, maybe I’m wrong but thought you had said at some point you hadn’t been in a courtroom in a long time. No matter. Either way point was your use of language is that of an advocate not one necessarily looking to engage in a discussion.
Very few lawyers have been in a courtroom the last six months or so. Mostly remote these days (except some criminal trials).

To answer your question, I have been in trial and have argued at plenty of court hearings (including some fairly high profile matters). But any civil litigator will tell you that 95% of litigation work (probably more) takes place outside of court.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:28 pm

Whether or not that is the case, just what in the hell would it change? She never became president, why are wasting time talking about it as if it's going to magically take us back in time and correct history. MOVE on, bitterness is a horrible trait... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe
Some people think it’s important to learn lessons from history ...

... like, don’t elect a lying, malignant, incompetent, racist, bigoted, misogynistic, narcissistic, psychopathic piece of trash like Trump to the White House.

Elections have consequences. We can never again elect someone so unfit as Trump to the presidency.

That is no joke.

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister

Return to “POLITICS”