Navy 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
old salt

Re: Navy 2021

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:32 pm B) Route running and QB passing does not seem like something they practice much...and should be especially in the 'less' contact era.
In a preseason interview, KN mentioned that with no scrimmages, #8"s passing ability, & the number of good receivers, that they worked more than usual on the passing game & may use it more this year.

Given Army's ability to defend the TO under Monken, it might be worth going with a more pass oriented offense for #8's last 2 games & a bowl, if selected. The tradeoff would be to get Xavier the game reps this season. Perry played very little as a plebe. He came out of the stands in the opener, when Tago Smith went down.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:49 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:32 pm B) Route running and QB passing does not seem like something they practice much...and should be especially in the 'less' contact era.
In a preseason interview, KN mentioned that with no scrimmages, #8"s passing ability, & the number of good receivers, that they worked more than usual on the passing game & may use it more this year.

Given Army's ability to defend the TO under Monken, it might be worth going with a more pass oriented offense for #8's last 2 games & a bowl, if selected. The tradeoff would be to get Xavier the game reps this season. Perry played very little as a plebe. He came out of the stands in the opener, when Tago Smith went down.
Yes, if u recall the 2nd Navy touchdown last year was a benefactor of two setup passing plays, they opened and stretched the field for Perry big yardage runs. The TD was also a tricky passing play....can’t recall who threw it.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:32 pm
Dip&Dunk wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:09 pm A) You play a 5'9" backup quarterback who is better in another sport you get this.
B) The TO quarterbacks are RPO quarterbacks now. Maybe time to move on.
C) Better question: will XA beat Army in either sport?
A) Disagree, conjecture. You can be good in multiple sports. It is typically the coaches that screw that part up.
B) Route running and QB passing does not seem like something they practice much...and should be especially in the 'less' contact era.
C) No need to put that weight on him. Staff needs to figure out how best to utilize the talent they have.

Also, the team looks a bit thinner this year.....maybe all the darned ROM since summer has not fed the boys well enough.
1. Of course it is conjecture. This whole blog is conjecture. However, at some point correct conjecture probabilistically becomes more likely to reflect reality. My data points of non 5'9" backup quarterbacks who are not better at other sports being successful in DI football is certainly greater than yours.
2. Already addressed by other poster. Still stand by my thought (conjecture) TO being a thing of the past so our pool to draw from is drying up and RPO being the future.
3. I was not necessarily putting the whole weight on him but for the sake of discussion I will. If you cannot handle that weight, you are at the wrong school.

My bottom line is USNA rarely gets the best athletes in ANY sport. They get good athletes and may be the best school athletically across the board of any school. But getting one of the best athletes in a sport is a different manner that I hope Navy handles this one correctly. Right now I conject they are not helping football or lacrosse.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Fr. QB Xavier Arline will start against Army.

He will be the fifth freshman to start for the Mids against Army.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

AreaLax wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:46 pm Fr. QB Xavier Arline will start against Army.

Is Arline going to play lacrosse in the spring?
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

A drive thru Naptown?
old salt

Post by old salt »

ohmilax34 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:56 pm
AreaLax wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:46 pm Fr. QB Xavier Arline will start against Army.

...that may depend on whether or not Navy plays lax in the spring, ...or has spring FB.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
NoLeft

Post by NoLeft »

ohmilax34 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:56 pm

I hope there is lacrosse in the Spring of '21 and that Arline plays. He needs to get some athletic confidence back as he is very gunshy as the Navy QB....(and with reason because of the porous offensive line)...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Anyone heard from Tecumseh lately, hope all is well.
~Livy

Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

He moved to Portland.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:35 pm He moved to Portland.
Portland doesn't have internet? :lol:
~Livy

Tecumseh

Post by Tecumseh »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:27 am Anyone heard from Tecumseh lately, hope all is well.

All good ...

Huge day tomorrow ..

https://www.newsairshow.com/headlines/2 ... me-flyover

GO NAVY , BEAT the Trade School on the Hudson !

“T”
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Go Navy. Message to the Sec of the Army

https://twitter.com/navyfb/status/13375 ... 55520?s=21
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Tecumseh wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:29 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:27 am Anyone heard from Tecumseh lately, hope all is well.

All good ...

Huge day tomorrow ..

“T”
Glad to hear all is well.

I hear Army is only dressing 18 players today.....the rest got dressed on their own. :lol:
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:55 am

All good ...

Huge day tomorrow ..

“T”

I hear Army is only dressing 18 players today.....the rest got dressed on their own. :lol:
😀
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:55 am

All good ...

Huge day tomorrow ..

“T”

Well, that was ugly. Seems having #7 start again today, may very well have been a statement to lacrosse, and to #7 about his lacrosse.
~Livy

old salt

Post by old salt »

Not for the statue. Not painting it any more.
How long before it's removed or hidden away somewhere, out of sight ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:14 pm Well, that was ugly. Seems having #7 start again today, may very well have been a statement to lacrosse, and to #7 about his lacrosse.
That was the ugliest A-N game in my memory.
The offense is Xavier drops back, then runs for his life.
A lot of work to do in spring ball & next preseason.
We're looking up at both Army & Air Force.
Xavier may be the QB of the future, but we need depth at that position,
like Army & Air Force have had the past few seasons.

https://twitter.com/Mfells_11/status/13 ... 12438.html

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”