All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

youthathletics

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:30 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:48 pm CDC predicts 450K COVID-19 deaths by February

The nation's one-day toll of coronavirus deaths surpassed 3,000 for the first time Wednesday, a number perhaps inflated by fatalities reported days late because of the Thanksgiving holiday but still reflective of a pandemic racing out of control.

The death toll of 3,157 came as hospitalizations surpassed 100,000 for the first time. The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention predicted the U.S. could reach 450,000 deaths by February.

"The reality is, December and January and February are going to be rough times, and I actually believe they’re going to be the most difficult time in the public health history of our nation, largely because of the stress it’s going to put on our public health system," Dr. Robert Redfield said Wednesday at a U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation event.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coron ... li=BBnb7Kz

Don't blame me - I sure as hell never voted for Dump.
joe says we'll blow past that between now and january. we'll see who's right.
:lol: Brooklyn trying to dream up a meme to bury your reply. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:48 pm CDC predicts 450K COVID-19 deaths by February

The nation's one-day toll of coronavirus deaths surpassed 3,000 for the first time Wednesday, a number perhaps inflated by fatalities reported days late because of the Thanksgiving holiday but still reflective of a pandemic racing out of control.

The death toll of 3,157 came as hospitalizations surpassed 100,000 for the first time. The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention predicted the U.S. could reach 450,000 deaths by February.

"The reality is, December and January and February are going to be rough times, and I actually believe they’re going to be the most difficult time in the public health history of our nation, largely because of the stress it’s going to put on our public health system," Dr. Robert Redfield said Wednesday at a U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation event.

:lol: :lol:
I think Joe was confusing how many people die a day of ALL CAUSES (around 8000 per day) between now and 12/31/20!! And even then that's 224,000 more deaths, not 250K.
a fan

Post by a fan »

a fan wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:51 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:13 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:57 pm Human beings are social animals, their desire to socialize will not go away even in a Pandemic. By closing restaurants/bars at 10PM what exactly do you think is happening? I can sure as turd promise you that the vast majority don't say, "well, damn its 10PM and Andy Cuomo says its time for me to call it a night" They say, let's take it back to my/your/his/hers house/apartment/backyard/condo/etc and have some more drinks/food/etc. This will continue to happen until the restrictions begin to be gradually eased.
You are hilariously assuming that EVERYONE thinks like you. You DO understand that Cuomo's health officials have numbers that assume how many people will ignore his orders, right? You DO know there's an entire field called "Public Health", right?

You seem to have all the answers. That's great. I have two questions:

1. what's an acceptable number of deaths from Covid? You want fewer controls and restrictions. That's great. But how many deaths are ok with you? What's the number? 300K dead? 400K? 500K?

2. If you were Cuomo, and you were responsible for the lives of not just the 19.7 million people in your State, but also the First Responders and Hospital workers who have deal with the consequences of your decisions? What would you have done? Gimme a rough outline.

This should be interesting. If you can't answer the two questions? You have NO place to complain.

The floor is yours.....
(crickets chirping)
(crickets still chirping)

Seriously, Joe? All the complaining you've been doing about how we've been handling Covid, and you REALLY can't answer the two questions?

Come on, man. Those aren't difficult questions. ;)
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:33 pm

:lol: Brooklyn trying to dream up a meme to bury your reply. :lol:

Yep. Your hero traitor tRUMP said it would soon blow away:

https://www.rollingstone.com/wp-content ... 200&w=1800

Now the entire country is marred in it. Vote rePUKEblican, vote death.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I heard we have 100 thousand people in the hospital with Covid.....does anyone know what percentage make it out alive these days? Back in the Spring, the numbers weren’t good.

EDIT: Found something.....

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/23/hos ... ack-gains/
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:14 pm I heard we have 100 thousand people in the hospital with Covid.....does anyone know what percentage make it out alive these days? Back in the Spring, the numbers weren’t good.

EDIT: Found something.....

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/23/hos ... ack-gains/
in questioning numbers, 100k in @ 4.6 days per patient... the cdc had us at 243 hospitalized per 100k population thru the entirety of the pandemic about a week or 2 ago. that's 3x the number of deaths. not everybody has died in a hospital, but something's way off. maybe we've had way more than 243 per 100k hospitalized? my own state reporting has us at about 3.5x hospitalizations vs deaths.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Well, we sure as heck hope we don't blow past it, on that we surely all agree!

My own sense of Biden's words was that he left out "by the end of" January. If that's his prediction, he's likely to be closer. Feels to me like he misspoke or misunderstood timing by a month.

I really don't care about his accuracy on all this, though, as long as he continues to be sounding the warning that our behavioral choices matters and that he cares, and we should all care, about others beyond ourselves. That's refreshing and could make a difference on the margins...and the margins can mean thousands of lives.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:28 pm

My own sense of Biden's words was that he left out "by the end of" January. If that's his prediction, he's likely to be closer. Feels to me like he misspoke or misunderstood timing by a month.

I really don't care about his accuracy on all this, though, as long as he continues to be sounding the warning that our behavioral choices matters and that he cares, and we should all care, about others beyond ourselves. That's refreshing and could make a difference on the margins...and the margins can mean thousands of lives.
My bet is that Joe will be closer than this guy:

“I wish you would!”
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Typical Lax Dad

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:37 pm Image
Yes. Social distancing is more important but people don’t want to do that so we gave them a bandaid, I mean mask.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

about several + months ago joe repeated what was accurate at the time --- 200k predicted more deaths by the end of the year. citing ihme. he then continued to use that number throughout the campaign, and that timeline, even as ihme's number came down by 90k and our death toll, of course, increased.

did it at least 4 or 5 times between the trail and 2 debates. it was even on a fact check post-mortem. this isn't a mistake of omission.

in any event, certainly your right to not care what falsehoods come out of politician's mouths. he's not the first, he won't be the last.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

NBC News has confirmed that there have been more than 205,000 COVID-19 cases reported today in the U.S. — that is a new single-day record. @NBCNews
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

USA covid deaths now at 276,000+

congratulations to the rePUKEblican deaths panels for their success in killing Americans - the Pukie voters sure got their wish
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Kinduv

Post by Kinduv »

this stuff is stupid, if c0vid is rea1 and s0 many pe0p1e are dying, h0w c0me i d0n't knw any dead pe0p1e?! hhahahahahahaha! 1ibera1s dumb! trump 2020,
Any great warrior is also a scholar, and a poet, and an artist.
-STEVEN SEAGAL
Typical Lax Dad

Kinduv wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:56 pm this stuff is stupid, if c0vid is rea1 and s0 many pe0p1e are dying, h0w c0me i d0n't knw any dead pe0p1e?! hhahahahahahaha! 1ibera1s dumb! trump 2020,
Shouldn’t you be on that new site called Yaper?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:09 pm

about several + months ago joe repeated what was accurate at the time --- 200k predicted more deaths by the end of the year. citing ihme. he then continued to use that number throughout the campaign, and that timeline, even as ihme's number came down by 90k and our death toll, of course, increased.

did it at least 4 or 5 times between the trail and 2 debates. it was even on a fact check post-mortem. this isn't a mistake of omission.

in any event, certainly your right to not care what falsehoods come out of politician's mouths. he's not the first, he won't be the last.
I do care about "falsehoods" but I'm not bothered by him being inaccurate or misspeaking, given that these are future predictions that are at least directionally sane, and I don't believe are intentionally misleading...it WOULD bother me if I thought he was being intentionally misleading.

But yeah, I'm pretty inured at this point as the scale of purposeful lying by the guy he's replacing make the bar pretty difficult not to clear to be light years more honest.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

mdlax, he is being intentionally misleading. has been for a while. has cited ihme more than once and when new numbers come up or when cnn has done bits on it... those are days he brings it up. with inflated info each time. yesterday... cnn, then inflated, incorrect "scary" numbers. personally, i think it's damaging to low-information people and those they affect just like trump has been...BUT nothing i can do about it.

get used to it. wait... you should be.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:59 pm mdlax, he is being intentionally misleading. has been for a while. has cited ihme more than once and when new numbers come up or when cnn has done bits on it... those are days he brings it up. with inflated info each time. yesterday... cnn, then inflated, incorrect "scary" numbers. personally, i think it's damaging to low-information people and those they affect just like trump has been...BUT nothing i can do about it.

get used to it. wait... you should be.
Better to overestimate than under estimate!
“I wish you would!”
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

We already have scary numbers... since April. With a disease we know how to control, but with a good chunk of the global population that doesn't care or doesn't trust or doesn't like what they're being told.

Return to “POLITICS”