Big Ten 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Cooter

Re: Big Ten 2021

Post by Cooter »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:12 pm Fair enough, Cooter, regarding PSU. Not sure I agree but not unreasonable I suppose. I probably have a much higher opinion of Tambroni than you do as well I would guess.
While recruit rankings are questionable, still it doesn't really appear that PSU's recruiting puts them in the top group.
Live Free or Die!
Tdemling6

Post by Tdemling6 »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:11 pm
bananas wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:00 pm
Tdemling6 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:18 am
livelovelax wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:40 pm Addition of the Kirst boys and faceoff help will give the Scarlet Knights much needed help where they need it most. Their D will be better than thought and the offense can be the difference in most games. I pick them to make the Big Ten final and an NCAA bid.
Totally agree they can do it. And I love the addition of the Kirst boys. And Yeah, their D should be better with Kirst in cage and they return Garrett Bullett at close. But we have seen this D have great pieces and fail as a unit before. That's what I mean when I say their D is suspect. Hopefully, that isn't the case this season like it has been in the past.
NJ is known for deep D talent. The top layer has been stripped off by the acc powers which frustrates but Russo and Masessa are improving and solid. H Taub was a nj dopy , hoping he can step up and contribute in his 3rd yr. Bullet is good and transfer Ward will help out at lsm with Rall who can now focus solely on position with the addition of fogo Dugenio who went 25-31 agaisnt RU fogos last year . just winning more faceoffs will help d by limiting possessions besides giving more opportunities to a very potent offense .. Goaltending play will now be key to season success. There were a couple of very good goalies in transfer portal and was hoping for one of them but not the case. . See goalie Kirst as improved depth than upgrade to Russo who was solid enough. Do expect Russo to hold job and have a better season given better fogo play and more experienced defensive group. RU has enough talent to be a very good team.
Kirst (Conner) will upgrade then offense game at midfield...he will help the others...attack will be strong

The new FOGO will be a difference maker for RU (Dugenio)

The defense will be solid as you note...

One spot people forget about that can create a massive advantage is the SSDM spot...watch for Kamish to build on his effectiveness from last year (5G/1A) in 6 games...he was an offensive sharpshooter that plays better in unsettled late offense...he could be a transition catalyst along with Daniger and Franckowiak...these guys are all now veterans and I just have a feeling that if RU gets high level play from these transition guys...especially Kamish...they could give people fits...

I think Russo stays in net...he's solid

I'm bullish on RU with the off season additions...

Hope they play
I do agree on Russo possibly staying in net. I liked what I saw from him last season. But with Kirst there now, they have two strong options. That's one of the "position battles" I am most interested to see how it turns out. Could see a Virginia 2019 situation or something like it.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Cooter wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:19 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:12 pm Fair enough, Cooter, regarding PSU. Not sure I agree but not unreasonable I suppose. I probably have a much higher opinion of Tambroni than you do as well I would guess.
While recruit rankings are questionable, still it doesn't really appear that PSU's recruiting puts them in the top group.
That’s where you have to believe in the coach. Or not. I’d argue he’s got a track record of doing more with less compared with most top coaches. A juiced up version of Dano IMO.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:42 pm
Cooter wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:19 pm
That’s where you have to believe in the coach. Or not. I’d argue he’s got a track record of doing more with less compared with most top coaches. A juiced up version of Dano IMO.
Your not talking about Dano at Duke? Certainly, Dano has had his fair share of top recruits at Duke.
Live Free or Die!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Or Dano at Hofstra when folks weren’t sure he would ever get over the top. Compared with Wojik, Corrigan or many others who’s arguably some less with more. If not for the one miraculous year we’d be talking about Breschi the same way.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Sources: Big Ten Women’s Teams To Play Conference-Only Schedule in 2021

Interesting is that that B1G is allowing basketball to play out of conference games
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

AreaLax wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:19 pm

Interesting is that that B1G is allowing basketball to play out of conference games
$$$ $$ $$$$ $$$ $$$$.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

does it really matter that the b1g gets 3 teams into the dance when the hop gets blown out every year?
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:55 pm

does it really matter that the b1g gets 3 teams into the dance when the hop gets blown out every year?
that was petro. this is milliman and after watching state school b1g teams cancel games all fall its fair to wonder what these schedules will look like.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

true, except when they've had the good fortune of facing virginia in the first round
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu06 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:24 pm

that was petro. this is milliman
this means nothing yet. milliman has yet to win a game at hopkins.
Tdemling6

Post by Tdemling6 »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:27 pm

true, except when they've had the good fortune of facing virginia in the first round
UVA ain't what they used to be though. They got outta the basement before Hop did. We'll see how fast Milliman gets 'em back on track. I've always respected Petro but I'm a Milliman fan. We'll see.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

jhu06 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:24 pm

that was petro. this is milliman and after watching state school b1g teams cancel games all fall its fair to wonder what these schedules will look like.
Likely home-home, round robin with the B1G tournament to follow at the end. B1G testing protocols are probably driving all of this. Gotta think the men will follow suit.

3 week sit outs for positive tests and 2 week sit outs for direct contact to exposed individuals...depth will be tested like we've never seen.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

I imagine that attendance would be limited to family.

Let's see. Memorial day is listed as May31 in 2021. Assuming the usual NCAA tmt., that gives 2 weekends in May, 4 in April and 4 in March. Home and home is 10 games. So putting 1 game per weekend along with the Big Ten tmt would get us to the last weekend in February to start the season.
Live Free or Die!
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Cooter wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:53 pm I imagine that attendance would be limited to family.

Let's see. Memorial day is listed as May31 in 2021. Assuming the usual NCAA tmt., that gives 2 weekends in May, 4 in April and 4 in March. Home and home is 10 games. So putting 1 game per weekend along with the Big Ten tmt would get us to the last weekend in February to start the season.
the b1g plan makes sense. For michigan ohio/state hop/maryland do you just make one western trip where Hop plays michigan on a thursday, ohio on a saturday and vice/versa?
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

jhu06 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:11 pm
Cooter wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:53 pm I imagine that attendance would be limited to family.

the b1g plan makes sense. For michigan ohio/state hop/maryland do you just make one western trip where Hop plays michigan on a thursday, ohio on a saturday and vice/versa?
In recent podcast Cathy Reese said it would be one trip to say OSU and you would play two games that weekend.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

AreaLax wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:19 pm
jhu06 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:11 pm

In recent podcast Cathy Reese said it would be one trip to say OSU and you would play two games that weekend.
One might note that the women tend to play 2 games in a week a lot more than the men in the normal setting.

One bad aspect of playing 2 games in a week is that if a player has to sit out for covid, he could miss a lot of games.
Live Free or Die!
tropxe33

Post by tropxe33 »

Don’t get COVID
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

what is the case against the Hopkins Band sitting at the far end of the stadium for this?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu06 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:22 pm

what is the case against the Hopkins Band sitting at the far end of the stadium for this?
not too many of them are family members? might make them more off key.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”