All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

seacoaster

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by seacoaster »

Here we go:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55145696

"The UK has become the first country in the world to approve the Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine, paving the way for mass vaccination.

Britain's medicines regulator, the MHRA, says the jab, which offers up to 95% protection against Covid-19 illness, is safe to be rolled out.

The first 800,000 doses will be available in the UK from next week, Health Secretary Matt Hancock said.

People should wait to be contacted by the NHS, he added.

Elderly people in care homes and care home staff have been placed top of the priority list, followed by over-80s and health and care staff.

But because hospitals already have the facilities to store the vaccine at -70C, as required, the very first vaccinations are likely to take place there - for care home staff, NHS staff and patients - so none of the vaccine is wasted.

The Pfizer/BioNTech jab is the fastest vaccine to go from concept to reality, taking only 10 months to follow the same steps that normally span 10 years.

The UK has already ordered 40 million doses of the free jab - enough to vaccinate 20 million people.

The doses will be rolled out as quickly as they can be made by Pfizer in Belgium, Mr Hancock said, with the first load next week and then "several millions" throughout December.

But the bulk of the rollout will be next year, he added. "2020 has been just awful and 2021 is going to be better," said Mr Hancock.

"I'm confident now, with the news today, that from spring, from Easter onwards, things are going to be better. And we're going to have a summer next year that everybody can enjoy."

Prime Minister Boris Johnson added: "It's the protection of vaccines that will ultimately allow us to reclaim our lives and get the economy moving again."
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

CDC To Shorten Recommended Quarantine For COVID-19 Exposure
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/cdc- ... 9-exposure
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is set to shorten the recommended length of quarantine after exposure to someone who is positive for COVID-19, as the virus rages across the nation.

According to a senior administration official, the new guidelines, which are set to be released as soon as Tuesday evening, will allow people who have come in contact to someone infected with the virus to resume normal activity after 10 days, or 7 days if they receive a negative test result. That’s down from the 14-day period recommended since the onset of the pandemic.

The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to preview the announcement, said the policy change has been discussed for some time, as scientists have studied the incubation period for the virus. The policy would hasten the return to normal activities by those deemed to be “close contacts” of those infected with the virus, which has infected more than 13.5 million Americans and killed at least 270,000.

While the CDC had said the incubation period for the virus was thought to extend to 14 days, most individuals became infectious and developed symptoms between 4 and 5 days after exposure.

It’s not the first time that the CDC has adjusted its guidance for the novel coronavirus as it adjusted to new research. In July the agency shortened, from 14 days to 10, its advice on how long a person should stay in isolation after they first experience COVID symptoms — provided they’re no longer sick.

The new guidance was presented Tuesday at a White House coronavirus task force meeting for final approval.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Bart wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:16 am
wgdsr wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:01 pm
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:49 pm Yeah, we need to realize that death is not the only adverse result.

Weeks in the hospital that extract a quarter of a million dollars from your savings is an adverse result.

A damaged heart or damaged lungs are both material problems that fcuk up the rest of your life. Some people might rather die.

Strokes and melted cognitive function? Again, I might rather just die.

where did that guy get all those stats?
Good question. Lots of mathiness in that list.
from a crackerjack box, no less.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Tucker Carlson on having kids in school
https://youtu.be/-4vkJp0Nw28

+1
Live Free or Die!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Cooter....take cover, prepare for incoming. 😂😂
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:55 pm Cooter....take cover, prepare for incoming. 😂😂
there has been no larger failing than our failure to our children. none. and it continues.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:14 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:55 pm Cooter....take cover, prepare for incoming. 😂😂
there has been no larger failing than our failure to our children. none. and it continues.
It’s Fauci’s fault!!
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:52 pm
It’s Fauci’s fault!!
i don't care who you blame. my opinion has not changed.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:30 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:52 pm
It’s Fauci’s fault!!
i don't care who you blame. my opinion has not changed.
We have let them down all over the globe. I blame the virus.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

How about the elderly? I thought the children were immune.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

RT @DavidBegnaud: 2,733 Americans reported dead TODAY

Second highest number of daily reported deaths in the pandemic.

Doesn’t get much worse than this.
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:02 pm RT @DavidBegnaud: 2,733 Americans reported dead TODAY

According to YA, those are old deaths being washed through....pandemic ended back in August. Following the natural virus pattern.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:01 pm
How about the elderly? I thought the children were immune.
how about the elderly? if you have a good plan, we sure could use it.
as far as children, the plan was always there. waiting. still is.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:02 pm RT @DavidBegnaud: 2,733 Americans reported dead TODAY

Worldometer has it at 2831, worst all year.

203K cases, worst to date.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

2,977 dead in 9/11

Where's the Senate?
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:24 pm

Worldometer has it at 2831, worst all year.

203K cases, worst to date.
And this is unexpected? It always gets BAD before it gets better. You can shout from the damn rooftops and it isn't going to do a damn thing. Do you what you have to do to stay healthy and life will go on. If anyone thinks this is unexpected, they are temporarily or willingly not using their critical thinking skills. "It's always DARKEST BEFORE the DAWN" I'm not interested in any debates, but this had to be said because it truly sounds like this is SURPRISING TO YOU, I'm not debating if it is ANYTHING ELSE, but it SHOULD NOT be surprising. We are in the Bottom Of The 7th with this virus, and it always gets stressful and anxiety-ridden in the late innings!!

JoeMauer89!
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/07 ... -outbreaks

The adults have made it harder on the kids but hey, a man has the right to drink at the bar...
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”