Healthcare

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Healthcare

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

By "healthcare for all", you mean free healthcare for all?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:09 am
foreverlax wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:30 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:25 am
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:09 pm Gravel Institute
@GravelInstitute
2 hours ago

Number of citizens who lost health care coverage since the pandemic began:

14,600,000 United States
0 Australia
0 Belgium
0 Canada
0 Denmark
0 Finland
0 France
0 Germany
0 Italy
0 Japan
0 Norway
0 South Korea
0 Spain
0 UK
What's your point? You support Biden, who wants NOTHING to do with healthcare for all.
Nope.....he wants healthcare for all, he just doesn't want to eliminate private insurance.
Joe Biden supports government run insurance for all? Who knew. (all I see is "affordable" , which it aint )

https://joebiden.com/healthcare/

better start rationing that insulin again, eh Joe :roll:
Still a nope....time-waster
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Republican solution to health care needs under McConnell:

https://cdn.creators.com/214/291871/291871_image.jpg

Let them die!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
CU77

Post by CU77 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:50 pm Life Panels.
Tell it to my sister-in-law.

Oh wait, you can't, she's dead. Her private insurance refused to pay for a course of treatment that had an excellent chance of saving her. Just too bad for her husband, daughter, and two special-needs sons.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:47 am By "healthcare for all", you mean free healthcare for all?
just like free roads? Or , how public school teachers get paid ?

When is the last time a A10 or F35 did anything to help the city of Baltimore?

oh, right......YOU are the guy that could care less about where, even a dime of it, all that $5 trillion went for covid bailout.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:16 am Job losses will fully double the number of uninsured Americans. No insurance means no affordable private practice physician. This means a painfully expensive trip to the emergency room if sickness or injury forces medical attention.

With more and more private hospitals marking their services up 1000% or more, loss of insurance followed by critical medical needs (not uncommon in pandemic times) means bankruptcy or daunting medical bills exhausting your savings. This may be why ‘healthcare’ was the top priority for voters in all the polls leading up to the election.

There is a way forward, friends!

Article 1881-A of the Affordable Care Act. It enables M4A for everyone who face a localized medical crisis. That’s all of us. Nationwide. The President can enact this without congressional votes as an Executive Order. Right now, or January 21st.

Thank you for this post. Remarkable how intelligent these two are, yet unwatched by many on this website. They would rather watch drug commercials on the infotainment networks. Chris Cuoma? Hannity ? What the heck is wrong with anyone watching that crap. talk about a waste of time
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:12 pm At some point, Republicans are going to admit how stupid our current "health care" system is, right?

Wait til they get their bills for their Insurance premiums post-Covid.
Just stop.........unless we all missed it.

We missed the same from what you call Democrats. Speaker of the House Pelosi constantly calls our healthcare system "stupid". That is why NO Democrat owns any pubically traded goodies that involve healthcare.

Dude, if your pretend liberals REALLY wanted to dump Mitch McConnell.......who many times did MSNBC/CNN/ etc. have his Kentucky Senate opponent on ? WashPost or NY Times run glowing article about Amy McGrath?

exactly
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:30 pm Image

during the campaign, Trump pledged to have every American covered by medical insurance - we await his fulfillment of that promise
So, you are blaming a tv reality show guy for Hospitals over charging for services ? And going after patients harder than any loan shark?

California Blue Cross has well over 50 people that make well over $2 million a year. Cousin is one of them. Boston area 'teaching" hospitals?

Some of these Doc's making $4 million a year? some NOn- profit

https://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_p ... 09_990.pdf

but, yeah, don't blame the ones that are actually the loan sharks, blame a politician.

Boston Childrens, another of the 100's of Harvard owned "non"profits, has 5.5 BILLION is assests, according to it's 2017 tax return . Oh, and FREE money for Boston Childrens from our tax dollars ? $220 million.

CEO Sandra Fenwick, soon to retire, makes a cool $2.4 million in salary. Brookie, you savvy with that? For a "non" profit "teaching" hopspital?
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:47 am By "healthcare for all", you mean free healthcare for all?
Johns Hopkins Hospital gets FREE money from the US Tax payer. Over a billion a year.

anyone ever have to declare bankruptcy after having a procedure done in Baltimore, brookies?

these are what you call FACTS (pg 9. $1.22 BILLION in Govt. Grant money )

http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_pd ... 06_990.pdf\
\
Is Maryland's blue cross a non-profit?
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

https://californiahealthline.org/news/b ... 20insurers.

Blue Shield is California’s third-largest health insurer with 4 million members and $14.8 billion in annual revenue. The company’s 10-member board is led by Chairman Robert Lee, a retired Pacific Bell executive, and also includes Leon Panetta, who served as defense secretary and as director of the Central Intelligence Agency during the Obama administration.

What the heck is a former CIA director doing on a health insurance board?

keep on denying TAATS,......they love it when you play simpleton politics.

sure CONservatives are the only problem.....just them pretends.

Medicare for all.......NOW. today.

invoke HM4 or whatever it's called. But, Biden's got contributors to answer too..........

leon Panetta? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:20 am

oh, right......YOU are the guy that could care less about where, even a dime of it, all that $5 trillion went for covid bailout.
RRR, I was just clarifying what you meant versus Biden's plan. You mean free to all, regardless of ability to pay. Rich get free care too.

I wasn't arguing with that position, just clarifying. You are correct in that sense, Biden is merely seeking to have all people get covered, affordably, with that definition depending upon means.

My own view is that many other countries provide basic care free to all, and there might well be a model for the US that achieves this basic care, focused primarily on prevention, with the more expensive aspects covered free for those without means and through paid plans for others. I think there could be a solid economic argument made that such would ultimately reduce care costs (prevention focus) and have knock on economic benefits by enabling easier workforce movement.

You personal attacks, as usual, fall flat.
And your defense of Trump remains perplexing.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:48 am

RRR, I was just clarifying what you meant versus Biden's plan. You mean free to all, regardless of ability to pay. Rich get free care too.

I wasn't arguing with that position, just clarifying. You are correct in that sense, Biden is merely seeking to have all people get covered, affordably, with that definition depending upon means.

My own view is that many other countries provide basic care free to all, and there might well be a model for the US that achieves this basic care, focused primarily on prevention, with the more expensive aspects covered free for those without means and through paid plans for others. I think there could be a solid economic argument made that such would ultimately reduce care costs (prevention focus) and have knock on economic benefits by enabling easier workforce movement.

You defense of Trump is also perplexing. ....SEE....look, I can play this game.

What personal attack? be specific. What part of my post is an "attack" ?

I searched and searched your posts, can't find ONE that mentions the concern of where all that CARES act money went. Not one. Please, correct me if I am wrong. Or, rather, how about now, in the moment. What is Biden going to do about auditing the CARES act welfare handouts? Did Dartmouth get millions , "just because" ?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:54 am

I searched and searched your posts, can't find ONE that mentions the concern of where all that CARES act money went. Not one. Please, correct me if I am wrong. Or, rather, how about now, in the moment. What is Biden going to do about auditing the CARES act welfare handouts? Did Dartmouth get millions , "just because" ?
please stop, rrr. We keep bouncing from thread to thread, "bigot" "arrogant liar" you just called me, and above, baselessly and falsely, say I don't care about where bailout money went.

And despite my acknowledging your argument about healthcare and responding in a civil way.

Take a bike ride, get some fresh air, clear the head.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:09 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:54 am

please stop, rrr. We keep bouncing from thread to thread, "bigot" "arrogant liar" you just called me, and above, baselessly and falsely, say I don't care about where bailout money went.

And despite my acknowledging your argument about healthcare and responding in a civil way.

Take a bike ride, get some fresh air, clear the head.
Like you, I never leave the house.

Did I claim you didn't care about the CARES act ? Nope. All I stated is that you have never written anything on this website regarding that issue.

I ain't going away, deal with it.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Inaccurate. Again. I have.
There were inadequate oversight provisions and, not surprisingly, there was lots of favoritism, which Mnuchin tried to cover up.

What I don't understand is why you personally attack, making assumptions, often inaccurate, about others.

I also don't understand why you so frequently defended Trump and attacked the candidate running to replace him...so, I ask.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:21 am Inaccurate. Again. I have.
There were inadequate oversight provisions and, not surprisingly, there was lots of favoritism, which Mnuchin tried to cover up.

What I don't understand is why you personally attack, making assumptions, often inaccurate, about others.

I also don't understand why you so frequently defended Trump and attacked the candidate running to replace him...so, I ask.
Which candidate did I attack that ran against him? Tulsi Gabbard? Andrew Yang? Bernie ?

10, 616 people voted for Tulsi Gabbard in the Massachusettes Democratic primary. I was one of them.

As far as I can tell, the only "defending of trump" done by me is the disgusting 24/7 hate is hate that you love......most of it lies.

If you ask "what makes him a...." as defending someone, well, than you are just not a nice person and have an agenda.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:21 am Inaccurate. Again. I have.

OK, great. Can you provide any links to your comments?

Have you even read the TAAATS thread? exactly

yeah, I support Trump. Just like I support Johns Hopkins lacrosse :lol:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:03 am
Brooklyn wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:30 pm https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-8 ... f4687030-c

during the campaign, Trump pledged to have every American covered by medical insurance - we await his fulfillment of that promise
So, you are blaming a tv reality show guy for Hospitals over charging for services ? And going after patients harder than any loan shark?

California Blue Cross has well over 50 people that make well over $2 million a year. Cousin is one of them. Boston area 'teaching" hospitals?

Some of these Doc's making $4 million a year? some NOn- profit

but, yeah, don't blame the ones that are actually the loan sharks, blame a politician.

Boston Childrens, another of the 100's of Harvard owned "non"profits, has 5.5 BILLION is assests, according to it's 2017 tax return . Oh, and FREE money for Boston Childrens from our tax dollars ? $220 million.

CEO Sandra Fenwick, soon to retire, makes a cool $2.4 million in salary. Brookie, you savvy with that? For a "non" profit "teaching" hopspital?

Over the years you've seen me make the point about big time corporations in the Fortune 500 group having subsidized health care when those companies deduct health insurance costs on their 1120A forms. That's welfare for the rich that you right wingers never object to. Meanwhile tens of thousands of people in the USA go bankrupt or die due to lack of health care much to the delight of Tea Baggers and others. That is what you should concern yourself with.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

brookie, I am concerned about the bankruptcies.

Isn't the HIGH salaries part of the overall costs?

These are not for profits buddy...........but they are not part of the problem, just GOP people like me.

I will kill myself soon, problems solved. :roll:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

The problem?

Lack of meaningful reform. If it works in Canada, Europe, Israel (a system you help underwrite every year), and Japan, it can work here just as readily. It's that simple.

Return to “POLITICS”