Utah

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Surfs_Up

Utah

Post by Surfs_Up »

https://kutv.com/news/local/u-of-u-furl ... d-included

Does this impact lacrosse? Has anyone heard?
AreaLax

Re: Utah

Post by AreaLax »

Marcus Holman tweet from yesterday’s practice
https://twitter.com/marcusholman1/statu ... 29543?s=21
cuseman4133

Post by cuseman4133 »

From AD Mark Harlan yesterday:

"All staff and coaches will furlough a minimum of 1 week to a maximum of 8 weeks.Head coaches, myself and cabinet will furlough for 2 weeks. We are fully operational as we stagger the schedule through Jan 1. Sharing this sacrifice as a team allows us to emerge stronger than ever."

So this affects everybody, but the furloughs are going to be spread out so that the athletic programs are still functioning.

So let's use lacrosse for example. Holman will furlough for 2 weeks. Heard the assistants, assuming just the full-time ones, are furloughed for a month (Director of Operations for a month). More than likely the athletic department and coaches laid out a plan to furlough for their respective amount of time before the calendar year ends, and it's much easier with fall ball more than likely not happening.

My guess: Holman takes his furlough somewhere in October where assistants would be running ship. Then assistants take theirs in November and December. DoO takes his now, helps Holman with other things in November/December.
118:24 #HHH
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

RT @tyxanders: High 4⭐️ Aidan O'Neil '22, A, Tabor Academy (Mass.) / @LXCMinutemen has committed to @UtahLacrosse. Able to make big-time plays at the island, O'Neil's a great shooter who is proficient with either hand: https://t.co/PjhKiVrok4 https://t.co/HP2NJkMurs
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Tdemling6

Post by Tdemling6 »

With a core group of younger guys leading the way, Utah looks to continue building in year three.
https://lacrossebucket.com/2020/11/11/y ... rd-season/
fastgame

Post by fastgame »

Costin is playing at Penn State and Josh Stout decided to hang up his Lax cleats. Both we’re very solid players for the Utes. Perkins will be missed on and off the field.

Will be interesting to see if they split time in cage again this year as they pretty much have done their first 2 seasons. Apparently no tears were shed when the kid in cage last year left the program and transferred out to Albany.
Meatpuppet

Post by Meatpuppet »

The goalies didn’t split time the first year. Your son just got beat out. Lots of other players that could have come back decided to leave. Playing bs games like the coaches did to the goalie is the main reason why the coaches lost the team. Stop posting because your son lost his starting spot to a better player.
Father Time

Post by Father Time »

fastgame- Do you feel better about yourself now? Did you really need to insult the a player that graduated and left the program? Was that necessary?
You are a small man.

The goalie who Graduated with 2 years of eligibility was voted as a Captain by his teammates two years in a row. I guess they must have hated him? He played 742 minutes in 2019 and the backup 126. There was no splitting time.

You have no credibility.
fastgame

Post by fastgame »

Absolutely no dislike from me, or his teammates. Players and coaches can and have butted heads, nothing new in any sport. I apologize that I didn't clarify better, it wasn't meant as a slight.
Father Time

Post by Father Time »

You have been posting subtle digs about this kid for two years. You got called out on it today and all of a sudden you are apologetic. Nonsense!!!!
You knew exactly what you were writing, which as usual, is total fiction.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Meatpuppet

Post by Meatpuppet »

So fast lane,is the club goalie that lost his job your son?
fastgame

Post by fastgame »

No, both my sons weren't goalies, and didn't play D1 or at Utah. I do know 2 of the coaches, and a friend of mine son played for the Utes.
Father Time

Post by Father Time »

This is more fiction.

But, what isn't fiction is that all 3 starting attack, all 3 starting offensive middies, 2 starting poles and the starting goalie could have come back
but chose to leave instead. Clearly, more than one player was butting heads with the staff.
shaadb-man

Post by shaadb-man »

^^^^ spot on have heard this from many
Meatpuppet

Post by Meatpuppet »

Butting heads is an understatement. Players hated the coaches. Lost the support of the programs major benefactor. Could be a long year
shaadb-man

Post by shaadb-man »

Had not heard about the benefactor, was that due to the staff? or was that a personal decision?
sipecoth

Post by sipecoth »

Father Time wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:00 am But, what isn't fiction is that all 3 starting attack, all 3 starting offensive middies, 2 starting poles and the starting goalie could have come back
but chose to leave instead. Clearly, more than one player was butting heads with the staff.
The first part is true, but the conclusion is not 100% accurate, IMO. There are personal stories for each one of those players as to why they left.
As an example, you have guys who had played a couple years for the club program that had eligibility left, but decided to graduate and move on with life. Others had family situations that required a new geography. Whatever the circumstances, not all of them left because of issues with the coaches.

It is true that the coaches are demanding, and expect players to earn what they get. Some players don't like that, so in that sense they do butt heads with the coaches. I know of good kids that hated the coaching staff, and others that love them.

As far as I know (admittedly this is second hand information - but from a very reliable source) the benefactor's change in support has nothing to do with failing support for the coaches, and has everything to do with COVID-19 economics.

I hope that the Utes do well. They need to be successful if D1 lacrosse is ever going to continue to grow outside of the East Coast hotbeds.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”