2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: 2020 Elections - Donald Trump FIRED

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:58 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:49 pm That was sarcasm on my part, sorry I don't really use emojis like some folks here. To suggest Russia is no longer a threat completely mis-undrstands the modern economy. It comes often from a person who talks about engineering marvels from 40-60yrs ago in cars and trucks and insists that our problem is allowing China to mass produce low skill goods with cheaper labor (and some mid skill work in certain industries where they aren't hamstrung by legacy training of employees so even with less training and education have a clear mind to mold to do these functions at work - the reason some folks like to only hire people without significant experience in doing things a certain way and would rather have someone moldable over "experience"). Of course Russia is a threat. When you are top of the mountain everyone is a threat and to think otherwise is crazy. You think our friends in Europe or Latin America are content to be told how and what to do by the US? They just aren't willing to hurt mass population and do real dirt to get a leg up like our non friend countries.
Right. Money changer. I need lessons from you on technology & engineering. How many aircraft type ratings do you hold ? How many flight testing programs did you participate in ? I enjoy vintage cars, so what ? I drive new ones. You lived in EUrope. Compare how they protected their manufacturing base compared to US.
Why don't you just call me a Jew since you know you want to.

I think I've been pretty consistent that I don't follow Europe's lead in much of anything, perhaps some cultural elements, but certainly not on business or economics. Not to even mentioned how two faced you are with your occasional respect for Europe then diminishing those countries in the next sentence as it fits you.

But for crying about what I don't know about you, the same is true the other way, you only know what I've shared and posted. Just like I see through your posts. Enjoy the out years, don't get so angry that the world has passed you by, accept it and leverage what you can instead of this angry, deceitful and absurdly transparent hypocrisy on a plethora of issues. The facade of analysis is betrayed by your words.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:17 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:15 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:24 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:47 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:43 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:42 am
old salt wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:08 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:11 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:57 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:44 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:36 pm
For MD -- to be effective, soft power must be a velvet glove covering an iron fist (to paraphrase James Baker, Trump voter). ;)
And Trump did neither the velvet nor the iron with either Putin or China.

What he did instead was----give you and your fellow TrumpFans a bunch of BS, and keep right on trading with both countries. No velvet. No iron.

So Chinese imports to the US are exploding. And Putin is STILL messing with us via the internet.

And I told you what we should do with both four years ago. You made fun.

We are further behind with both Putin and China as a result.
Be intellectually honest. You deride Trump for BS'ing his supporters, then respond with the same level of superficiality.

Nobody can undo 3 decades of selling out our industrial capacity to China. You know we can't immediately embargo trade with China. Covid showed that. All we can do is protect a core of defense essential manufacturing & extraction capabilities, & claw back whatever manufacturing we can, on the margins. So what if Putin is messing with us on the internet ? What should we do about that ? We've already got him boxed in militarily & sanctioned to the max. Give him more public scoldings which he uses to bolster his domestic approval ratings ? Do you want to see our ships & planes colliding ? Our Tech oligarchs can censor him on the internet.
Messing with our Internet? A very anachronistic view of the world. Makes sense why you believe Russia is a non threat.
What's your plan for countering the Russian cyber threat ? More US tanks in Poland ?
Why would I have a plan? The great and credible miltary expert on all things has told me Russia isn't a threat.
Russia doesn’t matter anymore.
You're masters of the universe & men of the world. Tell us more about the Russian threat & what our EUro allies are doing to counter it. They're right next door.
I don't collect checks drawn on the US Government. I am going to leave it to the guys that I pay to tell us. :lol: :lol:
The US Govt check doesn't cover my tax bill.
Who said anything about you Commodore?
You were replying to my quote J Pierpont.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:19 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:49 pm That was sarcasm on my part, sorry I don't really use emojis like some folks here. To suggest Russia is no longer a threat completely mis-undrstands the modern economy. It comes often from a person who talks about engineering marvels from 40-60yrs ago in cars and trucks and insists that our problem is allowing China to mass produce low skill goods with cheaper labor (and some mid skill work in certain industries where they aren't hamstrung by legacy training of employees so even with less training and education have a clear mind to mold to do these functions at work - the reason some folks like to only hire people without significant experience in doing things a certain way and would rather have someone moldable over "experience"). Of course Russia is a threat. When you are top of the mountain everyone is a threat and to think otherwise is crazy. You think our friends in Europe or Latin America are content to be told how and what to do by the US? They just aren't willing to hurt mass population and do real dirt to get a leg up like our non friend countries.
Right. Money changer. I need lessons from you on technology & engineering. How many aircraft type ratings do you hold ? How many flight testing programs did you participate in ? I enjoy vintage cars, so what ? I drive new ones. You lived in EUrope. Compare how they protected their manufacturing base compared to US.

I think I've been pretty consistent that I don't follow Europe's lead in much of anything, perhaps some cultural elements, but certainly not on business or economics. Not to even mentioned how two faced you are with your occasional respect for Europe then diminishing those countries in the next sentence as it fits you.

But for crying about what I don't know about you, the same is true the other way, you only know what I've shared and posted. Just like I see through your posts. Enjoy the out years, don't get so angry that the world has passed you by, accept it and leverage what you can instead of this angry, deceitful and absurdly transparent hypocrisy on a plethora of issues. The facade of analysis is betrayed by your words.
Are you Jewish ? Your hostility, lack of sense of humor or tolerance of other's opinions had me fooled on that count. You present everything through your banking, real estate & financial lens, yet find no value, just disdain, in things that came before you or that you nave not personally experienced.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:20 pm
For MD -- to be effective, soft power must be a velvet glove covering an iron fist (to paraphrase James Baker, Trump voter). ;)

What he did instead was----give you and your fellow TrumpFans a bunch of BS, and keep right on trading with both countries. No velvet. No iron.

So Chinese imports to the US are exploding. And Putin is STILL messing with us via the internet.

Be intellectually honest. You deride Trump for BS'ing his supporters, then respond with the same level of superficiality.

Nobody can undo 3 decades of selling out our industrial capacity to China. You know we can't immediately embargo trade with China. Covid showed that. All we can do is protect a core of defense essential manufacturing & extraction capabilities, & claw back whatever manufacturing we can, on the margins. So what if Putin is messing with us on the internet ? What should we do about that ? We've already got him boxed in militarily & sanctioned to the max. Give him more public scoldings which he uses to bolster his domestic approval ratings ? Do you want to see our ships & planes colliding ? Our Tech oligarchs can censor him on the internet.
Messing with our Internet? A very anachronistic view of the world. Makes sense why you believe Russia is a non threat.
What's your plan for countering the Russian cyber threat ? More US tanks in Poland ?
Why would I have a plan? The great and credible miltary expert on all things has told me Russia isn't a threat.
You're masters of the universe & men of the world. Tell us more about the Russian threat & what our EUro allies are doing to counter it. They're right next door.
I don't collect checks drawn on the US Government. I am going to leave it to the guys that I pay to tell us. :lol: :lol:
Yes. I know. I leave it up to to the people paid to assess the threat.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:33 pm

How do they assess the threat from China, compared to the threat Russia poses the US, in all areas ?
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:30 pm

Are you Jewish ? Your hostility, lack of sense of humor or tolerance of other's opinions had me fooled on that count. You present everything through your banking, real estate & financial lens, yet find no value, just disdain, in things that came before you or that you nave not personally experienced.
Seriously, old salt ... you should take your offensive posts and go elsewhere.

You have completely lost it.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:51 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:33 pm

How do they assess the threat from China, compared to the threat Russia poses the US, in all areas ?
I don’t care how they do it.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Interesting perspective.

Hostility, lack of tolerance? Nasty Natasha and whatever other name you call young women and that's your view of me? I don't tolerate bs, which you serve up all the time. It's dishonest and therefor an assault on people who actually care to have a real discussion. The last part about personal experience couldn't be further from the truth, I mainly employ that type of consideration when it's pretty clear folks are talking about a topic/subject they have no real understanding of to call them out for prosyletizing on something with third party information only. The truth, like Heidegger described it with a parable about an Indian chief meeting his woman, is all the perspectives to some degree, though not equal.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
ggait

Post by ggait »

"1950's Conservatives would HATE the current Republican party. And justifiably so."

"Would they be the same 1950s Conservatives that had no problem keeping black people in the back of the bus? To be fair a 1950s Liberal Democrat would not recognize the party today as well. Hell my family were all liberal Democrats. I was raised as a liberal democrat. There is absolutely nothing in the democrat party, circa 2020 that resembles the democrat party of my parents generation."

This is almost completely wrong.

1950s Republicans in fact are center left Dems by today's standards. Generally pro-worker. Fact check below. And also pro-civil rights -- the Civil Rights Act was the product of northern Dems plus Republicans.

Today's Dem party is also mostly center left. And even the Dem far left isn't very different from what it was in the past. Bernie and AOC are not saying anything that FDR didn't say.

The change really has been almost completely on the GOP side.

Today's GOP isn't economically conservative -- pretty much all those types have been banished as RINOs. Today's GOP is basically what used to be rural (mostly southern) Dems. It is the party of George Wallace, not the party of Lincoln.

Both my parents were FDR Dems. They were Dems because the GOP was the party for rich folks. My dad became a Reagan Dem over racial/cultural issues, not economics. My church lady mom stayed a Dem, but sometimes voted GOP over abortion.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... was-prett/
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Kraken Sid's latest filed lawsuit alleges significant election fraud by the Dems occurring in Edison County, MI. Claims are backed up by witness affidavits.

Definitely some seriously fishy stuff going on. Since Edison County does not exist in Michigan. Or in any other state fwtw.

By the way, wouldn't you expect that the evil voting machines that were flipping the votes back and forth would be more likely to be found in Tesla County instead???

:lol:
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Interesting testimony from this poll watcher: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIPSsh1HU3 ... o2pfs07ou3
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:46 pm Interesting testimony from this poll watcher: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIPSsh1HU3 ... o2pfs07ou3
Very
“I wish you would!”
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

I'm only getting a private account with an avatar from a guy who tried to blow up the government because he wanted the Catholic church to rule over England.

I'm assuming I'm not missing anything of value.

Maybe I just wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:12 pm

Interesting perspective.

Hostility, lack of tolerance? Nasty Natasha and whatever other name you call young women and that's your view of me? I don't tolerate bs, which you serve up all the time. It's dishonest and therefor an assault on people who actually care to have a real discussion. The last part about personal experience couldn't be further from the truth, I mainly employ that type of consideration when it's pretty clear folks are talking about a topic/subject they have no real understanding of to call them out for prosyletizing on something with third party information only. The truth, like Heidegger described it with a parable about an Indian chief meeting his woman, is all the perspectives to some degree, though not equal.
Yes, you're so respectful of women, trolling for tight divorcees to hit on. :lol:
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:21 pm And are you a divorced mom with a tight body, no fupa and morally ambiguous?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:21 pm
"Actually, The mainstream Republican Party of the 1950s (not McCarthy) was actually quite liberal by today's definition"

The same mainstream republicans that were so liberal they would not allow Elvis Presley to be viewed on live TV below the waist? The same mainstream liberal republicans who were stunned and shocked when rock and roll music became popular in the 50s. The same liberal republicans who would not allow The Rolling Stones to say the words to their song "let's spend the night together" on the Ed Sullivan Show in the 60s no less. There were some really cranky folks back there in the 50s and 60s that did not want to let young people express what they were feeling. Who were these rascals I wonder. They musta been them southern democrats in all of their holy rolling virtue. BTW interesting read your article from the NYT. It was pure horsechit, but interesting none theless. When the author goes out of his way to not compare trump with adolph and then spends the rest of the article trying to compare trump to adolph... :roll: This article was more appropriate for the potheads at rolling stone than it was for the NYT. Then again, is there really that much difference anymore between the rolling stone magazine and the new york times? :lol:
Sorry that you missed the entire point of the piece. You can return to reading MAD Magazine at your leisure. :oops:

As for those mainstream liberal Republicans you lambasted....without them the 1964-65 Civil Rights/Voting Rights Acts would have never passed.

I am sure you likely thought similarly of Nelson Rockefeller as Governor as you currently do King Andy.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:46 pm Interesting testimony from this poll watcher: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIPSsh1HU3 ... o2pfs07ou3
Sinister avatar; private account. Nothing.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:40 am
"Actually, The mainstream Republican Party of the 1950s (not McCarthy) was actually quite liberal by today's definition"

The same mainstream republicans that were so liberal they would not allow Elvis Presley to be viewed on live TV below the waist? The same mainstream liberal republicans who were stunned and shocked when rock and roll music became popular in the 50s. The same liberal republicans who would not allow The Rolling Stones to say the words to their song "let's spend the night together" on the Ed Sullivan Show in the 60s no less. There were some really cranky folks back there in the 50s and 60s that did not want to let young people express what they were feeling. Who were these rascals I wonder. They musta been them southern democrats in all of their holy rolling virtue. BTW interesting read your article from the NYT. It was pure horsechit, but interesting none theless. When the author goes out of his way to not compare trump with adolph and then spends the rest of the article trying to compare trump to adolph... :roll: This article was more appropriate for the potheads at rolling stone than it was for the NYT. Then again, is there really that much difference anymore between the rolling stone magazine and the new york times? :lol:
Sorry that you missed the entire point of the piece. You can return to reading MAD Magazine at your leisure. :oops:

As for those mainstream liberal Republicans you lambasted....without them the 1964-65 Civil Rights/Voting Rights Acts would have never passed.

I am sure you likely thought similarly of Nelson Rockefeller as Governor as you currently do King Andy.
Hey, don't start making fun of MAD magazine. Your article would have been very appropriate for their publication. I'm sure Alfred E Neuman might have made some sense out of it. Interesting you bring up Lord Nelson, the blue blood republican SOB that he was. The only thing he is remembered for here in Upstate NY is his compassionate handling of the Attica prison riot. His actions gave new meaning to the term send in the clowns. The Civil Rights Act had nothing to do with mainstream republicans of that era not being ultra conservative. It had to do with doing the right thing. It is sad they had to drag all of those southern democrats kicking and screaming back into the 20th century.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:16 pm "1950's Conservatives would HATE the current Republican party. And justifiably so."

"Would they be the same 1950s Conservatives that had no problem keeping black people in the back of the bus? To be fair a 1950s Liberal Democrat would not recognize the party today as well. Hell my family were all liberal Democrats. I was raised as a liberal democrat. There is absolutely nothing in the democrat party, circa 2020 that resembles the democrat party of my parents generation."

This is almost completely wrong.

1950s Republicans in fact are center left Dems by today's standards. Generally pro-worker. Fact check below. And also pro-civil rights -- the Civil Rights Act was the product of northern Dems plus Republicans.

Today's Dem party is also mostly center left. And even the Dem far left isn't very different from what it was in the past. Bernie and AOC are not saying anything that FDR didn't say.

The change really has been almost completely on the GOP side.

Today's GOP isn't economically conservative -- pretty much all those types have been banished as RINOs. Today's GOP is basically what used to be rural (mostly southern) Dems. It is the party of George Wallace, not the party of Lincoln.

Both my parents were FDR Dems. They were Dems because the GOP was the party for rich folks. My dad became a Reagan Dem over racial/cultural issues, not economics. My church lady mom stayed a Dem, but sometimes voted GOP over abortion.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... was-prett/
Disagree with your assessment of those 1950 era republicans. If they were as "liberal" as you say none of them would have had a problem with the Rolling Stones singing the words... Let's spend the night together on the Ed Sullivan Show. My family were also FDR democrats. My grandmother was more fond of Harry Truman. He was the last POTUS that left the office and never cashed in by being the president. "The buck stops here" are words that more politicians should live by.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:25 am
Kismet wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:40 am

Hey, don't start making fun of MAD magazine. Your article would have been very appropriate for their publication. I'm sure Alfred E Neuman might have made some sense out of it. Interesting you bring up Lord Nelson, the blue blood republican SOB that he was. The only thing he is remembered for here in Upstate NY is his compassionate handling of the Attica prison riot. His actions gave new meaning to the term send in the clowns. The Civil Rights Act had nothing to do with mainstream republicans of that era not being ultra conservative. It had to do with doing the right thing. It is sad they had to drag all of those southern democrats kicking and screaming back into the 20th century.
My point was that LBJ even with comfortable majorities in both Senate and House needed Republicans to pass his agenda because conservative Southern Democrats were not supportive of it. The Republicans who supported him on this were not, in any way conservative as we might define it recently (pre-DOPUS) - In the Senate Case, Chase Smith, Dirksen, Javits, Keating and Scott to name a few. Also interesting to note that they were also in the minority and not of the President's party.

As for your other point about cultural conservatism at the time- I'd agree that it was much more widespread and also cut across party lines - North and South as well.

Return to “POLITICS”