JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:33 pm obama and drone strikes. https://twitter.com/Ibrahimpols/status/ ... 6054479872
Thanks for posting that. It’s amazing listening to someone sane compared to what we have heard over the past 4 years. There are no easy answers.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:00 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:33 pm obama and drone strikes. https://twitter.com/Ibrahimpols/status/ ... 6054479872
Thanks for posting that. It’s amazing listening to someone sane compared to what we have heard over the past 4 years. There are no easy answers.
I have no problem with BHOs drones strikes. The fact he seems to underplay the collateral damage issue surprises me. If the bad guys are hiding out under the protection of people friendly to them... the rules of engagement make you fair game. The sad fact is that includes children, women and old folks. If you folks are going to pizz your pants about kids in cages on our southern border but just yawn about kids being blown up as collateral damage... well then something is out of whack here. :roll: BHO approved every single drone strike that took out the bad guys. BHO was also ultimately responsible for every single death from his actions due to collateral damage. Every child, every woman, every old person were all killed on BHOs watch. It is funny how we never saw the pictures of those collateral damage victims on our evening news. What was up with that ABC, CBS and NBC and all the other cable outlets? You all had no problems showing us the victims at Mai Lai? That does not play very well anymore on the 6:30 news does it?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:31 pm
I have no problem with BHOs drones strikes. The fact he seems to underplay the collateral damage issue surprises me. If the bad guys are hiding out under the protection of people friendly to them... the rules of engagement make you fair game. The sad fact is that includes children, women and old folks. If you folks are going to pizz your pants about kids in cages on our southern border but just yawn about kids being blown up as collateral damage... well then something is out of whack here. :roll: BHO approved every single drone strike that took out the bad guys. BHO was also ultimately responsible for every single death from his actions due to collateral damage. Every child, every woman, every old person were all killed on BHOs watch. It is funny how we never saw the pictures of those collateral damage victims on our evening news. What was up with that ABC, CBS and NBC and all the other cable outlets? You all had no problems showing us the victims at Mai Lai? That does not play very well anymore on the 6:30 news does it?
🥱
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

NATO discovers China. Concludes it could become an adversary. Plans further study.

https://www.reuters.com/article/nato-di ... 8A1T0?il=0

Sleep well America.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:19 pm NATO discovers China. Concludes it could become an adversary. Plans further study.

Sleep well America.
As someone who disparages other forum members as “Money Changers”, you have no business posting anything on this forum.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:22 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:19 pm NATO discovers China. Concludes it could become an adversary. Plans further study.

Sleep well America.
As someone who disparages other forum members as “Money Changers”, you have no business posting anything on this forum.

DocBarrister
Yawn.

https://www.gotquestions.org/money-chan ... Bible.html
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:05 pm
🥱
Your soooooo cute when your bored. :D
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:43 am
🥱
You were blabbering....
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:40 am
🥱
You were blabbering....
I forget, you were just a gleam in your dad's eye when these historic events were happening. Do you remember the Mai Lai massacre? Do you remember what a big deal it was? Do you remember all those pictures that all of us Americans saw back in the day. I'm sorry, you were not even born yet when that was a big deal. :roll: Your bored because you speak out of the blissful ignorance of someone who never lived through the events when they were happening. Got it...😁
Why would I expect you to ever be able to think outside of that little box you live in. You didn't grow up and experience what was happening then. To a young un like you it is just babble.

Have you ever seen the photos of all of those victims of collateral damage from those drone strikes that BHO approved? I'm just asking for a friend.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Sorry, you're still blabbering, cradle.

But hey, I'll take your point seriously for a heart beat. Are you really saying that the collateral damage caused by drone strikes that go awry is the same thing as a murderous revenge rampage killing everyone in a village, knowing full well that they were not a direct threat?

I do think you could analogize a napalm bombing with a drone strike. But not My Lai.

But even that analogy fails, given that the napalm runs did not have the same rigorous efforts to do a cost/benefit analysis of each specific strike and target, with efforts to avoid collateral damage.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:57 am
🥱
You were blabbering....
I forget, you were just a gleam in your dad's eye when these historic events were happening. Do you remember the Mai Lai massacre? Do you remember what a big deal it was? Do you remember all those pictures that all of us Americans saw back in the day. I'm sorry, you were not even born yet when that was a big deal. :roll: Your bored because you speak out of the blissful ignorance of someone who never lived through the events when they were happening. Got it...😁
Why would I expect you to ever be able to think outside of that little box you live in. You didn't grow up and experience what was happening then. To a young un like you it is just babble.

Have you ever seen the photos of all of those victims of collateral damage from those drone strikes that BHO approved? I'm just asking for a friend.
Barry was talking about ‘nam? You were/are babbling.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:04 am Sorry, you're still blabbering, cradle.

But hey, I'll take your point seriously for a heart beat. Are you really saying that the collateral damage caused by drone strikes that go awry is the same thing as a murderous revenge rampage killing everyone in a village, knowing full well that they were not a direct threat?

I do think you could analogize a napalm bombing with a drone strike. But not My Lai.
Like everybody else MD...you don't get it. You and I have seen the photos of what happened at Mai Lai. How many photos have you seen of the dead women, children and old folks that died in drone strikes? Why is that? What do we have to hide as a nation? Have you heard any interviews with our folks that launched those missiles? Do you know that Mai Lai was exposed by our own soldiers that witnessed what was happening. Do you know one of the soldiers flying on our Huey's threatened to shoot our own soldiers that were commiting this atrocity? If it was not for the integrity of the American soldier nobody would have ever heard of Mai Lai. Why hasn't the MM shown all of America the pictures of our collateral damage done via our drone strike?
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ok, I'll bite.
Yes, we've seen pictures of the dead from drone strikes gone bad.

We've seen bodies lined up in rows. We've seen the effects of the blast.

Similar to photos from other bombings in past wars. The primary difference with those you are talking about was the intent specifically to kill those non combatants in particular.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:11 am
🥱
You were blabbering....

You understand that these drone strikes occured in a nation that was not involved in the conflict at hand. You remember that in Nam our military was strictly forbidden from any action in neighboring countries. Laos, Cambodia were all off limits. There is some guy named John Kerry that served in those areas and had to cross those borders in hot persiut. What is our justification for launching drone strikes in Pakistan? It was a war crime when done during the Vietnam era. When did the rules of engagement change?
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:23 am ok, I'll bite.
ABC, CBS and NBC? Were they broadcast over all of the MM? I don't think so...
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:27 am
I'm not sure where we saw these pictures, but certainly mainstream media has covered.

But you keep ignoring the differences in intent, thus the public's different reaction to them.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

We've seen bodies lined up in rows. We've seen the effects of the blast.

Similar to photos from other bombings in past wars. The primary difference with those you are talking about was the intent specifically to kill those non combatants in particular.
Collateral damage is collateral damage. You did not see them broadcast all over our MM.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:28 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:27 am
I'm not sure where we saw these pictures, but certainly mainstream media has covered.

But you keep ignoring the differences in intent, thus the public's different reaction to them.
I will have to PM my reply to you later. It relates to a class we had way back when I was in basic training. The Mai Lai massacre was classic case of the majority of soldiers who were just obeying orders. That is why all soldiers today have a right and an obligation to refuse an unlawful order. Any order given to a soldier today has to be clarified as a lawful order if the soldier questions it. The aftermath of Mai Lai changed things forever, at least when it concerns following orders.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:24 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:11 am
🥱
You were blabbering....

You understand that these drone strikes occured in a nation that was not involved in the conflict at hand. You remember that in Nam our military was strictly forbidden from any action in neighboring countries. Laos, Cambodia were all off limits. There is some guy named John Kerry that served in those areas and had to cross those borders in hot persiut. What is our justification for launching drone strikes in Pakistan? It was a war crime when done during the Vietnam era. When did the rules of engagement change?
You have more of an interest than I do. You tell me.

https://www.cfr.org/blog/obamas-final-drone-strike-data

“Where you been at” the past 4 years?

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/05/22/ob ... ngs-count/

Nope....I don’t care what Joe does because you don’t either

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-47480207

There have been 2,243 drone strikes in the first two years of the Trump presidency, compared with 1,878 in Mr Obama's eight years in office, according to the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, a UK-based think tank.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”